Karen's Diary - 3rd time lucky!!!

I had all my family with me on my 18th.. big BBQ. Mean son :p It's my 21st in July and I'm doing a family thing again.. posh picnic and then greyhound racing! Will do something seperate with my friends, either a BBQ here or go out :)

What a meanie not letting the oldies go to the party. We all went to my nieces 18th but under strict instructions not to do anything embarassing - even the grannies went!

Does your son have a laptop or an iphone or something gadgety like that? Boys and toys and all that.

Like the sound of the new beefeater menu - might give that a try. I knew they had been re-vamped. x
He's not being mean really. We will do a family do at home for him but your only 18 once and does he want a lot of old codgers dancing round their handbags complaining the music's too loud?? We were all 18 once and I know what he'd rather. He'll enjoy having a family do at home though!
Older son works in IT so has all the gadgets. There literally is nothing I can think of which he would really like. :confused:

Hey karen, things sound hectic your way! i agree though blokes love toys, new cameras, ipod phones, blackberrys are all the rage at the mo. I think i got a digi camera for my 21st. Blokes are hard to buy for. My oh is 37 soon and i have no idea what to get him.

Anyway hows the weightloss going hun?
Thanks for your ideas but as I said to Rosie he works in IT so has all the gadgets he wants! (lucky him) Weight loss going a bit slow, in fact not happening, so am going 100% this week and exercising to see what happens.

Morning Karen :) ... Hope your day goes well :)

We went to Turkey a couple of years ago - We went shopping in Bodrum, it was fab...We stayed near turgitreis (sp?!)...Had a great holiday and think it was probably the cheapest one we had been on, The all inclusive was fab :D
I'm hoping it will be cheap as we're going on hols in summer so this is an extra in a very expensive year:(

I had all my family with me on my 18th.. big BBQ. Mean son :p It's my 21st in July and I'm doing a family thing again.. posh picnic and then greyhound racing! Will do something seperate with my friends, either a BBQ here or go out :)
Well done Jess! You've given me inspiration. He went to a friends 18th a couple years ago and they went greyhound racing and his dad paid for it. We could go horse or greyhound as son loves horse racing and enjoys going to the dogs when he's been :happy096::worthy: But yes, the other son does needs something different with friends as you say, although I love the music my sons play and would love to go clubbing!!!

Gatecrash the party, or give me the location I'll gatecrash it and show them how to party!!! LOL!! (then really suffer in the morning!!)

I was thinking along the lines of laptop or Ipod touch/Iphone for his birthday???? Never had kids, just the dog, shes really easy to buy for doggie treats and a new toy!! Every year yet she acts like its the first time shes ever had a present - so so easy!!

Just popping by to say hi!! Not been posting for a while, still plugging away at this damned essay!! I was rolling around the floor laughing at your pool stories with the old codgers, LOL!! I especially loved the idea of the man with the hair piece, he must get a really sore neck swimming without getting it wet ha!!

Good work on the running too, 3.5k good going!

x

Been well good food wise today

B - Special K & fat free milk -3
L - Chicken salad sandwich - 4
D - Big bowl of special K 7 choc mousse - 7

S - apple .5
Total 14.5

Have been really busy today, swimming, shopping out for lunc, dog walking etc etc!

Youngest son is in final of talent contest at school on Thursday so busy singing all night in practice. All of a sudden he charges down stairs, he's got cooking tommorrow and needed ingredients for cheesecake. Now that's no what you normally keep in fridge so off we totter to Morrisons 5 minutes before closing - phew! He does it every time and its a made panic.
Got busy few days as got to go to Oxford to watch son play footie. Oh, forgot his parents evening before that as well.
Off to Bognor on Friday for youngest sons footie tournament. Always a good weekend as we're really good friends with all the parents . Will try to get on tommorrow and post on everyones threads. Apologies in advance if I don't.

Night night x

i used to do the same when i did cookery at school Karen! :D used to drive my mother loopy!

glad you're back on the wagon 100%, have a lovely day today :) x

Been well good food wise today

B - Special K & fat free milk -3
L - Chicken salad sandwich - 4
D - Big bowl of special K 7 choc mousse - 7

S - apple .5
Total 14.5

Have been really busy today, swimming, shopping out for lunc, dog walking etc etc!

Youngest son is in final of talent contest at school on Thursday so busy singing all night in practice. All of a sudden he charges down stairs, he's got cooking tommorrow and needed ingredients for cheesecake. Now that's no what you normally keep in fridge so off we totter to Morrisons 5 minutes before closing - phew! He does it every time and its a made panic.
Got busy few days as got to go to Oxford to watch son play footie. Oh, forgot his parents evening before that as well.
Off to Bognor on Friday for youngest sons footie tournament. Always a good weekend as we're really good friends with all the parents . Will try to get on tommorrow and post on everyones threads. Apologies in advance if I don't.

Night night x

Phew I'm exhausted just reading it!!

Morning Karem.
Thanks for your support in my diary.
Well youve have been rushed off your feet. Im so sorry somehow i havent wrote in your diary for a little while!! :copon:
Hope the cheesecake turns out good?Erm well actually-not too good you dont need the temptation ;)..(but it would be very rude not to have a likkle taste) :p
Have a lovely day xx

Hi there Karen

Can so appreciate your rushing round to get ingrediants at last minute for sons cooking class - both mine used to do exactly same thing to me :eek:

Hope he knocks them dead in talent contest :p

Have a great time at the toranament if i don't catch up with you before :D
xxx

Hello ladies, yes it is a little frantic here at the moment. Good thing is am not going to footie tonight (wouldn't have minded though as lovely weather), hubby will take him. Have got to pick up 13 year old from his date at pictures!! He's a real flirt. My other two are really quiet about girlfriends but youngest one can't tell you enough. He's got to come home and practise for his talent contest and I'm a bit worried if i'm not here eldest one will take micky out of him and knock his confidence - ah brotherly love!!
Been good today:
B - sugar puffs and fat free milk - 2.5
L - ww mushroom soup & choc mousse 3.5

S - 2 apples & lighter babybell - 2.5
Total = 8.5
Haven't decided on dinner
Speak later x

Your wee one sounds like a right charmer - just wait till he gets older ;)

Blimey, your older lad does sound tricky to buy for - and you don't want to just give him money for his 21st I suppose.

My brother used to do the cooking thing. Next time say no! After he gets in trouble once he'll give you more notice in future :p

if the cheesecake snuck in it musta been so quietly cause i missed anything about cheesecake - i saw sugar puffs though (totally fancy some now!)

hope you've had a good day today anyway :D x

Hiya Karen,how about one of those day out voucher thingy ma jigs-like grand prix driving for the day etc etc??for your sons 21st..

Its really tricky isnt it how about googling it,i had a party for my 18th and a family meal day after then just had a night out with me mates for my 21st..
have a fab evening..
Thanks for the rep.xx:)

Your wee one sounds like a right charmer - just wait till he gets older ;)

Blimey, your older lad does sound tricky to buy for - and you don't want to just give him money for his 21st I suppose.

Yes a charmer is right!! He is lovely, well cheeky x
My brother used to do the cooking thing. Next time say no! After he gets in trouble once he'll give you more notice in future :p
With that attitude Jess, you will be a very strict mum!:copon:

if the cheesecake snuck in it musta been so quietly cause i missed anything about cheesecake - i saw sugar puffs though (totally fancy some now!)

hope you've had a good day today anyway :D x
Cheesecake looked lovely, but unfortunately tasted like solid yoghurt, even son didn't like it. Looked impressive though! I never liked sugar puffs but only 1.5 pts per 30g so good for breakfast or snack. x

Spent nearly all night catching up on diaries so will have to be quick. Been good still:
B sugar puffs & fat free milk 2.5
L - ww soup & ww choc mousse3
D - ww sticky chill chicken & salad & mousse - 6
S - Apple & lighter babybell, little cake from bucket cakes 2?
Think I will have a hot choc in a minute will which take me to 14.5
Am off to Butlins tommorrow. Went last year and was not really looking forward to it as not really my thing, but did have a great time. Food is included in price and there is a brilliant choice so will be able to be good;) Trouble is drink will put my points up so will ignore counting points this weekend:p Not much else to say really, bit of a boring week. Will try to get on again tommorrow before I go. x

aww have a lovely time Karen! hope the weather is nice for you while you are away :) xxx

p.s.. why do you eat sugar puffs if you dont like them? why not have coco pops or ricicles or something for the same points?

aww have a lovely time Karen! hope the weather is nice for you while you are away :) xxx

p.s.. why do you eat sugar puffs if you dont like them? why not have coco pops or ricicles or something for the same points?
Thank you am going to take the suncream! (will prob rain now). I do like sugar puffs, I just never used to - strange I know, but he ho. x

Good Morning Karen.
I hope you have a lovely time at butlins this weekend xx

Thank you Gemma, should be a laugh. Sorry I haven't posted on yours for a while, I will find you again! x

Right, that's me done until Monday, I've got too much to do. Just stocked up the food cupboards for sons who are left behind (loads of junk food!!), and have to go and pack. Am going to leave when youngest comes home from school. Hope everyone has a lovely long weekend and the sun shines for you all xx

Back