Extra Easy Keeping on Track!

HondaGirl

I already keep a paper diary, but seeing as I'm now on Week 2 it's probably best that I start to keep track on here.

Yesterday I didn't do very well with the Super Free Foods, but kept on track otherwise:

Breakfast:
2 x Heck Chicken Italia Sausages (0.5 syns)
Slice of ham
2 x poached eggs

Lunch
Aldi Chicken and Vegetable CupShotz (syn free)
Fat Free Greek Yoghurt with cinnamon on top

Snacks
Pear
Banana

Dinner
Pasta
Slimming World syn-free chicken sausages
Cherry tomatoes
Tomato puree
Garlic
Italian seasoning (0.5 syns)
30g emmental (HEXA)

Evening (because I realised I hadn't had my HEXB and was feeling peckish)
2 x small wholemeal toast (HEXB)
1 x laughing cow light (1.5 syns)
Options hot chocolate (2 syns)
dash of skimmed milk (1 syn to be safe!)

Total syns: 5.5

Today I'm out for lunch at Nando's but I've already picked out what I'm having from the slimming world website, so I'm all set!

28/4/16
Breakfast
2 x Weetabix (HEXB)
100ml Skimmed milk (2 syns)
Pear

Lunch
Nando's butterfly chicken (3 syns)
Nando's macho peas (3 syns)
Corn on the cob

Dinner
Homemade burger
(5% fat minced beef, bacon medallion, 2 x Leerdammer light slices (HEXA), gherkins,
jalapenos, lettuce, red cabbage, carrot, white roll (6 syns), bbq sauce (1 syn))

Snack
Muller light yoghurt.

Total syns: 15

Quite pleased with today considering I had lunch out. Not felt really hungry all day apart from this morning as I ate breakfast earlier than normal so lunchtime took forever to roll around!

@X88B88 The slimming world sausages are a bit weird. They're very solid and a bit like a normal sausage on the outside and something resembling the texture of a frankfurter crossed with quorn on the inside. Can't say I'm too struck on them, but they're on offer for £1 at the moment so thought i'd try them. Wouldn't pay £3 for 6 though. However, the Heck Chicken Italia ones are lovely (got the paprika ones to try this week), but expensive (almost £3 for 10). Can't believe they're only 0.5 syns for 2.

29/4/16
Breakfast
Golden syrup porridge (HEXB + 1 syn)
180ml skimmed milk (part HEXA)
Peach
Tea with skimmed milk (HEXA)

Lunch
Roasted vegetable couscous (1 syn)
Mackerel in spicy tomato sauce
Salad
Yoghurt and mint dressing (1.5 syns)
Muller light

Dinner

Ham
Egg
2 x Heck Paprika Chicken sausages (0.5 syns)
Baked beans

Snacks

Pear
Fat free greek yoghurt with cinnamon
Tea with skimmed milk (HEXA)

Total syns: 4

A reasonably good day today - dinner was a bit of a quick fix. I was meant to be having jacket potato with bolognese sauce and salad, but ended up with not enough time before having to go out, so quickly threw together a bit of a 'breakfast' dinner! Overall, though I'm pleased with how it went. Looking forward to tomorrow as I have a huge pork shoulder to put in the slow cooker with spices and stock - will make pulled pork that should last the 2 of us a good few days!

30/4/16
Breakfast
Fat free greek yoghurt
Cinnamon
Pear

Lunch
Half a Slimming World Paella ready meal (free)
Muller light

Dinner
Pulled pork shoulder (all fat removed - seasoned with smoked paprika, cumin, pepper and salt and slow cooked in chicken stock)
BBQ Sauce (3 syns)
Homemade potato skins (quark, FF fromage frais, ham)
Wholemeal roll (HEXB)
40g reduced fat cheese (HEXA)
Salad
jalapenos
gherkins

Snacks
1 x Lindt lindor chocolate (4 syns)

Total syns = 7.

Your dinners sound lovely! Are these your own recipes? Also, does cinnamon help weight loss (which I've heard) or do you just like it?

Last time I did SW I remember drinking lemon juice in water a lot!

Also is the porridge 'oats so simple'? Love that but didn't know you could hexb +1 it! I'll start having it again in that case!!

Your dinners sound lovely! Are these your own recipes? Also, does cinnamon help weight loss (which I've heard) or do you just like it?

Last time I did SW I remember drinking lemon juice in water a lot!

Yes, all my recipes - I like to cook and adjusting things for SW is easier than i thought! Plus, I had gallbladder problems last year so am used to a low-fat diet. I did do the SW chicken tikka masala recipe last weekend and that was lovely (although a faff with the overnight marinating, but definitely worth it!) I just really like cinnamon in greek yoghurt! To me, it tastes really naughty and like a treat which is great as it's free! I also put cinnamon in plain porridge for flavour without sugar. I found in the past that limiting sugar reduces my desire to binge-eat so trying to keep on top of that as well.

I'll have to try cinnamon in yogurt then! I used to love cinnamon toast as I child but I suspect that may be down to all the sugar... I love this site for getting ideas, just seen a lunch idea where they put those free pasta 'n' sauce things in a food flask and add boiling water - by the time lunch comes around it's supposedly cooked. Much nice than mugshots!

1/5/16
Breakfast
lean bacon
Heck paprika chicken sausages (0.5 syns)
baked beans
2 eggs

Lunch

Cheese, ham and leek pasta n sauce (1 syn)
Skimmed milk (2 syns)
40g reduced fat cheddar (HEXA)
jalapenos
Muller light

Dinner

Nando's butterfly chicken (3 syns) with spicy rice (3 syns) and corn on the cob

Total syns: 8.5

Was out at a concert and really pushed for time, so had to grab something really quick for dinner from limited options without going entirely off plan. Quite pleased with the choices. Ended up not having my HEXB though which isn't ideal.

Weighed in 2/5/16 and am 2.75lbs down :)

2/5/16
Breakfast
Golden syrup porridge HEXB + 1 syn
200ml Skimmed milk (part HEXA)

Lunch
Out with family at a carvery pub - there were lovely big Yorkshire puddings, sausages, stuffing balls and cauliflower cheese - all of which I avoided. Unfortunately there was only one potato choice and that was Roast potatoes, so I was very restrained and had 2 rather than pile my plate with them as I usually would do!
Turkey
Gammon
Beef (all fat removed)
2 x Roast potatoes (4 syns)
1 x roast parsnip (1 syn)
cabbage
carrots
red cabbage & apple (1.5 syns)
gravy (1 syn)
cranberry sauce (1 syn)

Dinner
Sweet & sour mugshot
leftover pulled pork (bbq sauce = 1.5 syns)
Mini babybel light (2 syns)
muller light yoghurt

Snacks
Pear
Options hot chocolate (2 syns + remainder of HEXA skimmed milk)

Total syns: 15

Feeling quite pleased that I made it through a weekend of eating out while not completely blowing off SW. But at the same time, I'm relieved to get back to normal this week. Trying to be very good this week as I'm away next weekend and will be eating out again.

Last edited:
3/5/16

Breakfast
Overnight oats made with 35g porridge oats (HEXB)
Peanut and caramel muller light
1 tsp choc shot (0.5 syns)

Lunch
Poached salmon fillet
30g halloumi (HEXA)
Sundried tomato and garlic couscous (0.5 syns)
Roasted red peppers
Salad
Jalapenos
Yoghurt and mint dressing (1.5 syns)

Dinner
Young's lightly dusted salt and black pepper basa fillet (7.5 syns)
SW chips made with fry light
Mushy peas
FF greek yoghurt with cinammon

Total syns = 10

Welcome guys! I had quite an active day today, walked into town to pick up some bits and bobs and ended up having to go back again because one thing wasn't right and needed exchanging. So that's 2.5 miles brisk walking today and I also did 40 minutes on Wii Fit.

4/5/16
Breakfast
35g porridge oats (HEXB)
Fat free greek yoghurt
Cinnamon
Pear
Lunch
Spicy Mexican rice (1 syn)
Omelette
2 x mini babybel light (part HEXA)
Roasted butternut squash and red peppers
Dinner
Chicken Tikka Masala made with fat free yoghurt, fat free fromage frais, spices, tomato puree and water
Basmati rice
Mini naan bread (8 syns)
Muller light yoghurt

Total syns: 9

Mmm mexican rice. What did you put in it? Chilli and beans etc? I love Mexican rice.

Curry sounds yummy too

The Mexican rice was the Batchelors packet savoury rice. It's actually really nice and I added some smoked paprika in as well to give it more flavour.

5/5/16
Breakfast
Golden syrup porridge (HEXB + 1 syn)
180ml skimmed milk (part HEXA)
Pear

Lunch
Spicy Mexican rice (1 syn)
Roasted butternut squash and red peppers
Sliced turkey
Yeo Valley lemon greek yoghurt (1 syn)

Dinner
Chicken coated with cajun spices
Homemade sweet potato chips with fry light
Petit pois
Muller light

Snacks
2 finger Kit Kat (5.5 syns)
Options hot chocolate made with 170ml skimmed milk (2 syns + remainder of HEXA)

Total syns = 10.5

20 minutes on Wii Fit :)

Last edited:
Back