Karla's Diary 2014

Come on Karla you can do this, It's nice when you feel like you have had a proper meal, I had that feeling last night(Shepherds Pie) and tonight (Spag Bol)

Good that the pack has satisfied you tonight. Why don't you try to delay getting on the scales till your week is complete. That way you will be in for a nice surprise.

Yep I think you're right, I'm going to leave weighing until next week and I've complete the full 7 days.

New positive mental attitude (PMA) today :) it's Friday which is always a great day, weekend coming up so things will be much easier at home. Less temptation than at work and less stress which pushes me to food.

Have a great day all x

Love the positive mental attitude. Why not list a few mini goals that are close? I have done that to stop me focussing on the long game. I look forward to losing 3lb to take me to normal weight and not overweight according to BMI, for example :)

Have a great day x

Good idea Minnie, listed some goals now :)

Helps to stop focusing on the long haul and just take it day by day x

Good list of goals there Karla, all achievable. Almost another day done

It really does doesn't it. We will have achieved them all before we know it. Have a great day x

Onto day 5 and things are going well :) ordered the drink flavours yesterday and they arrived this morning. The blackcurrant is lovely and I'm just sitting down to a cup of caramel coffee....

Having variety to drink makes a massive difference to me as I have always got a drink in hand whether that's squash/water/tea/coffee/diet coke I don't think I'm ever without one... don't mind black tea but it's not great so this is a fab solution. Happy drinking bunny this morning :) :)

I'm going to try an apple and cinnamon porridge in a bit and see what that's like.

I have a 40th party to go to tonight and there will be a buffet so I'm trying to plan my meals so that I'm not hungry all evening. Porridge late morning, Shepherds pie late afternoon and I'm going to take a bar with me. Fingers crossed that will keep temptation at bay!

Hope you have a good day all xx

Hope ur winning Karla :) I so want to spell ur name with a C!!!

Haha most people do!! My dad's fault, he decided he wanted me to be different.... when people ask my name I always have to say Karla with a K!

I'm the same, always got a drink in hand! Really missing coffee though but couldn't drink it black, what have you got? x

I'm the same, always got a drink in hand! Really missing coffee though but couldn't drink it black, what have you got? x

I brought the multi pack of drink mixes - blackcurrant, peach & orange. Both the black currant & peach ones are lovely, not tried the orange yet. I absolutely hate fizzy water but with the drink flavourings in it makes it quite nice. I normally drink white coffee and I'm addicted to Costa coffee caramel latte's so I brought the caramel coffee and even though it would be nicer with a shot of milk it's pretty good black - with a sweetener added ;)

I had the apple porridge this morning and I added a sweetener to that too and it was pretty good. I've just made a muffin with the chocolate shake and that was brilliant, will probably do that with all the choc shakes I have as don't like them either hot or cold as drinks!

Off out this evening to a party so I have my bar ready to take :)

Karla, does the caramel coffee have any after taste to it or is it the same as normal coffee? Cant drink black tea but getting a bit fed up with plain coffee.
Hope you have a lovely time at the party. I usually take a bar with me when on a night out, it does help. Have fun x

Hi Karla. Just read through your diary. You're doing well and I'm sure you'll lose at least 20lb by the time you go to Italy. Hope you're enjoying your night out!

Thanks Karla! I have all the water flavourings (yummy) but wish I could enjoy black coffee. Unfortunately I don't lol. Have a great day x

Hi Karla. How did the party go?

Morning ladies :) Party went well thanks. I drove so didn't have to explain why I was drinking water and Mark ate before we went out so he didn't go to the buffet either which meant neither of us ate rather than me sat there like a lemon while he stuffed his face ;) I didn't even eat my bar - just had half of it when we got home. Going to have the other half as a treat this morning.

Susie the caramel coffee is great, just like regular coffee but with a sweeter taste to it - much nicer coffee than the likes of nescafe but it's no carte noir or costa. I normally have milk & one sweetener in coffee so I still have to add a sweetener even though this has the caramel flavour.

TH - the muffins are dead easy. Empty your shake contents into a ramakin size bowl, add 2 tablespoons of boiling water and mix until all the shake is blended and you're left with a batter mix - quite dry & sticky - then put it in the microwave for 1 mins - 1min 10sec. It's not as light and fluffy as a regular muffin but it still feels like you're eating a cake rather than a shake ;)

Hope everyone else is having a great weekend xxx

[QUOTE=Karla;6968005

Susie the caramel coffee is great, just like regular coffee but with a sweeter taste to it - much nicer coffee than the likes of nescafe but it's no carte noir or costa. I normally have milk & one sweetener in coffee so I still have to add a sweetener even though this has the caramel flavour.

Thanks Karla, I will order some with the curry too. Happy to hear the party went well. I think once we prove to ourselves that we keep things under control on evenings out it makes being on this diet more bearable. Great that Mark was so supportive to you x

Try to stay away from those scales. I know how tempting it is (I call it the weigh in itch) but seriously, it can be soul destroying. Keep focused hun and persevere. It will be worth it x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back