Kiki's Exante diary! 8 weeks of hard dieting.

kiki1

Hi all,

I have never tried a diet plan like this before but after seeing family getting great results I have decided to bite the bullet an try it for myself.
Over the last 2 years I have gained lots of weight for me.
I sat at around 10 stone 0 pounds, a weight which i looked very skinny at due to good genes I guess and a height of 5'8.
Anyway since coming off of birth control I soon shot up to 14 stone feeling very unhealthy for me.
Over the summer I managed to lose a stone and a half an drop back to 12st 6 but soon put it on again.
On Monday I weighed in at 13 stone 9 and decided I needed to change something.
So I bought 8 week's worth of food for 140 pounds which i felt was quite expensive but realistically is around 17.50 a week for shopping which is a lot cheaper than I spend now (around 50).
My package came very quickly and I started the exante diet plan on Wednesday.
Already after just 3 days of the diet I am weighting in at 13 stone 2?! that's 7 pounds in 3 full days?!?!
I know this will be water weight but it still does help with motivation.

anyway I will keep you updated when I can and post my weekly weight in's.
the goal is to diet until Christmas.

Does anyone have an estimate of how much weight i could lose in 8 weeks? I have a pretty good metabolism and find it easy to lose weight :)

Last edited:
Hi and welcome!
Exante say that you can lose about 1st each month.
The first week will feel quick, weeks 2-3 will feel slow and then most people seem to steadily lose 3-4lbs each week after that.
Good luck xx

I felt very hungry yesterday but today I seem to have loads of energy.
On day 6 now I am finally back into the 12 stone region, just.
My weekly weigh in is tomorrow so hopefully I will have added a little extra to bring my weekly total up!

All the best to my fellow dieters, we will be feeling confident come christmas time!! x

Week One wight in :
I am now 12 stone 13 or 82.1kg !!
so my overall losses for this week are 10 pounds.
very happy with the progress and I hope week 2 yields some good results as I really want to be 10 and a half stone in the days before christas but wishful thinking!
hope you all had a good week xx

Well done on your loss!

Keep going 8 weeks will fly by!

I want to lose another stone before Christmas. I stayed the same this week but think that’s down to time of the month hopefully I will have lost some by my next weigh in on Monday. X

Well done on your loss!

Keep going 8 weeks will fly by!

I want to lose another stone before Christmas. I stayed the same this week but think that’s down to time of the month hopefully I will have lost some by my next weigh in on Monday. X

Im sure you will lose that stone by christmas!! you have already done so well and your target is in sight! Good luck.

So .... yesterday was a bit of a cheat day because I went to this ramen restaurant with my friend for her birthday :/
however, I made sure I only had a shake (honeycomb!! my fave yet) during the day so I wasn't eating too many calories from the day. I had a big bowl of chicken ramen and 2 dumplings. all in all I imagine the most I ate was 1200 calories for the day which is still in a deficit of my bmr (about 1950).
However, the scales shot me back up to 13st 1lb :( This must be because of carbs and additional waterweight?
Anyway, that is treat day over and I am back on the plan off 600 low carb calorie day.
soe days I have 3 products but sometimes when I feel a craving for real food ive been switching my meal to a tin of mackerel in olive oil or 3 boiled eggs because I find its been filling me up much longer.
I guess the issue is staying motivated now that the scales have risen back up after my cheat meal :(
trying my bed to stay motivated and smash the next 7 weeks xxx

yeah the extra weight will just be the water, carbs and the weight of all that actual food. Give it a few days and it will have gone again. Well done - ramen is a pretty good choice, my friends always want to go to bbq or Italian places 😂

yeah the extra weight will just be the water, carbs and the weight of all that actual food. Give it a few days and it will have gone again. Well done - ramen is a pretty good choice, my friends always want to go to bbq or Italian places 😂

Ohgod i love italian food, I cant wait to splurge on some lovely creamy garlic seafood pasta once i hit that 10 stone mark!!!
oh my the ramen I had was so good, it was red roast rib ramen in a really nice soothing beef broth <3 anyway thats my treat day done (until i hit the 11's) ... thinking I will go out for a restaurant every stone gone because I just love nice food (the reason ive gained so much weight, i just love cooking and experimenting with foods)

So yesterday was a disaster, was doing so well until my flatmate came home with pizza and snacks to surprise me ! Deffo at over my calorie expenditure so what a waste! Determined to end this greedy cycle today by keeping busy and locking myself away in the library (im a uni student) xx

Aww bless you don’t beat yourself over it, you are human like the rest of us!

Just get back on plan today and stick with it! You can do this!! Xx

Aww bless you don’t beat yourself over it, you are human like the rest of us!

Just get back on plan today and stick with it! You can do this!! Xx

Thanks Rolo, I hope you are doing well xx
Yesterday I had a super good day, 3 packs of exante and nothing else! Im back to the same weight i was before my bad few days :) gonna stay super strict because i wanna see losses on wednesday in time for my weekly weight in x

Hey Kiki! Well done so far on your loss, getting back on track after a diet break is always the hardest part! Today is my 3rd day of Cambridge which I think is similar to Exante but with a consultant to weigh you weekly. I need the motivation of somebody weighing me I think 😂

Down 4.5lb in the first 2 days so very happy so far even though I know it’s water. I still haven’t experienced any bad symptoms yet so waiting for those to kick in. Or maybe I’ll be lucky. 😉

How did you get on today? Lily x

Hey Kiki! Well done so far on your loss, getting back on track after a diet break is always the hardest part! Today is my 3rd day of Cambridge which I think is similar to Exante but with a consultant to weigh you weekly. I need the motivation of somebody weighing me I think 😂

Down 4.5lb in the first 2 days so very happy so far even though I know it’s water. I still haven’t experienced any bad symptoms yet so waiting for those to kick in. Or maybe I’ll be lucky. 😉

How did you get on today? Lily x

Hi Lily, hope you are getting into the swing of things, with a bit of motivation we could lose a stone and a half by christmas (maybe optimistic but its a goal!)
and I did well yesterday but only ended up having 2 exante meals yesterday so my caloric intake was 400 :/ i mean its not as bad as overeating but i need to stick to the plan :) the scales today are saying 12:11.6 today so hopefully i lose a bit more by next weekly weigh in on wednesday :)

Yes that would be incredible... a stone and a half by Christmas is my goal too, I named my diary in the Cambridge section ‘operation in the 11s by Christmas’ to keep my motivated. Well done on staying back on track and sure the one less product can cancel out the pizza. 😂 But 3 is obviously important for the vitamins. My consultant has put me on 4 products per day (800 cals) because I am tall and active as a nurse but she said a stone per month is still the norm on this amount. Yesterday I ended up eating a low carb meal (chicken stir fry with broccoli) on top of my products. So I probably finished around 1100/1200. No change in weight this morning as a result but I’m happy I didn’t go up in weight either. Back on only my products today. Good luck this week, we can do it. Lily x

Hi

In 8 weeks I lost just over 2 stone. It averages at 14lbs a month.

I do a mix of TS and when I need to I throw in. 200 cal keto meal.

My advice is lots of water, and if you have a cheat day avoid carbs as it bounces you out of keto, de motivates and adds water weight.

I’ve makntained for 6 weeks and am now restarting to shift another stone.

Good luck on your journey

Hi guys, thank you all for the words of support and im glad we are all motivated, be so nice for us to all meet our goals and feel better in ourselves <3
Without going too personal on this weight loss diary I must say that my boyfriend of 3 years broke up with me yesterday morning.
I ended up not eating the whole day because I felt v/ sad.
I want to continue on total solution and lose this weight (and I will continue!) but now I feel like i dont know why I am focusing on losing weight.
I started this journey for me to feel more confident and im worried it will turn into losing weight to impress him or to feel good enough for him? i dont know.
Like I said before, I will continue but I know i need to be strong and keep track of what my motivations are for losing weight so i can focus on it being about me?
also tomorrow is weight in day but I couldnt resist checking, today I weighed in at 12st 10 meaning this week I have lost 3 pounds ... hardly a miraculous drop but atleast my weight is still doing down.

Sorry to hear about your bf. You started this diet for yourself...if somewhere along the way you add a bit of losing weight to impress him or someone else I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing tbh. Because you will still be doing it for yourself too. I'm doing this for myself. But also a little bit for someone else. And whatever keeps you going is good if you ask me. You can have the best reason in the world but if it doesn't work for you it's no good. I could tell people I'm doing this to lower my blood pressure-a good reason in their eyes...but I'm really not-that will just be a bonus.I'm doing his to fit into size 10 jeans and impress someone when I meet him again next year(he lives the other side of the world to me) It's important to be honest about the reason why because that helps keep you motivated, but there are no wrong reasons.So if you feel like you'll be losing weight to impress him, just go with it. Whatever keeps you focussed and motivated. Does that make sense?

Sorry to hear about your bf. You started this diet for yourself...if somewhere along the way you add a bit of losing weight to impress him or someone else I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing tbh. Because you will still be doing it for yourself too. I'm doing this for myself. But also a little bit for someone else. And whatever keeps you going is good if you ask me. You can have the best reason in the world but if it doesn't work for you it's no good. I could tell people I'm doing this to lower my blood pressure-a good reason in their eyes...but I'm really not-that will just be a bonus.I'm doing his to fit into size 10 jeans and impress someone when I meet him again next year(he lives the other side of the world to me) It's important to be honest about the reason why because that helps keep you motivated, but there are no wrong reasons.So if you feel like you'll be losing weight to impress him, just go with it. Whatever keeps you focussed and motivated. Does that make sense?

Hi Blubell, That made perfect sense and was exactly what I needed to hear! you are doing brilliantly and you sound like you have a good head on your shoulders xx
I wont be seeing my now ex until end of january (when we start a module at uni together so will see him 3 times a week) and tbh its giving me so much motivation right now although im sad. I want to be 35 pounds down by then, not sure if its possible but i want to show him he has made the wrong decision you know whether we could get back together or not idk xx

You can definitely do it! Whenever you are tempted by food just imagine the shock on his face as you walk into the room in January... That's what I'm doing and it definitely helps me LOL. My situation is a little different...I'm in love with this guy but to him we are just friends. I met him this August after being friends with him for a year online(he lives in Korea) It feels like there might be something there but my weight is getting in the way, not because of the weight itself but because I have no self confidence. He has told me before that I need to be more confident. And even if it turns out that if I lose weight he still just wants to be friends then that's ok-I will still have lost weight and will be happier with myself.

Back