Lasagne help

Discussion in 'Dukan Recipes' started by HanSpan, 4 September 2011 Social URL.

1. HanSpan

HanSpan Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.76%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I have a low-carb recipe for lasagne from a fantastic lady called mazzers on the MSE lowcarb forum which I cooked several times when low carbing and even OH was impressed. However the cheese sauce bit is a definitely no-no so I'm wondering what any of you do for that if you make lasagne. I have a vague recollection of a friend on low fat using possibly whizzed cottage or Ricotta cheese and eggs in some combination but can't find a recipe anywhere that doesn't include mozzarella and parmesan.

Here's the recipe with the cheese sauce ommited!

Lasagne Mazzers

minced beef about 500g
    2 cloves garlic, some basil leaves
    3" piece chopped leek
    [really naughly bits ommited!]
    tin toms 400g (12g carbs)
    270g courgette - 1 large one best

Fry 1/2 of the chopped leek, one clove garlic until softened, add tin toms and simmer til thickened, add basil and blitz to make sauce.

fry mince 1/2 chopped leek and clove garlic, when browned add sauce and simmer til tender.

Thinly slice courgette ( with cheese slicer) and boil in salted water for few mins, drain and cool.

make cheese sauce by [oh no]

layer mince, cheese sauce, courgette, repeat and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Makes four servings

180-200 for 20 mins.

Its fantastic (sufficiently so that someone like me who cooks once or twice a year made the effort more than once) but the cheese sauce really was OMG! when I re-read this now on dukan.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Dub07

Dub07 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(13.84%)
    Diet:
    Dukan - Cruise
    I made a bolognese bake last week topped with sieved cottage cheese and it was fine. One of my friends never bothers with white/cheese sauce for her usual lasagne - she always uses cottage cheese and (while it's not as nice as mine :giggle:) it's perfectly adequate. :rolleyes:

4. Jade25

Jade25 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(12.89%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Do u know if lasagna topped with natural yoghurt or quark would work? Wanted to do it tonight but forgot the cottage cheese!

5. chica1977

chica1977 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.17%)
    Diet:
    Was Slimming World / Now Dukan
    I reckon any low fat cheese like product would do the trick! Extra low fat ricotta? Quark? Extra light phili or other low low fat cream cheeses?
    I'm due to make a dukan lasagne today so will let you know how I get on .. I'm gonna use a mix of quark and cottage cheese :)

6. Vixx

Vixx Full Member

Start Weight:
    294lb
    Current Weight:
    218.3lb
    Goal Weight:
    179lb
    Lost(%):
    75.7lb(25.75%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting plus clean eating
    I made this last night and it was divine. Not exactly reminiscent of traditional lasagne but the courgette really works. I made the white sauce from the DD recipe book and added an extra light laughing cow triangle to it. Not that cheesy but it was enough.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.