Last 7lb and struggling!

Hi Ladies

Sorry I've been neglecting you this week, I mainly come on here when I'm at work or hubby's working late, well I finished work last Thursday and today is my first day back and hubby's on hols so I haven't even looked at a computer the last 8 days, we've been out and about every day (apart from one when I felt a bit poorly)

Good news first, last week I lost 2lbs :party0011:
Bad news, this week I put 5lb back on :cry:

I can't cope with holidays (especially not Easter ones that are full of chocolate everywhere!)

Anyway, I'll get back on track again now.

Very well done Nessie for your 2lbs! it shows we can have treats (sensibly) and still lose weight,

Sorry to hear you're still not feeling so good Kirsten, that's been hanging around for a while, hope your back to your old self very soon.

Good luck with weigh in tomorrow, how's your sister doing?

Hey Dawn! It's really good to hear from you, we've missed ya! Well that's good news on the 2lb loss, as for the gain I'm sure you'll be back on track this week and getting rid of it again :) Well yesterday on my own scales I'd lost 1lb but thats back on since having chicken fajitas last night, it's the tortillas that do it eh. Anyway I've not long had my first shake, think I'll have dinner and a shake for supper, maybe a tuna salad or something to try and get the loss going again.

Hope you're feeling much better Kirsten

Catch u both later x

P.S We should arrange to go into chat sometime and have a right good natter :)

Hiya :wavey:

Good to hear from you both. I'm feeling much better than I was, but still that cough just won't go away. Hubby has been bad as well, although not to the extent that I have been (he's obviously made of stronger stuff than me eh?) and he too has been left with a cough - so between us, getting to sleep is a nightmare, as one stops coughing the other starts :(

Saw a few more people at work today and they are all in various stages of either just getting ill, some off sick, and some just coming through the other side of it - that place is just a hot bed of germs :eek:

I've decided for the time being, at least until I'm back from Scotland and feeling better - that I am going to try to maintain my weight rather than try to lose anymore. I just look and feel a right mess at the moment (bad skin, ghastly pale, dark shadows around the eyes, and don't get me started on the hair :mad:), so I think its best that I stick to eating good healthy fresh food and enough of it to get back to feeling 100% and back exercising again, and then I'll carry on. I think I may have taken the healthy eating a bit far today though - with a bit too much Vitamin C, and now my tummy is letting me know about it! :sign0131::sign0131::sign0131:

Dawn: Glad to hear you lost the 2lbs. I'm sure now that you are getting back to normal after Easter, that things will even themselves out again soon.

Haven't seen my sis since I had everyone round for lunch two weeks ago, as I've been i'll since and I didn't want the baby to catch this. Spoken to her though and she says she's 'doing ok' but had one or two things that haven't been pointed ;). As she doesn't have scales she can't measure if she's lost or gained, and she won't go to WW without me so she's missed class as well. Not sure if we're going tomorrow - will see how I feel.

Nessie: Fajitas :eat: I am partial to M&S fajitas - absolutely delish. That slight gain will only be a temporary thing with the tortillas - it'll be off again in no time, just ready for your next weeks weigh in, and your after weigh in treat ;)

Would be good to have a natter in the chat room, if we can sort a time when we're all free.

Well, clothes shopping tomorrow :mad:, and I've just got an email from Next telling me they have a two day sale starting at 0700 tomorrow.....well thats just great - I had planned to go there anyway because I like Next stuff - but by the time I get there It'll probably be a rugby scrum and all the good stuff will have gone ( and I just can't face getting up at stupid o'clock in the morning to queue up). I was hoping for a leisurely browse as I'm not sure what size I need to buy, but I think its fair to say there won't be much of that going on :rolleyes:

Anyway gonna get off now, so catch you both later xx

Hey peeps,

well we had a day out in Edinburgh today, spent a while at the museum and it's funny yuo mention Next Kirsten cos I nipped in there and it was madness, but I still managed to snag myself 2 size 10 tops (without trying them on! Which I would NEVER have done in the past) Just tried them on just now and I'm dead chuffed!!! !!! Talking about colds etc DH was on fire last night think he has flu, seriously one touch from him through the night was enough to make me roast! He's starting to feel crap again now after feelin not bad earlier today so easy night in for him I think. I'm hoping I won't get it, I don't normally, seem to have a gd resistance to things like that so fingers crossed. Lol I've got one of my size 10 tops on just now and I have to say I'm feeling awfy braw! LMAO Not even taken the tags off yet, I suppose there's still doubt there that it'll fit fine lol.

Well I'm off, feeling chuffed with myself, not thinking about the chips, jam doughnut and baked tottie I had today and the creme egg that's waiting for me later tee hee. Bugger it, enjoyed myself today so that's all that counts, especially when I've only 3lb to go not going to deprive myself all the time!

Take care and yeah I'm around alot just now so I'm easy and can fit around you 2 for when we can chat xx

3 lb to go ... :character00238: :character00238: :character00238:

........... love it!! enjoy your last week!

Thanks sweetie! Well it might be 4lb after what I've had today lol but not stressing out about that atall, will just have to make sure I have 2 gd days before WI on Tuesday :)

Hi Ladies

hope you've both had a great weekend.

I was really good Saturday but then my hubby went out in the evening and I succombed to old habits and munched my way through the night :mad:

Sunday was a bad day too, I had 2 white chocolate and cranberry hot cross buns (warm with butter :drool: ) in the afternoon, then in the evening we went out for a 3 course meal with friends for the Silver Wedding Anniversary :sigh:

I have actually cancelled my appointment this thursday, (I just hope this isn't the start of a very slippery slope for me now) as I haven't made amends for Easter yet and it's the only day this week I've got off with Joe before he goes back to school.

I've also decided to stop the CD products as I've spent a fortune on them this year with hardly any weight loss because of all the extra's I keep having. whilst I was SSing and successful it was fine but just feels like a waste of money now. I may do slim fast for a little bit when my CD stuff runs out but I know I need to start eating 3 healthy meals a day really

good luck for WI tomorrow Nessie, hope you're feeling a lot better now Kirsten, did you make it to WI on Saturday?

I'll be around tonight and Thursday night for 'chat' if that's any good to you both.

Hey dawn,

I totally know what you mean about wasting money with CD, I've stayed the same this week, which is fine cos I've eaten plenty i shouldnt have, but have wasted about half a dozen packets really. Anyway, the plan is to get rid of most of that 3lb this week and be done with it and stop buying the packs all together as we are totally skint and can't really afford it let alone waste it! Talking of hot cross buns I've just had one hot with melted butter too lol.

For chat Thursday night is good for me, how bout you Kirsten can u manage that?

Just a quick message, hope you both hav a fab week and would be great to chat on Thursday :)

Hiya

Hope things are good with you both.

Sorry I've not been around so much lately - I've just feeling so down that I haven't wanted to come on Mini's - which is such a change for me as I love this site.

I didn't go to WW on Saturday. I knew I would have put weight on because I have been eating anything that takes my fancy just to try and get back into eating again after being ill. However, this coupled with the fact that I haven't been able to exercise has seen my weight shoot up to 11st :(. I know the exercise thing is just a temporary situation, and I think I'm going to try and do some gentle stuff tomorrow to get me back into the swing of things as I am feeling much better now (cough is getting less and less), but I just feel so ashamed and so miserable about the whole thing. I look in the mirror and I can see exactly where its gone on - and I don't like it one little bit. I love being slimmer, and suddenly I'm not as slim as I was :eek: I guess its a psychological thing as well - not being '10st something', and the fear of getting fat again - its a place where I never want to be again, and I will do whatever I can to ensure I never will. I'm just so scared of losing control. Maybe I've lost my way a little since finishing CD, but I said I would only do it once, and I mean it - so there is no going back. I've been back on track food wise since yesterday so I'm just going to go back to basics and take it meal by meal day by day.

On top of all of this, my hair loss shows no signs of slowing down and that is also making me really sad - I spend all day looking out for strands of hair that have fallen out and are stuck to my top/jumper. When I brush in a morning loads and loads comes out, and when I wash it I lose handfuls as well. Its got to the point where I'm scared to wash my hair because of the amount that comes out - I just don't know what to do, its quite frightening.

On a lighter note I had some success when I went clothes shopping and got a pair of 'bench' trousers, four new tops, a waterproof jacket for Scotland, some new slippers, bits of costume jewellery, and far more make up and toiletries from Boots than I'm prepared to actually say out loud - but lets just say my points balance on my Advantage card is looking very healthy ;). No success for me in the Next sale but I got a 'Little Miss Sunshine' t-shirt, some pink velour tracksuit bottoms and a cream/pink/lilac striped hooded fleece for my baby neice - she was more than happy with her new togs when I gave them to her, and wouldn't let go of the t-shirt!

I'll try to be around for chat tomorrow, think it will do me some good to chat with you both :), but I may be doing some last minute shopping for going to Scotland on Saturday - any idea what time you'll be on it? I've never used chat before so it should be fun - I'm guessing its a bit like MSN?

Anyway gotta go now as I've got to dry whats left of my hair :eek:

Speak to you tomorrow xx

Hey Kirsten,

I think we all have the same worries of getting back into old habits and it all hitting the fan but you'll get back on track and be totally fine I know you will! I stayed the same yesterday but ate far too much and today I've put on 2lb! Feeling totally bloated, not good at all :( Infact I've just had a hot cross bun for brekkie hmph and getting back into the whole go out for a cuppa and a wee cake thing!

I'm available for chat pretty much anytime tomorrow after around 4ish so whatever suits u guys.

Away to get ready and go out, suns peeping out so thats a good sign :) And I WILL NOT eat everything today! I bought enough shakes for 2 a day, plan is to try and get rid of that last 3lb, or atleast as much of that as possible!

Chat 2morrow x

Hi Ladies

Hope you are both well. Haven't had a lot of spare time the last few days to get on Minimins as I've been sorting out last minute bits for my hols. I've had to endure my least favourite task this week - clothes shopping - not once but three times :eek: because I've hardly got anything in my wardrobe. I've just been getting by with a couple of items for ages, which I intended to add to over the last couple of weeks with a 'shopping spree' (or for as long as I could stand it :p) at Easter. But because I was ill, i've only just managed to drum up the enthusiasm to shop (and that was because I knew there was a hol pending so I HAD to shop :sigh:) Anyway I've managed to get a few bits before I hit my boredom threshold:D (what a relief). I'm just finishing packing now and getting ready for an early start in the morning.

Dont know if I'll make it onto Mini's while I'm away. Last time I was up in the Highlands we used the internet in Fort William library- so we shall see!

Anyway hope you both have a good week, and Nessie hope you finish off that 3lbs!!!! Good luck xx

Speak soon
Kirsten x

Hey Kirsten,

I hope you ahve a fab time, it's lovely up here just now so hope it stays like that. I have put on sooo much weight this week!!! So for the next 3 days I'm ss'ing to try and get back down to the 10st 3lb. Just a quick message really, ahve a gd time and chat soon.

Have a fab time Kirsten :D

I'm having a terrible diet week, hey ho, start anew on Monday!

Had a couple of friends round tonight, got through 4 bottles of wine between 3 of us and I'm now polishing off home made sherry trifle, at the moment I don't care a jot, sure I'll regret it tomorrow though

Off to Alton Towers tomorrow so hopefully will get lots of walking in

speak soon x

Well I know the feeling Dawn, I weighed myself this morning and still 3lb over what I was on Tuesday!! Bugger! Anyway I'm kind of ss'ing today and tomorrow, hopefully most of it is water and will just come away, fingers crossed anyway, it's a frightening though of putting the weight back on, never want to go there again!

Anyway, hope you're having a great time at Alton Towers, loadsa fun there! We have snow here, and there was me telling Kirsten it was sunny and nice lol.

Chat soon x

Hi Nessie

we had a great day at Alton Towers but late afternoon the snow started so we left around 4:30 as it wasn't much fun then!

I joined the Slim Fast challenge for this month as I had intended to do slim fast but haven't really done much of anything for the past few days. I'm creeping up and just can't cope with the thought of returning to where I was. When we had the friends round the other night that I mentioned I was showing them photo's of our hols to Florida last year and my friend looked at pictures of me shocked and said 'weren't you a porker!' she said she hadn't realised at the time how overweight I was at the time until she compared the 'then' photo's and the 'now' me, I'll have to see if I can put some on here

anyway, I'm going to have some very strict days now and try to just get back to where I was

Hope you're doing ok

well I think I've managed to attached a 'fat florida' picture, just need to get a more recent picture sorted now

Attachments

• florida fat picture.jpg
    florida fat picture.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 33
Hey Dawn,

Well at WI on Tuesday there I put on 1lb, starting to head in the wrong direction now! Although I really thought I'd put on 3lb so was ok with the 1lb gain. This week I'm trying, not really succeeding, but trying anyway. That means I now have 4lb to go, just want it gone but also I need to sort my head out as I'm starting to eat the way I was before, which aint good!

Catch up later, hope Kirsten's having a good holiday!

Hi Nessie,

that's my fear too, sometimes I'll sit at night and just eat like the old days. I know this has to stop, I go mad a couple of days and then try and be extra strict for a few days to get off what's gone on, so although my weight's 'stayed the same' for a while it's actually been going up and down like a yo yo. I've got to sort this out.

At least 1lb isn't too far in the wrong direction and easy to pull back from for you

I'm so determined something's going to come off next week.

Not sure when Kirsten's back but look forward to hearing all about the holiday,

Have a great weekend

Hey Dawn,

Well I've had cake almost everyday this week and just tucked into some fruit and nut chocolate! Oh dear it's hitting the fan! lol. Was actually doing well today but was at a kiddies birthday party and had chips and cake, then went to visit sister and had tea and tiffin cake so thats cake twice today and chocolate, doing well arent I. Not managing to drink the water either, dont know why I'm doing it to myself but I have to sort my head out. Anyway tomorrow we're in all day sorting things and the house so going to try my best to do well, maybe have shake for brekkie and lunch and make lasagne for dinner with salad or something and jsut keep a bottle of water by my side all the time - thats the plan!

Hope you've been having a good weekend so far :)

Hi Nessie

hope you're managing ok today, Monday's are good days to get yourself back on track.. Likewise weekends are the worst for falling off the wagon.

Put the cake and chocolate behind you (hope you enjoyed them :D) and get tough with yourself for a few days (or until next weekend anyway).

Really at the stage we are at if we ate well Monday - Friday we could probably get away with a few treats at the weekend without it doing too much harm.

I'm chuffed to say I've had only 1 small blip (small bar of chocolate on saturday) since last Tuesday so I'm hoping for big things on Thursday!

Be strong and keep yourself busy

Hey Dawn, thanks for the support pal :) Been terrible the past two weeks with cakes and sweets! Anyway, get weighed tomorrow so fresh start, hope I've not put on weight again. Just been shopping and not bought anything bad atall so thats a good start lol.

Hope you have a good week aswell.

Good luck for your weigh in Nessie!

The main thing is, if you've gained due to some bad eating, don't let it get you down, it's not the end of the world and easy enough to get back on track with a bit of strong willpower.

I really need to 'even out' my eating habits, I feel I have a lifetime of watching what I eat ahead of me.

I'd rather that though than let it all spiral out of control again, I started CD at just over 12 stone and if I let it all go I'd no doubt be back in a year or 2 weighing 13 stone! I DO NOT want that to happen.

Have a good week :D

Back