kizzib's EE food diary - comments welcome :)

kizzib

Right, my very first food diary eeek. Comments welcome as I'll probably make lots of mistakes!

Wed 11/11

B - 2 wheetabix with SS milk (HE a&b) with orange juice (1.5 syns)

L - lentil soup with a diet coke (free) plus apple

D - plan is for chicken with potatoes & veg (free) with a diet coke or water.

Snacks - water, tea, jaffa cake (2 syns). maybe choc chip special k bar later.

Last edited:
What about fruit??? There isnt a great deal here Hun and I would be starving!! and I've had a gastric band!! Lol.
Have a look at the other food diaries to give you some help and tips.

The Mint bliss Cereal bar is 4 1/2 syns on all plans, so is the orange and chocolate and the raspberry and chocolate.

LOL, I'm not a 'big' eater, I tend to fill myself up on chocolate but stopping that now. I might grab some fruit when I'm out at lunchtime :)

Much better for you Hun!!

xxx

Go for it kizzib! The important thing is to keep recording your food, whether you overeat or not. I've managed to lose well over two stone steadily by using a food diary, and I'm still going - so they definitely do work! You should aim to lose no more than 2lbs per week though you may find that in the first week that you lose more than this. But to lose 7 pounds by xmas is definitely doable. I know you can do it!

aw thanks for the encouragement. I'm really nervous about doing this properly because before joining SW, I was never a big fruit/veg eater and a total chocaholic so its going to take a while to get my head around it! I want to lose 7lbs for xmas but obviously more in the long term

Right today so far: 12/11 thursday

B - 2 boiled eggs, glass of water, glass of OJ (2.5 syns)

snacks so far - 2 teas with a little bit of milk (HEa) and a jaffa cake (2.5 syns)

lunch - eating out with friend/colleague and had hamburger (no bun or sauce) with chips - no idea of syns :(

Dinner - beef sandwich using HEb.

Last edited:
Friday 13th Nov

B - wholemeal toast (HEb) with flora extra light, mullerlight yoghurt, small glass of milk (1/2 of HEa)

L - cuppa tea (rest of HEa), covent garden asparagus soup 11 SYNS :(, 2 chocolate cluster mini bites from M&S 4 syns

T - I will have chicken stir fry made with sharwoods medium egg noodles - now this is definitely free LOL

I'm so depressed now! Normally I check syns beforehand but I didn't check the soup as I assumed it was free. I can't believe it I'm so mad :( I only had half of the carton though - do I count it as 11 or 5.5 syns then?

saturday 14th nov

B - satsuma, glass milk (HEa), pancake 3.5 syns

L - roast chicken sandwich using HEb, diet coke

D - steak with mccains skins on rustic chips 2-3 syns

snacks - might have some fruit tonight during x factor!

if u only used hafe the soup only use hafe the syns :) hate that when something like that happens when i first started i tried one of the green giant soups that i read somewere was a free soup only to look later and find it had about 7 syns and it was something i would not have had grrr

Sunday 15/11:break_diet::mad::cry:

B - bacon roll (3.5 syns), cornflakes (5 syns) milk (HEa)

L - chicken sandwich (HEb) diet coke

D - M&S breaded chicken goujons 6.5 syns, rustic chips 2 syns

snacks - kitkat 5.5 syns, apple

monday 16/11

B - apple, mullerlight yoghurt, glass of milk (HEa)

L - lentil soup, diet coke

D - (after WI so if I lose...) chinese chicken fried rice 9.5 syns, diet coke,

snacks - satsuma, freddo 5.5 syns

total syns today should be 15.

Try and eat more speed fruits Hun as well..you dont have to buy them fresh as they are more expensive..I have just discovered the frozen berries and pineapple etc and soooo much cheaper.

Good luck with weigh in later.

xxxx

I lost 2.5lbs this week :)

I've been good all day but having a 'night off' as a reward (chinese)

back on plan tomorrow and back to the food diary.

OMG its not even tea time and I'm too ashamed to write what I have eaten :( I've gone over my syns so so much. I feel so miserable right now but it's my own fault :(

right, back on track.

Thursday 19/11

B - 2 wheetabix (HEb) with milk plus tea using HEa milk

snacks - cup of highlights hot chocolate 2 syns bag of maltesers 9 syns carrot sticks

L - lentil soup with a diet coke.

D - pork chops with new potatoes. water. apple

supper - toast with flora extra light 3.5 syns

Last edited:
friday 20/11

B - scrambled eggs, strawberry mullerlight, cuppa tea using HEa

L - roast chicken sandwich (HEb) diet coke

D - steak with new potatoes, diet coke

NO syns whoo hoo :D

my feedback would be that ur working from the wrong direction, its all syns and very little free food. Try to make your main meals using plenty of free food and variety, then have syns in adition, rather than lots of your meal elements being syned. Also, always check syn value before eating, and try to find syn free/lower alternatives.
sounds to me that u need to plan out what you will be having so u dont fall into trap of grabbing something sinful or not having very much coz ur having little things with lots of syns. u'll enjoy ur menu so much more xx

saturday 21/11

B - mullerlight, apple, glass milk (HEa)

L - chicken sandwich (HEb) with diet coke

D - chicken stir fry using sharwoods dried noodles FREE

syns - too much chocolate :(

Sunday 22/11

B - mullerlight, satsuma, glass milk (HEa)

L - ate out at TGI Fridays - far too many syns :(

D - none (but had a pancake as a snack 3 syns and some strawberries)

bad weekend - fresh start today!

PS I do have veggies in my stir fries, I just dont mention them! (mushrooms and peppers mostly)

lost another 2lbs!

Wednesday 25/11

B - toast (HEb), glass milk (HEa)

L - going to subway (15 syns) diet coke

D - roast chicken & potatoes(free) diet coke

Last edited:
Thursday 26/11/09

B - mullerlight & apple & glass milk (HEa)

L - lentil soup with brown bread roll (HEb) diet coke

D - probably chicken stir fry with veggies & sharwoods noodles, diet coke

syns - might have some M&S cornflake clusters 2 syns each

Back