Kath's Diary

Just wanted to add on my diary (I've been neglecting it) that I've been feeling absolutely rotten - I have an horrific sore throat and can't take anything for it on this diet can we so it's killing me. I've got an aching body and a cold. A strange lump has appeared on my lip and it's not a coldsore but it's hard and painful and I have what appears to be a huge painful boil on my thigh :eek: I've looked it up and it says they can be caused to a low immune system - I'm wondering whether I need some extra vits as I'm feeling really run down which is most unlike me.

I haven't even been well enough to go to the gym and that's disheartening.

I've stuck to SS'ing 100% but I have to say it's much harder when I'm not feeling myself - it's the comfort thing isn't it....

Anyway, feeling sorry for myself at the mo but my weigh in tonight definitely perked me up :)

No doubt I'll be feeling awful again in the morning!

Hope everyone else is ok.

Kath xx

hI kATH
:(
((((((((((BIG HUGS))))))))) FOR YOU XX
i KNOW WHEN i HAD A COLD ON ss IT WENT QUICK SO YOU MAY HAVE A VIRUS GO TO THE DOCS ???YOU MAY NEED ANTIBIOTICS?
cHiN uP hUn 4 STONE THATS AMAZING IN 2 MONTHS :D
xxc

hI kATH
:(
((((((((((BIG HUGS))))))))) FOR YOU XX
i KNOW WHEN i HAD A COLD ON ss IT WENT QUICK SO YOU MAY HAVE A VIRUS GO TO THE DOCS ???YOU MAY NEED ANTIBIOTICS?
cHiN uP hUn 4 STONE THATS AMAZING IN 2 MONTHS :D
xxc

Thank you :)

I've booked in the docs for tomorrow so I'll get them to take a look. I've just been to the chemist and bought some covonia throat spray - it gave the most fantastic relief for about 10 seconds :rolleyes:

I think it is to do with your immune system being low,they say we get all the vits we need though?I have noticed my hairs falling out :eek: .. I love VLCD but it does worry me that this can happen.I have a bad sore throat today :( I just really dont want to be ill for Sunday and the party!
Let me know how you get on at the docs
XXC

I think it is to do with your immune system being low,they say we get all the vits we need though?I have noticed my hairs falling out :eek: .. I love VLCD but it does worry me that this can happen.I have a bad sore throat today :( I just really dont want to be ill for Sunday and the party!
Let me know how you get on at the docs
XXC

I'm convinced my immune system is low - they say you get all the RDA of vits, but would someone who is overweight need more vits I wonder.....

Oh no, is your hair noticeable? I'm convinced mine is thinner at the roots now, I keep thinking I can see more scalp and am going bald :eek: I will be mortified if my hair falls out it is my best feature.

Hope you're sore throat goes away quickly! Can you take stuff for it on CD?

I'm convinced my immune system is low - they say you get all the RDA of vits, but would someone who is overweight need more vits I wonder.....

Oh no, is your hair noticeable? I'm convinced mine is thinner at the roots now, I keep thinking I can see more scalp and am going bald :eek: I will be mortified if my hair falls out it is my best feature.

Hope you're sore throat goes away quickly! Can you take stuff for it on CD?

Im not sure if you need more vits if your a bit bigger?I think its odd on LL that a 6ft 25 stone man has the same packs as a 12 stone 5ft women???? I think your doc will say the diets not good as alot seem to blame it as they dont really want to understand it.Maybe ask your LL counsellor phone her or wmail her as youve had it a good while now?
My hair nan its not real bad just when I was it I notice more comes out Im off to the hairdressers Friday 9.30am for a restyle and colour :eek: Im not keen on hairdressers and Ive been real blonde for 7 years and Im going choclate brown with beach blonde slices :D my christmas press from OH .

You can take stuff on CD for colds the same as LL I will take parocitamol if it gets worse I feel bit sick too so maybe a bug?
XXC

Im not sure if you need more vits if your a bit bigger?I think its odd on LL that a 6ft 25 stone man has the same packs as a 12 stone 5ft women???? I think your doc will say the diets not good as alot seem to blame it as they dont really want to understand it.Maybe ask your LL counsellor phone her or wmail her as youve had it a good while now?
My hair nan its not real bad just when I was it I notice more comes out Im off to the hairdressers Friday 9.30am for a restyle and colour :eek: Im not keen on hairdressers and Ive been real blonde for 7 years and Im going choclate brown with beach blonde slices :D my christmas press from OH .

You can take stuff on CD for colds the same as LL I will take parocitamol if it gets worse I feel bit sick too so maybe a bug?
XXC

No it's mad isn't it - I think someone bigger should have more packs at first.

Ooh your new hairstyle sounds like it's going to be loverly! Chocolate brown is a lovely colour, I'm a brunette but my hair has naturally faded and not as dark as it used to be but occasionally I dye it dark brown again and I love it when it's darker. I hate hairdressers too - luckily my friend has bought a salon so I go there, I still have to pay but at least i feel comfortable in there.

Oh no, sounds like a bug if you feel sick too - eek, hope it goes quickly for you.

Kxx

Just back from weigh in, another 5lb off this week and I'm really pleased :)

I'm so proud of myself for abstaining for so long :)

Well done you x x x x

Bit of a downer

Well I'm back from my weigh in and I've lost 3 and a half pound this week. Week 12. I'm strangely dissapointed :( It is the least I've ever lost in a week. I know some people would be really pleased with this amount but for me I just feel a bit sort of hmm let down and I don't know why.

Also, having informed my LLC that I am going to eat over Christmas as I am in Austria and I want to be 'normal' for a week. Just like a normal person on holiday with my family. My LLC thinks this is a bad idea and she has told me to start eating now in the build up, 8 oz of cottage cheese in replacement of a pack.

I had made the adult decision to eat. I've come a long way but have an even longer way to go but I've been SOOOOOOOOOO focused, not once have I lapsed and I'm in week 12, I haven't even been close to lapsing really as I'm so determined. This normal week is really important and I KNOW I have the determination to get straight back to it when we come back. I AM going to get to a healthy BMI next year without a doubt, I will do it.

So why do I feel guilty for making the decision to have a week off and breaking the rules. I do so hate breaking the rules. I think I was looking for her permission, hoping she'd understand why I was taking the week off and believe that I will get straight back to it. Instead I'm left feeling guilty and it's a horrible feeling :(

Back from my last weigh in before Christmas and I'm 3/4 of a pound off losing 5 stone in 12 and a half weeks.

Feeling great :)

Been eating my 8oz of cottage cheese and it's a LOT of cottage cheese - turns out that was wrong and we think it should've been 4 oz. Ho hum.

Happy New Year :)

Well I went on holiday over new year, a week in Austria - I ate and drank far too much in that 'holiday mode' - felt absolutely bloated by the end of it and was looking forward to getting back and going on SS again to shift the weight gain. I could feel I had put loads of weight on, my new size 18 coat that I'd shrunk into was far too tight and I was squeezing myself into it.

So I got back on Wednesday afternoon and went out with the girls the same day I got back and we all had a drink and a take away (something we haven't done since I started in October) and I said I would get straight back on diet the next day (Thursday).

I woke up Thursday morning and started straight away - really pleased with myself :) I weighed myself Thursday and I had put on 1 stone :eek: in a week - not suprised to be honest.

Thankfully hubby has gone back on SS'ing too - he had put 12lb on over holiday and started back on it with me - he even threw away a fresh loaf of crusty bread on Thursday morning and bit the bullet to get on track.

So anyway, we weighed ourselves on Sunday and I have lost 11 and a half pound and hubby has lost 10 - brilliant! I'm only 2 and a half pound off what I was before Christmas. Really pleased with that.

Just have to see what my LLC's scales say tonight - fingers crossed :)

My clothes fit properly again so that's a relief, can't wait to move down some more sizes!

Well my weigh in last night showed no changed from my weigh in on 23rd December - I'm pleased with that considering I ate for a whole week and boy did I eat! So I put a stone on one week and lost a stone in less than a week :)

I'm just half way now so I am really looking forward to next week having less to lose than I've already lost - it'll be the lightest I've been since I got pregnant with the monkey nearly 6 years ago.

My aim is to be slim for Glastonbury - every year my ace mate and me say we'll be thin for Glasto but it never happens. This year it WILL happen - we will both be slim as my friend starts LL tomorrow and I can't wait for us to be skinny birds :D

Our weigh in day has changed to Wednesday so I have an extra day to lose weight this week ;) Hoping for a good loss.

Hubby has weighed himself this morning and he is half a pound off losing a stone in less than a week too which is brilliant, especially since he only put 12 pound on - he's lost more than he's gained, how fantastic!

I have to admit to a strange liking of SS'ing - it's so uncomplicated. I don't have to think about what to eat - just mix up my pack. I felt so bloated and heavy when I was eating on holiday and missed the ss buzz - does anyone else get this I wonder?

I must set myself a challenge - maybe I'll go and find the latest challenge thread....

Ah just noticed I had said I'd set a challenge then forgot - really must find the challenge thread now!

Well my weigh in this week was 6 and a half pound loss, I'm really really pleased with that especially as it's totm for me too :)

I've got to have my medical at the end of Feb and I really need to be overweight and not obese - I've got one stone 5 and a half pounds to go until I'm overweight so I'm really hoping I can make that in 5 weeks - eek bit of a tough challenge!

One I'm a bit scared of too - I don't like to be dissapointed so I usually like to aim low so if I acheive it great if I exceed it, then that's a bonus.....hmmmm......

Well week 15 and I've lost nearly 5 and a half stone, hard to believe - I have to keep looking at my photos and I'm amazed!

My husband has lost 5 and a half pound this week, fantastic! He's now only 13 pounds away from having a healthy BMI, absolutely amazing - I wish I was so close to mine!

My BMI has gone from 44 to 32.7 in that short time. I know that's still obese but 32 looks way better than 44 - I was morbidly obese then :( but I'll never be again :)

Kath
Well done for getting back on track - it is never easy, once you have tasted the food and drank again. I've been struggling for a year.

Keep going and you will get to your goal in no time. Also good for you that your husband is doing it too, it helps to motivate each other.

Take care.

Saksred.x

Kath
Well done for getting back on track - it is never easy, once you have tasted the food and drank again. I've been struggling for a year.

Keep going and you will get to your goal in no time. Also good for you that your husband is doing it too, it helps to motivate each other.

Take care.

Saksred.x

Thank you :)

I really thought I was going to struggle going back to SS'ing but I ate so much food on holiday I was glad to be away from it. It was making me feel miserable. I think the key was that I planned it - I planned to eat for a week, I would eat what I felt I wanted and then after my week was over I planned to go straight back into it.

I think that made it easier to get straight back on track, for me anyway.

Plus the fact I'm paying £66 a week so the quicker I get to goal the quicker I can stop paying that :D

How are you doing? Are you back on track now?

No

I lost 5.5 st in 05/06 on LL, and felt absolutely great. A stressful job and no time to keep exercising and laziness then quickly set in and have piled on 3 stone since July last year. Feeling terribly miserable like you said and keep eating just for the sake of it.

However am starting CD on Monday 22nd, and its all up from there, although I have a family funeral that week,so am really determined to pull through, and if I can get through that I can get through anything. Also I have booked a colonic Irrigation for Sat 27th to see me through - pardon the pun.

I have started a diary on a before during and after, so I will keep you posted.

Take Care

Saksred.x

No

I lost 5.5 st in 05/06 on LL, and felt absolutely great. A stressful job and no time to keep exercising and laziness then quickly set in and have piled on 3 stone since July last year. Feeling terribly miserable like you said and keep eating just for the sake of it.

However am starting CD on Monday 22nd, and its all up from there, although I have a family funeral that week,so am really determined to pull through, and if I can get through that I can get through anything. Also I have booked a colonic Irrigation for Sat 27th to see me through - pardon the pun.

I have started a diary on a before during and after, so I will keep you posted.

Take Care

Saksred.x

So Monday the 22nd is the start of your new life - you can do it, you've done it before - remember that feeling of how well you did and do it again. I will keep an eye on your thread and help encourage you :)

You can get through the funeral - tell yourself you will and it'll be fine.

Kath xx

Hiya m8!!!!!!!!!

So sorry long time no 'speak'!!!!

Just been catching up with ur thread and u've done amazingly well - well done hun, u're doing great guns!!!!!!
I know what u mean about the "ssing buzz" - can't weight to get that glow again!!!!!

Much love, chelle xx

Hey Chelle :)

Nice to hear from you! How you doing chick? I must find your thread!

Kath xxx

Back