Kelly's food diary - the REAL one!!

I really didnt do very well last night. The ribeye steak and hxb chips were fine but we also had black pepper sauce. Hubby came back from the shop with some tiger bread and i had 3 (small) slices with butter while waiting for dinner to cook and then he presented me with a triple choc mars bar, which didnt even touch the sides as it went down.

AND today, i had another slice of toger bread, even though i knew today is 'F*ck it Friday' in the office and we have breakfast cobs. I had bacon, egg and mushrooms on wm but i really dont think the bacon or mushrooms were grilled and the egg certainly wasnt done in frylight. Sigh. Why do i do it to myself????

Anyway - FRIDAY - RED
B: as above :break_diet:
S: plums and apple
L: superspeedy tomato soup
S: melon
D: roast pork (with crackling, please help me resist the greasy crunchy lovelyness) with carrots and cabbage

Kellyhellen said:
shame i didnt take any notice of your advice kieragh. 2lb gain this week.

Im gonna do my diary tonight as im fed up writing things and doing the opposite. I have super food plans for today though......

Awww hun. Nevermind, get back on track, get that willpower dusted off!!!! X

Weeeellllllllll, here i am starting again. Didnt post last night as planned because i ruined the day again. Havent bothered with the sneaky wi and am going to try and not have sneaky wi's at all from now on. I think its that, that changes my mood for the day. Am also changing my wi day to a Saturday. Fingers crossed for a better week. Although its TOTM coming up. :mad:

Tuesday: Red day
B: yogurt, apple, 2x baby bells
L: chicken salad (salad cream (2syns)
S: plum, ww yogs, pineapple, hot choc (2syns)
D: harvester – grilled chicken breast with jacket potato(HXB). Salad bar with red devil sauce (4syns)
S: pineapple, hot choc (2syns)
Total 10 syns

I probably went slightly over my syns yesterday but still significantly better than the past few days so quite pleased.
hot choc - 2,
red devil sauce - approx 6,
3 ryvitas with light phili and smoked salmon - 8

Wednesday - EXTRA EASY
B: banana, ww yogs
S: apple, plums
L: chicken and boiled egg salad (salad cream - 2syns)
S: pineapple, muller
D: prawn curry with rice. (the sauce is loaded with 5 onions, 2 carrots and tomatoes and ill be having stir fried mushrooms and carrots too).

Ive only done extra easy once before and havent really looked into it, but i assume this is ok. Its essentially a red day if i wasnt having rice. I could try and persuade hubby to have chips with it.

Kellyhellen said:
I'm such a let down, to myself! All I've eaten all day is rubbish, rubbish, rubbish.

I'm really really fed up with myself. There's no reason why I'm being like this, I'm just being greedy. I really need to sort myself out. Watch this space.

Why not give it a rest for a few days, regroup ur thoughts & why u wNt to lose weight, then start again?

Thanks Keiragh

Here i am starting again. Although i was truly fed up with myself at the end of last week, ive managed ok over the weekend and have been trialing green days with some success. Scary to think im trying green after all this time of never ever doing one day, but ive found i need to prepare a lot less (which helps with working full time and having 2 young children) and i think as long as i continue to avoid pasta (unfortunately) i should be ok. Anyway here goes.

Monday
Weight 10.3, sadly but at least that means i didnt gain after my meltdown.
GREEN DAY:
B: ww yog (free), banana (free)
S: mini babybell x 2 (HXA)
L: homemade pepper soup (assume this is superspeedy, as its only got peppers, tomatoes, garlic and curry powder in)
Ainsley spice sensation cous cous if im still hungry (1/2 syn)
S: muller (free)
D: 3 rashers bacon (HXB), beans, fried egg (? syns for oil), mushrooms, oatcake (? syns) and sausage x 2 (? syns - sausages arent a HXB are they?)

I know my evening meal isnt the best choice for my 1st day back on track but the sausages and oatcakes need eating so i think if i can behave throughout the day, im ok with it and tomorrow will be a 100% day.

Ive also got with me 42g crunchy bran (HXB) and 3 sweet onion ryvitas with light phili (HXA & B) but i may not use these at all and i certainly wont be using both, theyre just for emergencies so that i dont reach for the biscuit tin in the office.

I got some new boots at the weekend and spent a while trying on outfits from my wardrobe to see what went with them. I was horrified to see that many things although they fit, are quite unsightly at the moment which i think kicked me up the *rse quite well. Im certainly very bloated at the moment and i hope drinking a lot of water will help that.

I know i can post this elsewhere and get a quicker answer, but can you tell me if the batchelors savory rice are free or at least low syn please. I had one for lunch both days over the weekend, and assumed they must be 2 syns at most. Ive only got old books and i know 'rules' can change quite a bit over time. I wont be having another till the weekend anyway so am in no rush.

Think i need to check out some green diaries though sharpish.

Thanks for my pep talk, Keiragh, it helped.

Great to read that huni!! Yes batchelors savory rice are free on green, woohoo :) as are some of the pasta n sauce, I usually throw tons of veg in with them while they're cooking. Lifesavers.

Stick with it & let me know when ur wavering!! I've had a few wonky dats whatwith being away for the weekend & feel it so need to get back on it this week x

Yesterday was super. I didnt need my extras after my soup until i got home so i had half a pack of cous cous as a snack before tea (we have tea late) and then of course i had the naughty tea, but thoroughly enjoyed it so onwards and upwards today.

TUESDAY - GREEN
B: apple, muller, plums (free)
L: fritatta (eggs, potato and sweetcorn) and ryvita and light phili (HXA & B) if needed
S: jelly (0.5 syn), mini baby bells x 2 (HXA), hot choc (2 syns)
D: roast chicken (HXB), sw chips and beans (free)
S: muller (free) and time out bar (4 syns)

Planned syns for today: 6.5

Still feeling VERY bloated. I hope its not my green days thats causing it. Im going to give it a week though to see and then may have to review things. But so far so good. :)

Still on form, though still very bloated.

WEDNESDAY -GREEN
B, 42g crunchy bran (HXB)
s, banana
L, jacket potato with beans and HXA cheese
S, muller
D, mushroom curry (not sure on syns at all as this is a concentrate mix from the local Chinese supermarket, no nutritional info at all), with rice and actifried parsnips (odd combination, but I really fancy a parsnip)
S, fruit?
Maybe have ryvita with philli later (HXA and B)

Made a bit of an oooops today already.

Been for a pub lunch and could only see jacket pot and beans or stir fry, so opted for that with a hxb of chicken, but it turned out the noodles were those straight to wok ones (or at least they seemed like them) I'm assuming they're not very sw friendly. Done now though, just have to move on.

Thursday, green
B, banana and muller
L, chicken stir fry
D, hxb haddock with rice and roasted veg.
S, fruit.

Back