Karenlou's diary - Hello, I'm home!

Hi guys

Two things made me smile today. Firstly I can get my black work trousers on and off without unfastening them at all :)

Secondly my neighbour stopped me on the way into town and said 'I don't want to be personal, but have you lost weight?' I said yes and he said 'I thought you were looking nice and slim.'

Love it when things like that happen :)

I feel fab! I was feeling good today with the loose trousers an all so the comment really boosted me.

How are you? Feeling any better?

Yes, it's true. My OH says he has learned in his very male dysfunctional way that the best way to make a woman smile is to say her hair looks lovely or ask if they've lost weight lol.

Hey KarenLou! Aw no, tell him he wouldn't know any of them unless he was living in Galways in the late 90s! It was a University thing really and none of them made it big...they mostly split up, formed other bands, or broke up and got normal jobs! A lot of my exes still play but not on any kind of professional level really! :) This new drummer guy does tour managing for some decent enough bands for the festivals and has played with a few alright bands though!
And your man is a punk! I grew up on SLF and the Clash over here and all sorts of Northern Punk...and also UK Subs and the like :) hate that I'm too old for my tartan drainpipes! ;)x We have a punk festival 20 minutes from where I live too...it's pretty decent!

Hi guys

Two things made me smile today. Firstly I can get my black work trousers on and off without unfastening them at all :)

Secondly my neighbour stopped me on the way into town and said 'I don't want to be personal, but have you lost weight?' I said yes and he said 'I thought you were looking nice and slim.'

Love it when things like that happen :)

Thats brilliant, its such a great feeling isnt it :)

Have a great weekend

Love it Karen, I bet that made you smile all day - wearing loose trousers must be fab, been a long time since ive known it personally!
That was real nice of your neighbour as well to say that!!! awwwwww!!!!!

Lucky you! Congratulations! x

aww congrats hunni thats so great!

Hey Siobhan, my OH's band has supported 999 and the UK subs. If you like a bit of old school punk you can check them out at www.pointyboss.co.uk

Sarah and others - I'm loving the loose trousers but wondering if I can put off replacing them till I've lost a bit more weight - I feel mildly insecure in them lol.

Right! I'm (nearly) packed and ready. Got my low point snacks to stave off the munchies and I'm raring to go!

WI this morning (should be Wednesday but didn't want to miss a week to did it early) and lost 1lb. Bit disappointing but it is 2 days early so I'll have nine days before next WI so can make up for it.

Determined to stay in the 100% club despite being on holiday so going to earn lots of exercise points for the occassional treat and make sensible choices the rest of the time.

See you next week guys. I'll pop on here if I can find a cyber cafe.

K xx

Have a lovely holiday my dear - am so jealous - stuck in the UK....booo x x x x x

Have a great time hunny!!! Just enjoy yourself xxx Post if you get a chance but if not don't fret, I'll bump your diary from time to time! x :)

Back