Just totting up my day off points :s eeeekkk

gonnagetskinny20

Silver Member
HIYA EVERYONE, so today i got weighed and i have lost 7lb so i decided to have a day off but still count points and eat less all week so today ive had

carvery 15

kids sausage and chips 13
pitta 1.5

mars milkshake 7 points

expresso frappaucino light 2.5
tomato sauce 0.5
mayo light 0.5

Total 40 points :S OH DEAR

I now have 23 points to eat every day this week which isnt too bad

Ooh dangerous territory totting up days off points!

I have my birthday next week then my husbands a few days later with a meal in between, will I totting up???? Oooooooh I like to think so!

haha im terrible i think oh well ill just go up to 40 and ill stop haha but i actually feel sick so its not all good x

Well done you on the 7lbs loss - that is brilliant. Fair play to you having an off day and still totting up the points. Good luck on your 2nd week.
Weighed me at the hospital yesterday and I am up 1lb since Monday - how can I be up 1lb in 2 days:confused::confused:. My weigh in date is Monday and so I am going to see what my scales says. Suppose it is the steroids and stuff but it's getting very frustrating for me.

I wouldn't advice doing this, if you want a day off don't go too overboard as all the good work of having 7lbs off will just be going straight back on, it's easy to fall into the habbit of this and like you said you feel sick now, so it wasn't worth it, it's best to just keep in one mindset and carry on with it that way.

Are you going to save points now from every day to cancel it out? i'd up the exercise too to be on the safe side!

good luck

yea i get 26 points a day so im having between 20-23 to make up for the extra 14 i went over yesterday :) i have to treat myself otherwise as soon as i get to where i want to be i will go haywire so im not gonna deny myself the occasional bad day :) xxx

i wouldnt do this either but then thats just me,,i've been treating myself with new clothes as i'm not feeling deprived at all with what i eat:)

yea i get 26 points a day so im having between 20-23 to make up for the extra 14 i went over yesterday :) i have to treat myself otherwise as soon as i get to where i want to be i will go haywire so im not gonna deny myself the occasional bad day :) xxx

ah that's good as long as you save and your definitely sure it all came to 40 points, i know chippy and carvery is hard to point exactly.

I know it's your way of doing things etc, but for me there are better ways to treat yourself like yummymummy says buying clothes is a good way etc... but even on the food front.. just a carvery would of been good enough or the chippy... but not both kind of cancels your 7lbs loss tbh and it's harder to shift afterwards.

By all means treat yourself but sometimes there are ways of doing so now all week you have to limit yourself even further and will be more on edge to go off plan imho, whereas if you went over by lesser points you would only of had to lower points on a couple of days or by as little as 0.5 a day etc stuff like that.

i wouldnt do this either but then thats just me,,i've been treating myself with new clothes as i'm not feeling deprived at all with what i eat:)

i don't feel deprived either, i love my food have mcdonalds and chinese once a week... not both :D .. just pick between which one.. love it! then eat crisps and chocolate if i want during the week etc YUM :) buying clothes is a treat for me also especially the jeans! haha :p

haha i no i shouldnt have had both but i only had a childrens sausage and chips :p and i didnt have roast potatoes, stuffing or cauliflour cheese and i only had turkey :) Im just a piggy wiggle and can eat loads i no its really bad lol but today ive had a ham salad sandwich and im about to have a gfy fish pie so im feeling good about getting back on with it xx

hehe good for you hun :)

sorry don't mean to have a go.. just trying to make you see that sometimes you can still have big treats but split it up hehe just makes it easier on you :) hope you've had a good week anyway and have a great weekend! :D

Wow some really negative comments there! We all lose weight and diet in different ways. One way is no better than the other if you are happy, healthy and losing weight.

Congrats on the 7lb loss and well done for being realistic enough to point up your treat day.

Wow some really negative comments there! We all lose weight and diet in different ways. One way is no better than the other if you are happy, healthy and losing weight.

Congrats on the 7lb loss and well done for being realistic enough to point up your treat day.

erm excuse me? negative comments no, i think everyone understands so it seems apart from you what i mean! it's supporting comments, meaning different ways to still get treats and enjoy ... helping out... not being negative! thank you very much

Smirky, we all have our own opinions, mine are obviously different to yours. I think we're all grown ups here and are able to listen to everyone's comments without taking them personally.

Gonnagetskinny20, hopefully these differing opinions haven't ruined your post. All the best.

Smirky, we all have our own opinions, mine are obviously different to yours. I think we're all grown ups here and are able to listen to everyone's comments without taking them personally.

Gonnagetskinny20, hopefully these differing opinions haven't ruined your post. All the best.

exactly, and i expressed mine with the best interests at heart! helping someone on their way to their goals! No need to class my views as negative though is there? where is the need for that? no need at all. You just had to say like others have done 'oh i'd do the same i'd have a treat day' or whatever not have an personal attack saying peoples views are straight down the line negative when that's not the case at all

I have to agree with Smirky I dont think any of the posts were negative or unhelpful, they were all aimed at helping and were as far as I can see taken by everyone the way they were intended. As a 'old hand' WWer had I seen the thread earlier Id have said pretty much what Smirky said too. Some good advice there. I think Edema youve maybe misinterpreted what was being said

Last edited:
i dont think anyone was being negative,,we're all just giving advice as to what works best for us,,anyway back on track i hope everything goes well for gonnagetskinny20:)

Snap! Sorry gonnagetskinny20! took over a bit there, highlight bit of thread... 7lbs gone! WOO :) xx

Congratulations on the 7lb loss:woohoo:

I have to say I'm only new here but I haven't come across anyone giving negative comments here, I see the posts as trying to be helpful from people that have more experience on what works best. Obviously everyone needs to follow ww in a way that they can live with. The thing I am loving about it is that I can treat myself without messing up, feeling guilty and then just giving up as it's too hard to be 'good' all the time. :)

Back