Keeping on track as a target member!

Friday's grub.
Had scrambled egg, bacon and tomato and 1 slice of toast and pot of tea, at:eating: cafe after I finished the shopping. Usually rushing on a Friday to do stock and weekly phone call and my accounts. But
was lovely to relax and read the paper, as she's on training. Came home and did my accounts, and then tackled the housework and banking. Need to work an extra night if I can, am very broke!
Just not enough hours in the week!
Went on the hunt for some lemon alpen light bars in the afternoon (yummy!) - so I missed neighbours and lunch - but I was full up from my late brekkie.
Made an awesome fish pie and had salad with that for my dinner. The kids had pizza and the old man wanted chinese.

Syns. Had some mini eggs (1 syn 2 eggs) and mini lindt bunny (3) total 6 syns. snacks were pears and crab sticks. Used a choice for cheese on fish pie, and had 2 b choices. wholemeal toast and 2 alpen lights.

Breakkie Saturday will be orange and grapefruit. Lunch is salad and fish pie. Dinner is lemon chicken and stir fry. Will try and get nightshift.

Didn't make the lemon chicken, forgot to take meat out freezer. Will have on monday instead. Took another 2 goes at the fish pie to finish off! Am on night duty, but not busy which is nice. Got all my usual yummies, and alpen lights. Had a lindt mini bunny, pomegranates and pears.

Green day today
galia melon and strwberries and blueberries with a mullerlight.
Asda chilli with batchelors savory rice, salad, red onion, lettuce, cucumber, chopped apple, grapes, plum toms, celery, radishes fat free dressing.
mushroom and tomato omlette, with 40g reduced fat cheese, salad on the side leftover from lunch.
working another nightshift - so saving b choices for later. already got my melon and pineapple ready and 2 hard boiled eggs for snacks.

On my nightshift.
Have eaten so far,
leftover chilli and rice with salad:eating: 2 alpen lights, 2 hard boiled egggs
big lunchbox of melon and pineapple, whole punnet of grapes, orange, and a mullerlight.
Still hungry.:help2:
The biscuit tin beckons.
:ignore:If I don't, I will eat the whole patients supply for the next week!
Must remember that 2 lb off is more important, and I will kick myself if undo last week's hard work.
So saving myself for a nosh up when I get home.

Only eggs, bacon, beans, tomatoes mushrooms toast and cup of tea will do!
Then am making chicken and sweetcorn soup in the slow cooker for my lunch all ready for after my sleep!
Have changed my mind about the lemon chicken, have got Ainslet Harrots lentil dahl in cupboard which doesn't take long to make,
lovely with broccoli, cauliflower french beans and 0 % greek yogurt stirred through - 3 meals for no syns!

Last edited:
Hi Littlemisslim.
I enjoyed your personal journey from starting to being a consultant! You appear to have the enthusiasm to make a success of your group, you sound a lively group who enjoy the whole experience of SW.
If I lived in your area I would join your group, it sounds like my type of group......
Good luck for the future.
Pete.

Thanku Pete,
Look at all your shiney's! Losing 6 1/2 stone is a real achievement! I hope I get few members like you very soon!
I'm doing my best. I will get there no matter what it takes. I've put my heart and soul into this. xx

Well that was a lovely read!

Your certainly are working your socks off, and so deserve to make a success of your group.

I attended an opportunity event on the weekend, but don't think I could cope with the hard promotional work!

Hi Lyn,
The promotional work is a lot of fun when you do it the first time; mine was back in September, and I did the full prong.
I thought I'd have enough people, as I had 35 names in my book, but only half turned up on the first night.
It does get hard later on though, so go with your gut feeling xx
These things take time though.
One of my members said on the phone the other day, the group was just so friendly, I was really helpful, and it was the best evening of her week.
When they say things like that, I know I'm going in the right direction.

My meals were ok and went as plqnned.
60g lowlowcheese, milk 4 t, 100ml (3 syns)
6 ryvita wholemeal cracker bread, 2 Alpen light - only ate 1 wholemeal warbaton from 400g loaf (3 syns) couldn't manage 2
had some full fat cheddar leftover from spag bol I made for old man and the kids - not measured will count 5 syns but guessing
then had a mini lindt bunny dipped in vanilla coffee is lush! (3syns) makes 14 syns .
Also had 2 pomegranates.

So not terrible, Just more than usual.
Need to plan tomorrow as I'm on another night shift tonight, and that's when I tend to go off track if I feel tired the next day.

Grapefruit and orange for brekkie.
Chicken and sweetcorn soup (will post my recipe later)
lemon chicken and stirfry - third time lucky for the lemon chicken!

Chicken and sweetcorn soup (free on extra easy - own recipe)

couple of chopped leeks, 2 large chopped spuds, 1/2 chopped onion , 2 whole garlic cloves, leftover chicken from roast dinner, can of sweetcorn, 2 veg or chicken knorr stockpots (for best results!) 1 litre of boiling water.
reserve 1/2 can of sweetcorn and 1/2 chopped chicken.

Chuck it all in saucepan and simmer for 20 - 30 mins or until all veg soft.

wazz it up.

put all back in saucepan and add remaining sweetcorn and chicken in whole form - then warm up.
optional. stir 0 % greek total yog through at last moment.
remaining soup makes another 2 days lunches if kept in fridge and covered with foil.

Hi Littlemisslim.
I made a slight variation on the Lemon chicken from the SW cookbook, A taste of Asia, it's lovely! Here is my recipe & pic........

Pete’s Lemon Chicken (2013)
(Based on SW “A taste of Asia”)

Serves 2

Ingredients

¼ tsp Chilli flakes
1 Egg (ff)
1 tsp Garlic salt
1 tsp Turmeric (for colouring)
1 tbsp. Sweetener
1 tbsp. Cornflour or “Carrs sauce flour” (3.5 syns/2=1.75 syns per person)
2 lemons, washed, zested & juiced (ss) (sff)
2 tbsp. light soy sauce
100g Long grain rice (ff)
125mL Chicken stock
250g Chicken breast, cut into strips (ff)
S & P

Garnish

1 Spring onion, finely sliced (s) (sff)
1 Chilli, de-seeded & finely sliced (s) (sff)

Method

Cook the rice as per the instructions on the packaging.
Mix the egg with the turmeric & ½ tbsp. of the cornflour in a small glass bowl, season with salt & pepper, add the chicken, mix well & cover, chill in the fridge for at least 30 mins.
Spray a wok with frylight, heat up and cook the chicken on a high heat, stirring all the time until cooked, remove from the pan, keep warm, clean the wok & spray with frylight.
Mix the remaining cornflour with the lemon zest, juice, stock, sweetener, soy sauce, garlic salt & chilli flakes. Add to the hot wok & bring to the boil, add the chicken, keep stirring until the sauce has thickened & the chicken is coated. Plate up with rice & garnish.

Lemon Chicken (Small).JPG

Thanku Pete, looks lovely! I didn't have any lemons or cornflour and it was far too cold to go out! So I made a sauce with limes, garlic, sweetner and oyster sauce, which was lovely and worked out 3 syns for the oyster sauce,
and an enormous stir fry with noodles and bean sprouts!

So much housework to do, must catch up.
But you guys are here! Distracting me! xx

Weigh in tomorrow.
Had grapefruit and orange for brekkie, chicken and sweetcorn soup for lunch, apples and green tea with lemon for snacks.
Have tinned salmon, salad and new pots for dinner.
And I must pick my aframe up from the news agents.
Then I feel like an early night:4635:and a little break.

Had a great evening in group. I took half a pound of fat from the butchers to show the members how much it was, and it was a really positive evening.

Gained two pound at my weigh in:mad:
No more bunnies:17729:

Plan for saturday.
galia melon, strawberries, blueberries and mullerlight.
Lunch, leek and asparagus soup, orange.
quorn bbq fillets with salad.

Need to work a nightshift, I could do with a rest, but also feel I've been neglecting other things in my life, and need to get the right balance, and not let SW take over everything I do.

My house looks like a pit.
My accounts and stock need sorting.
My bills need paying.
Members to support.
Family stuff to deal with.
Need to build group and get ready for Easter promotion.

Think I definitely need a rest!

Made today a green day, had 2 hex b choices, 4 alpen lights. Snacks have been pomegranate, courgette and pepper quiche and 0 % activia .

Have sent a few support texts today, and found a 5 week white board planner in Tesco for £3, which I have plotted my easter promotion on.
Going to start leafleting next week, and blitz the easter weekend. Need to order some new posters.
Have another QDM meeting the end of April, I would really love to have built my group to 30 members by then.

I am going to do it.

Grub today is grapefruit and orange, and activia yogurt. 2 cups of tea and did the mashoosive pile of ironing.
Followed by scrambled eggs and baked beans an hour later, and vanilla coffee, because I was still hungry.
Plan for the rest of the day - leek and asparagus soup
roast chicken, skinny roast potatoes, cabbage, cauli, broccoli oxo cube gravy.
HEx 350 skimmed milk, 2 alpen light bars.
Doing my best to get 3 off this week, and a couple more next week before easter creeps up on us!

Fancy slimming world chips and curry sauce.
Got a tin of asda chickpea dahl to go in the blender.
Changes her mind about roast potatoes!

Got to go to a funeral tomorrow; the old man's aunty.Won't be many of us there.
The old man is planning to go to Scaggy Mac's for brekkie, and then sandwiches and buffet after.
NO. I am NOT doing it.
Taking grapefruit, orange and ff yogurt. Pineapple for snacks. Grilled salmon, boiled eggs, pickled onions, salad and new pots.
And by the way, slimming world chips and chickpea dahl curry sauce was lovely!

Back