Karens EE Diary

dont worry about it... you cannot go by those. now u r gonna be a scale hopper like me lol. x

awh Karen thats a shame that your not feeling all that great ((hugs)) hope you all feel better soon. hope everything went well with your enrollment to uni today, your right about what you said, i studyed for a degree straight after leaving school and i wasnt old enough mentally for it so when i failed my final year exam i didnt even bother to resit- i mean how stupid can you be!!!!

hopefully your scales are playing tricks on you and your be 2lb lighter tomorrow, Sonkie i need to buy some new scales but thats the exact reason why im not, i know my new ones would make me heavier and i dont even go to class so i would just have to put up with being heavier :(

hello jane. thanks for the support and well wishes hun xx enrollment went well. fancy calling yourself stupid... you were smart enough to get through the 3 years in the first place... I just think youth is wasted on the young sometimes (god i sounded old then!)

ya know... i dont mind being a scale hopper at all. it can drive you batty but i dont tend to pay much attention to it to be honest. if i weigh lighter it encourages me to kee going and if i weigh heavier it just makes me try harder so it never has a bad effect. I can shrug it off and just focus on the plan for the most part. I didnt used to be like this though.. i would go all silly and just use any old excuse to stuff my face lol. how are you doing jane? xxx

good morning!

didnt have a great sleep as i kept waking myself up to cough or blow my nose lol. So... feeling a bit tired and rundown but nothing I cannot handle :) I havent got a very busy day so it wont be too bad. Jay is seeing the nurse for his annual asthma review today and I have weigh-in but otherwise i can mope about feeling sorry for myself allll day :D

what'll really happen though is that I will do some laundry and do bits around the house. ho hum! a day in the fast lane :rolleyes:

Looking forward to weigh in. I think i have sts or gained but i know i have been good so its just my body resisting. I am looking at the bigger picture for once and I can and will be much more stubborn than this ruddy fat! Im thinking of christmas and that if i just stay on track I could be in the mid 14 stone range by then. I havent been there for a long time and whilst i will still be 5 stones overweight, i will also be HALF WAY to my target. it is a realistic goal and one i am totally unwaveringly hellbent on getting to. The 2nd half of the journey will be where i focus on going to cyprus in summer 2011. So help me god i am NOT going to be a sweating wreck hiding under long sleeves and shapeless crap that hides my bum/tum/tyres on my first non-family visiting holiday in my adult life! I've only been to ireland and USA so this will be my first sun/beach/villa experience since i was 11. I am absolutely going to get to goal this time and I mean it with such conviction I could burst a blood vessle just thinking about it LOL

so... with that said, todays menu is shaping up as...

Day of 12th WI

Breakfast

grapes
FF onken yogurt

Lunch

Buffalo Pork chop (2 syns)
Salad
wholemeal pitta (HEX B)
Ainsley Harriott cous cous (0.5 syns)
Salad cream (2 syns)

Dinner

Chicken
Spaghetti

Home-made Toms and chilli Pasta Sauce
MORE salad :)

Snacks

Fridge raiders (3 syns)

total syns: 7.5

weekly syns left: 0!

ee plan

hi i am new to this site and am on green and original days but am wondering how ee works cos it seems alien to me if you are eating carbs and proteins together thanks hope you dont mind me asking you cos saw you are doing the ee thanks

Well said Karen! I'm going to remember the phrase about being 'more stubborn than the fat' - I'm as stubborn as they come, so it makes sense to me!!!

Good luck for your WI and I hope you feel better soon! x

Hi MrsHoggie, welcome to minis. I didnt believe EE could work either and spent the first 3 weeks doing red/green days but I much prefer EE. It works and means I dont have to weigh or measure very much food.

All you have to do is have a third of your plate as superfree foods (the foods on the orange list). I try to have just 3 meals per day and make my snacks fruit. The 1/3 superfree foods can be the tinned toms you have in a homemade curry or a piece of fruit you have after a sandwich. it just pads the meal out with lower calories. To make sure it works for me I limit the amount of carbs i have. so i dont weigh my spuds but i do have a smaller portion... same with rice and pasta. I just find it so much easier... I can have proper curries, chilli con carne, pasta dishes etc and not worry about anything else.

EE doesnt work for everyone but loads of people do it very effectively on minis. I felt absolutely sure I would gain weight using EE but I havent, its coming off. I wouldnt go back to reds and greens now as the variety is so much better. Prehaps you could try it for a week or for a few days in the week and see how you like it and if it works for you. whatever you end up using, good luck! Hope to see you start a diary! they really help and keep you on track (and allows us all to be nosy lol). Happy SW-ing xxx

Well said Karen! I'm going to remember the phrase about being 'more stubborn than the fat' - I'm as stubborn as they come, so it makes sense to me!!!

Good luck for your WI and I hope you feel better soon! x

heya spanx xx I had this hypnotherapist who told me to not see the fat as part of me... to see it as a seperate entity. this is because we identify closely and fondly with parts of ourselves and we shouldnt treat fat as part of our being... it'll be harder to mentally part with, thus making it harder to physically part with. so I try to see it as the opposition... something on me but seperate lol. I talk to it as a seperate being and its helping. she also said to not refer to it as 'losing weight' as we are programmed to miss things we lose (keys, people, money...etc) so think of it as 'getting rid of...' PLUS... to not call it weight as it is vague and could refer to any part of us that weighs (such as your head and liver etc lol). call it excess fat or just fat. gosh i know i sound like a loony but it is doing the trick and thats all that counts lol. So, seeing it as seperate, I can choose to be more stubborn that the fat...and can choose to 'get rid of it' and seperate myself from it. I'll be the slimmest one in the funny farm when the men in white coats finally catch up with me :D

hope you feel better soon:).cyprus next year sounds great,every pound gone will help us get there .we can do it . xx

surreygal, you are a lovely encouraging woman - thank you! we certainly can do this and we ruddy well will :D

I just got back from weigh in. sonkie is here having a post-WI coffee so will just announce my 1lb loss and post properly after I have dropped her home with her shopping lol.

well done Karen, Cyprus sounds brill and your 1lb close to feeling great on your hols now xxx

Well done missus....not far to club 10 and 2 stones gone.....keep up the great work, oooooo just realised I didnt look at the tyne tinned food.......damn.....oh well !!!

thank you jane... I know you are having it tough at the moment so thank you for taking the time to drop in and give your support. Will be over to peek on your diary in a mo lol.

So, took my son to the nurse today and he has a chest infection. he is hocked up on loadsa drugs now (16 tabs a day and his pumps) so hopefully he will be fighting fit very soon :) tis very inconsiderate of him to interupt the summer holidays in such a way... :p

well... I dunno if i am brave or crazy but i am going to try to follow success express this week. I am happy with my 1lb loss but would like to hit my club 10 and 2 stone targets. to be hoinest, i eat quite similar to success express as it is so it will only require a few minor adjustments. I was looking forward to a stodgy shepards pie this week so might do that for 1 meal but pad it out with mostly veggies... wish me luck!!

Going to plan my menu now....

Well done missus....not far to club 10 and 2 stones gone.....keep up the great work, oooooo just realised I didnt look at the tyne tinned food.......damn.....oh well !!!

heya missus... sorry, you posted while i was writing mine lol. you not on msn? xx

sooo.... only 8 days until my 2 youngest go back to school. we are still trapped indoors as jay has his chest infection but we are all snuggling for a movie marathon with duvets and meds lol. the first film we are kicking off with has been chosen by aiden (6) and he wants to watch Ice Age 3 AGAIN. Im choosing the next one lol.

so, I start my success express week today. Ive had my breakfast and it was lurverly. I hope I can stand all 7 days as I would love a nice big loss next week. I reckon 5-7lb would have me in the next dress size down... im so close yet so far from getting into all my new trousers and jeans. tis driving me nuts that I cannot do them up yet. I only have 3 pairs of trousers in my current size (after the button flew off my jeans and the bum ripped in another pair... ) but I have 4 pairs of jeans, 2 cropped jeans, 1 combats and 4 dressy/work style trousers in the next size down. neeeeeeeeed to get into them for uni on 20th sept...

my first day is looking like this...

SUCCESS EXPRESS WEEK.

DAY 1 (of week 13)

BREKKY
2/3 SUPER FREE – Strawberries, Pineapple & Grapes
1/3 FREE FOOD – Weight Watchers Pineapple Yogurt

LUNCH

2/3 SUPER FREE – Lettuce, Cherry Toms, Cucumber, Red Onion, shredded red cabbage
1/3 FREE FOOD – Tuna
SYNS – 24g Light Salad Cream (4 syns)
HEX B – Asda Wholemeal Pitta Bread

DINNER

2/3 SUPER FREE – Red Chilli, Red Pepper, Onion, Tinned Tomatoes, Garlic and Spices
1/3 FREE FOOD – Wholewheat Penne Pasta & Diced Chicken Breast
HEX A – 28g Cheese

SNACKS

HEX A – 250ml ‘The One’ milk
HEX B - Dark Choc Fibre Plus Bar
Seabrook Crisps (8 syns)

Total Daily Syns: 12

Weekly Syns left: (started with up to 105) 93

Last edited:
What a shame about your son a chest infection is nasty but hopefully a couple of days with his tablets and he'll be as right as rein.
youll have to tell me all about this success express thing, what with me not going to a class or anything i dont know anything about it but it sounds good if it results in a good weight loss :) hope it works for you and maybe ill give it a try myself if i like the way it sounds lol

hello sonya and jane xx

To the best of my understanding, the success express is just for a boost if needed and is a bit like EE. You get: 2 HEX As, 2 HEX Bs, 5-15 syns and your meals must be 1/3 free foods and 2/3 superfree foods. for the syns, you have to count the highest syns instead of the lowest. so, if you have 2/3 salad, 1/3 jacket spud and you wanted fish fingers with it, you count the fish fingers as their highest syn value, which would be the green syn value. Thats fine though as you still get 2 each of the HEs - im assuming those are the ones only from the orange EE pages in the book (not sure though). I found it dead easy today and really enjoyed it. I think I felt spoilt having the extra healthy extras. I ate exactly as i usually do but had far more onion/peppers/salad and much less pasta/tuna/chicken than i usually would. I feel 8 stones already... :p

Anyways... I am working tomorrow so taking a salad with me. my dad is going to london for the weekend to see my aunt who is visiting from America. She is staying at my brothers for a few days in between visiting her own brothers but isnt here long enough to warrant coming all the way to Devon to see us. So, depending on if I can get the tickets last minute, my daughter may go with my dad. She adores this aunt and my brother (but most of all my brothers wife) so she would LOVE to go. It'll be a big surprise for her but i cannot say anything before the morning as i need to make sure theres space on coach for her. fingers crossed :) Jay will be gutted but he is too poorly and he gets to go camping with kev whereas kirsten hasnt had the chance yet.

Off to plan tomorrows menu and make sure kirstens fav clothes are washed/dried...

oooo... forgot to mention... i am wearing PJ top and shorts that have never fit me before. had them ages but the shorts go like cheese cutting wire and the top doesnt pull down enough so i have never been able to wear them. Only put them on as all my other PJs are in the wash and they fit. coolio! they could do with being a little better fitted but the shorts arent disappearing up my butt and the top is down far enough to reach the top of the shorts... Im happy with that for now :D

getting ready for work... menu first....

SUCCESS EXPRESS WEEK.

DAY 2 (of week 13)

BREKKY
2/3 SUPER FREE – Strawberries, Pineapple & Grapes
1/3 FREE FOOD – Weight Watchers Summer Fruits Yogurt

LUNCH

2/3 SUPER FREE – Lettuce, Cherry Toms, Cucumber, Red Onion and pickled onion
1/3 FREE FOOD – Slice of ham
SYNS – 12g Light Salad Cream (2 syns)
HEX B – 57g wholemeal bread

HEX A - 28g cheese

DINNER

2/3 SUPER FREE – Carrots, Greenbeans, Mushrooms, Red Chilli, green Pepper, Onion, Tinned Tomatoes, Garlic and Spices
1/3 FREE FOOD – Lean Steak

SNACKS

HEX A – 250ml ‘The One’ milk
HEX B - Dark Choc Fibre Plus Bar
Seabrook Crisips (8 syns)

Total Daily Syns: 10

Weekly Syns left: (started with up to 105) 83

Back