Keeping on track as a target member!

Asda meat free quite tasty. Added cheese portion to it and some spaghetti and passata and it was loads. Couldn't finish!
Not working tonight but will book shift am. Bit of promotion in the morning and some housework.

Making today an EE day. Have some chicken in the fridge that I just can't let go to waste. Making some chicken and sweet corn soup and fancy some prawns on a jacket spud with fat free ff and paprika and salad for dinner. Have been out with posters and leaflets this morning, got 10 out in shops and the gym has posters leaflet and also my a frame until tomorrow night. Have put carefully chosen posters out in places like cafes, next door to cake shops if they say no, cafes, laundrette, newsagents, hairdressers, second hand shops. Off to the shops for some grub, and back on the dreaded night shift. Boohoo!:cry:

Well - put some paprika with fat free from frais, and put on the prawns, added some passata, ex light mayo and lemon juice, but it was a bit bland. Put in a tspoon of mustard powder, and it blew my head off! Only managed half.
At work, hopefully a settled night. Bit windy again. I go behind the curtains and blame the patients!

Came home from nightshift to a very quiet house. The old man's gone to work. The two teenagers are fast asleep in bed. Made some soft boiled eggs and wm toast and set the fire alarm off. Yelled "school" at the top of my voice, couldn't resist. Is that evil or just very funny!

Total toast fiend this morning. 6 slices with butter and marmite and 2 boiled eggs. pineapple and melon, chicken and sweetcorn soup, other half of jp and prawns and salad for dinner. green tea with lemon. Watching Jeremy Kyle in my dressing gown picking at strawberries and mullerlight. Kids are out and I am just snuggled and hoping the toast hasn't blown my week so far, which has been pretty good. Still within my syns, maybe a bit over, but not had many this week, so fingers crossed it's ok.

Just working out my syns properly! 4 slices wholemeal = my 2 b choices 6 syns for other 2 slices, plus 6 for butter , so 12 syns. Trying to cook a spag bol for everyone else and just realised I'm missing Deal or no Deal, and I will have to pick up my A frame from the gym, wonder if they'd mind if I left it there until the morning? Still not dressed after my nightshift, another busy one.

Maintained today. Have been to Aldi to buy the raffle for tonight's group. Got loads of bargains, but the best was balsamic vinegar for 99p! Didn't have breakfast, because I was running around picking up my a frame from the gym, putting it outside my venue, taking my consultant some hifi bars because she's run out and her delivery hadn't arrived, and shopping at Aldi. They had a look to see what was in my bag and I reckon it going to be a Slimming World mass exodus at Aldi this week!

Great day shopping with my girlie, she took a friend, and they buzzed off while I mooched around the pound shops! Poundland has some amazing things for the raffle, found some lasagne dishes for a pound; will fill them with ingredients, also some chopping boards - one with fruit and one with veg, those will go down well, like to make the raffle a bit special. Will probably save those for when my district manager comes and visits the group, also found some grow your own herbs for only 75p. Brekkie this morning was a big bowl of fruit, raspberries, strawberries & kiwi, mullerlight cup of tea. Lunch was jacket spud with beans and salad while out shopping and coffee with skimmed milk. Dinner tonight is beef and butternut squash lasagne. Fish and chips for the kids and the old man, 'cos I really can't be **esed. Was going to work tonight, but still need to work out accounts and do banking in the morning, so nahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Lasangne is so good, got more tomorrow. Trying to tidy my back room/office up, still haven't got properly sorted from last night. Accounts done. Time for:4635:night night xx

Well, last night, just went completely over syns. 4 peanut heaven bars while I sorted out stock and room, 3 bags of choccie treats, the little bags of animals and mini choccie fingers. Whoa! What happened there? Will pull it back for the rest of the week. So, the plan for today; I've had orange and grapefruit for brekkie, about to get leek and asparagus soup on the go, lasagne that's left for dinner tonight. No B choices or syns today or tomorrow, and then from Monday, I will stay within syns, and have one b choice. Filling up on lots of free and superfree so I don't go hungry. I bought some new dresses yesterday, but I can't really afford them, so taking them back, and just buying one but changing it to a size 10. Although the size 8 fits, it's not comfortable (it's from New Look, and their sizes are smaller than other shops, and I'm 42 not a teenager!) Daughter just rang, and wants to go swimming, so dropping her & friends off, so will do that. Banking next, & her school train ticket to get, so I must get off here and get on with it all!

Slight change of plan! Got stuck in town and didn't make it back to get the soup on the go! So I finished off the butternut squash lasangne, and we went to the Harvester for a meal out. Had salad, simply chicken, peas and corn on cob with no butter, and 2 diet cokes. I have had strawberries on a crushed meringue and a lemon greek mullerlight for 3 1/2 syns when we got back home. The kids and old man have all had cake and cream. So I've done well so far. Mustn't let the evening munchies ruin me. All the dresses went back to the shop, they didn't have them in stock so I couldn't swap. But I honestly have enough clothes!

This morning, I've had strawberries and kiwi with mullerlight and half a galia melon. Have 350 s milk as a choice, as will be working tonight and I drink lots of tea. My lunch is leek and asparagus soup, and I have finally got in on the cooker simmering slowly, that my lunch for Mon and Tues as well. Dinner is roast chicken with lots of veg and skinny roasties. Will have my melon and pineapple, grapes, orange and mullerlight while at work. I meant to tell you about my new member from last week, the very nervous lady who didn't think she could do it. Just on a whim Thursday night, I sent her a little text, " don't worry, it will be fine" xx She said a quiet thank you for the text, joined the group with my mother hen & her daughter I sat her with last week, chatted away to them, and lost 5 lb. Her smile lit her face up, and it was a lovely moment. The funniest moment though, was when I was sitting with my new members giving them a form to fill out just as group was starting, and my gym bunny ran in singing "I've been to zumba!" with her purple hair wearing a SW tshirt! Priceless!

Helli, Ive got 5 lbs to go to get bk in range, been a target member for nearly 3 yrs. How long have you all been at target for. Im doing a few red days at the mo xx

Hi Adele, :) been at target just over 2 years. Do you still go to a group? I find that really helps, I still weigh in every Thursday morning with my consultant I started with Jan 10. How do you find red days? I struggle with red if I'm honest. I'm not a big meat eater, but I eat lots of fish and pasta and rice and potatoes, so that's probably why! I do EE and green. Hope you get back to target soon. Have you got a diary? Doing this has really helped me plan and sort myself out. xx

Hi, I have been to group for about 3 months bt will be going bk next week. I think I struggle as alot of older people go to mine and there arent any other target members that I know of. My friend has started going to a group so may go with her. Ive had a rough ride with sw to be honest- my first consultant emigrated, her replacement called everyone the wrong name and bless her would say people had lost a stone in a week meaning to say a pound lol and I couldnt gel with her, then when I thought Id found a lovely group some of the members ganged up on me and the consultant told me I was too 'full on' and 'motivated' ! I reported it to sw as all Id been guilty of was being enthusiastic and trying to help others. Then I moved to a very small group with a quiet group,then I joined the group I'm with now with lots of older members.... I find it difficult as its a very big group and I dont always feel target members get as much support as people trying to loose. I feel like I know the plan inside out so even when I ws at target I would go once a month which suited me. I really enjoy red days and I've just set up a food diary, so will post in there. Thanks for your lovely message. Its great to hear off someone that joined same yr as me! xxx

That's a real shame that you haven't found a group that is supportive, I think that's really important. Have you looked to see what other groups are in your area or try your original group, the consultant might be a bit more experienced now.(I'm a c too but newish!). It can take a moment finding a face when everyone moves about to different seats every week. I have a terrible memory, and I warn everyone that I am a bit ditsy, and now they remind me. There is so much to remember when group is going on. I think it's important that a consultant takes time to get to know the members and I do remember everyone's name, even if it takes me a couple of weeks, I remember faces and who they are and something about them. I'm not perfect, far from it, but I do care about my members loads. I hope you can find a group soon even if it takes some time to find the right one for you xx

Back