Karens EE Diary

had quite an uncomfortable night with my hand and arm. i was a bit too cocky thinking i was healing so well, just cos i didnt feel pain yesterday morning. ah well.... it cant last forever! (i hope).

my youngest son is having a sports day this morning. the school are holding it indoors as the weather forecast is pants and they have split the days amongst the classes. so my son is doing his for an hour this morning and my daughter does hers tomorrow morning. i love these moments in their childhood.

will add my menu when i get back from sports morning.

Day 43

EE DAY

Breakfast

A Satsuma

Lunch

57g W/M bread (HEX B)
15g light salad cream (2 syns)
2 boiled eggs
Salad of lettuce, toms, cucumber and red onion
Ainsley spicey cous cous (0.5 syns)
Satsuma
3 pickled onions

Dinner

Spicey Prawn Stirfry (sauce - 4 syns)
with egg noodles and lots of veggies

Snacks

250ml 'The One' Milk (HEX A)
Choc fudge mullerlight
1 x alpen choc fudge bar (3 syns)

Total Syns: 9.5

Last edited:
well i have just read the fishy week thread and think i am gonna have to do that this week now. i think hubby and the kids will go mental if i serve them fish all week so may have to do slightly different meals... still...will be worth it if i get a fab loss :D

i read that too Karen how amazing was her loss? i only lost 1lb last week and it was my first week :( so really should do the fish week myself but dont like a lot of fish so perhaps not;)

goodluck if you decide to do it xx

im not sure i like that much fish either jane but her 8lb loss kinda makes me wanna try to like it lol. good luck to us both for a good week loss :D xx

well! tonight i had prawn stirfry and it was rather yummy. My tastes arent very varied with fish. I only like tuna, cod, smoked haddock and prawns. theres lots i can do with each one though and its only 1 week. i've never tried monkfish but may buy some. i'll try scallops too... but thats as adventurous as i'll get. i'm starting the fishy week straight away as my WI was only last night so this is a fresh week for me.

aidens sports day was lovely and i got to have lunch with sonya so that was cool. I have signed the 2 youngest kids up for a karate club today. apparently my oldest is too cool for clubs but may be talked into joining a footie team like his sister. dontcha just love boys in their teens?

Sorry to hear that your arm is still giving you grief. But, good luck with your fishy week.
I don't eat fish - but will be interested to see how you get on with it.

Q

Day 44

EE DAY

Breakfast

Banana
Satsuma

Lunch

2 boiled eggs
Salad of lettuce, toms and red onion
Ainsley spicey cous cous (0.5 syns)

Dinner

Tuna
Jacket Spud
12g extra light mayo (0.5 syn)
12g full fat mayo (4.5 syns)
Salad - red onion, cucumber, cherry tomato, iceberg lettuce
Sweetcorn

Snacks

Choc orange mullerlight
2 x choc orange alpen lite bars (HEX B)

Total Syns: 5.5

Last edited:
Thank you sonya and queenie xxx

day 2 of fish week completed. The rest of the week will go something like....

Day 3: Prawn curry & rice
Day 4: Smoked haddock, boiled potatoes and veg
Day 5: Scallops and veggie rice
Day 6: Tuna Pasta salad or Tuna Jacket & Salad
Day 7: Crab salad

Im having a bit of a crap time at the mo but staying on track. I will have a big loss this week!

Yep good loses all round this week, be eat by eating fishes or mamoth treks whilst out on detached. Shame my ped's in it's watery grave as I must have done a least a million steps (was out with a community warden today as I've not rercuited staff for the new project and my Gods' she can get up a turn of speed).

Q

ooo good luck with the new project queenie. i havent done any detached work as yet but will be soon.

this is by far the crappiest week i have had for a long time. im now having the period from hell and my arm is still crap. not getting on with hubby and now really really want him to bugger off to london for work for a while! i have just spoken to an old friend who was the closest person to me for years and years though so that was absolutely lovely!

Day 45

EE DAY

Brunch

Ham sarnie
bread (HEX B)
12g full fat mayo (4.5 syns)
Salad - red onion, cucumber and cherry tomato
cherries

Dinner

Prawn Arrabbiata (5 syns) with Wholewheat Spag
Mixed Peppers, tomatoes and side salad

Snacks

250ml S/S milk (HEX A)
Mullerlight choc orange
Satsuma

Total Syns: 9.5

Last edited:
Well today is the 4th day of my fishy week and i think its been quite nice. I havent felt bloated at all... despite it being my period week too. Its made me deicide that I will eat more fish during this time of my cycle so its a good discovery :) so yeah... I have been feeling crappy this week but not bloated ha! Theres a silver lining in there somewhere!

Im having a bit of a lazy day with my youngest today. hubby has gone to town with daughter and my son is on his first trip to town with his buddies. hence hubby being close by for him to call if he gets into any trouble. he moans at us for being protective parents but im just glad he is safe enough to be able to moan about anything.

So... me and little man have watched a movie and played the x-box. Ice age 3 and Lego batman. Im having a good, lazy time! I will take him for a walk to asda in a while (leave the car, i need the exercise) and my parents are popping round for a brew. I better get some sweetner.

Im wondering if it matters that I am only doing fishy week for my main meals. I really dont think i could handle it twice a day... im struggling as it is! I had a slice of ham in a sandwich for lunch yesterday and today i have had 1 lean bacon medallion so I am really restricting what other meat i have. the other days i have just had eggs or/and cous cous. Im getting a little addicted to the Ainsley Harriot delights... Ive made up a huge batch for today and will use it for nibbling throughout the day.

My arm was hurting last night so i know the pills are just masking the pain for a while but thats fine by me! at least i can do housework and function almost normally now!

Im getting my 1 stone award this week... I know ive done well enough for it so that has put me in a good mood. I am going to give it 2 more weeks and then try on the summer trousers mentioned in my signiture! If they dont start fitting me very soon, then the summer will be over and i will have lost my chances to wear them at all (they r all 3/4 lengths lol). Im going to Ireland in 2 weeks so hopefully they will fit for the holiday...

Will adapt menu as the day wears on as im sure i will be having many more syns than what is there so far!

Day 46

EE DAY

Brunch

Boiled egg and 1 lean bacon medallion sarnie
Ketchup (0.5 syn)
bread (HEX B)
Satsuma
2 scoops of the cous cous from snacks below

Dinner

Smoked Haddock and potatoes
Broccoli
2 laughing cow light triangles (1/2 HEX A)

Snacks

Tub of Cous Cous (1 syn)
Muller New York Cheesecake yog (1 syn)
Chilli Sunbites(6 syns) Value crisps (8.5 syns)

Total Syns: 17 (D'OH!)

Last edited:
Hey missus well done for sticking with the fish thing....rather you than me.....dont mind tuna but unless its coated in batter and deep fried its a no go for me.
We know you will get your 1 stone on tuesday, hoping to get my half.....so gotta lose 1 and a half at least......omg we are both on TOTM at the same time pmsl......

just got back from shopping with sonya and was dead hungry so ate a packet of sunbites on the way home and a new york cheesecake muller as soon as i got home. so, got my syns up but thats fine... still way under for the day. the muller is lovely and i may invest in some digestives so that i can syn 1 and crumble it in the yogurt. heaven!

going to cook the smoked haddock soon and chill out for the evening. A movie night with the kids is in order i reckon.

scrap that... ive had 17 syns for today now lol. not at all worried though as I have had less than 10 per day all week until now so its all cool. if i cannot go mental on crisps during my period just for one night then i just aint living! The family are watching a film i have already seen so hiding upstairs with an icy squash drink and a good book.

Alright missus.....thanx for today, could have spent a small fortune....lol. Did Jay get home ok ?????
Must go put my menu up.....

heya sonya. yeah he got home fine. was callum ok? jay swears he was at asda and apparently they didnt even meet in town? wasnt very happy about that.

having a bit of a strange day. we're all just kind of hanging about doing much of nothing. i wanted to pop to see my parents but the kids are playing out and seem to be having a lot of fun with their buddies instead. ive been grazing and tired and not in much mood for anything...

had a lovely soak in the bath with lots of strawberry bubbles and a book. that was nice but i think its made me feel a bit lazy as well... what a laid back weekend this has been!

Day 46

EE DAY

Brekky

Banana

Lunch

2 Satsumas
Strawberries
5 mini pickled onions

Dinner

Yellowfin Sole Fillet in lemon and pepper (4.5 syns)
Jacket Potato
Salad of: Spinach, Cherry Toms, cucumber and spring onion
32g Boursin (HEX B)

Snacks

Chilli Sunbites(6 syns)
Value crisps (3.5 syns)

Total Syns: 14

Last edited:
hi karen hope the pain from your arm is getting easier hun:).your bath sounds lovely strawberry bubbles and a good book:D.x

Back