Karens EE Diary

Alright mate.....that family are a nightmare......make sure you write everything down.....

My diet been a bit wobbly.....lol

:eek: In what way has it been 'wobbly' missus? What have you done?! And more importantly, why didn't you include me in any naughtiness???

My hubby has given me a 'day off' and taken the kids out for a while. I am going to use it to have a nice bath, finish this book and do some tidying.

The troops have requested fajitas for dinner so I am going to use some of the chicken to make myself a curry i think. I'd love fajita but refried beans, sour cream and flour tortilla are not that syn friendly so will remain a good girl and make myself something seperate. I might just do myself some SW wedges and grilled chicken... decisions decisions.... OMG... Im gonna have SW KFC, thats what Im gonna do! YUM! it better be everything i imagine it to be lol.

Day 53

EE DAY

Brekky

N/A

Lunch

Ham Sarnie (HEX B)
15g Light salad Cream (2 syns)
Toms, spinach, spring onion

Dinner

SW wedges
SW KFC chicken (couscous coating)
Colslaw (3 syns)
Beans
Apple
Banana

Snacks

Alpen bar (3 syns)
Muller cheesecake (1 syn)
Apple

Total Syns: 9

Last edited:
well ladies, I can honestly say that it was bloody 'orrible! maybe it was the way i made it.... but i wont be bothering again. I used plain couscous instead of breadcrumb as some others had suggested and i just didnt like it. it didnt taste like kfc at all to me. ah well! The wedges were very yummy though. I put loads of barbeque seasoning on them and had a mix of white and sweet potatoes. they didnt look great but tasted it :D

So... I have just dropped the kids at my mothers so that I can do some running around in the morning sorting out last of holiday stuff. need to sort travel insurance at bank, get euros, go to library and print off tickets and arrange for airport parking. i will also finish packing and then i can relax until friday. In less than a week we will be in County Cork again...yay! I really need a holiday, I can tell ya!

I think i need to confess that i have been on the scales.... and have had a 2lb gain. I have been honest with my diary and have not been naughty so cannot understand the gain but i just hope it is because I am full of crap (literally) and it will all even out by WI in 2 days time. I will be utterly gutted if I gain at WI when I have been 100% on plan... especially as i was working hard towards getting my 1.5 stone award before jetting of to the Emerald Isle. I wouldnt usually worry but i just wanted to make sure i was being good so that i could be motivated to stay on plan while away. ho-hum!

On the bright side, My feet have lost weight and I am smaller on my upper back. i noticed it yesterday when i wore my gypsy dress which was looser at the top and today i wore a fitted tunic top that used to be a lil snug under the bust but is now bagging out a little. it feels really good to be noticing some changes. I noticed my boots were no longer tight across the front the other day and when i put on my pumps and my sandals, they were looser too. I just need my big bum to start shrinking now :D

ooo... there is one difference this week... i have been lax and not had any brekky for a few mornings. I wonder if thats effecting the scales? that and the fact I have had constipation could be conspiring against me... hmmmm!

Well, my busy morning has gone to pot a little! I had a lay-in until 10.30am and havent done much of anything so far. The holiday loose-ends will all get sorted today though. It nearly noon so i better start considering a shower and getting dressed :eek: yes kids - this is what mum does when she is 'busy' and you are with your grandparents...

So... I have no clue of what I will be feasting on today but heres a menu i can edit as I go...

Day 54

EE DAY

Brekky

Galia Melon
Apple

Lunch

Ainsley Cous Cous (0.5 syn)
4 Chicken spears
Salad: lettuce, cherry toms, spring onion, cucumber

Dinner

WW spring onion mash (3 syns)
2 Quorn sausages
Tinned veg (carrots, french beans, green beans, turnip and peas)

Snacks

N/A

Total Syns: 3.5

Last edited:
Hey mate....it might be the lack of brekkie in the mornings...as you usually have fruit ........really hope all clears soon as you have been so good....unlike myself but will put that in my diary.......cant believe you are gonna be away for a week.........

heya sonya. I reckon the lack of breakfasts will have somehting to do with it. Also, just for this week, I havent always had my HEX choices. Today I have had neither.... but its not on purpose and thats happened at other times this week. i got caught short and ate at my mums today... she lives by icelands so i nipped in and bought dinner (hoping WW mash would be low syn lol). I havent checked scales again but i am just hoping i have a loss tomorrow. i'd like a 4lb loss to achieve my july target... or will settle for 3.5lb loss in order to get my 1.5 stone sticker... or failing that... would like a 3lb loss so that I am in the 17s. Actually... any loss would be ruddy fab!

Quite a boring day. Its threatening to rain so we are indoors watching movies (Shrek at the mo) and lazing about. Im doing the laundry for holidays... not much else going on though.

I weigh in today.... eekkk!

Day 55

Brekky

N/A

Lunch

Chicken sandwich (HEX B)
12g Mayo (5.5 syns)
Apple

Dinner

Fridge Raiders (3 syns)
Pasta
Tinned toms with chilli

Snacks

250ml semi milk (HEX A)
Apple
2 small bananas

Total Syns: 8.5

Last edited:
hope you got a good week loss this week Karen, ill lost out for your post tomorrow x

Well done missus........knew you could do it........will leave it to you to tell everyone your good news, but well done from me xxxx
Hope it keeps you on track next week...

Thanks jane and sonya.

I am chuffed to say i lost 2.5lbs and got Slimmer of the Month tonight with an overall loss of 8.5lbs. I almost died of embarrassment but I LOVE my shiney sticker! I love collecting them and find they really spur me on lol. So, I was disappointed to miss out on my 1.5 stone sticker by 1lb but the SOTM award soon perked me up :D I absolutely MUST be good on holidays as I want my 1.5 sticker when i get back from ireland :)

Last edited:
awh well done Karen thats a fantastic result SOTM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! great news chick xx

thank you Jane, well done on your big loss as well. xx

Day 56

Brekky

banana

Lunch

1/2 jar of Napolina pasta sauce (6 syns)
Wholewheat pasta
chopped chicken breast
small bunch of grapes

Dinner

Prawn Stirfry
Spicey Szchuan Stirfry sauce (7.5 syns)

Snacks

250ml semi milk (HEX A)
2 alpen bars (HEX B)
muller light

Total Syns: 13.5

Wow fabulous losses. I'm sure you will get your next sticker after your holidays, you are so motivated. Well done. x

heya jess, how are you doing? thanks for the support xxx

Well today i spent some time with my sister as she goes away for her holiday b4 i get back from mine and our kids wont see eachother for a couple of weeks. it was nice catching up and seeing my niece.. and getting my lovely sister to cook my lunch :) Following that I went to see delightful Sonkie who made me a nice cuppa too so i have had a laid back and social day. Tomorrow i work and finish up all the pre-holiday loose-ends.

I'm going sailing with work tomorrow and totally looking forward to it :D Ive never been sailing before. I've been on the Swansea to Cork Ferry a million times and spent a week drunk on a barge with a bunch of the girls but never proper sailing so it will be cool. Im sure a lot of the lads i work with wont have been sailing before either so that will make it all even better... and possibly dangerous as obviously, none of us will know what the hell we are doing...

Im really pleased with how i am doing on the plan at the moment. I think i will do well while i am away as i seem to be able to make much better choices these days. it crossed my mind to have some mini kievs for dinner which would have blown my syns to 18 for the day and i considered that i might get away with it as i have 2 weeks until WI. Well... i soon slapped my wrists and chose the better option. if i can just do that for 12 more days, it'll all be fine :D

Well done on making the right decision today and good luck with the sailing (you're a braver woman than me!) ;)

heya nikki, thank you hun. i had a brilliant time... it was so much fun. I had the horror of none of the zip up life jackets fitting but i had already considered it so it wasnt a shock or anything. i just had to wear a different type... but not before the guy had made me try to squeeze into the smaller ones in front of the youths lol. oh the horror.... i told the fella 'i need a big one' and he asked me how i knew he had a 'big one' and that i could have it any time i like lol. best offer i've had all day.

Day 56

Brekky

none

Lunch

Ham salad sarnie (HEX B)
Grapes
salad cream light (2 syns)
2 chicken skewers with pepper, onion and mushroom

Dinner

Jacket spud
salad of lettuce, cherry toms, red onion and shredded carrots
hot and spicey chicken

Snacks

2 x Walkers Crisps (13 syns)

Total Syns: 15

Last edited:
Ha ha that made me laugh sorry - "how do you know ive got a large one?" making the situation even more awkward!! Ha ha. Glad it was good though and looks like you stuck to the plan really well too! xx

Back