Last 7lb and struggling!

Hi Ladies :wavey:

Well I'm back!.....and I've had a great time! First day back in work today and (a) I'm exhausted now, and (b) it feels like I've never been away:(......still only 7wks and 5 days til my next hol :party0019:

We had a lovely relaxing time and the cottage was fantastic. Only built at the end of 2006, so it was all very modern, very clean, and everything you needed (and some things you never knew you needed until you saw them) were provided. We're thinking of booking again for next summer. Weather was not too bad - a little colder than where we live, but hey when you've done ketosis cold, you're ready for anything :p

We were based in Ballachulish and ventured out to Oban, Fort William, drove up through Glen Sheil (beautiful) and over the bridge to Skye, went in a cable car up the Nevis Range about 2000ft to the ski resort and had lunch (didn't ski, but did have a little walk about in the snow - really sunny up there with the snow falling as well - lovely), and the views were totally amazing! Also went walking in the mountains at Glen Coe and fell in a burn :eek: as I tried to cross it and slipped on a wet rock. I ended up bruised all down my left side - arm, leg, and cheek bone as I banged my face on the offending rock .... I didn't know whether to laugh at the fact that I'd ended up soaked from the ribs downwards :D or cry at the shock and pain of my fall :cry: - still at least nothing was broken, I didn't knock myself out (which I've done before - but thats another story) and I didn't cut my face as the rock was smooth from all the water running through it - so I squelched and dripped my way back to the car and had a lovely hot bubble bath when I got back.

As for my diet - well I kind of relaxed things a little (quite a lot actually if the truth be told :rolleyes:) whilst away and had a great old time - I won't bore you too much but I'm talking cakes, cakes & more cakes (got into the habit of taking afternoon tea at this lovely cafe in Fort William that did monster, and I mean MONSTER :eek: sized cream scones), curry, steak, shortbread, beef olives, sweeties (especially tablet - yum), locally hand made chocs, whisky cake ..... you get the picture :cool:. However, I did take my Davina DVD and weights with me and did that a few times, plus all the walking in the mountains so it kind of balanced things out. So before I went away I'd reached the depressing heights of 11 stone, and I weighed myself when I got back (boy, did I miss the security blanket of hopping on the scales whilst I was away)..... and I was 11st 1lb, so I'm happy with that trade off.

I'm back in the saddle again today and I've decided I want to get back to 10st 7lb and see how I feel then. I've done my Davina yesterday and today, so I'm getting back into the old exercising habit that I wasn't able to do for a while because of the dreaded lurgy I had before I went away. I felt like it was all slipping away a bit before, but now I feel much more positive about things. I've got to crack on now with sorting out a decent bikini body for my hols in June ;).

Dawn: Your post where you say that you feel you have a lifetime of watching what you eat ahead of you really struck a chord with me. I totally acknowledge and accept that I will always have to keep a keen eye on what I'm eating, and keep up the exercise in order to keep this body. There is no way that I am going to just rent this slim body - it's mine for keeps (although I have to say, in my mind I still think of me as being 14st 7lb - its crazy but its going to take some time to get used to)

Nessie: Hope your weigh in went well today xx

Well tomorrow I'm off to the hairdressers after work - what a relief. I was supposed to have my hair done before I went away but my hairdresser got the sack and I ended up going to Scotland with messy hair :mad: So now I have dark roots a couple of inches long (classy) and my hair is STILL falling out at an alarming rate and is getting quite thin now - however there is also new growth of varying lengths all over, but this is sticking up all over the place, so I look a right state :cry:(I'm thinking Wurzel Gummage here :sigh:). I've decided I'm going to have my hair cut off to a long bob length (it's passed my shoulders at the moment) in the hope that it will give the illusion of thicker hair - fingers crossed.

Anyway gotta go now and sort my stuff out for work tomorrow.

Hope you are both ok, speak soon xx

Hey both, well I'm choked with the cold yesterday and today so feeling rubbish :( Put on another pound this week so thats 5lb I have to lose now! Need to update ticker.

Dawn: I totally know what u mean, I think I'll be watching what I'm eating my whole life and really dont want to go back to where I was either!

Kirsten: Sounds like you had a fab time (and an adventure in the burn so silly muppet!) lol. We often camp out at the Red Squirrel camp site up there. Can I ask how much the cottage was? It sounds really nice and would love to do that when our anniversary comes round. If theres a website I'll ahve a look at it :)

Well trying to be on track this week, been having too many cakes aswell, too many trips out to lunch etc! Having the cold I don't feel like eating much really, just having soup for dinner I think :)

Catch up soon, would be good to finally have a blether in chat! :)

Hi Ladies

I've managed 2lb off this week :party0011: about time there was some movement again!

I had my 'final' weigh in with my CDC on Thursday, even though I haven't been doing the CD at all for a while I needed a final official WI. I've said I'll keep in touch with her though and pop back for WI's if I feel I'm sliding. I had lost exactly 3 stone, starting weight 12st 3lb. She did my measurements too, I'd lost 6" off my hips, 7" off my waist and 7" off my boobies!!!!

I'm just going to muddle through my days the best I can, and try and concentrate on toning the flab up as much as the final 4lbs coming off.

Well, Kirsten, it sounds like you've had a great time and you sound so much more happier than you did before you left. Counting down the days till your next holiday already :D Mine's 3rd August :D

Have you gone back to WW?

Don't worry too much Nessie, just be careful of the slippery slope

I've had a couple of bad nights, Friday we had the inlaws round for a meal and I polished off a large bowl of crumble and cream as desert with some red wine later, then last night we had a chinese with friends so I'm going to try hard to be very good for a while.

Hope you're both having a good weekend xx

Hey,

Well done Dawn on your 2lb loss, excellent!! What weight are you now? I've had cake just about everyday!! Anyway being good today and drinking the water etc and going to do my best to do the same tomorrow then WI on Tuesday, its ridiculous that I had 3lb to go and now it's 5! Just been eating all the wrong things completely! Stopping that now tho, was looking at old pictures the other day and I looked terrible, never ever want to go back there.

Well back to the housework :) keeps my mind off eating if I'm busy and need to stay focused lol.

Catch you both later x

Oh Bl***y H**l had a really bad (good :D) night. I've eaten a box of maltesers and had 2 glasses of Bailey's, so much for being good:eek:

anyway I've worked out my food plan for tomorrow so all being well I should stick with it, I'm at a kids birthday party at tea time but I'm hoping to not go near the party food :rolleyes:

I plan to have;

small bowl of bran flakes with skimmed milk
slice of toast and reduced sugar jam
apple

home made butternut squash soup with a slice of wholemeal bread

low fat yogurt

WW meal with extra tenderstem broccoli

lots of water

Wish me luck :D

BTW I'm currently 9st 3lb Nessie

Hey Dawn, what height are you then? Well I didnt go to get weighed yesterday cos I reckon I put weight on again so going to be good this week and see her on Tuesday. Was doing fine yesterday but ended up in McDonalds of all places (mums suggestion) and had a double cheeseburger and small fries and a cuppa, wasted calories but back on track now. Should be good today as I'm out and about all day and at dentist in 1hr so wont be eating after that anyway :) Just had my hair cut at the local college and back after dentist to get my eyebrows tidied up and eyelashes permed (hoping that goes well!) might end up with right skinny eyebrows! Anyway it's cheap and we're skint just now.

Keep up the good work girls, chat soon x

Hi Girls

oh dear I didn't survive the kids party :( I was soooo hungry and lots of little nibbly naughty foods around me and I just couldn't resist :sigh:

Then yesterday I had a day out shopping (which I have to say I'm addicted to now :D) and ended up having cocktails at lunchtime and everything just went down hill.

Today and tomorrow I'm following an emergency detox diet which mainly consists of lots of fruit and salad stuff and then from Friday I'm going to follow the guideline calories to stay at the weight I am, which is around 1700 and just concentrate on exercise.

I'm going to walk to work everyday (2 miles 3 times a week), swim once a week (30 lengths - I started Monday), toning tables once a week and use my vibration plate once or twice a week.

Nessie, I keep fancying having my eyelashes tinted but never heard of having them permed! sounds dangerous!!! hope it goes ok!
I had a drastic haircut on Friday and have had a short 'pob' after having shoulder length hair forever, I like it but it means using my straighteners every day. I'm 5'2" by the way, so 9st 3lb sounds good but not really for my height. What height / weight ratio are you two?

Kirsten, hope you're managing ok now you are back to 'normality' after your hols. Keep 'checking in' so we know how you're doing

If either of you have any nights free for 'chat' I'm free every night for the next week apart from Saturday night. After 9pm's best for me though when Joe is safely tucked up in bed and out of the way

Hey Dawn, I'm 5'6" and am currently about 10st 5lb. Been doing not bad today had a shake earlier and just had dinner which was chicken pie potatoes and veg, feeling nicely filled up without feeling like I've eaten too much. I can chat most evenings aswell apart from Saturday, how about tomorrow or Friday night around 9pm?

Well gtg and sort some washing, nice and exciting!

Chat soon x

Morning!

Firstly apologies for not checking in - didn't realise it had been a week since I last posted, where did all that time go?????

I've had a busy week back at work and a bit of a stressy time of it with one thing and another getting me down - been suffering a bit of a crisis of confidence, feelings of which I would usually stifle with 'naughty' foods, only that's not what the new slim me does now - so I've been coping with that. After a night out at Frankie and Bennys with my mate having a good old chinwag I felt tons better. So after my weight peaking at a shocking 11st 3.8lbs I'm please to report that I am now back to 10st 13lbs.

I'm back in the dieting and exercise groove and its showing already - thank god! I've decided to aim for 10st 7lbs and see how I look then. I've got a natural hourglass figure, so I'm thinking too much smaller may just not look right?? I'm 5ft 4.5in so 10st 8lb is BMI 25. The lowest I've been whilst doing CD was 10st 7lb and TBH I think I looked a little drained. However my figure 'filled out' when I stopped, so I'm thinking 10st 7ish eating normally and toned may look different - I'll assess the situation when I get there. The goal is to sort out a decent bikini body for 6wks time :eek:

I've had my hair cut off to a short bob, due to the shocking hair loss I've experienced and it looks much better and thicker, and dare I say it, in the last day or two it would appear that the loss is slowing down - just as well really because I was fearing baldness being on the horizon :eek:. The only plus side to it is that my hair used to take forever to dry as it was long, thick and wavy (and typically I like it smooth, and straight :rolleyes:) now it takes hardly any time at all and I can blowdry it totally straight with out the aid of my trusty GHD's - I'd be lost without them ;)

I havent gone back to WW, at present I am calorie counting and using Weightloss Resources website, its a really good tool forwatching what you are eating and getting the balance of food group right, it seems to be working ok. Haven't managed to weigh my sister as she hasn't been to my house, I've been at hers or we've met in town. She reckons she's gained weight, but looking at her I think she's dropped some weight - we shall see ;)

Nessie: I like the idea of having your eyelashes permed, I use curlers every day so it would be nice to miss that stage out and still look wide awake - let us know how you got on. I also used to dye my eyebrows and lashes myself for ages and ages, then suddenly I had an allergic reaction to it and my eye area went all red, itchy, burning and swollen. Such a pity because my lashes and brows are fair and I look so washed out without make-up.

Dawn: Hope the emergency detox & exercise regime is going well - I struggle to fit in exercise sometimes, but realise its the only way to keep the weight down.

Re: going onto chat - I can't do tonight as I'm going late night shopping with my Mom, but I can do Friday evening if thats any good? Hope so

Well I'd better get on with the day now, hope you are both keeping ok, have a good day and we'll speak soon xx

Hi Girls

it's a date then, Chat - Friday 9pm - see you both there :D

Day 1 of detox went fine, but I was really drained last night and just wanted to go to bed by 7:30pm, only today to go then just watching calories for me.

I use The Daily Plate website which is similar to Weight Loss Resources I think. It's free to enter your food and you get all your calories and nutritional values of everything or you can pay and get extra benefits. I do find it a little fiddly as you need to know weights of everything you're eating to get the correct information and if eating out it's very hard to guess. However it's excellent for keeping you on top of what you're eating and to be honest I'm wondering how I'll eat (sensibly) 1700 worth of calories :eek: I don't want to be 'topping up' with rubbish

I'm having my WI later this morning and TBH the best I'm hoping for is to have stayed the same.

one of the weirdest things I find about having a new shorter 'do' is remembering to reduce the amount of shampoo I use, I can't get that right just yet and end up looking like a snow man with the amount of shampoo bubbles all over the place :D for me the shorter hair is harder work though, I DO have to straighten every day or it looks ridiculous, whereas long I could get away with washing and leaving it on a desperate day.

Food for yesterday;
fruit salad
2 rice cakes
2 slices ham
peach
fat free yogurt
jacket potato
large salad

Food for today;
Banana
Slice of wholemeal toast
Vegetable soup
wholemeal pitta bread
chicken breast
salad
4 new potatoes
fat free yogurt

So not your usual 'detox' as all the food is nice and easy to eat, it's just lack of coffee and snacks that are the difficult part for me. I tore it out of a magazine years ago and do it every now and again.

My 'exercise pledge' has gone out the window already, it was absolutely pouring down so I came to work in the car, then felt very disappointed with myself, especially as it's dried up now. I hadn't included exercise plans for my weekends so I'll do a step dvd or something on Saturday to make up for today.

Hey girls, looking forward to our chat on Friday :) Exercise doesnt exist to me right now! Need to get my bike out the shed and use it, it's lovely where I live so no excuses really! Been doing ok past 2 days so things are looking up for next Tuesday :) Only slip up was sharing a packet of rolos with hubby last night with a cuppa :)

Well we're about to have a fire in the Tipi with some friends so catch you both tomorrow at 9 in chat x

Hi Girls

I enjoyed our chat on Friday :D

Hope you've both had a great weekend.

diet wise I was doing ok, until I went out last night, only had 4 vodka and diet coke's but when I got home all I could think of was having a McDonalds breakfast the next day and told my hubby he had to go out for one first thing this morning.

Unfortunately he does as he's told and I had a double sausage and egg mcmuffin with a hash brown and cappucino :sigh: lunch was in Asda and I had a jacket potato with prawn mayo and salad, not too bad I suppose, then a roast dinner, followed by a feast ice lolly, so gone a bit AWOL today. got the munchies tonight too :(

should be ok tomorrow though, no exercise at all this weekend even though the intentions were there!

Hey Dawn

what are you like? Well I've been pretty good this week, was out for a meal on Saturday but apart from that I've been fine really. For some strange reason I'm really into oatcakes and cheese! Weird cos I couldn't stand oatcakes before lol. Maybe my taste buds are changing or something?

Really enjoyed our chat on Friday, even though I was well over an hour late! Sorry bout that :) WI tomorrow and got a wedding shower tonight so going to try my best to stay away from all the yummy tray bakes etc that are a nightmare on a plate for us cd'ers!

Kirsten: Hope you're doing ok, did u get weighed on Saturday? Did you get weighed on Thursday Dawn?

Well I'm chuffed :D Lost 2lb this week so thats me back down to 10st 3lb, if I can do that this week again then I'll be really chuffed :) Sitting drinking a shake and water right now and there's nothing to put me off track, plus we don't have anything in the house thats bad so no worries there. Bought 14 shakes to do me 2 a day but really doubt I'll actually use all that but the left over packs will do me next week :) Really really pleased!:party0049: 10st here I come!!

Hope you are both well and happy, chat soon x

Oh well done Nessie :clap:

Did you manage to keep away from the yummy food last night?

I went to a kids party last week with strong intentions and then failed miserably.

I did get weighed last Thursday and put 2lb back on AGAIN so I've still got 6lb to go :sigh:

I'm actually giving WW a go at the moment, I'm allowing myself 18 points a day and Saturday and Sunday off (but not being silly) and see how that goes. I'm not going to classes although I'm thinking of it as I'm a previous gold member but my goal weight then was 8st 10lb, although if you're within 5lbs you don't have to pay so that allows me up to 9st 1lb which I'm aiming for under that anyway. Just need to see if I can find the card, it was a VERY long time ago :D

As you are only 3lbs away from your goal you shouldn't really be using CD should you :confused: are you still having 2 a day? what plan are you on?

How are you doing Kirsten?

Hey Dawn,

I'm not really doing a plan to be honest, having 2 packs a day but eating aswell, having brekkie and dinner aswell as the packs and snacking on oatcakes and cheese lol not to mention the odd treat. Hope all goes really well with WW for you, I'm sure you'll do great :)

Hope you're doing ok Kirsten :)

Hi Nessie

glad to hear you are eating as well :D

So far (3 days!) WW is going really well. I'm keeping a food diary in the WW forum to help me stay on track, I'm actually enjoying it

hope you are doing ok

are you back on track with WW Kirsten?

WI day for me tomorrow so I'm hoping to have got that flippin 2lb back off that I put on last week :rolleyes:

:sigh: just lost a lb this week, still I'll be happy enough if 1 more comes off next week rather than going back on, I'm so fed up of yo-yoing.

The WW plan is going excellently, I'm not sure how having a full weekend off will effect it though. I've stuck to 18 points every day, plus I've done some form of exercise every day (mainly just walking) so it should be ok.

I'm out on Friday night and going to have a few glasses of wine so I'm not sure whether to eat really low points, 0 point soup etc and keep to 18 points OR whether to swap it with Saturday so I count on Saturday and have Friday off. I'll see if I can devise a food plan for tomorrow allowing 4 glasses of wine (8 points) and enough food with 10 points :eek:

hope you are both ok x

Hiya!

Hope you are both ok. As usual I'm having a manic week, and totally exhausted - there's just not enough hours in the day to get everything done!

Well I've had a pretty rubbish week as far as eating is concerned - far too much bad stuff (cake, cake and more cake :() and I'm just too scared to get on the scales. I'm calorie counting at the moment and have managed to redeemed myself today. However I'm off round my mates tomorrow night, and that usually involves naughty nibbles and a bottle or two of wine. I'm going to stay strong and abstain though, because I'm out again on Saturday night. It's my niece's 21st birthday, so all the family is out for a three course meal - oh dear :(, also I've had a cake made for her. Everyone in my family knows that birthday cake is my huge weakness so they automatically cut me a big corner piece (that way I get icing on two sides :D) - I'm going to have say my Mom's usual line 'just a little bit for me, please' ......it works for her, she's never been above a size 10 in her life (the secrets of slim people eh? ;) - must learn to think that way :rolleyes:)

I've been exercising every day, in an attempt to try and balance things out - but I really need to sort myself out, and stop all this faffing :mad:

My sister popped round the other day, and I managed to persuade her onto the scales. She hasn't been weighed since before I was ill and she was convince that she had gained. However she had lost 2lb - so she must be doing something right! She has had it confirmed at the hospital that she has an enlarged thyroid and also a growth on it, they are going to monitor it monthly for the time being and see if there are any changes.

Dawn: Well done on your 1lb off. Know exactly what you mean about yo-yo'ing, I'm right there with you bud!

Nessie: Well done with your 2lb off as well hun ...... and well done to you for sticking with the shakes for so long as well - don't think I could have stuck it out for so long.

Well I really enjoyed our little natter last week - we'll have to sort another time out soon to do it again.

Gotta go now, but I will try and make an effort to post more often :)

Take care & speak soon xx

Back