Last Half a Stone Challenge! any takers?!

Hope your mouth gets better soon, there's nothing worse than tooth pain. Have a goodnights sleep and it will feel better tomorrow.

Thanks girls

Feeling abit better today - the pain is much more manageable but I look like a freakin' hamster! Hope the swelling goes down before my nite out on Saturday, not too attractive! lol Managed a bit of fruit last nite and an apple chuppa chup! Today i've had some soft fruit again and may try some fish for dinner.

Hows it going ??xx

ps maggie, could you please pm me your address - finally getting round to writing them! loved your card - lol
Thanks for your card too Tara xx

managed some quorn sausages, butternut squash and salad tonight - ate on my good side - lovely to get some proper food inside me after yesterday.

Been cleaning the house all day with my Mum and I'm absolutely exhausted now. Probably over did it abit so think I'm going to have an early nite.

Chat tomorrow
xx

My water intake has been awful too Tara - only 1 litre per day if i'm lucky. Its so hard to drink the water in this weather.

Well, i was off sick today as still recovering from tooth nitemare. My godmother came over to see me this afternoon which was really nice.

Trying to wrap a few pressies - doesn't it take a long time?! Bloody hell, i seem to be wrapping and wrapping but not really getting anywhere! lol Haven't even started on ds's yet - most of them are hidden in the boot of my car! Think I'll leave them till xmas eve when he's gone to bed.

Busy day tomorrow - got weigh in at 9am and then off to work for a bit. A few errands to do and then collect ds from nursery after lunch. Then on to my Auntie's house for a pressie delivery and then round to my friend's house for some more pressie deliveries. Might try and fit in a visit to santas grotto as well if we can. phew!

Still writing the ol' xmas cards! nearly there......

Hows things your end?
xx

Hi hun.

How is the mouth hun? is it starting to feel any better? i do hope so.

I dont know what i hate more the wrapping of chrimbo pressies or the shopping lol
But it sound like you have tons to wrap lol

Gosh you are a busy woman tomorrow, just dont over do it to much hun after all your still recovering and it is supprising how much it takes it out of you i know having the one out wiped me out but you had both out in one sitting, so just becarefull ok , wouldnt want your run down for next week,

Thankfully my cards are done n dusted, but it seems a never ending task at the time doesnt it, i done a bit of a cheat tho and had done some in time for the wedding and got mum to dish them out for me just so as i could save on postage lol

Well I have had a good week since friday yippeeeeee except for water intake just cant do the normal 4 ltrsd at the mo with all the cold weather, but maggie has got me on to the green tea so have been having about 4-5 of those a day so hopefully that will help
I too have weigh-in tomorow a day early for me this week so fingers crossed it will be ok and fingers crossed i have lost some of the 3 1/2 lb that i had put on with my to crap weeks

xxxx

Hello my lovely

Congratulations on losing the 2lbs - that dropped off nice and easily, well done. Just shows you can be abit naughty and then make up for it without too much trouble.

I got weighed today and have lost another half a pound. Quite pleased with that, especially after my choccie blow out last Friday. I've also been having abit of ice-cream but think it was balanced out by not eating much on Monday and Tuesday (after my teeth were taken out)

Last night i had a bag of chocolate stars (they were ds's really!;)) and afterwards i really wanted to binge. BUT, i sat and thought about it and really questioned myself about why i wanted more etc etc, anyway i actually resisted and I was SO pleased with myself. I really wanted to have an evening where i had something naughty but that I had allowed for, and then to leave it that without going crazy. AND I did it!!!:D That is what I've got to work on now to keep at maintenance.

Got some cd shakes today from cdc. Having one every other day on average just to keep things ticking over. Not on the bars anymore due to teeth but will probably have a couple a week when gums have healed. Just going to gradually wean off the cd packs over the next few months i think.

Yesterday was a good day. Ds had nursery in the morning and I went in to work. Picked him up and then we went to see my Auntie which was nice. Then went round to my friend's house to see her kids - it was lovely to see them all playing together. Ended up staying for dinner (she made me a salad lol) while they all had pasta, garlic bread etc etc, then came home knackered. Was just clearing up when there was a knock at my door and it was my cousin, so ended up chatting for a few hours and didnt get to bed till pretty late.

ds at nursery all day and I've got to stay in for an Argos delivery. Can you believe I've stayed in 4 days and they keep coming up with excuses about why they haven't delivered.(sorry if i've told you this before!) Anyway, today they have promised to deliver so I've got to stay in. Going to wrap presents and catch up with paperwork.

Mouth is feeling alot better but still painful enough to be on the painkillers. Thought it would be better now:( Nice yellow bruise developing now!

Well, I've droned on enough now so I'll be back later to catch up

xxx

Hello hunniebunnie,

Thankyou
Well done for being so very observant hun and noticing my 2lb loss, tho did freak me out for a second seeing as i didnt post my weigh-in result ,but only changed ticker and updated list in sig. Two weeks worth of being naughty tho hun and a gain of 3 1/2 lb so i am still a lb up on what i was but am still very pleased that i have finally lost 2 lb of that

Well done you on being another 1/2lb down,
woo hoo congrats to you on resisting the temptaions last,and sticking to just the one bag of choccie stars

I am still getting packs from my cdc too hun, but mind you i did follow the 1200 plan this week to get me back on track after the 2 week blip, but i am sure i will still be getting packs to help with my maintenace too hun when i finally get to my goal weight when ever that may be, I so thought i would have been there ages ago !! but hay ho i will get there eventually

Hope Argos have kept there promise and brought you your delivery hun
I take it they should have got this to you b4 today? and no you havent mentioned it b4 huni

I have been out again today getting a few more crimbo bits, seem to have spent loads and dont seem to have a lot for it today!!!

Hope the bruise dont get to much worse !

any how must get kiddies there tea sorted otherwise they will start moaning at me!!

Catch up later hun

xxxxxx

what are your plans for xmas eating/drinking Tara? are you going to give yourself a few days off or be careful or what? I think I'm going to eat what I like at my xmas eve party and on xmas day but after that I'll go a bit easy. Haven't got another weigh in until after the first week in Jan so got a bit of time to catch up if i do put any on!

Well done for getting your last bits of xmas stuff - are you all done now? I've got a few last minutes things that I'm hoping to get tomorrow. Going to the town to get my hair done at 11.30am so hoping to rush round afterwards while my Mum has ds and get a few bits. Then I've got a friend and her kids coming round at 2pm for a few hours. Then I'll be getting ready for my nite out - champers all round!:) Not sure what to wear yet - maybe my sparkly dress again - its the only dress that fits!

Planning to get up early and hit the supermarket on Sunday morning so will try and not be too hungover;)

What are your weekend plans hun?

I am gonna give myself some time off over xmas hun, its my sis bday on xmas eve so she and her hubby and ds will prob be at my mums seiing as they live about 40 mins away so they eill stay at mums till boxing day afternoon, so we will pop rond to mums xmas eve she only 5 min walk from us to see my sis, them we will go back there xmas day then again go there boxing day so will deffo be eating and drinking what i want. Being so close to goal i think we have to have a near normal life and be able to have times where we eat/drink like normal ppl, if not i think this will only lead to us feeling very deprived and lead to mega binges thus result in all the weight and more being put back on, and i SO dont want that to happen, it taken me soddin long enough to get it off !!,
Then either thurs or fri my real father will be popping over with the step dragon so i will need to have a drink then lol
Then jan 1st i will deffo be jumping straight back on the cd wagon to get any weight gain off plus the last 2.5lb that stands at the mo!!

I have one more pressie to get and that is for my b-i-l, what we have been doing the last 2-3 yrs is a secret santa for the adults, me ,dh,mum,dad,sis,b-i-l, ans his sis, all our names get put in a pot and then we each pull one name out and bingo we just buy a pressie for that person that wasy it helps keep the cost down, so i will get that tomorrow, then at some point over wk/end I will help mum pop to supermaket to, to get some last min food, this year all three couples are contributing towards the xmas food so mum n dad havent got the huge shop bill !!
Oh and a weekend of wrapping pressies!!! oh joy lol

ooooo champers i so havent had any for ages,actually the last time was in feb valentines pressie from DH one of those small bottles you get a couple of glasses out of,
you will have to post a pic of you in sparlly dress love looking at piccies lol, i next to nothing to wear any more, and what i have got needs belting !!, think i shall deffo have to get some new bits in january

What will you be doing over xmas hun?? you spending it at home or round family??

Hi hun

Sounds like a busy weekend for you and a great christmas. I bet your Mum will love having all the family round. LOL about the "step-dragon":D

Thats a great idea for the secret santa, much better than everyone spending money they can't afford on gifts they don't really want!

I spent all yesterday afternoon wrapping, so glad I started because it took much longer than I anticipated. Still got bits to do but at least i got the ball rolling as it were.

I think your attitude re food/drinking is totally right for xmas. I had another little binge last nite and I think maybe I've got to let up on myself abit during the day so that I don't have the urge to binge during the nite. Last nite i had abit of ice-cream, treat size chomp and curlywurly (these i had allowed for in my cals) but then I had a chocolate orange bar and a toblerone (the smallest one you can get) - would never usually have those sort of bars in the house but due to xmas they were there and staring right at me!!!:eek: Think I need some bloody counselling!

Anyway, going to try and ease up abit now so perhaps that will help. If I feel myself slipping I'll be shouting at your for help! lol

Right, time to get dressed and get ds ready for dancing. Afterwards dropping ds at my Mums and then off to the town to get my hair done.
Expect i will pop back on here this afternoon.

Have a lovely day

xxxx

Just about recovered from my nite out now! lol Made a major mistake of having sambuca shots and got v v drunk:eek: At least i didnt feel like eating when i got home - was quite sick! It was a good nite though and we really enjoyed ourselves.

Went to Tesco last nite at midnite to do the veg shopping - omg what a nitemare- it was packed! It took us 2 hours to get it done. Had to queue at the tills for absolutely ages. Wont do that again next year.

Running abit behind today - feeling abit groggy but got loads to get done. Family coming round at 5pm so need to get the hoover out and make the place look respectable!

Hope you get a chance to pop in later hun
xxx

Hi hun
Hope you had a lovely christmas - hows it going? Are the kids still excited?!

I had a great christmas but boy did i eat! I ate so much rubbish, I gained 4lbs in 4 days! Yesterday my body had finally had enough and I ended up being really sick. I am sure it was due to all the crap i had put into myself during those 4/5 days-it must have been such a shock to the system! I didn't eat any "normal" meals, just snacked on biscuits, chocolate, cheese and crackers, crisps,sandwiches etc etc - i didn't even enjoy the stuff!

Anyway, due to my sickness yesterday i have now lost 3 1/2 lbs of that gain so lets hope it stays off! I'm going to take it easy with the food today as yesterday i only had 3 pears (couldn't stomach anything else) and then tomorrow I'm going to go back to calorie counting.

I'm seeing my CDC next Friday for a weigh in but think I might then just see her once a month to keep on the straight and narrow and keep on with the odd pack or two. I can't decide whether to calorie count or go on to the weight watchers core plan now. I'm abit worried that if i go on the ww plan i might start to gain as I will be able to eat alot of "free foods" - what do you think?

I'm also definitely going to join the gym next week. My mum said that she will look after ds if i'm not going to be any longer than an hour so that should be fine. Hopefully i can start there next week or the week after. Any new year resolutions?

xx

Hi Hun,

We have had a lovely christmas ,yes kids are still full of it,but hay we now have SIX kiddies in the house aaaarrrrrggggghhhhh !!! lol, (DH,picked his kids up for the week on saturday) roll on next monday (7th) when i can have a nice quiet peacfull house again lol

I have had lots of good food and drink this christmas, the other night i had to go to bed earlt as all the food had made me feel rough, and when i went for weight in last friday i had gained 5 1/2 lbs in a bloddy week OMG, so i have now 8 lb to shift to get to bloody goal, to think i was just a pound from goal at my wedding just a few short weeks ago
So as of the 1st jan (eeekk tomorrow) i will be jumping straight back on the CD wagon and will be holding on for dear bloody life and see it to the end, as i am sooo peed off now i so want ot be at my goal weight or just a a tad under and bloody well stay there and maintain it, really feel like i have been doing this forever now!! and starting to feel like i am never going to make it to goal but am goning to get my head down to the end now

I think now your at goal huni seeing your cdc once a mounth to keep you on track is a good idea,
as for the ww core plan i dont know hun but think i would be worried to about gainin from the free foods, when i did ww b4 embarking on my cd journy i didnt do the core plan purely as i new i wouldnt stick to it so done the points, but maybe give the core plan a go huni and see how you get on with it and just keep a close eye with how your maintaining hun

The gym sounds a good idea to hun,

as for new year resolutions, think mine is nail this diet and get to GOAL at long last lol

Happy New Year hunni xxxx

Hi huni
I'm still in festive mood as I've taken abit of holiday so I'm not back to work until Monday 7th - lovely:D

After my little stomach bug I managed to lose all the weight i put on over xmas plus another half a pound so i was very very lucky! I'm now at 8st 11lb which is great coz it gives me a few pounds to play with.

Bought a gorgeous pair of skinny jeans in River Island yesterday- they are grey with tiny flecks of glitter/silver in - size 8 - woohoo! Although I am trying to get a few new bits (as nothing fits)I am still apprehensive about buying size 8 clothes as I worry that they are only going to fit for a few weeks and then I'll be back to having to get a size 10 or 12 wardrobe! Its hard to change the mentality isnt it? You kind of think this is only going to be a "temporary slimness"!

Do you know that I am still suffering with my bloody gums? (have to say gums now that the 2 teeth have been taken out!) the stitches have almost all dissolved but an abscess has now come up again! arghhh. I am due to see the consultant again next Tues but i think i will ring them today to see if they think i should go back before. The pain is ok but it still hurts which cant be right-they were taken out over 2 weeks ago now.

Sounds like a full house for you this week! Are you going to get out and about much? I think ds and I are going to pop to the town abit later. Tomorrow I'm going to London to see Les Miserables with my Mum (her xmas present from me) so ds will go to nursery in the morning and then dh will pick him up and take him swimming. It will be really nice for them to spend some time together.

Well, better get on, time is passing fast!
chat later huni
xxxx

Here I am again - can't believe its been 2 days since i last posted on here!

Had my weigh in today and I was 8st 13 on CDC's scales (one pound up since last weigh in 2 weeks ago) and 8st 12 on mine so i was happy with that.

Decided I would be brave and not see CDC for a month:eek: so next weigh in is on the 2nd Feb. Got some packs but to be honest i haven't really had one for 3 or 4 days so i think i am gradually weaning myself off them. Been having a salad at lunch time instead which is probably a good way to introduce more healthy eating.

Which plan are you following at the moment hun?

Ds at nursery today and so I'm trying to clear up and sort a few bits out. Mum is on her way up to help me clean the house so better sign off.

Chat later
xx

hi ya huni

wow your doing fab with maintaining well done Jo

wish i was at goal and maintaing too it really seems to be taking me forever to get there, BUT get there i darn well will !! lol
Hope Ds had a great time at nursery and you managed to get your bits done around the house

I had weigh-in today and with it being only day 4 of restart i still managed to have a 2lb loss, am pleased with that as it has been totm this week

Been a mad house here this week what with having 6 kiddies in the house, but DH takes his 3 home tomorrow back to portsmothand my 3 go back to school monday, so will be back to normality yippeee lol
xxxx

Hi huni

You can get those last few pesky pounds off in no time at all sweetie - head down and focus!

I need to get refocused on the water - i have drunk almost nil since christmas - very bad! I am definitely feeling more tired and lethargic and I think its due to the lack of water.

Gone back on weight loss resources website today as I had done about a week or so without calorie counting but decided its no good for me! If I'm not counting and I have something naughty then I feel as though I have cheated and get all those feelings of negativity that go with it. If I count and know that I can incorporate a treat without going over then I feel fine and positive! Silly isnt it but thats the way my mind works! lol

Sounds as though you'll be needing a rest come Monday! Will be nice to get back to normal. I'm back to work Monday (dreading it, been so nice having time at home with ds) and I've got a few new things to try over the next few weeks exercise wise. Monday night I am planning on trying a Le Roc dance class - going by myself so will be abit scarey but determined to give it a go. If I don't like it then I'll try something else!

Sorry about the HUGE pic by the way - i cant work out how to resize or get my before pics on so until then I'm afraid you'll have to put up with a poster version of me! lol xxx

Hi ya huni,

Gosh i havent posted on our thread since friday !! oopppsss, where does the time go!!

Wel its now 3.30 monday after noon, and normality has resumed in the household, kids went back to school today so have had a nice peacefull house, yippeeee lol

DH's 3 kids were safely deposited back to there mother on saturday, but a ruddy long day for DH, was up at 5.20 him n girls left here at 6.40 am and he didnt get home till 10.10pm

AM doing ok with my restart, started back on the 1st jan so its been a week now, with a a lot of luck and keeping everything crossed i can be at goal by the end of the month

Your photos are great hun, you have done brilliantly, but you really dont look a size 18 in your b4 photo, you look smaller huni
I know what you mean re the water intake, i to find when i dont drink less than my normal amount that i become more lethargic and tired

Hope your first day back at work has gone well after your break
I have not heard about le roc dance b4, hope you enjoy it, let us know how it goes and what its like wont you

Anyhow kiddies are home from school and pestering for all sorts of things so i better sort them out, ho hum peace n quiet over till tomorrow !!!

catch up n chat soon

love Tara xxxx

Back