Lady A's Banquet

lolz eww sounds greasy!
im not a big fan of actual achaar because of the oil aspect but i like the taste of the achaar masala! when u get ur curries from nice restarants thats what they use!
I can see your a dhaal roti person! lolz i love me dhaal aswell!

Rotis make me sad, with all their stupid syns! We put oil in our atta aswell, apparently it helps the softness of the roti and they don't dry out so quick? If I try making atta without oil, my mother goes on a psycho ting! She asked me the other night, why rotis have so many syns but pasta and rice, which are made from the same thing, don't. I was like :sigh: I give up on you now.

Aish, you have to tell me what you say to your mum to motivate her! xxx

Rotis make me sad, with all their stupid syns! We put oil in our atta aswell, apparently it helps the softness of the roti and they don't dry out so quick? If I try making atta without oil, my mother goes on a psycho ting! She asked me the other night, why rotis have so many syns but pasta and rice, which are made from the same thing, don't. I was like :sigh: I give up on you now.

Aish, you have to tell me what you say to your mum to motivate her! xxx

I call her a motee mudge remember? lol! Me & my mum are always cracking jokes at each other like that but I think your mum sounds a little stricter so erm you could tell her that by losing excess weight she could avoid illnesses such as high blood pressure & diabetes (think of the insulin injections & and not being able to have her fave mitai). You could also tell her that she can avoid that aunty ji waddle walk when she's older if she's slim. Oh tell her my aunt had to have knee ops because of her excess weight and she was left in lots of pain after. Sorry hun I don't really know your mum so I don't know what tactics to use on her.

PS I'm scared to make roti because of the syns too :sigh:

have you tried achaar powder in your dhaal?? to die for!!!! totally lush!! Also if you are a roti person try whole wheat flour roti with no fat (3syns i believe) cook on the pan with water brushed on the top and grill the top half once the bottom is done... propper tandoori roti with achaari dhaal.. hmm *drool* yeh i know what im having on the weekend!

Hey hun,

The roti sounds great but I'm not too sure about the achaar powder as the first time I tried it was at my dad's cousins house and let's just say I've been put off for LIFE! lol! Although, I guess it's just her cooking skills as I remember going to stay at her house when I was little & I came back a stone lighter as I refused to eat anything she cooked....think I need to visit her again...phoopo ji mai aarahee hooon!!!! :8855:

Morning All!

Thursday 3rd March 2011 - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Apple, 2 slices wm toast (HexB) Latte made with 250ml Skimmed milk (Part HexA).

Lunch - Chicken spag bol with salad & fanta zero

Snack - Mini chomp & tea

Dinner - Roast chicken with sugar snap peas, brocolli, a few roast potatoes & gravy made without fat (2 syns)

Dessert - Frozen vanilla yogurt & melon
Syns - 2 for gravy + 3 for a mini chomp = 5 :)

Last edited:
Lol Val this really tickled me! I came on here to see how you were getting on and to let you know that I had a ' VAL' breakfast today which was a pear, banana & a milky coffee ;) I thought it would help me get my HexA out of the way as I've been having trouble with it. Sorry to hear you have been poorly. Sending you a virtual get well soon hug :hug99:

hi aisha thanks for popping in x i feel a lot better today but still no appetite so been having my milky coffees at least there's some goodness in them :) i see you had sharon fruit the other day what does it taste like have seen them but didn't really know what u done with them lol have a good week xx

I call her a motee mudge remember? lol! Me & my mum are always cracking jokes at each other like that but I think your mum sounds a little stricter so erm you could tell her that by losing excess weight she could avoid illnesses such as high blood pressure & diabetes (think of the insulin injections & and not being able to have her fave mitai). You could also tell her that she can avoid that aunty ji waddle walk when she's older if she's slim. Oh tell her my aunt had to have knee ops because of her excess weight and she was left in lots of pain after. Sorry hun I don't really know your mum so I don't know what tactics to use on her.

PS I'm scared to make roti because of the syns too :sigh:

My mother would not appreciate me calling her a motee mudge, lmao! She has dieted before, I don't think she's ever been over 9st though... She did WW for about a year and got to target, I think she's just conscious now because people are saying she's put on weight - which she is bound to have done because she's been in the house since November. I don't reeeeally think she's put much on, but then again, I do see her every day. It'd be easier for her to stick to plan if my sister didn't take the pishaab by being moody about eating 'diet food'.

This whole wheat roti flour business sounds good - but also like my digestive system wouldn't be able to handle it! I'd definitely be buying a bigger mug for my black coffees :p xxx

Pst - can you shove me in the direction of that sponge cake recipe? I was thinking about your Nutella cupcakes in my lecture, had a quick search on here for a recipe and there are lots of different ones but I want the one you used! xxx

Lady A's Nutella Cupcakes Recipe:

Ingredients:
6 eggs
2oz self raising flour
couple drops of vanilla essence
2 tsps baking powder
14 tbsp granulated sweetner
Method
Mix the eggs and sweetner and vanilla essence in a large bowl with electric whisk, beat until it triples in volume (about 10 mins)
Sieve flour and baking powder and fold into mixture.
Share between 24 cupcake cases and bake at 200C for about 10 mins (Keep an eye on them)

Topping:

Melt 2 tablespoons of Nutella in the microwave for 30 seconds and top your cupcakes with them.....Only 1 syn each so you can have a couple with a cup of tea or some ice cream. :)

Ingredients:
6 eggs
2oz self raising flour
2 tsps baking powder
Method
Mix the eggs and sweetner and vanilla essence in a large bowl with electric whisk, beat until it triples in volume (about 10 mins)
Share between 24 cupcake cases and bake at 200C for about 10 mins (Keep an eye on them)

Topping:

Melt 2 tablespoons of Nutella in the microwave for 30 seconds and top your cupcakes with them.....Only 1 syn each so you can have a couple with a cup of tea or some ice cream. :)

Cheers big ears! I have half cup :D

wow.. i had such a cravig for cake last night and i have all said ingrediants at home!! woop im getting my cake tonight!

Ingredients:

6 eggs
2oz self raising flour
2 tsps baking powder
Method

Topping:

Melt 2 tablespoons of Nutella in the microwave for 30 seconds and top your cupcakes with them.....Only 1 syn each so you can have a couple with a cup of tea or some ice cream.
:)

These sound so yummy! Definitely gonna give them a go!

Cheers big ears! I have half cup :D

Lol ju iz a freshie with half a cup! :D Ps check me out multi-quoting! :)

wow.. i had such a cravig for cake last night and i have all said ingrediants at home!! woop im getting my cake tonight!

Hope you enjoyed it hun! :)

These sound so yummy! Definitely gonna give them a go!

They are yummy and you can thank my mummy for the Nutella topping as it was her idea but I had break it to her that I wasn't going to use more than 2 spoons of nutella for all of them! :)

Morning All!

Friday 4th March 2011 - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Apple whilst cooking breakfast, 2 slices wm toast (HexB), Low fat spread (2 syns), boiled egg, Nas squash & cup of tea (with Part HexA milk allowance).

Lunch - Sainsbury's veg ravioli (2syns) & salad with NAS squash & a mini chomp (3 syns).

Snack - Latte made with remaining HexA milk allowance.

Dinner - Lamb & Potato Curry (1 syn for olive oil) served with cumin rice & salad & Fanta zero.

Dessert - Melon n ice cream

Syns - 11 :)

Last edited:
I just popped on very quickly to say...

YOUR SIGNATURE LINK WORKS! *high five*!

EDIT: And just popped back to say I cannot wait and therefore am getting the eggs!

HIGH FIVE!!

Good luck baking hun...I was gonna make some but decided to get a manicure instead :D

I'll see if I can make some in the morning ;)

Last edited:
I love you so much!

xxx

I love getting pampered. I want to have a nordic body wrap done. Needed the manicure hun....all this healthy eating makes em grow so fast & they get in the way when I cook. I had my falsies taken off at christmas so they're nice n healthy now...can't wait for summer so I can start having my pedicures done :)

Ps I'm soooooooo girly I've had a vanity case since I was 6 years old!

Pps lub ju too! :bananalove:

Last edited:
Morning All!

I've got a busy morning cooking today as it's my daddy's happy birthday and we're going celebrating round my gorgeous nan's house. I'm making Slimming world friendly tandoori chicken, cholay (pakistani chickpea curry), cumin rice, a big mixed salad & Nutella cupcakes for me to munch on when everyone else is having naughty stuff, plus there will be plenty of non SW friendly food their for everyone else. Here's my diary for today:

Saturday 5th March - Extra Easy

Breakfast - 2 Weetabix, sainsbury's 0.1% vanilla yogurt, apple & tea with 25ml skimmed milk (part HexA)

Lunch: Home made tomato, carrot & onion soup with salad. NAS squash

Snack - Latte made with remaining HexA allowance.

Dinner - Cholay, tandoori chicken served with cumin rice & salad. Some variety of diet drink.

Dessert - Melon & chopped banana

Syns - 0

Hope you have a lovely weekend!

Last edited:
hey hun!

hope u have a great day with your family!
if you get a mo can u let me know how u make ur choley?
lolz i fancy some of theat with boiled rice! do u used tinned stuff?

Back