Karla's Diary 2014

Got on the scales a day early....felt untidy having weigh day on a Tuesday.

So 7lb loss for me his week, which was slightly disappointing when I first looked at it but on reflection half a stone in a week is pretty darn good so I'm happy enough ;)

Back to struggling through the week though :( I can't seem to work out the best way of having my shakes through the day. It's really hard to make them up at work so I was having one on the way which is between 7.30-8am and then taking a bar for lunch. But, I just seem to be hungry all the time and struggle to resist the food that's always about....

Ah well, I'll figure it I'm sure.

Have a good week all xx

Morning Karla I wish i Could offer advice on that but I'm currently trying to figure it out myself. I feel the same with hunger and temptation etc, constant battle. But I know it's worth it, we will get there! Today I'm trying 2pm - 4pm - 6pm. Have a great day x

Wow Minnie, I really couldn't make it until 2pm before having anything I think I'd go nuts :eek: Totally admire your strength of will!

I decided to make a mousse with a strawberry shake this morning and take that into work with me. I also brought a jelly which I had when I first arrived, had the mousse about half an hour ago and now I'm twitching already!! I AM NOT HUNGRY!!!

I know the problem is that everyone around me is eating (sandwich lady has just been) but there is no escape from it as I can't get up and walk away... Decided to concentrate on writting a post on here to take my mind off it lol.

I have a 2l bottle of water next to me which I'm half way through so that's helping some.

Maybe a need a more exciting job lol.... athough I'm super busy all the time it's so easy to gt destracted as it's fairly boring mundane work. Food was always my way of passing the time, no wonder I've put on 3 stone since I started here :eek:

Hi Karla. How did the rest of your day go? I struggle with long days at work too. Today I had a vanilla shake mixed with 2 espresso coffees at 6.30pm, a double chocolate bar at 2.30pm (by which time I was starving) and a mushroom risotto (I really dislike these) at 8.30pm. Hopefully that's it!

Well done on your loss Karla 7lb is great. Have you tried dividing the packs in half.

Great loss chick :)

As for spacing out...

Can you try halving sachets and bars? That's what I've started doing so I'm eating six times a day. When you eat a bar, cut it up into tiny cubes and eat one at a time, having a little break in between each cube. I read somewhere that it takes 15 minutes of eating to feel 'full' I chop my bar up in evening ;-)

Good luck mrs! X

Splitting the packs is a great way to space the eating out. Have a great day Karla x

Seriously busy day at work yesterday I didn't have time to think about dieting which was great... breezed through the day like everything was normal, wish I could feel like that everyday!

Shake for breakfast and a bar for lunch then I had the shepherds pie for dinner which was really nice - added a bit of Worcester sauce just to liven it up a bit and really enjoyed it thankfully.... especially as Mark sat next to me and ate his dinner of pasty, chips and beans and I didn't feel like I was missing out :)

Day 8 today, 7lb lighter than I was at the start and feeling great -looking forward to hitting that first stone.

How's everyone else doing?

Well done on being half a stone lighter already! You're doing great Karla have another good day x

Sounds like you've got your mojo on at the moment Karla. Well done on resisting while Marks tucking into he's dinner & not feeling like missing out is half the battle. Hope today goes just as well x

Thank you ladies :)

Onto day 9 today and still 100% TS :) The day times seem to be getting easier so that's a big relief. I'm either making a mousse in the morning and taking that into work or making a shake up and drinking that on the way into work. I find I wake up really hungry every morning so I find it works to have the first meal early. I then split a bar into 3 and have those at intervals during the day - last bit about 2.30/3pm. Dinner is then around 7pm-ish and that's me done for the evening :)

I've found mixing the drink mixes with boiling water makes really lovely hot drinks and they are really helpful when I just fancy something sweet.

The shepherds pie was lovely the other night so I need to buy a few more of those as it's nice to have a break from the soups sometimes.

My wedding ring is starting to become looser on my finger so I'm really hoping it won't be long before I can get my engagement ring back on - I hate not wearing it :(

Is anyone else suffering with dry skin? My hands are really dry & sore at the moment and wondered if it was to do with the diet or weather it's more to do with the weather :confused:

Great loss, Karla!

Well done for not having anything at the party - your will power inspires me:) I'm sure you'll lose those extra pounds in no time.
Thanks for the tip regarding the muffin, I'll definitely try it myself.

Shepards Pie is my favourite meal, but also like the other ones as well (Spag Bol, Pasta Carb, Red Chilli Bean); couldn't stay without them.

I usually have dry skin, especially my hands, but didn't notice any difference since starting the diet.

Good luck and keep going the same way! :clap:

Great to read that things are falling into a nice routine Karla. It definitely does help keep us on track.
Couldn't make up my mind whether I liked the shepherds pie so will have another taste tonight before I order any more packs.
I cant say that I have noticed my skin getting dryer, a lot of people say their skin actually feels softer because of all the water they have drank so most likely the weather. Hope today goes well x

Well done on your first week loss!

Sounds like you are well into the swing of it now :)

Well done Karla, going strong! Pleased the ring is feeling loose, it's those moments that bring a triumphant smile :) x

Well done on your first week's loss hun! You're doing great :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi Karla, how was your day. I agree the sheppherds pie is lovely. It has now moved up to the number one position on my list x

Back