Kirstys 1000-1200 Diary

Hope you're OK hun, sorry your ear is still bad. Looking forward to WI results :D

Im sorry Kirsty. Not sure what to say, but I have a feeling Im going to be in a similar situation.
Obviously stay positive, but I know thats hard. Keep posting though, hopefully some of the guys on here will have alot more to say than me.

:hug99:

Its so hard to stay motivated when its been two weeks now :(
Parents home saturday so as of then im going to try and up exercise go to more classes and also as of monday ear should be ok so Zumba on tuesday! From day parents home from holiday i have 1 month to my holiday im going to be so strict and i WILL lose at least half a stone :)
Can't wait for my kettleball to come and i can start using that too, going to do either 50 sit ups each night or 5 mins on twist and tone too as extra or bit of both each night see if it helps!!

Goodluck with your wi let me know how you do! Im considering just WI once a month again like i did last time i lost weight...hmmm

Sounds like you have got it all sorted in your head hun, which in my opinion is the most important thing.

Your plan for all the exercise is fab, and I really think you will loose that half stone for your holiday. I want to loose half a stone by the begining of August, so we can support each other. I am not letting this slow patch get the better of us. :D

The most important thing here is : DON'T GIVE UP!
Whenever your weight loss stalls, it's time to get into troubleshooting mode and figure out what's behind it. It is within your control and it is doable but you have to fight the instinct to throw in the towel.
Here are a few of my words of wisdom:
1)Find a good podcast that you can listen to for motivation (fat2fit radio or Ask Leigh are both really, really good and you can find them in iTunes or on the web). Fat2fitradio.com has a great BMR calculator and and their advice and information is the most logical and realistic you will find.
2)Check out changing up your workouts because you body adapts quickly. Start running short bouts in your walk and work your way up to a run. I started out dying at the thought of running but now I love it.
3) Also, take measurements and set goals for yourself that you can control (I will exercise X days this week or I will eat all my calories)
4) Undereating will not help you, especially if you want to gain muscle (which you do because it will make your metabolism more efficient and you will be more effective with your cardio workouts)
5) Finally (especially as a fellow woman) set your MFP log to track your sodium intake. Sodium in itself isn't bad but if I have too much sodium, it doesn't matter if I hit or am under my calories, my weight will stay the same or go up because of water retention.
Best of luck - rooting for you in your continued success!!!

The most important thing here is : DON'T GIVE UP!
Whenever your weight loss stalls, it's time to get into troubleshooting mode and figure out what's behind it. It is within your control and it is doable but you have to fight the instinct to throw in the towel.
Here are a few of my words of wisdom:
1)Find a good podcast that you can listen to for motivation (fat2fit radio or Ask Leigh are both really, really good and you can find them in iTunes or on the web). Fat2fitradio.com has a great BMR calculator and and their advice and information is the most logical and realistic you will find.
2)Check out changing up your workouts because you body adapts quickly. Start running short bouts in your walk and work your way up to a run. I started out dying at the thought of running but now I love it.
3) Also, take measurements and set goals for yourself that you can control (I will exercise X days this week or I will eat all my calories)
4) Undereating will not help you, especially if you want to gain muscle (which you do because it will make your metabolism more efficient and you will be more effective with your cardio workouts)
5) Finally (especially as a fellow woman) set your MFP log to track your sodium intake. Sodium in itself isn't bad but if I have too much sodium, it doesn't matter if I hit or am under my calories, my weight will stay the same or go up because of water retention.
Best of luck - rooting for you in your continued success!!!

Hey,

thanks so much for your inspiring words i know ill get there one day iv done it before ill do it again :) I will NOT be giving up!
I have bought a kettleball and im going to start using that, back to Zumba tuesday and going to start going to gym every wednesday and also keep up my 1 hour a day walking. Ill try more power walks as i honestly can't run iv tried so many times i breathe wrong and it just makes me worked up.
Iv also tracked to check sodium and im going to up water and force myself to drink at least 2-3 litres a day currently just have about 1 and a half!

Hey,

thanks so much for your inspiring words i know ill get there one day iv done it before ill do it again :) I will NOT be giving up!
I have bought a kettleball and im going to start using that, back to Zumba tuesday and going to start going to gym every wednesday and also keep up my 1 hour a day walking. Ill try more power walks as i honestly can't run iv tried so many times i breathe wrong and it just makes me worked up.
Iv also tracked to check sodium and im going to up water and force myself to drink at least 2-3 litres a day currently just have about 1 and a half!

I promise you if you stick with it you will get there. Your plan seems great too! Also if you're like me and can't hack the taste of plain water, buy some sparkling or generic litre bottles of flavored water. The bottles are cheap (like 70p for 3) and do help you drink more water as they've got a bit of flavour in them. Also no added sugar squash works wonders too :)

You can do it Kirsty!!! We're all willing you on!!! x

Well done on the kettlenetics, I did the first 10 mins and passed out in a heap on the floor!!! :D

You rock Kirsty!! :D

Hi Kirsty, sorry to hear about the STS, but well done for keeping going, it's so annoying when you're doing everything right but the scales just refuse to budge. I'd just like to add to what HH said, that it might be worth looking at your diet too, if I fall into a rutt of eating the same foods over and over I tend to stop losing, even if I'm still coming in at or under my calorie target. It's very annoying!

With the running, I'm no natural runner either (that's a gross understatement, I'm a terrible terrible runner), but personally I find it's the best thing for my weightloss and general fitness so I forced myself to try. What I did, and it really worked for me, was to go for long walks and add in small bursts of running, but start off really slowly, barely faster than a walk (most people give up running because they're trying to go too quickly and it's too hard), do a couple of 2/3/5 min sessions during your walk, then after a couple of weeks try to change it so that you're mostly running with a few short walks in the middle. Keep it really slow and don't up the pace until you can do 15/20 mins without walking. But the exercise ball and DVDs also sound great, so don't let me boss you around! But there's my advice on running for people who hate running just incase you wanted it!

Hey,

Thanks for the message, iv honestly tried everything wednesday walking home frmo work i tried to add some running to my walk home, from even just a few lamposts and was shattered and struggling to breathe i really am terrible! I may keep at it though as im determined to shift this weight!

In terms of eatting the same iv actually changed alot past few weeks so i dont think its that but ill bear it in mind for the future.

Thanks

Back