Katiebaby- back to Slim and save for the last leg of my journey

I definitely won't be doing vlcd in the new year as I very much want to be eating real food but much smaller portions than I clearly have been in the past! So understand where you are coming from with that.

In terms of calories you can have a week You need to determine you BMR basal metabolic rate. There are various calculators online that will calculate when you need to simply function and suggested calorie intake you can have to continue losing weight. Going on Cambridge steps you could have between 1000 to 12000 calories and still lose especially if you keep carbs to a minimum. It's still very low amount of calories.

Hopefully someone will drop by and give better advice on me about the calories and BMR etc as its early days for me switching from vlcd to introducing foods. I'm still going to have two products but have a meal in early evening and allow for healthy snack/supper but only if I am wavering.

Hey Kira :) I'm ok thanks you? I'm down to 13st 10 its moving in the right direction although bit as fast as I'd like now but hey ho. Keep plugging away. I see your introducing carbs how is that going?

You're doing great! Introduction of carbs was nerve wracking but I think should be ok. Losses probably going to slow down but for the first time in my dieting experience I feel am more mentally focused and conscious of what I am eating. I try to have three meals a day with no snacking I between depending on what's going on in the day. I found I need the carbs if I'm going to do more exercise. I think the fear factor of regaining weight is overwhelming and as a consequence I will certainly not regain what I've lost so far. It may take me longer to get to goal but that's fine I'm a healthy BMI now.

I have finally done a 100% day yesterday :) 2shakes a meal and a bar... And tonnes of water here is to day two.. It's the first 100% days in a long long time... Here's to losing this last stone or so x

That's great Katie! Just be careful that in the even you do eat something not to let your head think it is you failing otherwise you'll get back into that vicious circle of on off vlcd. However, it seems to me you've been doing ok over the past week? I think this last stone is usually the hardest to get rid of as the losses slow down. Just keep going with as many 100% and be mindful if you eat choose carefully and keep a note of the calories. x

Thanks Kira your right :) I went shopping last night after work and hadn't planned to I went with my friend she had a macdonalds and I had an Atkins bar and coffee... Didn't get back till 11 due to a navigational issue lol that will teach us to venture further afield for shopping purposes! I was famished when I got in so I had salad and a can of Tuna and you know what I felt great :)

Briliant Katie! Sounds like a tough evening but hey! you managed it! And so worth it because you have another completed day under your belt!

Great Katie you did brilliantly.

Thanks ladies it was easier than it would of been at the start but its never easy watching others eat... I'm still on plan :) weigh in tomorrow... Only 4 weeks left on plan then I will be introducing food... Can't wait although a little nervous

Ok ladies :) one week finally at 100% and I am seeing a number on the scales I have never seen before on this journey.... 13st 6.8lb :) woo I'm so happy and really motivates me to another 100% week... I think adding protein and veg meals has really helped me... My weight last week was 13st 10 but after my blip on Sunday involving pizza .. Monday I was 13st 13... I will say my official loss is *does the number crunching* 3.2lb* which for me at this part of my journey is amazing :)

Katie that's brilliant! I also found adding veg (no potatoes) or salad with protein really helped me not go off the rails during november and is till lost albeit smaller losses. I think having a back up,of allowed foods really is the key to keep,going. So keep going with what is working for you and you'll be closer to 13st with 12's in your reach .

I also did what you said and didn't feel guilty about eating real food... I really enjoyed it instead x

Awh! So glad that helped Katie. I do believe it really is the only way forward for continued losses and no further gains. Better to sts having enoyed food especially if it is with friends and family and a social event rather than regain it by not reining things in and eating less the following days.

It's taken me many painful attempts on vlcd to realise this and I will not regain what I've lost Ias I keep,reminding myself I have to make good choices and if I do over eat my daily calorie allowance I have to eat less the next few days. If I don't I will put all the weight back on. So words like "cheated" "failed" should not be in our mind set only "eat less" , "make good choices", "exercise" is what we should aiming for.

Keep doing what you're doing! Keep,away from pizza ( as long as you can!) you'll be in the 12's sooner that way!

I'm not on slim and save as I found out you shouldn't do vlcd whilst actively trying to conceive so I am just finding my legs with real food... And boy is it daunting! I am going to join the gym this week my friend is putting together a program for me.. So I am getting there, how as you doing?

I'm not on slim and save as I found out you shouldn't do vlcd whilst actively trying to conceive so I am just finding my legs with real food... And boy is it daunting! I am going to join the gym this week my friend is putting together a program for me.. So I am getting there, how as you doing?

I have been having this convo with hubby as we are ttc too so really thinking of adding food but am scared as not as small as i wanted to be my doc said to do 1200 a day and i should still loose! Are u still popping on here to say hi every now and then?

I'm doing 1200 low carb :) I am hoping to get this diary moved perhaps and still use it. I have gained this last week which is to be expected but hoping for a loss next week.

Ladies do try MFP I think you already maybe Katie? I am sooo loving it since introducing food. Ok I lost only one pound this week but I'm happy as long as I don't gain as I feel I am so much closer to goal than I have ever been before.

Back