Kirstys 1000-1200 Diary

You look great hun :) I wish I could help you about being stuck. Try checking everything legomom said. I can't think why you're stuck otherwise.

Legomom said:
I can't see the diaries on MFP coz I'm using my iphone? But have you done a quick checklist?

Cal limit is right. (no stats put in wrong)

Exercise cals are reasonable for what you've done? I NEVER eat walking ones as I just don't believe I burn what MFP says I do!!!!

Weighed all higher cal foods like cheese pasta etc?

How are my nutrients pages looking? Are you within your fat/carb limits?

Also if you eat back a lot of exercise cals Maybe it's worth trying a week of not eating them all too see if that gets things going again !!!

Being stuck is horrid. I absolutely hate it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Checked cal list most days im at least 300 under on average i had one day i was slightly over

I eat like 100 my walking ones back some days but i never really eat them all back as i dont think it works if i do!

Im always within my fat carbs and sodium levels. I also always weigh any pasta rice and cheese which cheese i hardly eat idont really like cheese and milk!

Its just so frustrating tonight im doing 40 mins kettlebell dvd! I aint quiting just sometimes wonder whats the point when its not helping!

Thanks for the advice!!

Xx

I honestly don't know what to say. Maybe ask Caroline or Happyhealthy if they have any advice (they seem to have all the scientific answers).
You are absolutley working your socks off, everyday I congratulate you on all your exercise. Your diaries are spot on. I have just had a look back at some. None of this makes any sense.
Are you measuring yourself? Maybe you have lost inches?

Please don't give up hun, I'm sure that out of the blue the scales will be in your favour.
Are you feeling physically better and stronger because of all the exercise? We have to look at the positives so you don't get too down in the dumps hun. :D

Lot's of love hun xxxx

Iv not really been measuring myself but ill do it tonight and check next week i keep forgetting too but i dont feel that iv lost alot of inches or that really tbh!
Its so so so frustrating, im not going to give up im determined i will do it somehow!
I do feel a bit better especially my arms after using the kettleball thing now there toning up a bit!
Im just glad iv started using mfp as now iv something i can show doctor over a sustained time that im not, not trying i am very hard it just doesnt seem to budge!!
Thanks for your message :) dont worry i wont give up!
Im doing my kettleball later after work and been good all day in work it makes me more determined!!!

It's great that you have noticed you're toning up! That's excellent :)

Fingers crossed for WI :) it's nice to have a loss before you go away!! I bet your losing inches on the kettlebell stuff tho!! Which I think is BETTER :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

:D where are you going on holiday babe?

As for your STS, I can only suggest a few things. Sometimes we all get too comfortable in our fitness and dieting we become a little laid back with the rules that got us to where we are. Look at your MFP diary and see if you've allowed food portion sizes to get slightly bigger, your workouts to get a little shorter (or missed altogether) or if you have been sneaking a few more fun-size chocolate bars into the day than usual. You're food diary seems fine to me, but I can't determine if they're big portions/small portions etc. I can only look at what you tell me, only you know the ins and outs of them. It's the same with your exercise. You might be doing half an hour, but is it with the same intensity as it used to be?
For me, I never reached a STS for more than a few days but when I did, I cut my MFP recommended daily calories by 100-200 each day for a week or two. Don't do this if your caloric intake is already set at 1200 calories, which I think it is so if I were you I'd increase calories by 100-200 for a week and see how it foes. Remember, you may have to experiment a little to find out what works. This is where you're going to have to learn your body. Just because MFP tells you that you must take 1200 doesn't mean it's right. It certainly wasn't right for me.
I'd also take a look at your workouts. If you have been doing the same workout, the same way for the same amount of time for the last month or so, you can start to plateau. Like anything else, your body will eventually adjust to your current workout routine. You can do three things to most workouts: increase the amount of time you workout, increase the intensity, and/or change the type of workout/exercise. A 15-minute increase is all you need to reinvigorate the body and jumpstart your metabolism. Also, changing the type of exercise and the way you do them produces a major shock to the metabolism. If you do a lot of cardio, try addiing some weight training. And if you do a lot of weights like yoru kettle bells try easing off them for a few days and go for a power walk for 20 minutes instead., If you run on the treadmill all the time, do a couple of runs outside. Personally, I change my workout routines every six weeks and do a combination of cardio and weight training.
Then I'd recommend taking a look at your other activities. What are you doing beyond the exercise? Just a few tweaks during the day can work wonders. For example: taking the stairs at work or parking in the farthest parking space at work and walking to your office building. With the warm Spring/Summer weather, I burn an extra 400-500 calories a week cutting the grass :eek:
The fun part of this fitness journey is experimenting. Try incorporating some or all of the strategies above and see what happens. Give yourself a two week window in order to see some results. But like I said, this is your body, not mine so what works for me might not work for you but it's worth a try all the same :)

Good luck babe xx

Awww thanks hun for your reply!

Starting next week im going to add in a spin class or a legs, tums and bumbs class. Iv just started my Kettlebell last week or so but iv sts for three weeks now
L its so frustrating.

Im still eating the same sized portions that I started with, so no change there also no chocolate or that unless I count it. I learnt the hard way be sneaking a few, a few weeks ago and got a 2lbs gain haha which I now cant shift arghhh!!

As in for my walking etc I still walk with same intensity as I always race the person in front of me haha so still doing that, I walk about 3 miles a day – 2 to work and always go out a power walk on my lunch break. Iv started my kettlebell but Zumba iv had to miss for past month or so and now trying to get booked in its always full so im missing that so ill start that Tuesday and spin wed and see how that goes!!

I walk 4/5 days to work and just take car one day, walk my dogs every day so always walking plenty.

Ill try what you suggested maybe eating some fruit at night to up my calories a little!!

Thank you!!

I go to Marmaris on the 10th August
J, then away to Majorca in October and I WILL defo be a lot lighter come October haha!!

You will definitley be ALOT lighter by the time you go to Majorca hun, I know it.

Get yourself measured!!!!!!!!!! :)

Im having one of these always hungry days (periods due) always makes mee like this!! Soooo for lunch had a pasta in a cup thing and added two mushrooms totally changed taste and got me some veg and bulked it out a bit :) people in work looked at me strangely when i started to cut up and microwave my mushroom shaha!!!

Not as much fun as yours :p

Sounds like you had a great weekend. Don't worry if you were bad, it's not like you do it all the time. You have been so amazingly good these last couple of weeks. :)

Back