Total Solution LastEverDiet's last ever diet journal!

LastEverDiet

Silver Member
Right, today's the day and I'm feeling nervous! Have been so excited all week waiting to get started, while scoffing all my fave foods, but this morning reality has hit.... have had 2 pints of water, a green tea, and myy strawberry shake, and I'm hungry! Know that I'll only feel like this for a few days though and that fitting back into all my lovely size 14s (and even 16s!) will make it totally worth it!
Surprised by the flavour of the strawberry shake, quite savory! Nice creamy texture though and took a while to get through, so as I get used to it I think it will feel like a meal.
Anyway, my first goal.... get through today! And go to bed lighter tonight that I was this morning :D:D:D

Hi, I'm waiting for my first delivery today, but I'm not starting till Monday. I am expecting the first few days to be horrible but I think if we can get through them we can do it. Have u done a VLCD before? The results I'm reading from these forums are fantastic!!! Keep going and take one day at a time, u will get through it!

Welcome! I'm on day 5 and haven't really experienced much hunger. You can always split your shakes into two for the first week or so until you get used to the lower calories - that's what I did, and I definitely think it helped. I'm still splitting one of my shakes into two.

You'll be dropping weight before you know it. :)

Hi Shellie and Biochem!
Thanks for your posts, I didn't really think anyone but me would bother reading this!
Have got through the first day, split the soup (tomato and basil) in two as don't think I could of stomached the whole thing in one go - tell me, do you get used to the... unusual... flavours?!?
This is my first VLCD, today was strange not really having anything I would consider food, but I got through it! Was only really hungry in the morning, but felt a bit empty and realised how often I pick at food - no wonder I've got so much weight to lose! Had a couple of tiny slips today - was making my son's porridge and accidentally tasted a tiny bit testing how hot it was, whoops! Didn't even realise what I'd done til after :eek: Also added a half teaspoon of piripiri sauce to the soup as didn't have any tabasco and needed something to hide the taste! Will try harder to be 100% tomorrow... was maybe 99% today!
Good luck for Monday Shellie - is this your first VLCD too? Agree reading the stories on here is soooo motivating! And well done biochem for getting to day 5 - not long til your first week weigh-in and some evidence of your hard work!
Off to bed now (probably to dream about food!) ;)

Yep my first proper VLCD. Ive tried SW and WW but just cannot cope with eating food as I cannot stop!!! Lol thought I would try this, and once I've lost the weight I need start to slowly introduce healthy foods again. How much weight have u got to lose? I need to lose a minimum of 4 stone, but if I keep on losing after that, then maximum of 6 stone altogether which will take me to 10.8, I'm 16.8 at the mo and a size 18-20.

Well done for getting through your first day :D xx

Thanks Miss-G!
Shellie, we've got pretty much exactly the same to lose - I was 16.9 yesterday morning (16.6 today whoop whoop!:D) I'd like to get back into size 14s and then I think I'd be happy! Was 10.7 a few years ago after doing WW but couldn't really maintain that weight, so I think 11.7-12 is more realistic for me! I've tried WW and SW again recently but just can't get into it, the temptation to eat too much or 'have a little treat' that turns into 10 is just too much! I'm hoping that being on total solution will help me stay on the straight and narrow, and then like you I can gradually reintroduce healthy food - right now even a carrot stick would feel like a treat!

Hope day 2 goes well for u. X

Hi Lasteverdiet how has today been going?

Well done for getting through day 1 and hope today has gone well for you. I am sure you little slip ups won't affect your WI. I was racked with guilt when I licked some baked bean juice off my finger on day 2 but then gave myself a slap................a miniscule amount of baked bean juice is not going to make me put on weight!!!!!!!!! :)

Good luck- sounds like you are off to a great start!

Hey Lastever - i start tomorrow! excited as ive done exante before (halfheartedley) and the results are amazing, i also know that the hunger goes completely and you get a real clarity in your mind about food.

we have VERY similar start/goal weights and heights, will keep my eyes on you! :flirt2:

Hi all, thanks for checking in! Today was actually easier than yesterday, I think that getting through day 1 gave me confidence that I could do this! Also found the food tastier today - vanilla shake, toffee and raisin bar and mushroom soup, so feel pretty satisfied. Went to the cinema this afternoon to spend a couple of hours not thinking about food... I have a one-year-old and this was only the second time me and my OH had been out just the two of us since he was born! Am trying to think of lots of non-food treats I can have to keep me going, and will defo make the cinema one of them. Anyone have any other ideas? Its hard to find the time to paint my nails, etc, without my son needing something and it all getting smudged!
PrettyPaula good luck for tomorrow! Great to have some buddies starting around the same time to spur me on! :D

Day 3!

Woke up feeling much better this morning, still a bit thirsty but no headache... maybe ketosis is kicking in already? Had another sneaky jump on the scales - down 6lbs in 2 days! Know this is mostly water and the fact I'd had a huge meal the night before starting, but the good thing with exante is that there's no way you can only have 600cals and not lose weight, so its still pretty motivating! Will try to chill out and put the scales away after week 1 though, as I know I get disheartened when the weightloss slows down.
Anyway, looking forward to today, getting jobs done around the house and trying my chocolate shake for the first time!
Happy Sunday everyone! :D

Overcoming emotional eating

Read this in a different part of the forum and thought I'd copy it here to remind me!

1. Write it away
Next time you get a craving for a specific food, such as cheesecake, write it down in a notebook. Recording a food thought takes it out of your head.
2. Take two bites
Don’t deprive yourself of your favorite dessert. Instead, take two bites. The first two bites of any food always have the most flavor. After that, you’re just “feeding.”
3. Food becomes wasted
Stop feeling guilty about throwing away your kid’s other half sandwich or the leftover food on your plate. In reality, if you eat food your body doesn’t need, it’s wasted!
4. Set tiny goals
Stick to an exercise plan by creating repeated success. Set small, achievable goals. If you can walk for five minutes a day, then start there.
5. What do I really want to chew on?
When you crave crunchy or chewy food, think about what’s bothering you in life. Is it finances? Kids? Deadlines? Since eating won’t change it, try to cope in some other way.
6. Instant way to stop eating
When you’ve had a bad day and start eating nonstop, go brush your teeth. If you’re not where you can brush, eat a distinctly opposite flavor. To block a sweet taste, suck on a lemon wedge or eat a sour pickle. To block salty or spicy triggers such as salsa, reach for a stick of gum or strong mint candy.

7. No more cheating
It’s impossible to cheat with food. Cheating refers to something illegal or immoral, and food is neither of these. Instead, refer to your choices. “I made a choice to eat a cookie today!”

8. Eat in the presence of others
To overcome your patterns of sneak eating, make a policy that you’ll always eat sweets or favorite foods in the presence of at least one other person.
9. Small wins

Write down at least five things you did today that were small accomplishments. Before you go to bed, read your list out loud and tell yourself you’re a great success.
10. No more deprivation
Instead of feeling deprived or feeling left out, ask yourself, “What does my weight deprive me of?” Make a list of the things you’re missing out on by being overweight.

LastEverDiet said:
Woke up feeling much better this morning, still a bit thirsty but no headache... maybe ketosis is kicking in already? Had another sneaky jump on the scales - down 6lbs in 2 days! Know this is mostly water and the fact I'd had a huge meal the night before starting, but the good thing with exante is that there's no way you can only have 600cals and not lose weight, so its still pretty motivating! Will try to chill out and put the scales away after week 1 though, as I know I get disheartened when the weightloss slows down.
Anyway, looking forward to today, getting jobs done around the house and trying my chocolate shake for the first time!
Happy Sunday everyone! :D

Ur doing really well!!! I have had to warn my work colleagues that I maybe a little grouchy this week!!! How are u finding the products??? I've tried slimfast before and found them vile, but I've heard Exante are quite nice? I've ordered myself some ketosis strips off eBay so I can Monitor when I go into ketosis, otherwise I would have no idea if it's working or not. Going on my last meal out tonight before starting to mo!

Yeah I've bitten my husband's head off a few times this weekend, whoops!
Getting used to the packs, didn't think much of the choc orange bar on day one but had it again today and discovered it had got much tastier over a couple of days! I think the longer I go without 'real' food the tastier it will all seem! The shakes aren't very sweet at all, which is good as I don't have a very sweet tooth - so far found the tomato soup to be the sweetest thing!

Ooh, you reminded me, I bought ketosis sticks too! Might try one out now - definitely less headachey and less hungry today so might show something up?

hey there,

glad to see you have got through the weekend ok...a tough one for a lot of us! :rolleyes:

Did your ketostix show pink yet...always makes it a bit easier when they are I think! x

Whoops, I don't know if this diet is affecting my memory, but I forgot again! Its not like I don't pee every 20 mins ;)
Will report back soon...

Back