Katiebaby- back to Slim and save for the last leg of my journey

Katie hope the day is and easy one for you. I know it can either be relatively painfree to start again or just awful! It will hopefully be he former! In the past I found I usually was releived to do day 1 as it was a fast after a blow out! Poor stomach needed a rest!

Ah happy birthday for thursday sis and gd luck today u will be fine and that gained weight will be off in no time!!!

bettiesrevenge said:
Happy birthday!

You will be fine today. It's inevitable that we have a little blow out occasionally. That water will be gone in no time!

I hope so i have put on all I lost sat week so it's just water weight but it's depressing lol

Kira said:
Katie hope the day is and easy one for you. I know it can either be relatively painfree to start again or just awful! It will hopefully be he former! In the past I found I usually was releived to do day 1 as it was a fast after a blow out! Poor stomach needed a rest!

Mine Definately needs a rest it's sick of cakes lol

ayshaahmad said:
Ah happy birthday for thursday sis and gd luck today u will be fine and that gained weight will be off in no time!!!

Thanks Hun I hope so x

Kira said:
Hi Katie how are you doing?x

Hi Kira :) I did very badly the birthday weekend and gained that same flipping 7lb I keep gaining and losing... Had a wobbly week this week restarting but since Monday the scales showing 4lb loss... Yesterday I did the same old trick of being so stressed and upset with work that I ate 2 mini mars and a couple of chocolate eclairs! Boo hoo! But not going to let it get to me... I'm not feeling the best today so maybe that answers why I have been desperate for comfort foods... I will keep on trekking and get below the dreaded 13st 9 when I get there!!

How are u?

Hi Katie, I'm sorry to hear you have struggled. Sigh! It is so hard to do vlcd after any kind of break and many of us (and very much me!) find it extremely difficult to stick to 100% again. I feel for you as I am struggling to sustain doing vlcd alone and have started introducing food now but it is still difficult to change those old habits. Lily posted on a thread can't remember which one that she was finding evenings difficult so she was going to have two vlcd products and a meal in the evening. Maybe rather than keep struggling to do vlcd alone you could either add more protein like chicken etc or drop a product and have have your meal split into two smaller meals? Keeping carbs to a minimum as you would then stay in ketosis which may help with shedding more weight than if carbs were included. Just and idea because so don't want you to spend the next few weeks (like I have spent the past few months (and the two years before) on and off vlcd trying to lose but not really getting far other than demoralising myself and wasting money on the products and feeling miserable. Remember we can still have certain foods including mini mars and lose weight. Ok a lot easier said than done. But you have come such a long way I want so much to see you reach your goal. If it means tweaking SnS that's fine. The main thing is overall you haven't gained and you know that is an achievement in itself. Something we haven't done in the past! So that is a positive. x ps I am introducing food but I am finding it scary as I want to keep losing to get to target but I know my BMI is below 25 and I shouldn't be doing vlcd alone.

Kira said:
Hi Katie, I'm sorry to hear you have struggled. Sigh! It is so hard to do vlcd after any kind of break and many of us (and very much me!) find it extremely difficult to stick to 100% again. I feel for you as I am struggling to sustain doing vlcd alone and have started introducing food now but it is still difficult to change those old habits. Lily posted on a thread can't remember which one that she was finding evenings difficult so she was going to have two vlcd products and a meal in the evening. Maybe rather than keep struggling to do vlcd alone you could either add more protein like chicken etc or drop a product and have have your meal split into two smaller meals? Keeping carbs to a minimum as you would then stay in ketosis which may help with shedding more weight than if carbs were included. Just and idea because so don't want you to spend the next few weeks (like I have spent the past few months (and the two years before) on and off vlcd trying to lose but not really getting far other than demoralising myself and wasting money on the products and feeling miserable. Remember we can still have certain foods including mini mars and lose weight. Ok a lot easier said than done. But you have come such a long way I want so much to see you reach your goal. If it means tweaking SnS that's fine. The main thing is overall you haven't gained and you know that is an achievement in itself. Something we haven't done in the past! So that is a positive. x ps I am introducing food but I am finding it scary as I want to keep losing to get to target but I know my BMI is below 25 and I shouldn't be doing vlcd alone.

Thank Hun. I need to find a routine and way forward that suits me... I have lost 5lb of the 7lb gained which is fab I feel better for it, I am coming down with something as I am so cold and feeling icky.... Just want to drink and eat rubbish (but I'm not) I am joining the gym when I get paid next week with a friend from work I loved going there and have been plain lazy since I got back from turkey.

Kira said:
KAtie missing you! How are you?

Hi :) I'm doing ok .... Just so busy and stressed out with work I don't seem to do anything but work and sleep... Thank goodness today is Friday.

Haven't had a bad week this week... I am hoping for at least 2lb off but we will see Sunday,

How are you? X

Being busy can be a double edged sword can't it?! Great diet wise as no time to think about food! Gotta look at the bright side! Glad you're well. I've been I'll with a stomach bug and fabulous for the weightloss but not a method I would recommend or have by choice! I feel bleurgh! All over!

I have decided I am going to start checking in daily I know I have said this before but I have my iPhone back which means minimins app :)

Today I will class as day 1, I am a daily weigher always have been many people disagree but it helps me. I notice when I'm not on track I don't weigh. As of this morning I am 13st 11.6, 2 weeks ago I was 14st 3lb so I haven't done too bad.

As I have said I have had the worst week at work so stressful And I have finally realised this is my main trigger... Had a delivery of bars and wafers at work yesterday and ordered 3 Atkins bars as extras and it got so bad yesterday I started crying in front of my supervisor bless him be didn't know what to do lol but the. I went and ate all 3 Atkins bars :/ I had a bad tummy all day so it serves me right.

Woke up early today feeling like I have had a knife put down my throat and ripped out its so sore... Managed a wafer though and a couple of cuppas.

Lunch will me mushrooms and leeks cooked in cottage pie, then I have 2 packs left :) working in the kebab shop later which should be ok ill take my last pack with me.

Does anyone have any tips on controlling the want to eat urges when I'm stressed???

Katie you've done well as you haven't gained so that's a positive. In terms of stress or when you get that overwhelming feeling of wanting needing food I tried the following and both helped me. I chewed gum (can trigger for some hunger but not me) and I kept a small box of chopped up celery that I munched on and that saved me during those times when my hands and mouth and stomach seemed to be one step ahead of my stomach. If celery doesn't work try cucumber without skin. I scooped out the middle bit (like they do in waitrose salad) so it was chunky and I also had a bag of pre washed salad that if I really got the munchies I would just eat!! Oh! and green beans I ate raw too but not sure you are supposed to! Anyway, they worked for me in addition having a zero coke also took the edge off. Any of these shouldn't affect your weightlosses really but mentally you have NOT got to think of these tactics as a cheat otherwise it will lead to eating more food and thus upping the calories and before you know it something carby or calorific. I hope that helps a little? And makes sense? Do take a mouth wash to gargle for your throat or hot salty water can keep sore throats at bay. If it really gets bad have a strepsil and don't freak about this knocking your out of ketosis or gaining weight. It really won't, again I have done that in the past and it didn't affect losses. x

Kira said:
Katie you've done well as you haven't gained so that's a positive. In terms of stress or when you get that overwhelming feeling of wanting needing food I tried the following and both helped me. I chewed gum (can trigger for some hunger but not me) and I kept a small box of chopped up celery that I munched on and that saved me during those times when my hands and mouth and stomach seemed to be one step ahead of my stomach. If celery doesn't work try cucumber without skin. I scooped out the middle bit (like they do in waitrose salad) so it was chunky and I also had a bag of pre washed salad that if I really got the munchies I would just eat!! Oh! and green beans I ate raw too but not sure you are supposed to! Anyway, they worked for me in addition having a zero coke also took the edge off. Any of these shouldn't affect your weightlosses really but mentally you have NOT got to think of these tactics as a cheat otherwise it will lead to eating more food and thus upping the calories and before you know it something carby or calorific. I hope that helps a little? And makes sense? Do take a mouth wash to gargle for your throat or hot salty water can keep sore throats at bay. If it really gets bad have a strepsil and don't freak about this knocking your out of ketosis or gaining weight. It really won't, again I have done that in the past and it didn't affect losses. x

Thanks Hun I will try the gum chewing this week and the chopped cucumber and see how it goes :)

Day 2 checking in yesterday went a bit awry in the evening... But weighed in this morning and have lost 1.2lb this week so I am now 13st 10.8lb... I'm happy with that considering the Wobblies I've ad this week.

katiebaby said:
Day 2 checking in yesterday went a bit awry in the evening... But weighed in this morning and have lost 1.2lb this week so I am now 13st 10.8lb... I'm happy with that considering the Wobblies I've ad this week.

Well done you! It's really hard when your faced with stress. V good x

Morning! Another good loss! Ok Katie, I have some thoughts and of course feel free to ignore! You seem to be on and off vlcd (I have down exactly the same in the not so far past!) and whilst more recently you've continued to lose maybe you need a different approach. Your post said the evening went "awry" in other words you chose to eat because (a) you wanted to (b) you needed to and/or (c) both.

So my suggestion is why not include food into the equation in the evening when you need/want food and count the calories on my fitness pal? That way you can have food without re-starting day 1 of vlcd each time you've eaten? The calories in the SnS packs are counted so you could have two breakfast and lunch and use the remaining calories for real food. Like I said to bring food onto the equation now may be better for you from a psychological approach to losing weight. By re-starting day 1 you are in your mind telling ourself you've failed. I say this because reading my old journals I spent the best part of two years on and off vlcd and on minimins. I just so want you to end this year on a high and you've done so well and are looking fab. X

Kira said:
Morning! Another good loss! Ok Katie, I have some thoughts and of course feel free to ignore! You seem to be on and off vlcd (I have down exactly the same in the not so far past!) and whilst more recently you've continued to lose maybe you need a different approach. Your post said the evening went "awry" in other words you chose to eat because (a) you wanted to (b) you needed to and/or (c) both.

So my suggestion is why not include food into the equation in the evening when you need/want food and count the calories on my fitness pal? That way you can have food without re-starting day 1 of vlcd each time you've eaten? The calories in the SnS packs are counted so you could have two breakfast and lunch and use the remaining calories for real food. Like I said to bring food onto the equation now may be better for you from a psychological approach to losing weight. By re-starting day 1 you are in your mind telling ourself you've failed. I say this because reading my old journals I spent the best part of two years on and off vlcd and on minimins. I just so want you to end this year on a high and you've done so well and are looking fab. X

I am so happy you posted this and I agree and will try this I feel like a failure everyday yet I lost a reasonable amount for my stop start week. It's the evening times I struggle. What's a good calorie goal per day do you think? I have said I don't want to vlcd into the new year I need to find a way of low carb eating that suits me

Back