Karens EE Diary

Hi Kasia,

I highly urge you to try malibu. Its quite sweet but theres just something about coconut rum that I lurve! At least your bum is shrinking... mine is being stubborn like my tum lol. xx

Anyways... my day didnt go according to plan at all. We decided to take advantage of a bit of sunshine and had a BBQ at my parents. They have this proper purpose built tiki-hut BBQ area in their garden and it is just lovely so we did that. It meant I was able to SW easily.. although if u see my diary above, a few bits of chocs fell in my mouth lol.

Had a really lovely evening seeing my uncle and spending time with the family :D

Good Morning (Slimming) World!

I have had a cracking sleep, though hubby woke me on his merry way to work (he didnt look too merry about having to go actually). He dont half make a racket when he is doing his own sarnies for work :rolleyes:

Its WI tonight. I will be gutted if I havent shifted the holiday weight i gained. I have faffed some weeks and as a result...i have remained in the 18s for about 9 weeks! before i went away i got to 18 stones exactly so was almost out of the woods... then went and put on 4.5lbs worth of baileys and takeaways :eek:

Anyways... taster night and voting woman of the year tonight too. im looking forward to that! dont know either of the women who are up for it but still... tis exciting :D

Day of 11th Weigh-In

Breakfast

Mullerlight yog
Cuppa tea

Lunch

2 boiled eggs
57g w/m toast
apple

Dinner

wholewheat penne pasta
1/2 tin toms
onion, garlic, green and red chillies

Snacks

250ml SS milk (HEX A)
TASTER NIGHT GOODIES....
Syn-free sausage
mini quiche (2.5 syns)
pasta salad
mini cake thingy (1 syn)
Potato salad
tuna & sweetcorn patty
options hot chocolate (2 syns)
salsa salad

total syns: 5.5

Last edited:
Alright missus.....im sure will have a good chunk of that weight off if not all of it.....you are doing well so keep it up. See you in a while..xx

Karen, good luck with WI, I am pretty sure you will loose all those holiday pounds!!

Malibu and coke, hmm, I will try it next time we are out!

Hi Karen, hope your WI went well...

Hello Kasia, Spanx and Sonya,

i am so happy with my loss. Got my 1.5 stone sticker, cracked into the 17s (finally) and lost 7.5lbs. I am so utterly chuffed :D

the woman of the year and taster evening was really nice. I think they should turn up with yummy food for me to eat every week lol. I ended up doing devilled eggs... was gonna do weetabix cake with it but it was all last minute and i couldnt get sultanas. Was gonna use Capricorns buffalo recipe but I thought making chicken for everyone was quite expensive. so, I will make that for us to eat instead tomorrow :) i ate loads and far too quick... it made my band go all funny and i got sick. ooppps! Still.. I was celebrating lol

Well done Karen - what a great result! :happy096:

And fancy all your SW club bringing party food to celebrate your loss! They must have known! x

LOL. thanks spanx. xxx

Thanks Irene, I was so surprised. I was stood on scales counting loss on my fingers utterly dumbstruck lol. xx

Today is the day! We have the social worker coming about the step-parent adoption tonight :) Hubby is really eager to get it underway properly. We have wanted this for such a long time so heres hoping it all goes smoothly. It only takes someone else objecting to it for things to get messy so we arent counting our chickens too soon. fingers crossed!

sonya is popping in today so that will be nice. Love seeing Hannah - she is adorable :D

Day 1 of Week 12

Breakfast

Banana
Apple

Lunch

Couscous (0.5 syns)
Salad
FF vinegarette
chicken spears
2 x Fibre plus bar (HEX B + 6 syns)

Dinner

extra lean mince
Wholewheat spaghetti
1/3 of 500g jar of dolmio (4.5 syns)
28g cheddar (6 syns)

Snacks

250ml S/S milk (HEX A)

total syns: 17

weekly syns left: 68

Last edited:
thats a fantastic loss Karen well done xx

Well done lovely, sorry I havent been around for a while but I had completely fallen off the wagon, but today is the first day of getting back on track so hope to be on here more where i belong. xx

Good luck hun, I am pretty sure everything will go smoothly tonight!! After checking your menu for today I've decided on home made burgers too :)

hello Jane, Nikki and Kasia xxxx

thanks Jane, hows things going for you? xx Hope the girls are well :)

Hi Nikki, glad you are ok. I hope things are starting to settle for you. I know you've had stuff going on so climb back on the wagon and dont be hard on yourself. xx

Hope you enjoyed your burger kasia. After all that I changed my mind (as often happens with me!) and had spaghetti bolognese instead :rolleyes: as it was the quickest way for me to eat lol xx

So... the social worker visit went really well, hes a nice guy. He will be having another meeting with kevin present only... then 1 with me and then 1 with each of the children alone. these will be on different days. Inbetween all that he will be meeting 3 people that we give as references as a couple - so that will be friends and whatnot... he will also meet my parents and write to kids dads/grandparents asking for their permission & imput. we have to make our application to council, do a CRB each and apply to court and pay £140 per child. So...not a lot to do :p he answered a lot of questions and was very helpful. we're feeling very positive about the whole thing now. so thrilled :D

by the time he left i was sooooooo hungry. Didnt want to have to wait for jacket potato to cook or make SW chips/wedges so i did spag bol instead of burgers. really wanted burgers tho. ah well! spag bol was lush anyways. opted for oodles of cheese as i had the spare syns ;)

all in all its been a good day. kids were driving me a bit batty earlier but im all chilled now. think i was just nervous about pending visit from social worker so im ok now :cool:

Aiming for a 4lb loss this week as that will take me to my CLUB 10!!!!!! yeeeeeehawwwww

mate you are a great help.......thanx for being there for me xx

we musta cross-posted missus. is all about being there for eachother and you do the same for me. xxxx

of course you can! theres just the small matter of a fee..... :D

speaking of fees....all my student finance is sorted...WOOHOO!!!!! what a relief. I got my university welcome pack this morning too so it is all going fabulously. On top of that I got another letter saying i can collect my certificate for my access course now :cool:

My eldest is poorly and has been up most of the night... which means i only got 3 ish hours sleep. Feel exhausted today. he feels worse though, poor thing. full of cold which is really aggrevating his asthma. my tiredness means i have a very easy-to-make menu today...

Day 2 of Week 12

Breakfast

Banana

Lunch

Bacon
57g w/m bread (HEX B)
ketchup (1 syn)

Dinner

EE Chicken, spinach and potato curry

Snacks

250ml S/S milk (HEX A)
fruit salad