Lainie's back and on a mission :)

Well, yes, It really is a great place to be :) Still cant quite take in that it's coming off, and when i was thinking last night, I realised that, with 5 to go to goal, if 1 lost has taken me down to an 18, then does that mean that 5 more will take me to a 12, or even 10??!?!? My sis is a size 8 (and has two kids, immediately going back to pre birth weight!) and I just felt that I was always going to be the podge one, but now I know that's not true, I will be small too :) I WILL GET TO GOAL!! Bring it on!! :)

Sounds like you're really motivated and positive which is great. I'm sure you will get to goal!! :D

Hope you're having a good day...and don't encounter anymore giant spiders! xx

Well done on the size 18 :D Plus excited for you about the possible proposal. I got engaged 3.5 months ago and I still gaze at my ring.

That spider sounds enormous. One thing I'm not looking forward to about my move! My friend's gran used to kill them with starch, apparently they just shrivel up.

hahaha

Thats not a big spider Lainie
this is a big spider
my Ruby
2eeef151.jpg

eeewwww Kally lol
Spiders climb up plug holes drains etc so water wont kill it,I never kill a spider although have your same phobia they make me want to be pyhsically sick,it goes like 'if you want to shive and shrive let a spider stay alive' in other words Never kill a spider as they do good work if you do you get bad money luck??? I never kill them and have no money lol ?????
Well done on the 18's I started at a 24 now im in the 16s but cant breath lol so I want to be in them september ;)
Have a lovely week and fingers crossed for the proposal xx

Well done on the size 18 :D Plus excited for you about the possible proposal. I got engaged 3.5 months ago and I still gaze at my ring.

That spider sounds enormous. One thing I'm not looking forward to about my move! My friend's gran used to kill them with starch, apparently they just shrivel up.

Cheers hon :) Oooh - think I may need to stock up on starch........... :p

hahaha

Thats not a big spider Lainie
this is a big spider
my Ruby
2eeef151.jpg

Kals, I think if I'd discovered that in my bath, I would have quietly backed out the door and taken myself out of the house, leaving the key for the landlord on the side.......

p.s I wasn't entirely sure if i wanted to thank for the post....that pic almost made me jump out my seat!! :p

eeewwww Kally lol
Spiders climb up plug holes drains etc so water wont kill it,I never kill a spider although have your same phobia they make me want to be pyhsically sick,it goes like 'if you want to shive and shrive let a spider stay alive' in other words Never kill a spider as they do good work if you do you get bad money luck??? I never kill them and have no money lol ?????
Well done on the 18's I started at a 24 now im in the 16s but cant breath lol so I want to be in them september ;)
Have a lovely week and fingers crossed for the proposal xx

Yeah, I know, water was the only way I could think of to get my mind motivated to try and get rid of it. I dont like killing them totally tbh, but I definitely can't go near them to pick them up and put them outside. If OH was there he would have dealt with it for me. And I would like to know how that one got through the plug hole...also if it didnt come through there where the heck was it hiding <<shiver>>

lol :) Hope you have a great week too.

I'm off up to QPR with OH this eve, so should be amusing... nice late night on a work night lol...I feel like a naughty schoolkid :p xx

Hello there, I'm so late getting round to everyone today! Well done on getting into the 18's, that's a fab achievement! Can't wait until I get there too :D

I hate killing anything too, I have to get OH to remove any beasties in the house (humanely!)

Have a good evening hun xo

Hihi, Hi Lainie - found ya! :happy036:
wow, well done on the 18! it feels great dropping a dress size! brilliant! you really should go and show your size18 a** off in front of your OH - bet you have that ring on your finger faster than you can say 'Jack Robinson' :giggle:

On an extra, last night was getting ready for bed and on my way out the bathroom, something caught my eye... there was probably the biggest spider I have ever encountered in my life in the bath... if u'd seen me around a HOUSE spider (i.e 2p piece, u would have an idea of the level of fear in me at the sight of one the size of my HAND!!!!!! AAAAAARRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!

I stood there for ages just frozen but then realised that i was going to have to do something, so went to the kitchen and grabbed the biggest tub i could find..stood there for about 10 mins trying to drown the flaming thing, began to realise it wasnt going to die by drowning and it was definitely not going to go down the plug hole...the fear develops further.....it was huge and kept getting up and trying to crawl up the bath...

Just as i was about to have some kind of heart attack, it curls into a ball .....quickly i managed to move it into the plug hole (with the assistance of water obviously....) and then managed to conquer it within the plug hole enabling it to go down.. I apologise to anyone who likes 8 leggeds , but this thing was HUGE!!! anyway, i lay in bed feeling like my heart was literally going to pump itself out of my chest.... I HATE SPIDERS!!!! :cry:

OMG! Not sure what is going on here but my friend just told me on the weekend of a huuuuuuuuge spider in their bathroom which her OH had to dispose of (I saw a pic - that really was huge, should've been kept in a terrarium or something -*shudder*), shortly after that (Monday to be precise) we had a huge (not quite as big as theirs but still) spider in our living room (and its gone now - no idea in which corner it is hiding now, but am not happy!!) and now you said you had one of those monsters in your flat as well!!?! How scary, this year seems to be the year of huge-spiders-coming-into-the-house.. I wonder why that is!!?? *shudders*

uuuargh.. have to think of something else now.. food?! fried spiders, stuffed grashobbers... yuck, this should take me off food really.. :p

Have a good one!!
xx

I just had a feeling Kals would post a pic of her giantic spider... I had my finger on the space bar to click past it quick <cringes>

My Mom used to have loads of spiders, mainly in the bathroom, but she heard of an old wives tale that if you put a conker in every corner of your room, spiders will not appear... And have to say, she has them in every room and hasn't had a spider since she has been doing it 2 years ago.

xxx

Really? That's amazing! I'll be putting conkers up everywhere :D

Hope you've had a good day Lainie

xx

Hello there, I'm so late getting round to everyone today! Well done on getting into the 18's, that's a fab achievement! Can't wait until I get there too :D

I hate killing anything too, I have to get OH to remove any beasties in the house (humanely!)

Have a good evening hun xo

I don't like killing things, it feels so mean, but spiders I just physically cannot live with knowing they're around somewhere.. thinking I might get some therapy or something .. need to overcome this fear cos it's horrible, and I know if i have kids with this I'm going to create that in them and I dont want to do that! lol...

Hihi, Hi Lainie - found ya! :happy036:
wow, well done on the 18! it feels great dropping a dress size! brilliant! you really should go and show your size18 a** off in front of your OH - bet you have that ring on your finger faster than you can say 'Jack Robinson' :giggle:

OMG! Not sure what is going on here but my friend just told me on the weekend of a huuuuuuuuge spider in their bathroom which her OH had to dispose of (I saw a pic - that really was huge, should've been kept in a terrarium or something -*shudder*), shortly after that (Monday to be precise) we had a huge (not quite as big as theirs but still) spider in our living room (and its gone now - no idea in which corner it is hiding now, but am not happy!!) and now you said you had one of those monsters in your flat as well!!?! How scary, this year seems to be the year of huge-spiders-coming-into-the-house.. I wonder why that is!!?? *shudders*

uuuargh.. have to think of something else now.. food?! fried spiders, stuffed grashobbers... yuck, this should take me off food really.. :p

Have a good one!!
xx

Hi Meike :) I cant believe how amazing it feels with one dress size down, I sometimes forget that I've still got more to go, feels so different already, so bring it on I say :) As for the ring..... bring that on too! :p

The whole 8 legged incident the other night left me petrified of going into my bathroom last night incase his or hers big cousins had come to seek revenge...actually almost expected to see my bath swarming with them... talk about paranoia!! lol :(

I just had a feeling Kals would post a pic of her giantic spider... I had my finger on the space bar to click past it quick <cringes>

My Mom used to have loads of spiders, mainly in the bathroom, but she heard of an old wives tale that if you put a conker in every corner of your room, spiders will not appear... And have to say, she has them in every room and hasn't had a spider since she has been doing it 2 years ago.

xxx

Oooh I need to find myself some conkers and smartish.......... :)

Really? That's amazing! I'll be putting conkers up everywhere :D

Hope you've had a good day Lainie

xx

Yesterday eve was brill...OH picked me up from work last night and we headed off to London to watch the footie... delay on train on way caused us to get to our seat 5mins before kick off..he was all stressed lol. They lost 3-1 but they played pants so I'm not surprised..he blamed it on the torrents of rain flooding down, I begged to differ (silently of course)...

But all in all it was a nice evening, we drove to orpington and then got train in from there, so on way home, we found a 24hr drive thru macs and at quart to midnight I could be found tucking into a mcchick sandwich... i was ravenous i could have actually eaten a horse and it's family.. Tho didnt feel too guilty as hadnt actually eaten since 12noon lol....

We both have a weeks hol next week and spent the evening working that out, so roll on friday at half 5 i say :)

Im in a very contented mood today, maybe it's just cos I had such a chilled evening last night, realised how much I love my boy, and can't imagine life without him, even if it means I have to sit through QPR....LOL :) Sorry, bit of a smushy moment there...... :)

WI at 1 today, and whatever the result (tho it should be good as I have been good :) ) i'm not fussed, cos Im in my 18's and the pounds are coming off. I'm gonna get there :)

Laters mini peeps :) xxx

Hello Laine
Good luck for weigh in :) hope its good.
Football mmm hate football my childhood was spent watching my brother play so have real boredom around it lol but glad you had a nice time :)
Have a lovely week off soon and hope you have a great week xx

:D Aww that's nice to feel contented and all that pink and fluffy stuff with the OH :D how lovely.
Good luck this afternoon with WI Lainie
enjoy the rest of your day chicklet

Hello Laine
Good luck for weigh in :) hope its good.
Football mmm hate football my childhood was spent watching my brother play so have real boredom around it lol but glad you had a nice time :)
Have a lovely week off soon and hope you have a great week xx

:D Aww that's nice to feel contented and all that pink and fluffy stuff with the OH :D how lovely.
Good luck this afternoon with WI Lainie
enjoy the rest of your day chicklet

Thanks guys :) I don't think I'd be doing this if it wasn't for the amazing support in here :) You're all truly fab, and an inspiration! :) xx

I report in post weigh in with 2.5 (that's an edit...oops, added an extra pound by mistake lol)off!!! Woo!!! That also gives me my second silver seven, a total loss of 16lbs!! :) So, so, so , so happy :) xxx

Last edited:
Well done Lainie! Brilliant! you're doing so well and 2,5lbs is a really good loss!
x

Thanks guys :)

Sorry I've not really been around today, will get round everyone's diaries tomoro (really need to get home internet sorted out!) works been a bit mad today, combined with the fact that I've not felt very well at all, been a bit of a busy week so far...and my brain has spent way too much time thinking about opportunities and how to go about taking them...... (I've come up with a mad idea that I want to find a way to either build or redevelop some existing site and create some kind of 24hr youth centre as we have nothing like that where we are, and the place we run from is stretched to the limit and there's still so much we want to do and offer... so the cogs have been very busy today....)

So yeah, just wanted to apologise and I'll catch up with all you lovelies tomorrow, I promise! :) xxxx

Back