Extra Easy Keeping on Track!

Options and a kit kat, mmmm chocfest! (10.5 syns btw) ;) Is the mexican rice from a packet? It sounds delish!

Oops, I put my . after the 10 but somehow missed the 5! Thanks for spotting it :)

Yeah the Bachelors Super Rice packets - only take 10 minutes to cook and with the added roasted veggies and smoked paprika it was really good! No beans though :(

Spicy rice does sound good, I'm going to look out for it. I love looking at other people's food diaries.. I feel like I just eat the same thing over and over again until I get bored with it and then repeat the process haha

OK so I've been away this weekend and I feel quite good about how I've done - not perfect and I did use flexible syns for yesterday as I was over, but gave myself a 40 syn upper limit and was under that, so not too bad. Here's the damage:

6/5/16
Breakfast
2 x small slices wholemeal bread (HEXB)
2 x mini babybel light (Part HEXA)
1 slice ham on the bone
tomato puree

Lunch
BBQ mugshot
1 x mini babybel light (rest of HEXA)
1 slice ham on the bone
muller light

Dinner (OUT)
12oz rump steak
Jacket potato
Peas
Corn on the cob
side salad (no dressing)

Snacks
2 x cocktails (12 syns)
1 rum and diet coke (3)

Total syns: 15

7/5/16

Breakfast
Toby carvery:
scrambled eggs, baked beans, tomatoes,
1 slice wholemeal toast (no butter - HEXB)

Lunch
no lunch - still full from breakfast

Dinner
BBQ platter:
Pork, brisket
chicken wings (5 syns)
corn on the cob
corn bread (5 syns)
Sausage (5 syns)
Sweet potato fries (8 syns)
BBQ sauce (2 syns)

Snacks
2 x rum and diet coke (5 syns)
1 x Sol lager (8 syns)

Total syns: 38 syns

I've overestimated on everything apart from the alcohol so it may have been less but I'd rather err on the side of caution for this.

8/5/16

No breakfast today as was up late.

Lunch
Carvery: roast beef, roast pork, gammon and turkey (all fat cut off)
2 x roast potatoes (4 syns)
carrots, peas, red cabbage, leeks
gravy (1 syn)

Dinner
Toastie made with 2 x wholemeal bread (HEXB)
1 tsp flora light (2 syns)
Low fat cheddar (HEXA)
Ham on the bone
tomato puree
muller light

Total syns = 7.

9/5/16 (First day of week 4)

So I was 1.75lbs down this morning which was a nice surprise seeing as I was hoping for a STS as the best case scenario. I did fit in a lot of exercise over the whole week though so this might've kept things ticking over nicely. Spent 2.5 hours on Sunday afternoon washing, drying and polishing 2 cars and still feeling sore this morning (Tuesday) so I also burned a fair few calories there, too!

Breakfast
Golden syrup porridge (HEXB + 1 syn)
150ml skimmed milk (3 syns)
Raspberries

Lunch
2 egg omelette made with:
ham, chicken, red peppers, 1 slice Leerdammer light (part HEXA)
Golden vegetable savoury rice (0.5 syns)

Dinner
Homemade burger with 5% fat lean minced beef
Roll (6 syns)
1 slice Leerdammer light (rest of HEXA)
gherkins
jalapenos
Cholula hot sauce (0.5 syns)
Homemade jacket wedges made with fry light
Muller light

Total syns = 11

Totally had cravings throughout the evening tonight and ignored them all. I did have a can of diet pepsi and that seemed to curb them a little. First time since starting that I've felt I wanted to just go and get lots of crisps and chocolate and just plough through them! Very proud I didn't though. I feel like I'm quite strong willed at the moment as the plan allows me to incorporate things I enjoy once in a while. More than likely, the cravings were because I indulged at the weekend and my body needs to settle back down :) Not too worried anyway.

Hi :) well done so far! Your meals sound yummy, i bought a wii for the reason of being a bit more active and i am sad to say it's gathering dust, i shall have to blow it off and start :oops:. Following your journey xx

Thanks @realslimstacey . The Wii is good but I find that it isn't as intensive as I'd like, but that's fine as it gets me moving. I want to lose another stone before I start up running again - that's what really kickstarts my losses and makes me feel fantastic (after the first couple of weeks during which I will feel like my body is falling to pieces!) The Wii is great though for not having the excuse of 'I don't want to go outside today'!

Thanks @realslimstacey . The Wii is good but I find that it isn't as intensive as I'd like, but that's fine as it gets me moving. I want to lose another stone before I start up running again - that's what really kickstarts my losses and makes me feel fantastic (after the first couple of weeks during which I will feel like my body is falling to pieces!) The Wii is great though for not having the excuse of 'I don't want to go outside today'!
Haha, definitely a good excuse, especially with this weather, sunshine and rain. I'm thinking of starting going walking on a night after tea, i also have the Just Dance game i think to get me started off. Just want to give my weight loss another little boost at the moment. xx

Well, the sunshine didn't last long around here - we've had rain all day today :( Had a good day food-wise, but didn't get out to exercise and didn't get chance to do Wii fit, so will hopefully be better tomorrow.

10/5/16
Breakfast
Grilled smoked bacon (all fat trimmed off)
Egg cooked in fry light
Kiwi fruit

Lunch
Homemade butternut squash soup (inspired by @X88B88, I got the soupmaker out!)
2 x wholemeal bread from 400g loaf (HEXB)
2 x laughing cow emmental triangles (HEXA)
Strawberries
Fat Free greek yoghurt with cinnamon

Dinner
Gammon steak
Egg cooked in fry light
Baked beans
Bannister Farm Jacket Potato (1 syn)

Snacks
2 x tea made with skimmed milk (2 syns)
Muller light

Total syns = 3

11/5/16
Breakfast
1 x Aldi Benefit Apple and Sultana cereal bar (3 syns)
1 x Lemon greek style yoghurt (free)
2 x wholemeal bread (HEXB) with 15g reduced fat cheddar (part HEXA)
gherkins

Lunch
Aldi pasta & sauce macaroni cheese (1 syn)
Caramelised apple ham hock (0.5 syns)
jalapenos

Dinner
Homemade chilli with 5% lean minced beef, kidney beans, red peppers, jalapenos, carrots, tomatoes and spices
Basmati rice
25g reduced fat cheddar (rest of HEXA)

Snacks
Packet of salt & vinegar French Fries (4 syns)
Banana

Total syns = 9

So the dreaded training day with provided lunch was today and I did pretty well! I was dying to grab a bag of the crisps they provided but refrained and just had 2 little triangle sandwiches and 2 fruit skewers. Feeling very strong-willed as a result! :)

12/5/16
Breakfast
Overnight oats (HEXB) made with strawberry muller light
Banana
Lunch
1 X ham, cheese (HEXA) and salad sandwich
1 X coronation chicken sandwich (1.5 syns)
Equivalent of 1 slice of 800g wholemeal bread (5 syns) allowing 2 syns for margarine
2 X melon, kiwi and pineapple skewers
NO CRISPS :)
NO CAKE :)
Dinner
Baked salmon
Birds Eye steam fresh golden vegetable rice (1.5 syns) with peas, carrots and sweet corn

I'm going to have a chocolate mint Options tonight when I get home (2 syns) so total syns for today is 12.

13/5/16
Breakfast
Poached egg
2 slices wholemeal bread (HEXB)
2 slices baked ham

Lunch
1/2 packet of roasted vegetable couscous (1 syn)
beetroot, gherkins, jalapenos
caramelised apple ham hock (0.5 syns)
yoghurt and mint dressing (1.5 syns)
Peanut and caramel muller light

Dinner
Homemade cottage pie made with 5% fat minced beef, carrots, peas, sweetcorn,
Bovril stock
Mashed potato
reduced fat cheddar (HEXA)
Fat free lemon greek style yoghurt

Snacks
Options hot chocolate (2 syns)

Total syns: 5

14/5/16

Breakfast
2 x weetabix (HEXB)
dash of skimmed milk (1 syn)

Lunch
Morrisons carbonara pasta & sauce (1.5 syns)
Ham
jalapenos
20g reduced fat cheddar (half HEXA)

Dinner
Chicken seasoned with smoky paprika in a bun (6 syns)
20g reduced fat cheddar (rest of HEXA)
Homemade sweet potato fries made with fry light
Gherkins, jalapenos, red cabbage, lettuce, grated carrot
Fat free greek yoghurt with cinnamon

Snacks
Roll with ham (6 syns)
Packet french fries (4 syns)
Apple
Freddo bar (5 syns)

Total syns = 23.5 :oops:

15/5/16

Breakfast
Grilled bacon
2 x eggs fried in fry light

Lunch
Roast beef
Homemade roast potatoes (made with fry light)
Red cabbage
Carrots
Peas
Bovril gravy
1 x yorkshire pudding (4 syns)

Dinner
Chicken, ham, cheese and jalapeno toastie (HEXB)
Packet french fries (4 syns)
fat free greek yoghurt with cinnamon

Total syns = 8.

Last edited:
Thanks @X88B88 ! I got that last week, but now well on my way to my 1 stone shiny - only 4 and a bit lbs to go :)

Hazzah!!! (I must have missed that last week) I'm also looking forward to my 1 stone shiny - only 3lbs away. Desperately want to get it next week, I think more soup is in order...

16/5/16

Was 1.75lbs down this morning, so everything is still going in the right direction. Feel like perhaps I'm not incorporating as many S foods as I could do, so will focus on that this week and hopefully that will keep the scales going down. Will hopefully get my stone award in the next 2 weeks :)

Breakfast
2 x Heck zesty chicken sausages (0.5 syns)
Grilled bacon
1 egg fried in Fry Light
Tomatoes

Lunch
Salmon baked in teriyaki sauce (1 syn)
Green peppers
Mange tout
Red chilli
Red pepper
Leeks
Wholewheat noodles
FF greek yoghurt with cinnamon

Dinner
Homemade lasagne:
5% fat minced beef, chopped tomatoes, bolognese seasoning (1 syn), tomato puree
40g reduced fat cheddar (HEXA)
Wholemeal pitta bread (HEXB)
Weightwatchers choc pot (2.5 syns)

Snacks
Pineapple
Choc fudge cereal bar (3 syns)

Total syns = 8

Ok so been AWOL for a few days now - been very busy and had no time to log on, but still kept a paper diary of what I ate (had a cheat day on Wednesday as was at a meeting in London and then met some friends for dinner), but otherwise all good.

Tuesday 17/5/16

Breakfast:
2 slices honey roast ham
2 poached eggs

Lunch:
Grilled chicken slices
Homemade hummus (1.5 syns for the tahini)
40g reduced fat halloumi (HEXA)
Roasted red pepper slice
jalapenos, red cabbage, lettuce, grated carrot
Yog & mint dressing (1.5 syns)
Sundried tomato and garlic couscous (0.5 syns)
Wholemeal pitta (HEXB)

Dinner:
Homemade chicken and roasted tomato risotto (from a recipe on the SW website). It was meant to be baked, but I ran out of time so cooked it on the hob. I have to say it was delicious.
FF greek yoghurt

Snacks:
1 mini strawberry greek yoghurt ice lolly (1.5 syns)

Total syns: 5.5

Today I felt like I ate loads and had very few syns - I filled up on loads of salad and veg at lunchtime and the risotto was a perfect dinner as I didn't need to eat a lot. It meant that I didn't feel like snacking which was great!

Wednesday 18/5/16

I was out in London for 16 hours of the day at a meeting and then with friends. I had a provided lunch at my meeting which was all white bread sandwiches, but lots of fruit. Dinner was a burger and a pint of lager! I'm not sure how many syns it would've been, but I don't regret my choice and am perfectly happy to just continue on plan now. I felt really full and bloated all evening though :(

Thursday 19/5/16

Breakfast:
Omelette with ham and 25g reduced fat cheese (3.5 syns)
Pear

Lunch:
couscous (0.5 syns)
jalapenos
pulled pork (1.5 syns)
yoghurt and mint dressing (1.5 syns)
wholemeal pitta bread (HEXB)
30g halloumi (HEXA)

Dinner:
Tagliatelle
Turkey mince
Chopped tomatoes, tomato puree