salad
chilli sauce
muller light

Fox's classic crunch biscuit (4 syns)
chocolate hobnob (4 syns)

milk (2 syns)

Seafood and chicken paella (1 syn)

TOTAL 14 syns

At a work do today and managed to just have two halves of cobs. Quite proud of myself because there was 'nuff lush food - samosas and sausage rolls etc.....clever me. Mind you, feeling very heavy, and according to wii fit have put on 1.6kg. What the hell's that about???

You asked me to have a look at your food diary and I did - and I really can't see anything wrong with what you're doing on EE: looks to me like you're following it pretty much to the letter!

The only couple of things I would mention are:

- 5 a day.

It looks like you're doing this a lot of the time, but missing it some of the time. Also, it might be good to mix up your 5-a-day a bit to help boost your metabolism? I know I eat a lot of bananas too, but maybe try some apples, oranges or pears? Berries are good too, although they can be quite expensive.

- Syns

You're sticking within the 5-15 limit, but there's quite a few days when you've had 14, 15, 10, 12 etc. If you're struggling to loose, one of the first things a consultant might suggest is watch your syns. Maybe it's worth always trying to keep it under 10 for a full week or so and seeing how you get on? If you fancy something sweet, maybe some free fruit or a sugar free jelly rather than chocolate?

- Wii Fit

You mentioned the Wii Fit a couple of times. Are you feeling more muscular? Maybe you're gaining some muscle which will certainly make you trimmer and make it easier to loose weight, but also weighs quite a lot. It might be worth taking your measurements as well as weighing yourself to see if you're loosing inches because of exercise.

You certainly shouldn't be gaining any weight eating the relatively healthy food that you are, so I'm a bit dubious about your Wii Fit showing a gain of 1.6kg (that's 3.5lb!). I reckon it might be a blip, mine isn't all that accurate sometimes, or maybe just a daily gain/loss at a different time of the day or something. You should show a loss overall in the week, eating like this.

If not, then you might have reached a bit of a plateau. In which case, try first adding lots of speed foods and if that doesn't help, check out the Success Express plan.

Good luck with it all,
Ste
x

Thanks Ste. I agree with it all, and should definitely invest in a tape measure.

I'd actually been thinking I hadn't eben eating enough syns, except for last three days, but maybe I've been having more than I realised. Will keep a check on it.

As for wii, yes I am feeling slimmer. Belts going down a notch etc, but not showing on scales. I know it should be how you feel not what you weigh, but that's easier said than done!

Well done on your weight loss. You must be feeling great!!! Jealous, me?

Thank you so much for your feedback!

K.

Tuesday 13th Jan

porridge (HXB)
golden syrup (2 syns)

mushroom soup
muller light

paella
muller light

milk (HXA)

TOTAL- 2 syns (+ stole food from kids earlier. 2 syns)

Total - 4 syns

Last edited:
Wednesday 14th January

Banana
muller light
syn free pancake
golden syrup (1 syn)

Jacket potato
salad
coleslaw (4 syns)
satsuma

sausages
beans
tomatoes
potato
muller light

crisps (2 1/2 syns)

TOTAL - 7 1/2 syns

Thursday 15th January

muller light
banana

mug shot
muller light

asda crisps (2 1/2 syns)

Alpen light (HXB)

milk

sugar (1 syn)

sausage casserole
potatoes
peas

alpen light (other half of HXB)

Friday 16th January

Banana
muller light

mug shot
muller light
banana

apple

fish pie (3 syns)
tomatoes

2xsmall chocs (4 syns)

sugar (1 syn)

milk (HXA)

Ryvita lights (HXB)

TOTAL 8 syns

Last edited:
Monday 19th January

Stuck to plan all day Saturday, then had alcohol and crisps
Stuck to plan Sunday except for Mum's magic syrup sponge.

Hopefully not too traumatic effect on plan though!

So...plan for this week - AVOID BANANAS, EAT 10 SYNS A DAY

Shreddies (HXB)
Milk (HXA)

Apple

Mug shot
Muller light
Apple

Omelette - with free sausage, peppers and mushrooms
Baked beans
potatoes

Walkers baked crisps (4 syns)

1/2 pint skimmed milk (4 1/2 syns)

brown sauce (1/2 syn)

milky way (3 1/2 syns)

TOTAL - 12 1/2 syns (by accident - thought crisps were only 1 1/2)

Last edited:
Hi Katherine. Im just catching up on posts as been ill for the past week.
Your diary looks fab by the way and I use the Wii Fit. There are some days when I weigh heavier than others by my Wii Fit age has dropped from 43 to 20 (Im 33) so must be doing something right! I only use it for 30 mins a day though and even just this little amount is enough for me to see the benefits. Even Hubby has commented on my butt being smaller, so a definite bonus!! Lol.
Keep at it and try to avoid the little pickings from the children, they soon mount up!

Kerry-Ann
x

Tuesday 20th January

porridge (HXB)

Golden syrup (2 syns)

mug shot
crisps (4 syns)
grapes
blackberries
muller light

milk (HXA)

apple

Potato
mince
peppers
mushrooms
onion
baked beans
light cheese (2 syns)
gravy (3 syns)

Muller light

TOTAL 11 syns

Last edited:
Wednesday 21st January

Melon

Milk (HXA)

Jacket potato
chilli
ketchup (2 syns)

Chips (8 syns)

tuna steak
boiled potatoes
salad

muller light

TOTAL- 10 syns

Right. After another good week, I've only lost a pound again. Do I have to accept that ee isn't the plan for me? I read someone else's comments that it was sometimes referred to as a maintenance plan, so I'm thinking should I switch back to red and green? I really like ee, and it doesn't hamper my life in any way. I don't particularly feel like I'm dieting, it fits with dh and kids, I like the food options....but I'd like to be shifting more than a pound a week really...

But a pound a week is 4 stone a year, so I'd be at target after 6 easy months...and presumably it would be much easier to maintain with such a slow, steady loss, and what is effectively a change in attitude to food, rather than a diet.

It's a dilemma.

I think I'm going to mix it up for a week and see what happens - 2 red (I don't like red), 3 green and 2 ee (on weekend). Hopefully, this time next week I'll have lost more than a pound.

Anyone who's surfing, I'd really appreciate your comments on this please.

Friday 23rd January GREEN

2 x alpen light (HXB)

mug shot
muller light

Freddo choc bar (5 1/2 syns)

apple

blackberries

crisps (4 syns)

sw chips
mushy peas
mint sauce

muller light

banana

sugar ( 1 syn)

Milk (HXA)

5 x laughing cow lights (HXA)

TOTAL- 10 1/2 syns

+ 20 minutes step aerobics

Last edited:
DAY ONE - MIXING IT UP

HXA x 2

HXB x 1

Fruit portions x 3

Veg portions x 2 (do potatoes count???)

Exercise - 20 minutes.

Good day? Yep-yeppity!

Last edited:
Saturday 24th January RED

shreddies (HXB)

milk (HXA)

Bread roll (HXB)
free sausages

chilli
salad
creme fraiche (1 1/2 syns)
half fat cheddar (HXA)
olives (1 syn)
salad dressing (3 1/2 syns)

muller light

freddo (5 1/2 syns)

TOTAL- 11 1/2 syns

Last edited:
DAY two - MIXING IT UP

HXA x 2

HXB x 2

Fruit portions x 0

Veg portions x 3

Exercise - 20 minutes.

Good day? I think so....

SUNDAY 25th January- EE

shreddies (HXB)
milk (HXA)

Beef
carrots
peas
leeks
mashed potato
roast potato (3 1/2 syns)
yorkshire pudding (2 syns)
Gravy (2 syns)

pint of lager (10 syns)

plum x 2

chilli
salad
jacket potato

muller light x 2

TOTAL- 17 1/2 syns

Last edited:
DAY three - MIXING IT UP

HXA x 1

HXB x 2

Fruit portions x 1

Veg portions x 5

Exercise - 60 minutes.

Good day? The lager has shot my syns for the day. Ordered a diet coke, but hubby clearly not listening to me and got the usual pint of lager. Disappointed in syn value. Gutted actually. BUT, it was nice, and it is Sunday, and we were out for a rare family lunch, and we had previously been for a 4 mile walk...so probably not that devastating.

im sure the 4 mile walk will have burnt away the pint no problems :)

Back