Kay's journey to health and happiness

^^this^^

Xxx

^^this^^

Xxx

:D:D:D thank u my lovely, so nice of you to think of me. I'm still snowed under, no change there :oops:, I just have to be patient and work through things. Trying to stay positive, my time will come, it surely has to :). Hope your doing well Sam. Actually I know you are, your doing flippin fantastic on the challenge ! :character00116::whacky068: :p

Kay xx

Just a flying visit, thank u everyone for your lovely wishes, I am still working through things, they are taking time but I just have to be patient. I hope your all doing well, I miss you all. :)

Lots of love
Kay xx

Just a flying visit, thank u everyone for your lovely wishes, I am still working through things, they are taking time but I just have to be patient. I hope your all doing well, I miss you all. :)

Lots of love
Kay xx

Always lovely to hear from you Kay...

Thinking of you Kay and sending loads of love and best wishes xxx

Dear diary ... note to self ` wowzers has it been that long ? o_O Hmm need to get back on track with my health before I swell into a hot air balloon :rolleyes:. Hoping to resume services in October :D . Will be back on my diary and back on track with SW, will be joining a new group and also the winter challenge, have been inspired by so many of you on here, your all doing amazingly well on your journeys and are so committed and focused. Sending positive vibes out and hoping for good times ahead for all of us :):).

Miss u all
Kay xx

Dear diary ... note to self ` wowzers has it been that long ? o_O Hmm need to get back on track with my health before I swell into a hot air balloon :rolleyes:. Hoping to resume services in October :D . Will be back on my diary and back on track with SW, will be joining a new group and also the winter challenge, have been inspired by so many of you on here, your all doing amazingly well on your journeys and are so committed and focused. Sending positive vibes out and hoping for good times ahead for all of us :):).

Miss u all
Kay xx

Oh Kay I say this for so many of us, it will be fab to have you back!! You sound ready and extremely focused which is very wonderful indeed! You most definitely have been missed!

Ruth
X

Hello I'm back again :D .

So here we go once more, I'm starting group again on Thursday. Not looking forward to what the scales have to say. Last time I lost 5.5 stone on SW, I'm pretty sure its all come back on. I'll have to take baby steps and try not to look back at `what could have been' and stay focused on `what can be ' and make a change for my future.

Can't explain how I'm feeling, its a mixed bag of emotions, not too excited but not feeling negative either about my journey, maybe realistic is the word, right in the middle, maybe that's the best place to be. This time I don't want big numbers. If they come, well and good, but I would prefer small and steady losses each week, I find those are the ones that stay off.

Not going to deprive myself either, still have to be social and go out with family and friends, but I remember when I did it last time, it was `preparation ' that saved me and always gave me good losses, always checking menus before we went out ahead of time to calculate syns. It's when my head goes `oh a little won't matter ' when I run into trouble :rolleyes: .

Think I know what I need to do, just need to get on with it. I did say its been a while since I did SW and I used to love the old Green and Red days. Can someone tell me that still goes to group, has it changed now to EE only ? I'll be sad if it has, I never really liked EE days :oops:, I do like having the choice of x2 Hex's, A's and B's, it would fill me up more. I don't like having to syn cheese or milk and having to chose between both. With red and green days you could have both as HEX's.

I hope someone would be kind enough to answer my question soon. I could wait till I go to group on Thursday, but just getting anxious ;).

Hope your all having a lovely weekend !

Kay xx

Hello lovely Kay!!! Thanks @Poppet12 :)
It is just EE in all of the books now but I know a few people still do red and green. They do only go with EE in the groups/image therapy but use Fast Forward and all of the other normal tools if you're struggling.
A couple of little things have changed in regards to terms of foods. Generally things are now marked in the books as 'S' (speed) and 'P' (protein). So you have all of your free foods i.e. Fruit, veg, but some are speed for example Apples, Grapefruit and Lemons (a bit like super free before!!) and it's the same with the protein markers for the meat, fish, eggs and substitutes. The HEs are the same, as are the syns.
They have introduced something called EESP where you only eat the foods with an S or P next to them, one HEA, two Bs and your syns- I have been told that this is to be used only if you're struggling or if you want a certain amount off for an event/occasion/target. It is apparently quite restrictive although I have never done it!

Hope this helps my dear!!

So excited to have you back- I hope you're looking forward to going back to group!

Ruth
X

Hi Kay,
Looks like you have been through a few things whilst I've been away from here.
SW have fased out the old red and green. However many of us are still following red and green using old books.
But small steps hun and you will find what plan is best for you.
Good luck with group tomorrow. XX

Hello I'm back again :D .

So here we go once more, I'm starting group again on Thursday. Not looking forward to what the scales have to say. Last time I lost 5.5 stone on SW, I'm pretty sure its all come back on. I'll have to take baby steps and try not to look back at `what could have been' and stay focused on `what can be ' and make a change for my future.

Can't explain how I'm feeling, its a mixed bag of emotions, not too excited but not feeling negative either about my journey, maybe realistic is the word, right in the middle, maybe that's the best place to be. This time I don't want big numbers. If they come, well and good, but I would prefer small and steady losses each week, I find those are the ones that stay off.

Not going to deprive myself either, still have to be social and go out with family and friends, but I remember when I did it last time, it was `preparation ' that saved me and always gave me good losses, always checking menus before we went out ahead of time to calculate syns. It's when my head goes `oh a little won't matter ' when I run into trouble :rolleyes: .

Think I know what I need to do, just need to get on with it. I did say its been a while since I did SW and I used to love the old Green and Red days. Can someone tell me that still goes to group, has it changed now to EE only ? I'll be sad if it has, I never really liked EE days :oops:, I do like having the choice of x2 Hex's, A's and B's, it would fill me up more. I don't like having to syn cheese or milk and having to chose between both. With red and green days you could have both as HEX's.

I hope someone would be kind enough to answer my question soon. I could wait till I go to group on Thursday, but just getting anxious ;).

Hope your all having a lovely weekend !

Kay xx[/QUOTE

Welcome back Kay, I hope it all goes well for your first WI & re-join.

I used to do mainly green days and was a tad disappointed when SW first changed to EE but it is ok once you get your head round only have 1 hexa&b and the speed foods rather than super speed, it's like the very first time you joined, nothing makes sense a first, then slowly it all fits in!

Dear Diary,

Finding it hard to track my own movements these days :bolt::rolleyes:, still got loads going on, so have found no time for ME or the plan. Will have to do a 360 on what I said earlier. Realistically I won't be able to make it to group each week with everything I have going on, so looks like I will have to do the plan from home. Also I've decided I'm going to do the old SW plan of GREEN DAYS and see how I go, I'm just not fond of EE at all. I managed to find someone on the internet that had a scanned copy of the old books with the Green Plan, which was handy since I've lost my old books, so I will follow that. I know some syn values may have changed but I'll just have to go with it and see what happens. I won't post my food and syns on here because I will probably confuse the sh*t out of everyone :p .

I will weigh on Mondays from home, I've started today, although I do need to pop to Asda to do my SW shopping. Sorry I've not had the time to reply to messages individually, thank you all so much for the support that you give me on here, I really do appreciate it (and I do read all your replies) :) . As soon as I get some time (I'm hoping Sundays), I will take timeout for my diary and reply to posts and catch up on all your diaries too.

Hope your all having a fab week ! Speak soon :bunnydance: .

Kay xx

Well day 5 and I'm pretty chuffed :D . I did my Asda shop earlier in the week and have started to get organised. I know its going to take a few weeks before I get my SW mojo back, but its a start. So instead of posting my daily foodage on here, I've decided, going forward, I will just post pics of some of the meals I've eaten in the week instead :eat: .

Since I'm still very busy with personal stuff going on :rolleyes:, I had to shop for instant stuff rather than cooking from fresh, which I know is not great healthwise, but is saving me time at the moment and keeps me on plan. I love cooking, and when I'm in the zone, I can whip up some really tasty meals, but for now, it will have to be instant smash and mug shots galore :p :confused: .

So here are some of my pics ...

I've started to get organised :woohoo:

IMG_2760.JPG IMG_2759.JPG

I wanted to add some speed to my mug shots so have come up with the idea of adding frozen veg to each mug. It makes it really filling and its like a complete meal. The frozen veg bag I get from Asda has carrots, broccoli and cauliflower and some peas (which I don't think are speed, anyone ? o_O) I chopped some fresh coriander on top, it was yummy .

IMG_2761.JPG IMG_2763.JPG

I'm not sure how many pics you are allowed per post so I'm going to put the rest up in my next few posts .

I've also discovered these for the cinema which I love ! Their only 2.5 syns per bag :D. Asda have got them on offer at the mo, 2 multi packs for £2 .

IMG_2766.JPG

I want to start increasing my water intake, it has helped me in the past with weight loss, and especially green tea. I have discovered a new flavour which I'm in love with from twinnings !

IMG_2756.JPG

Now for something that didn't work this week o_O , thought I should also share that. My sister recently did her food shop and bought me a protein shake, I think she was trying to help with my weightloss but didn't know I have restarted SW this week. I felt bad to give it back to her but 1 shake made with 1 scoop of the powder stuff is 5 syns :eek:. I know it all protein and good stuff in it and will keep me full and so on, but 5 syns just for brekkie and it didn't taste that great either . So I think I'm going to leave it, don't know what I'm going to do with the whole box though.

IMG_2758.JPG

Some more pics to come ...

One of my favorite lunches is smoked salmon on ryvita crackerbread with quark and topped with cucumbers and some fresh coriander. I normally season the quark with garlic granules, coarse black pepper and chives. :eat::).

IMG_2746.JPG

Eating Out -
I'm extremely proud of myself :winner: we went to Tinseltown this week I resisted all those lovely shakes and desserts and the burgers and chips. I ordered the Chargrilled Chicken salad without dressing. I even took my own extra light mayo but found I didn't need it as the chicken was juicy enough. Their salad is amazing and had red kidney beans in it too which I love. I watched my sister chomp away on her Cajun spiced wings smothered in sauce plus chips, she offered me some, but I said no ;) .

IMG_2753.JPG

Desserts -

My 2 syn cheesecake :D (made with alpen lights as the base (heb), quark mixed with white choc options, 2 syns, topped with fresh strawberries and dusting of unsweetened cocoa powder, which I will not syn :p)

IMG_2742.JPG

Mid week dessert -

ff muller yogurt with chooped banana and meringue nest with dusting of cinnamon power :).

IMG_2749.JPG

I hope those of you that are going to group can advise me if I am going wrong. I don't have SW online anymore so am just doing this from what I know from having done SW before.

I do have a few questions, if someone could be kind enough to answer them, I would really appreciate it. I will put them up in my next post :D .

Questions

1) I went to Costa coffee this week with my sister and ordered a Skinny Latte. Can I use the milk from my hea allowance or do I have to syn it ?

2) I'm going out again for a Turkish meal. I'm thinking of getting grilled chicken wings with salad. How much should I syn for the wings or is there a better option to eat there ? Also I will be avoiding all the breads and dips o_O ... somehow.

3) I bought the muller cheesecake flavour yogurts, do they have syns ? The new limited addition coffee flavour ones are to die for !

4) Are x4 Ryvita Dark Rye crackers still a hex b choice ?

5) I purchased this broth mix which I've made before and love in the winter, please tell me its free ? :oops:

IMG_2767.JPG

Thank you so much, its the weekend and I don't expect a reply anytime soon :p, but whenever is good.

Hope you all have a smashing weekend ! :bunnydance:

Kay xx

Questions

1) I went to Costa coffee this week with my sister and ordered a Skinny Latte. Can I use the milk from my hea allowance or do I have to syn it ?

2) I'm going out again for a Turkish meal. I'm thinking of getting grilled chicken wings with salad. How much should I syn for the wings or is there a better option to eat there ? Also I will be avoiding all the breads and dips o_O ... somehow.

3) I bought the muller cheesecake flavour yogurts, do they have syns ? The new limited addition coffee flavour ones are to die for !

5) I purchased this broth mix which I've made before and love in the winter, please tell me its free ? :oops:

View attachment 184189

Thank you so much, its the weekend and I don't expect a reply anytime soon :p, but whenever is good.

Hope you all have a smashing weekend ! :bunnydance:

Kay xx

Hi Kay,

First of all thank you for the pics. Thinking of grab and go things for my locker at work.

In answer to your questions

Questions

Some people do. Costa's is regarded as a treat
The old style was to take 6 syns off the total syn value. I still do. Thinking when I need to I will count the full amount. But I have started having tea.

Salad sounds good average chicken wing on the app is 2 syns each. But most dishes are with olive oil. And good resteraunt will have a great chef. Ask the staff for what you would like.But it's 1 meal you'll be fine xx

Cheesecake yoghurt = 1 each
Skinny cappuccino = free
;)

Yes :):) or 6 syns

Yes

So all good xx
Enjoy

Back