Karens EE Diary

awww he was a right old sweetie... demanding to know who told me he had a biggun... i cracked up :D he was all of about 70 yrs old and barely a tooth in his head but a funny bugger nonetheless. Its been a lovely day.

I have just been to the pub with my dad so i've added my naughty booze to the syn list lol. I got sick of sorting laundry and the kids changing their minds about what clothes they want to wear so just ended up sodding off for a couple of malibu's :D After an hour or so me and dad had put the world to rights and decided how best to run the planet then walked home. walking up that steep hill wasnt as bad as it usually is... i didnt have to stop at any point so i must be making sme progress.

Im gonna take some more pics and post them when i hit my 2 stone loss. At my size a 1 stone loss just doesnt notice but prehaps a 2 stone one will? even if it dont, it'll all still be documented. I can feel some changes but they arent visable to others... i can only tell because some clothes fit a little differently but im still a big girl :) feel very positive about it all though and truely feel that this is the time i will make it into a size 10. Even if i have to hack bits off!

sorry sonya, totally ignored ya lol. we sailed all around cawsands, the hoe, mount edgecombe and a bit further out but i dont know where. we were out for 2.5 hours and it was beautiful. will post pics of the view on FB but obviously, i cannot post any featuring the youths. it was really gawjus. Im such a water baby and love the sea :D xx

sorry sonya, totally ignored ya lol. we sailed all around cawsands, the hoe, mount edgecombe and a bit further out but i dont know where. we were out for 2.5 hours and it was beautiful. will post pics of the view on FB but obviously, i cannot post any featuring the youths. it was really gawjus. Im such a water baby and love the sea :D xx

Hmmm ignored.....charming......and I thought we were mates :rolleyes: .........pmsl
Sounds lovely though....was it choppy ???
Cant believe youre gonna be away for a week, hope you show your face on msn before you leave....or I will never forgive you......ever :p

oops! ignored you again! sorry sonya... I didnt come back on before going to Ireland.

I have to say that I loved being in Ireland again - got to see lots of cousins and go to lots of lovely places that I havent seen since I was a kid. We're going back next year and we miss being there already :( I've only been there twice as an adult and both were difficult (a family funeral) so it was nice to go again under better circumstances.

I was a goods SWer for the first few days but lost the plot in the end as I was sick of eating at different times to my kids and family. The cooker was small and we couldnt fit everything at the same time so I just did the cooking seperately and ended up on my own. Then I couldnt drink in the pubs and SW was really interfering with my good time lol. so, I decided to sod the plan for the last 4 days and ended up very glad that I had as I was able to go out and enjoy myself and we ate out a few times without me panicking and making everyone wait around while i prepared things for myself. it was fab and i dont regret it. I had frickendellen and Baileys and fried chicken and chip... they were devine! back to plan as of today though. We got home yesterday and I am now back in the zone. We were starved when we got back so had a chinese with my mum as star guest but as of this morning I am back to it. I will have definetly gained weight but prehaps I can try to limit the damage between now and tuesday (doubt it as I only have 2 days but- ah well!) It was honestly worth it :D

I need to do a big shop now so will do menu later when I remind myself of what I am doing.

xxx

I forgot to mention I came back to a big pile of post and amongst it was my unconditional offer of my uni place... YAY! however, i have naffed up student finance as well so have to get that sorted. It toook me until 33 to decide what to do with my life and Im glad i am finally going to get my degree :D

ok.... back to being a good girl after my yummy holidays....BOOOoooo! I brought back a huge multipack of tayto... hope i can ration myself!

Day 5 of Week 10

Brekky

Cherry mullerlight
11g Cadbury Highlight (2 syns)

Lunch

Cheese (HEX A)
57g w/m roll (HEX B)
lettuce, tom, cucumber & red onion
17g salad cream light (2.5 syns)
options drink (2 syns)

Dinner

2 x WW sausages (1 syn)
Mashed spuds
sweetcorn, peas and greenbeans
toms, onion and mushroom with spices
2 laughing cow light triangles (3 syns)

Snacks

5 baked chicken dippers (7.5 syns)

Total Syns: 16

Last edited:
oh bugger. why did i keep picking at the cooked dippers? syn overload.... will have less tomorrow.

hi karen sounds like you had a fab time on holiday and dont worry about going off plan just as long as you enjoyed what you were eating and got back on track which you did, i cant back on friday from my holiday and im still struggling to get back on track oops lol

heres hoping we both sts on tuesday x

heya Jane, thanks chuck xxx I hope we can both at least sts too...tho i didnt help myself by having 16 syns and a second helping of dinner LOL. ah well!

sonya... I wish I had stuck to just the 1 chip. it was more like 1 barrell of chips...:eek:

it is very early (just gone 5am) but ive been laying awake and unable to drift back off to sleep. Maybe I fell asleep too early last night. Anyways... nothing else to do except nip on here and think about how good i am going to be before tomorrow weigh-in. pfffttt! I think it is far too late to save me now. i have a free week due to me (1st weigh in since count-down ended so dont have to pay as i introduced sonya to group) so that'll take the sting out of the gain that i am sure i will have. hey... i wonder if thats why i woke and cannot get back to sleep? oh gawd.... if i am sad enough to lose sleep over a weigh-in, I need to get a life more desperately than i thought! :rolleyes:

i cannot help but sit here and laugh to myself. One of the kids keep sneezing in their sleep and each time they do, they are farting as well. it doesnt take much to amuse me :p

while we were in Ireland my lovely brother bought me a copy of 'McCarthy's Bar' by Pete McCarthy and I have been really enjoying reading it. It features all of the places around West Cork that I have grown up visiting on my annual holidays and is such a funny book. The main cover picture used is actually the pub from the town my dad grew up in. Sad that the author has passed away now. I think I will go back to bed and read another chapter before I (try to) get back to sleep...

typical! I'm doing the holiday laundry and its tipping down :rolleyes: I wish our tumble dryer hadn't exploded...

I am having an eventful day thus far. I have sorted out the student finance mess (i think) and got a million charity bags organised. We have about 10 bin liners full of shoes and clothes and i havent entirely finished yet! It is totally amazing how quickly our house gets stuffed with crap :eek: I have also introduced myself to and spoken with our adoption social worker - the step parent adoption process is finally starting. We applied for my husband to adopt my 2 older children over a year ago and we have finally gotten to the top of the list. The letters arrived while we were away so that was nice news to come home to. We are meeting with him next wednesday evening to get our paperwork started... exciting!

Day 6 of Week 10

Brekky

Banana and grapes

Lunch

grilled lean Bacon
57g w/m roll (HEX B)
mushroom, tomato & red onion
options drink (2 syns)

Dinner

Spag bol - extra lean mince, homemade synfree bolognese sauce and wholewheat pasta

Salad

Snacks

Taytos (6 syns)

Total Syns:

Good news at last.....not too bad though a yr to get to the top of the list.......good luck though hope it all goes smoothly.

Thats fantastic news karen and i hope tomorrows weigh in brings some more good news too x

thank you Sonya and Jane xxx The kids are glad it is all finally happening. It'll be nice to all have the same surname properly. Kev has been their only father figure since jay was 4 and Kirsten was 2 so he has always naturally felt like their dad and has always treated them as his own. They are 12 and 10 now and have always called him 'dad' as they have no contact with their own. This really has been a long time coming as we have been together for over 8 years. Im looking most forward to changing their passports as they use Kevs surname on everything except passports... it'll be like the final part of the puzzle...

Anyways.... back to today. The house stinks of garlic... not a nice thing at 8am, I can tell ya! Thats what happens when hubby cooks tea and leaves the dirty garlic press by the sink overnight. I started feeling really sick and 'blech' yesterday afternoon. I still dont feel great and have an upset tum as well so think I have had a bug of some sort. So, hubby took over from me when he got in and let me take to my sickbed lol. In the middle of the night our 6 yr old crawled in with us complaining that inside his ear was really hurting. Low and behold - he has a temp and ear infection this morning. poor thing. To top it all off it hasnt stopped flipping raining since we got back off hols. Is this our blooming summer???? Our new BBQ is sitting out all neglected and I am bored bloody stiff! :sigh:

I do hate to moan but... well, it never stops me lol. Jay is staying at Sonyas tonight and Kirsten is having her friend sleep here so I hope I feel a good deal better by then. Im going to crawl onto the sofa and snuggle Aiden with his poorly ear.

If I can manage to eat, todays menu looks something like this....

Weigh-In Day of Week 10

Brekky

Nectarine
Grapes

Lunch

2 Boiled Eggs
Ainsley Couscous (0.5 syns)
Mixed salad with FF dressing
Highlights drink (2 syns)

Dinner

Birds Eye Peri Peri chicken (3.5 syns)
Couscous (rest of ainsleys)
Mixed leaf salad
32g light boursin (HEX B)

Snacks

Fridge Raiders (3 syns)
Curry Pot Noodle cup soup thingy
Hot Chocolate (2 syns)

Total Syns: 11

Last edited:
Well... I was hoping for a STS this week as I did 9 good days and 5 bad days out of the last fortnight. However... I seemed to have managed a 4.5lb gain. GULP! Ah well... it WAS a good holiday and I am happily back on track now. I do find the plan quite easy to follow most of the time so I won't allow myself to feel demotivated. I'll lose that 4.5 by next week and lose an extra 1lb at least which will mean i get my 1.5 stone award :D

Awwww mate at least you have a valid reason for your gain.......not like me (eeeek) best go edit my sig etc and put the good news on my diary

LOL... you'll be fine mate. We laughed so much I gave myself a right stonker of a headache. I dont think we are meant to find such big gains so hysterically funny but its better to laugh than cry. We will have fab losses next week :D

LOL... you'll be fine mate. We laughed so much I gave myself a right stonker of a headache. I dont think we are meant to find such big gains so hysterically funny but its better to laugh than cry. We will have fab losses next week :D

I just put about that on my diary ......not laughed like that for ages

Good Morning World!

I am shocked to see the sun is shining and the sky is blue :D I hope it isnt a false start to the day as I would love to hang some washing out (Im living the dream...).

I am going to blitz the hell out of my house today. It is due a thorough pounding and today is the day! Im working tomorrow and friday then taking the kids to crealy at the weekend so it needs doing and it needs doing now.

Sonya is popping around this afternoon to give my son back (BOooooooooo) and have lunch. Wonder what culinary wonders I can muster up. The woman is addicted to Tuna salad so I just might have to prize something different down her.. hehe.

So... i *think* todays food will go like....

Day 1 of Week 11

Brekky

Banana
Grapes

Lunch

Cheese (HEX A) Roll (HEX B)
Salad
Salad cream light (2 syns)
Apple

Dinner

Spicy Chicken, spinach and potato curry (from EE cook book)

Snacks

Hot choc (2 syns)
Taytos (6 syns)
FF Onken and grapes

Total Syns: 10

Last edited:
And your becoming addicted to cheese salad rolls.....lol. Not sure what time we will get there, the boys slept downstairs and had to tell them to turn tv down at 1am.....:-0 call is up but jay sleeping through cbeebies..lol. I did warn them id probably be up early with hannah,......lol
OUCH !!!!! my hernia is playing up this morning so have taken a painkiller, for the first time in months if not a yr

sorry to hear the hernia is playing up. take the tabs as you need them and just think... you will be small enough to have the hernia operated on soon :D You've not long left and I realised that I just couldnt wait until 3pm to eat lunch with you... so i have stuffed my face with a cheese salad roll and an apple BUT i will make something for you when you come back :)

Back