Kate's Diary...A New Me!!!

Kate, that is brilliant! I thought that you were planning on staying blissfully ignorant? anyway I think the fact that you've only put a lb on is a major achievement.....so now get back on 100% and let's see lots of :D:D:D next week x

Sandra ur such an amazing support...please be there to help me when it all goes belly up for me???? I need to get a support network ready in advance coz im the same i get really ambitious in the begining and halfway through i lose it x well done k for keepung going and not giving in xxx

Cham you can do this but i have to be totally honest now. Sandra has sort of become my shadow on this thankfully and if it wasn't for her then i would have given up ages ago.
She helps everyone on here and is the one who will give a good kick up the backside where needed and so much praise it makes you feel like you can achieve it.
Since i opened up on here and told the truth about what i am doing it seems like only a few people even answer me now. It's like because i'm not able to happily do this 100% that i am not worth bothering with.
I still give others praise and encouragement though and if you want support i will happily keep checking in with you and we can help each other.
I've still achieved more on this diet than i ever have on any other :) x

Sandra, i thought it was best to know my weight. If i hadn't asked i would still have my head on the ground thinking i had gained 6/7 lbs so i am really glad i was brave lol xx

Well i certainly think ur worth bothering with! We all have our downfalls and thats when we need each other the most. Im so glad that Sandra helped u to continue and a 1lb gain is a massive poo thats all. Easily expelled! Lol hope to keep chatting/supporting each other thro this :)

Hi Kate, i know exactly how you feel. I too have had very little replies in the recent days.... i have no idea why.
Anyway, dont get disheartened, do it for you and you will get results. But i do agree, it helps when you have people to chat to on here!!
How has your last few days been, are you back at 100% now?

Hi Katie,
Well done, you have had a great start to this.
Totally out of nowhere today i am now full of flu. My throat is so sore and my eyes are stinging but the real good side to it is that it's totally killed my appetite lol.
I am my own worst enemy on this diet. If only i could brave out the first 4/5 days and get to ketosis it would be so much easier.
I had a couple slices of chicken last night as i've been told to do that if i have to rather than my usual of toast or a sandwich!!!
I am really trying to stay 100% on this and i will keep trying.

Keep up the good work and we can help each other along. I love your profile pic on here, made me chuckle.
That will be your reward for hitting your goal weight :) x

Ah thanks for your kind words guys I'm really touched! I'm just a nosey cow really and, being quite a bit older than most of you therefore also a lot wiser (I wish:D) sometimes it's bleeding obvious where you're going wrong! Anyway, a couple of people on here, Daisy, Su and Emma, helped me when I started out so I think it's only fair to carry it on. It worked for me......

I'm afraid that I don't think that I'm going to be on here so much for much longer.......I've hopefully got a couple of job offers on the table so am going to resume my career. I've had nearly two years off with ill health and operations but I'm feeling great now and so it's time to earn some money again so that I can pursue my shoe habit!

In the meantime, anyone who wants extra kicks up the ar8e has only to pm me and I'll be happy to use my size 4's to good effect!

Sandra, i thought it was best to know my weight. If i hadn't asked i would still have my head on the ground thinking i had gained 6/7 lbs so i am really glad i was brave lol xx[/QUOTE]

Which is why I stand on the scales nearly every day but particularly on a Monday cos I reckon that it's better to know .....it's not always bad news! I've never had a serious weight problem for long but when it has started getting out of hand it's always been because I abandoned the scales altogether and live in (not so) blissful oblivion! Well done for having the courage to do so:D x

Good luck with the job Sandra but you are going to have to incorporate your disciples into it! Your employer should be made aware you have a few extra curricular commitments you will extra breaks for!!! I'm really disappointing myself at the moment and need your size fours more than ever at the moment, hmmmm wonder how we make this into a paid job for you ......x and I hope everyone is having a good day x

I agree with Lola! Dont go??? :) :) but lots of hugs for your career getting going again!

Hey I'm not gone yet!

As I will pretty much be the boss (Deputy MD when the MD is away.......I may be able to sneak peeks at my phone:D will have to set an example tho....

I've thought about doing this for living actually, I looked into acquiring a Lighter Life franchise a few months back but it was well over £10k and wouldn't make me anything like I can earn in the real world......plus it's a bit expensive for those doing it too and in these hard-up times I wasn't sure that I could make a go of it:( I didn't think that it was fair that I go away so much either and don't have t'internet in France!

Sandra, good luck starting your new career!!! Like everyone has said, you seem to help everyone :)

Kate, lol at the picture, that was taken in the UK in january which i was horrified at (lets just say that one didnt make an appearence on facebook lol) although i had already lost about 5lb when it was taken by eating healthy and going to the gym. Then when i returned from the uk i had strep throat for 2 weeks and found it hard to eat so lost another half stone. Then i started LT, so i guess i was around 2 st heavier when that pic was taken. And yes, that will be my reward. I cant believe its been almost 3 weeks since ive had a drink, but ive not missed it though... i have missed the coke and 7up though!!

Bummer about the flu eh? Well tuck yourself up in bed with plenty of water and sweat it out and i'll bet you lose over the next few days!!! And yes, ive heard chicken is the lesser of lots of evils but as sandra said to me about 2 weeks ago its a downward spiral!!! Try to stay strong and you will get back on the wagon!!!!
Good luck and get well soon!!!!

Sunday March 13th
I just don't get this at all. Been out shopping today with the family and my OH told me to treat myself to a couple new skirts which i did.
Having lost 37 lbs i got one that was the next size down from what i was buying before the diet and the other one was 2 sizes down.
Now, i fully expected the 2 sizes down one to not fit just yet but the one that is only the next size down is a bit tight and now folded up in the wardrobe with all my other skirts that are too tight.
How much blooming weight do i have to lose to drop to the next size down.
Totally fed up now :(

Dont get disheartened my lovely as all clothes shops tend to vary a bit in their sizings, 37lb is a lot to lose and thats nothing to get down about! I understand your frustration but don't take it personally, you must look a lot different.

Kate, dont worry too much, you will soon fit into those skirts!!!! I too havnt dropped a size yet either, although ive not lost nearly as much as you but it will come eventually and you may even find you drop them quickly!!! Try that skirt on every week and you will feel it getting looser :)

Well, got through the weekend and been 100% and even cooking a lovely roast dinner for my lot last night didn't trigger anything remotely close to making me head to the kitchen.
Been out for a very long walk this morning and will shortly be going to collect kids from school and leaving the car in the garage here.
Hope everyone is having a good day :) xx

:) :) :) :)

Good to hear Kate, well done xxxxx

Back