Just joined does this food diary sound ok??

I do red & Green days (only do EE when going out) so if you want to check my diary its under...
Gottasleepnow food line

Hi I'm not that great with cooking unfortunately :( and have a six month old to run around after so find it hard to fit the cooking In, oh dear maybe this isn't the right plan for me and I should go back to Scottish slimmers :sigh:

Stick with it sweetie. SW is a good healthy plan. You can fit it around your little family :D

Look at some pasta dishes as they are quick and easy to make, you could then add the superfree to a pasta sauce?

Look at the threads 'whats for tea' 'whats for lunch' as they give some fab ideas :D

What about making an sw quiche? we all love it. ie

a tub of non fat cottage cheese (I use Tesco Value 58p)
3 eggs
salt pepper

then add ie bacon and onion
peppers
tomatoes anything you like

bake on 200 for around 25 mins until set. serve warm or cold. I find a cake tin ie 7inch is is right size for this :D

jacket potatoe , salad, tuna?

Honestly you don't have to be Nigella to do sw and there are some fantastic easy to make yummy sw recipes on here. Tell us what you like and we can tell you how to make it (if we know ;)

xxxxxx

Stick with it sweetie. SW is a good healthy plan. You can fit it around your little family :D

Look at some pasta dishes as they are quick and easy to make, you could then add the superfree to a pasta sauce?

Look at the threads 'whats for tea' 'whats for lunch' as they give some fab ideas :D

What about making an sw quiche? we all love it. ie

a tub of non fat cottage cheese (I use Tesco Value 58p)
3 eggs
salt pepper

then add ie bacon and onion
peppers
tomatoes anything you like

bake on 200 for around 25 mins until set. serve warm or cold. I find a cake tin ie 7inch is is right size for this :D

jacket potatoe , salad, tuna?

Honestly you don't have to be Nigella to do sw and there are some fantastic easy to make yummy sw recipes on here. Tell us what you like and we can tell you how to make it (if we know ;)

xxxxxx

Thanks for your reply I love queish but it gave me food poisoing a few months back and I can't have any cheese at the moment with having gall stones :cry: am hoping to get my gallbladder out the beginning of next year and will be able to have cheese again then x. Will defo have a look at what's for tea and what's for lunch thread for ideas

Are you sure can't have cottage cheese? Only ask as so low in fat, in fact more or less no fat so you might be allowed that sweetie :D and sw quiche won't give you food poisoning :D

Theres also a photo thread in the recipe section and that gives fab ideas :)

Or tell us the sorts of things you love and we will try and help you. Sw can be as easy or as complicated as you like. :) we are all here to help and support you, so no giving in okay? :bighug: xxxxx

Thanks jackie, may be able to have cottage cheese will check that out, and I know I wouldn't get food poisoning again from queish but have been petrified to eat it since :(

Have my weigh in tomorrow night so will see how that goes,

I love pasta and rice and potatoes and Chinese food infact will eat pretty much anything ;)

I don't know alot about gallstones but imagine its the fat in cheese. Cottage cheese especially the syn free ones are almost non existant fat wise but give the cheesy taste :D

I had food poisoning once and now cook everything to death :giggle: so totally understand.

There really are some amazing recipes on here, many really simple ideas so always worth printing a few off for a later date.

Goodluck at WI and remember we are all here for you :D xxxxxx

Thank you so much, they said my gall stones could have happened because of my pregnancy :cry: but wouldn't change my daughter for the world lol, just really needing my gall bladder out as if I do have an attack I can't even move to deal with my lo and have to take to bed. I also have to take painkillers everyday :( not nice

I completly agree with JackieN, SW really is worth sticking with, it took me a few weeks too be honest to start getting my head round it all but once you are there it is really worth sticking with.

In response to the Superfree foods questions you had the side salad would count:

Lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber and oninos are all Speed (S) foods and grapes are good too.

Some super-speed fruits to help speed up your weight loss would be:
Berries (i.e. blackberries, bilberries, raspeberries, strawberries), grapefruit, melon (apart from watermelon) - not sure if you like any of these but if you do they would be good to snack on!

Hope this helps

Kx

Do you know the value of ww sausages?

Weight Watchers, Reduced Fat Cumberland Sausages, 8 pack, chilled, 50g each - 1/2 syn each

Weight Watchers, Premium Pork Sausages, 8 pack, chilled, 50g each - 1/2 syn each

Weight Watchers, Premium Thick Pork Sausages, 6 pack, chilled, 67g each - 1 syn each

PLEASE DONT GIVE UP - it will work, you just need to plan a little (just take half hr at beg of week to plan)

Thanks Hun am feeling a bit more positive today, and here is my food diary so far

B - 2 slices ww bread (hexb) 2 tbs flora light (2.0)

L - 300ml skimmed milk (hex a ) large bowl of pasta with loads of mushrooms fried in fry light, and three slices bacon fat removed grilled, 2tbs reduced fat creme fraiche (4.0)

T - is going to be chicken curry made with the sw free curry sauce and boiled rice with dessert of strawberries,grapes and 0% shape yog how does this sound so far ?

Thanks Hun am feeling a bit more positive today, and here is my food diary so far

B - 2 slices ww bread (hexb) 2 tbs flora light (2.0)

L - 300ml skimmed milk (hex a ) large bowl of pasta with loads of mushrooms fried in fry light, and three slices bacon fat removed grilled, 2tbs reduced fat creme fraiche (4.0)

T - is going to be chicken curry made with the sw free curry sauce and boiled rice with dessert of strawberries,grapes and 0% shape yog how does this sound so far ?

If you're following EE you need to have much, much more Superfree with your meals. In fact, one third of your plate needs to be SF.

With your toast on a morning could you have some fruit? Banana on toast is a great idea, good start.

Lunch sounds okay, depending on how much 'loads' of mushrooms are. Maybe you could have a little bit of salad with your pasta in future, or some boiled veg?

Chicken Curry for tea is the perfect excuse for lots of SF foods. You can bulk it out with onions, peppers, mushrooms - all sorts! Your dessert looks perfect - really yummy and filling.

Excuse me if I'm wrong, but just looking through your posts it seems to me you could be just eating 'snacks' for the sake of eating more. For example, 'Will have a banana now' - are you hungry that you need a banana, or are you simply having it so that you have had a bit more SuperFree in your day? It is a vital part of the plan that you eat only when you are hungry, and you stop once you are full.

Hope this gives you a bit of help. Also, my diary is in my signiture if you want to take a look for some ideas. Good luck :) xx

Thanks for the reply, I am quite good at stopping eating when I feel full and will defo add the onion and mushroom to the curry we are having for tea.;)

This is day five for me doing it from home and I think I am slowly starting to get my head around the plan, really am trying to eat more super foods and will hopefully have cracked it by the end of the week lol

Lesley xx

Oh and was feeling peckish that's why I had the banana not just for the sake of it, sorry of that's how it sounded

Yeah, you look like you're getting the hang of it more and more each day. Keep up the good work and I'm sure you'll be where you want to be in no time. Good luck hun :) xx

That's the onions chopped, mushrooms chopped and just have to add the frozen peppers to the curry ;) my mouth is watering just thinking about it yummy yummy :)

Back