Kingleds Food Diary - help needed!

It does!

Struggling to use syns today. Just made a big (2 portions worth) options hot choc - thats 4 syns. Not completely sure i'll drink it all though'

Office today. Shoukd be okay on the food front unless its someones birthday!

Brekkie: all bran, melon, pineapple & ff yog. Anyone got any ideas for other fruit i can buy which is cheap to have with brekkie? Not a massive lover of apples etc, and the berries are getting expensive now.

Lunch; leftover brown stew chicken ( haa onions & peppers in it) with rice & peas (which also has onions in) , follwed by an orange cos not convinced there's enough superfree in it otherwise. This also uses half my HEA as the rice & peas waa made with kara co**** milk.

Dinner: sausages (joes ones) mash (half hea milk mixed in) broccoli, carrots & cabbage. Gravy (2 syns)

Hey your doing really well! Just wondered what olive oil spray you use? You said a few posts ago that its 1syn for 4sprays? :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Office today. Shoukd be okay on the food front unless its someones birthday!

Brekkie: all bran, melon, pineapple & ff yog. Anyone got any ideas for other fruit i can buy which is cheap to have with brekkie? Not a massive lover of apples etc, and the berries are getting expensive now.

Lunch; leftover brown stew chicken ( haa onions & peppers in it) with rice & peas (which also has onions in) , follwed by an orange cos not convinced there's enough superfree in it otherwise. This also uses half my HEA as the rice & peas waa made with kara co**** milk.

Dinner: sausages (joes ones) mash (half hea milk mixed in) broccoli, carrots & cabbage. Gravy (2 syns)

"kara co**** milk" did it not go down well then? :D

Yeah Im missing the berries and stuff :( Yesterday I did mango, pear, nectarine and banana in my fruit salad. I like stuff that's kinda solid and waxy, not crispy and watery. Peaches are good too.

ermintrude said:
"kara co**** milk" did it not go down well then? :D

Yeah Im missing the berries and stuff :( Yesterday I did mango, pear, nectarine and banana in my fruit salad. I like stuff that's kinda solid and waxy, not crispy and watery. Peaches are good too.

Blimey - that'll teach me to try & post without my glasses! The kara stuff was perfect in the rice & peas. I use 800mls topped up with water & that was enough for 4 portions, so 1/2 a hea.

Had forgotton about nectarines. Love mango, but tend to eat in the PM with total 0% greek yog as a snack after dinner.

Where there's a will..... said:
Hey your doing really well! Just wondered what olive oil spray you use? You said a few posts ago that its 1syn for 4sprays? :)

Its the bertolli olive oil spray - it was in the mag a few issues back. I use frylight most of the time but some dishes really need the proper stuff i think.

I get the feeling today might be a weird food day. Got to work hungry. Didn't fancy fruit & didn't want to use any syns this early so have just eaten a pack of sugar snap peas, and have some slice green beans & ham in my bag to keep me going till lunch.

kingleds said:
Its the bertolli olive oil spray - it was in the mag a few issues back. I use frylight most of the time but some dishes really need the proper stuff i think.

Totally agree with you there! Thanks for that info. Will get some next time I shop! :)

Right - forgot to get sausages out for dinner so i'm defrosting some veg curry to have with rice. superfree wise its got carrot, onion, aubergine, courgette, peppers in it.

Syns wise - have decided to syn the coconut milk in the rice & peas (3 syns) then have 42g reduced fat cheese (hea) with 2 ryvita (3 syns) as a snack later.

Working from home today. Should be fairly easy to stick to plan as i don't have anything off plan in the house!

Brekkie: ommlette made with 2 eggs, mushrooms, slice peppers, 21g reduced fat cheese (1/2 a HEA) with 2 grilled tomatoes.

Baked salmon fillets (have 2 but will only put one on my plate) with homemade ratatouille (peppers, aubergine, courgette, onion, tomatoes)

Snack; couple of hifi light bars (heb) before the gyn

Dinner: 3 joes pork & leek sausages, with mashed potato (with 125mls milk 1/2 hea), broccoli, carrots,cabbage, 2 yorkshire puddings (5 syns), onion gravy (2 syns)

40 mins gym session done. Actually feel a bit sick. Pushed myself more than monday & managed to RUN for the first time EVER - okay, only for - minute at a time, but still progress. I WILL get fit.

Saw one of my OH's work mates in there who is about 12. He asks us why we were there - i said 'fear of my impending mortality if i don't' He looked a bit confused :)

Thing is, made me realise i started out on this whole SW thing for mainly vanity reasons (not beig able to buy nice clothes mainly) & now its far more about my health than how i look. Feel much better about the whole thing as a result.

Feel i may be aching tomorrow!

Hey well done Kingleds!

I can stalk you now I stumbled upon this diary.

Wel done on the health "realisation" - yes, vanity is only superficial, health is for life, (or is that a puppy - I get them mixed up). I continue walking in the cold, wet moors to keep fit and healthy but I also actually like it!

It would have been so easy to pack it all in having lost the weight. As you know the food is merely a part of it.

Way to go!

Steve

Thanks Steve! Am feeling it a bit this morning but not as much as i was expecting so i won't be put off. OH is feeling it a lot, but then he lifts furniture all day so he's already more active than me, & i made him go last night even though he was knackered already.

So, food plan for today is a bit sparse on the superfree cos its the day before pay day & i don't really have the spare cash to fill some obvious gaps in the menu!

Brekkie: melon, pineapple, all bran (heb) ffree nat yog

Lunch: Vegetable curry (potato, onion, courgette, aubergine, tomato)

Dinner: joes burgers x 2 (free), SW chips with 42g reduced fat cheese (hea), salad (this will basically be lettuce, cucumber & tomato as nothing else in!) 2 tablespoon ex light mayo for chip dipping! (1 syn). Hubby will have a roll but i'm trying to avoid bread as part of a little experiment to see if its the thing i should avoid (IYSWIM)

I am in the office today, so will inevitably get munchies at some point due to sheer boredom. Have some carrot sticks & sugar snap peas in my bag just in case.

Rest of my syns will be kept for this evening. Will see what i fancy but prob will have an options (2 syns) & a hifi light (3 syns) if i want sweet, or a ryvita (1.5 syns) with a tenny bit of cheese on it (3 syns). either way i'll be having about 6 syns today.

I've eaten my Dinner late - which was torture cos i have been starving all day. Now its really late & i can't imagine eating anything more before bed. Only had 1 syn!

Did you mean only one syn all day?:eek:

I've never had a vegetable curry. I really should try it, then can have it on a green day with rice rather than adding meat and making it extra easy.

Good luck with the bread experiment. I only have it as an integral part of the meal - usually a sandwich for lunch at work, or as toast. I never have it as an accompaniment (sp?)

Maximus said:
Did you mean only one syn all day?:eek:

I've never had a vegetable curry. I really should try it, then can have it on a green day with rice rather than adding meat and making it extra easy.

Good luck with the bread experiment. I only have it as an integral part of the meal - usually a sandwich for lunch at work, or as toast. I never have it as an accompaniment (sp?)

Yeah - 1 syn all day. I try to keep my syns for the evening usually, but this week i've been eating late & have barely used more than 5 a day. I have been munching on raw veg most of the day. That combined with veg curry, all bran & fruit has had some rather unwanted side effects!

Veg curry is brill & really easy. Onion, garlic, potato, then whatever other veg you fancy. Usually i chuck a bag of mixed veg in. Add a tin of tomatoes & some curry powder. Leave to simmer till the potatoes are cooked. I make a big batch twice a month & it makes 6 portions for my food flask.

Yeah - 1 syn all day. I try to keep my syns for the evening usually, but this week i've been eating late & have barely used more than 5 a day. I have been munching on raw veg most of the day. That combined with veg curry, all bran & fruit has had some rather unwanted side effects!

Veg curry is brill & really easy. Onion, garlic, potato, then whatever other veg you fancy. Usually i chuck a bag of mixed veg in. Add a tin of tomatoes & some curry powder. Leave to simmer till the potatoes are cooked. I make a big batch twice a month & it makes 6 portions for my food flask.
I hope you're referring to bad breath only:eek:

Anything else - keep it to yourself - literally;)

Back