Kez's struggles and troubles! 17th June Restart!

I will, I will still be checking in. This site is an inspiration!

hey I think ur right, if its not going well or feeling right its not the right time for u at the moment, with any luck in a couple of days ul miss this mad diet and want to try again!
dont beat yourself up hun, u only fail when you give up completely!!

make sure you are sure though... ihave this thought a lot but after a few hours i am fine. what you dont want to do is come off and decide on sat that you wanna be back on it as you will have gained weight and have to suffer week 1 syptoms again.

i do agree that if your head is not in it it cant work for you. let us all know what you decide to do!

Hey all, I'm back! We'll not quite yet, tomorrow I will be! I've had 6 days off and have finally plucked up the courage to come back on here and have a read of how everyone has got on. And I'm so jealous! Everyone is doing so well.

I started my 'off plan' diet well and was only eating melon, raw veggies, drinking my water. Then a bit of pasta snuck in, then some bread, then a bottle of coke, then a chocolate bar. So enough is enough, I am not ready to manage it myself, I need to be doing this!

So tomorrow we are back on plan, I am hoping the withdrawals wont be too bad. I didn't really experience them first time round as I was laid up in bed poorly anyway. Also, I hit ketosis pretty early on last time, so hopefully the same will happen.

yay kez!! i think its much better to manage when your head is completely placed in the right place x

the first time i did ss, it was on the assistance of my CDC. i felt pi$$ed off that she told me that that is what i should be doing. i hate being told what to do and often go and do the opposite. anyway that time i didn't i did ss and i've got to say that when you do get into it you don't want to eat. eating for me for the first time was worrying as i thought i might loose control and stuff myself but after 10 weeks of 100% ss i had my meal on the 810 and i didn't loose control. sometimes you need a break kez to get a grip and take control.

i'm glad that you are coming back but you need to 100% this time and really focus on getting that weight off quickly and healthily on ss.

ss does make you think about food differently. you see it as a form of nutrition and you do change the way you eat and what you eat when you get closer and closer to goal.

i hope you really stick to it 100% this time. good luck.

Thanks guys, so far so good. Vanilla mousse for breakfast, and 1 pint down the hatch! Even stopped myself from making a coffee! And on a Monday morning, thats an achievement. lol

Spoke to my CDC last night, she was very good about things, in fact she is restarting the plan today as well. So we will be struggling together.

I had a really crap week last week, lots of hassle at work, lots of hassle at home! So this week is a fresh start all round, not just the diet but a search for the new me (well the old me, that I've lost over the years). I don't want to be the one hiding in the corner, or avoiding confrontation or not speaking up for herself for fear of being the target of personal attacks.

I'm doing this for me and for no-one else!

fighting talk kez! i like it! we will do this together get on here as often as poss x

I check on here non stop! lol

I am well into pint 3 now. I best slow down as otherwise I'll get a sloshy water belly and that makes me feel a little bit sick..lol!

Chicken & mushroom soup for dinner. I keep mucking up the soups and making them with water that is too hot, then they seperate and all the powdery bits go to the top and it's like drinking grit. Yuk, yuk, yuk!!!

bleurgh! lol i love the strawberry shakes but no matter how much i mix it its always full of lumps and bumps and makes me wretch lol.im on my first litre i really dont like water its so hard drinking enough :(

I dont like water either, I have to use the water flavourings. I've been using the summer berries one, I might get some of the orange one this week, for a bit of variety. Someone mentioned using the water flavouring and mix a mousse to make jelly? Might have to give that a go!

Do you use a blender for the shakes? I can't do mine by hand. I can't get the lumps out. The soup is nice, when I get the mixture and temperature right and the porridge is ok, but I have to mix and mix and mix to get the lumps out.

nope, no blender do them all by hand whisk lol im there forever! want to buy one but with the 5 kiddies to feed and me doing this diet money is very tight. i hate it :( x

Luckily my partner has lots of protein shakes, so we have a smoothie maker. I couldn't bear having to do them by hand. The soups are nice when I get the temperature right and the porridge I have to mix for ages and ages by hand.

I think Tesco do an electric hand whisk for £5, it might not be the bee's knee's but it's got to be better than doing it by hand!

Ok, so 1 shake, 1 soup and 4 pints of water down! Yay!

And it's sunny and the evenings are drawing out. Think I might even get chance to go home from work, get changed and get back to the horses before it's dark! Mind you I should be at home doing housework, my other half was in a right stress with me yesterday as I said I would come home and sort out the washing etc and I didn't, I was up with the horses from 8am till 5pm! Whoops! haha...but my horses are fun and housework isn't?!

I am soo cold! Absolutely, bloody freezing! Can't wait to go home and give my horsey a hug. Then get snugged up in my pajamas, porridge for tea me thinks. Something warm, followed by a hot bath and early night I reckon! I am praying I don't get awful headaches, I still don't know whether the headaches of week 1 first time around were becase of CD or because I was poorly. But I don't want that again, it was hell!

5 pints of water down and feeling ok about everything. I am trying not to torture myself with what I can't have this time. It is so true that you have to just take it day by day, or even hour by hour if thats what it takes to get you past the bad times.

Sorry, been a bit of a rambler today. Not bothering to take my laptop home from work tonight, so don't expect I will be posting later. Have a nice evening all! x

Oh, and is it sad that I am looking forward to getting home to finish eating the vanilla mousse I started for breakfast?! Couldn't eat it all this morning. My breath honks already! But Im sure its just empty belly breath, will be doing a ketostix in the morning. Here's wishing! x

I check on here non stop! lol

I am well into pint 3 now. I best slow down as otherwise I'll get a sloshy water belly and that makes me feel a little bit sick..lol!

Chicken & mushroom soup for dinner. I keep mucking up the soups and making them with water that is too hot, then they seperate and all the powdery bits go to the top and it's like drinking grit. Yuk, yuk, yuk!!!

mix slowly with a little bit of water to a paste then gradually add more water until it's all mixed in.

bleurgh! lol i love the strawberry shakes but no matter how much i mix it its always full of lumps and bumps and makes me wretch lol.im on my first litre i really dont like water its so hard drinking enough :(

put the water in the jug then start the mixer up. i use a hand mixer then empty the contents of the package. stops all lumps and bumps.

Oh, and is it sad that I am looking forward to getting home to finish eating the vanilla mousse I started for breakfast?! Couldn't eat it all this morning. My breath honks already! But Im sure its just empty belly breath, will be doing a ketostix in the morning. Here's wishing! x

bad news about your mousse kez, it has to be eaten within 15 mins of making it otherwise the vits and mins are gone.

Back