Keeping on track as a target member!

Grapefruit and orange for brekkie, with strawberries, blueberries and mullerlight, leek and asparagus soup, 3 mini babybel lights, apple, crab sticks, pomegranate, 2 hazelnut coffees (synned my milk)
mini eggs (45g box) roast pork, skinny roast pots, cauliflour peas and oxo cube gravy. 2 alpen light bars.
200 leaflets delivered, so cold today. Got posters up in 2 pubs for the 6 wk weightloss challenge - told the owner raising funds for a charity.
Had my a frames out all weekend. Maybe they'll come when the kids go back to school! xx

Can't go anywhere! Saw one of my members in supermarket, and the first thing she did was check my trolley!
Lucky it just has low syn marshmallows and pack of curlywurlys, plus lots of fruit veg, ham, skimmed milk and smoked salmon, so she can't
say I eat bad stuff on Thursday!
Grapefruit and orange and mullerlight for brekkie, leek and asparagus for lunch, pomegranate, grilled salmon new pots and salad for dinner. Night shift - all my usual, and a few haribos!

Put out new posters for the slimforgood weightloss challenge, got in a couple of pubs, newsagents, a philippenpo food shop, gave out leaflets to a centre for adults with learning difficulties, said staff could raise funds for charity if they came along to my group this week. I'm getting out in the community everyday, even if it's only an hour or 2, but I tie my banner to the car, and chat to everyone. They might be starting to notice me!

I've been thinking a lot lately back to when I first started SW.
I started putting weight on after I had my daughter.
I pinged back into shape when I had my son, but as he got older, he was a really difficult toddler, and I was very depressed; something didn't seem right with him, and noone would beleive me.
When my daughter was born, he was 3 1/2 andwas just getting worse. He was nearly impossible to potty train, he smeared p**, had screaming fits, was obsessed with trains.
I was at my wits end, and the pounds started creeping on.
When he started school, I had only just got him toilet trained. I felt a complete failure.
I read something in a magazine, and asked for him to have assessments for Autistic Spectrum Disorder, and he was diagnosed with ASD just before his 6th birthday.
I was devastated.
And then the fight for him began.
The fight for his school to recognise his Autism. The fight to stop him being bullied. The fight for disability payments.
It seemed never ending. I forgot about myself- just trying to cope with 2 kids and working nights was hard enough.
When he was about 9, I learned to drive, which made everything easier, trying to get about with an autistic son and a daughter who was showing signs of having problems, was not easy.
Around this time, I also was fighting to have him statemented so he could have extra help in school.
It also made me lazy, and the weight started piling on.
I wasn't happy, I tried doing my own diets, but by lunchtime I was heading for the fridge.
I would finish my night shifts and eat 2 or 3 mars bars for energy.
My daughter was later diagnosed with Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorder and Social Communication Difficulties.
If anything, she was more difficult than my son. I really wasn't coping, food was my coping mechanism. A loaf of crusty bread, and a litre of orange juice and whole slab of cheese would be heaven after I'd dropped the kids off to school.
The dress sizes slowly started creeping up.
Then just after Christmas, the button on my size 16 trousers popped off.
I weighed myself. 13 stone. Oh my god.
Just then, a SW leaflet was dropped through the door. the next day I joined a group after my nightshift. I didn't tell anyone, after so many failed attempts, I thought I could do it in secret.
I was relieved I was only 12 stone; my scales were rubbish! But it was the shock I really needed.
I was very quiet in group. I hated joining in. I sat in the corner at the back, and just hoped the consultant would go past me quickly.
If I had a gain, I would go home.
I lost weight very slowly, it was very frustrating at times.
When I finally told everyone I was doing SW, my daughter would wave donuts in front of me and tease ' you can't have this!'
I started doing the Body Magic awards after another member said I was always out on my bike, why wasn't I filling out fit logs? I got to target
13 months later, and had my platinum award as well.
I also was starting to gain confidence, and I really wanted to become a consultant so I could help other people lose weight.
I didn't get it the first time, but another yr later I did. I left my interview walking on air.
Setting up my own group has been really hard work, but I love it.
In the next few weeks, one of my members is going to get to target, and I'm so excited for her. She's already lost 3 1/2 stone, and is 4 pounds away.

Well that's a bit more about me, and why staying at target is so important, why group is so important.
Group helped me find out who I really was when my confidence and self esteem were at rock bottom.
Slimming World hasn't just changed my life, it's changed me.
Standing in front of all those people, playing games, getting them motivated, talking to them...I could never have done that before.
My kids are great, I love them to pieces. Now I'm finally learning to give myself a bit of time.

Thursday night group was a good night! We did team fun tech, and they cheat - all went a bit crazy when I asked the only man in the group (he has a weakness for cashews!)
if he'd been at the nuts again! Had 3 new members, and I've planned my next promotion for Easter - even though I haven't stopped promoting.
I need 14 new members for March. Well I had 16 in January - so it is possible.

My food diary goes a bit like this;
Thurs galia melon, strawberries, mullerlight
grilled bacon fat removed, scrambled eggs, tomatoes and mushrooms,
asda veg chilli,and savoury rice on a jp, half before group, and half after.

Friday
galia melon, strawberries mullerlight
smoked slamon, new pots, boiled egg pickled onion, red onion, cucumber, celery, lettuce, tomato radishes sweetcorn
grapes pomegranate
courgette and pepper - quiche made with cottage cheese and 4 eggs and sweet pepperdew peppers in brine all wizzed up in blender - poured over courgettes and mushrooms (cooked in frylight)
and in oven 30 - 40 mins. salad as above
Healthy extras a 350 skimmed milk 2 alpen light bars

Feel more focused this week - had a good kick in the pants - a gain isn't always a bad thing. xx

Today; galia melon, strawberries and kiwi,
smoked salmon, new pots salad as yesterday and 2 boiled eggs, diet coke
dinner, grilled salmon, new pots and salad again, with a piece of quiche from last night
350 skimmed milk and working a nightshift - taking melon, grapes orange and a mullerlight and 2 alpen lights

I picked at some smoked salmon when I got in from work, but went straight to bed - very busy night.
Just had grilled salmon left over from last night's dinner in chilli chicken low fat super noodles with a salad. melon and grapes for pudding,
having a meal at the Harvester later - having simply chicken, pilau rice beans with no butter on extra corn on cob with no butter and I save my salad for after the meal so I don't have
a pudding, then I when I get home I've got strawberry greek muller light with strawberries kiwi and merringue.

Monday, strawberries and galia melon with mullerlight, leek and asparagus soup for lunch. was wazzing it up, and the food blender wiggled it's way off the worktop, so I had green bogey slop to clean up! Got every where - luckily was only the first load! Tea chicken stirfry with courgettes whole bag of bean sprouts, baby sweetcorn, mangetout, garlic chillies ginger, soya sauce and oyster sauce (3 syns), grapes, pomegranate and 2 alpen light. 350 s milk and for the night shift, leftover stirfry, melon, pineapple, grapes, orange and mullerlight

Grapefruit and orange for brekkie, had 2 corn on the cobs from last night's kids leftover's, leek and asparagus soup, and picked at some chicken. Had pomegranate and pears as snacks,
dinner is :eating:smoked salmon salad with new pots, pickled onions and 2 boiled eggs. Just not in the mood to cook.:slap:

Today's food, grapefruit and orange, leek and asparagus soup, tinned salmon with salad and pickled onions and fat free dressing.:character00254:
350 ml s milk, 2 nutri grain breakfast biscuits and mullerlight greek yogurt.
:eatdrink023:
Was putting out my a frame this morning, and one of the shop keeper's asked me for a poster and leaflets :faint2:
made me very happy:happy036:

According to MY scales, :woohoo:I've lost 4 1/2 pounds:wow:

but that was with no clothes on:sign0007: :giggle::whistle: I don't think I could weigh in:scale: at group this morning in that state:kissass:

so I'll try wearing something light unless I can persuade a few others to :massmoon: with me I won't be very popular!!
Fingers crossed:fingerscrossed: my scales are very close.

So happy to be back bang on target. Two years at target on Wedneday.
Just looked at how much I've eaten this week. So much free and superfree food my syns have been low because I've been too full up.
This week I wanted the weightloss more.
Really would like to get to the lower end of my target, and will try to do some different meals, but keep my free and super free the bulk of what I'm eating. Love the new Asia book, so will try a few stir fries, because
I can take those to work with me. The lemon chicken looks lovely. Will also keep up with the salads as I feel more in the mood for them now.
Have been having only 1 healthy extra most days (allowed 2 at target) I don't binge on Alpen lights in the same way when I have hifi bars. Strange that!
I've also had a lot of fish as it's been on special offer this week, and that seems to be working. Have been adding speed foods in too.

Thursday. brekkie after weigh in - grapefruit and orange, strawberries and mullerlight.
lunch - my Thursday tradition! Bacon, eggs toast (2 x 400g wholemeal) toms, mushrooms, tea diet coke.
pineapple and grapes - won the raffle this week!
Dinner - extra lean mince with courgettes, mangetout, mushrooms onion garlic chillies passatta oxo cube woscester sauce new pots peas and sweetcorn
ate this before and after group, and have some leftover.
Shopping in the morning

1 new member this week. passed out more sw bags with free mags and leaflets, and gave slim for good leaflets and mag to charity my group is trying to raise funds for.
Am teaming up with a local gym who has displayed my leaflets, would love some new members from those things.
Working my butt off still, and only 16 in this week. 2 new members have let me know that they weighed in at a group close to where they work.
Bit upset about that.:tear_drop: I really wanted a 5.30pm group when I started, but was told it had to be 7.30pm.
Could that be why members are not coming? They don't want to come out in the evening?

Laura,:thankyou: Your post made me cry.:tear_drop: I thought noone was reading.:sign0163:
I think every one has their own amazing story to tell.
My group think I'm a little bit nutty! and I probably am.:banana dancer:
:crazy:But it helps make the group fun.

Laura,:thankyou: Your post made me cry.:tear_drop: I thought noone was reading.:sign0163:
I think every one has their own amazing story to tell.
My group think I'm a little bit nutty! and I probably am.:banana dancer:
:crazy:But it helps make the group fun.

I am also reading! Very inspirational! It's lovely to read how passionate you are about helping and supporting others to lose weight :)

Back