Late night munchies - help!!

Hi everyone :)
Apologies if I am posting this in the wrong place, I wasnt sure where to put it.

Basically was hoping to get some advice. I'm finding it ok sticking to the plan during the day but then late at night, I am sooo hungry. I try extremely hard to not give in but have slipped up a couple of times.

I think I am ruining all my good work during the day by having these late night snacks:cry:. For exampe I just had a mars bar (and not a snack size one!). Its so annoying!

I have tried eating more during the day but it doesnt seem to matter as I am still hungry again later. I have also tried distracting myself but this doesnt always work either.

Ideas please and I will be very grateful! :)

Try and keep a stock of free foods in the house that you can nibble on:

My favs are:

Mullerlight & Strawberries
Baked potato & beans
Meringue nest with fruit & yoghurt (2 syns)
Mugshots tomato
Tomato pasta n sauce
Low fat super noodles

Just a few suggestions!!!

Hth

Oh snacking is terrible for me to and it's worse if I'm hungry, so I eat big meals breakie lunch and dinner and then before I get hungry I'll have a piece of fruit and this stops the snacking for me most times. To avoid the eve snacking I save my HEX to have X2 alpen lights and that does me while I'm watching tv in the eve!

I agree with ally7997, i tend to keep my HEX's for the evening because once 10 o'clock hits i feel like i need to snack! For instance last night i had x2 toast and x2 alpen light bars while watching telly at 10:30 :eek:
Sometimes i panic about it because it feels like cheating, but im not eating anything off-plan - i'm just eating it at crazy times! :D
xxxx

Why make it hard for yourself by having things like full size mars bars lying around? You cant eat it if its not there!!

If you have an OH who is still eating junk, then make them buy their own stuff and keep it hidden from you. If your will power is weak, until it gets stronger the best thing is to entirely remove the tempation.

yup mandy296 is right i dont have anything that can lead me into temptation in the house

Hi everyone :)
Apologies if I am posting this in the wrong place, I wasnt sure where to put it.

Basically was hoping to get some advice. I'm finding it ok sticking to the plan during the day but then late at night, I am sooo hungry. I try extremely hard to not give in but have slipped up a couple of times.

I think I am ruining all my good work during the day by having these late night snacks:cry:. For exampe I just had a mars bar (and not a snack size one!). Its so annoying!

I have tried eating more during the day but it doesnt seem to matter as I am still hungry again later. I have also tried distracting myself but this doesnt always work either.

Ideas please and I will be very grateful! :)

I do exactly the same...good all day, get to around 6 and think ah, I'll start again tomorrow...I don't just have a Mars Bar tho I have takeaways! xx

Recently I have started having Jelly in the evenings - I make up a pint jug each night then have that setting overnight in readiness for the next day.... Hartleys Sugar Free Jelly at the mo is 4 packs for £1 in Asda - one sachet (remember the packs have 2 sachets on them) is only 2 syns for a pint of jelly!
Also I make snack bowls in readiness - in one I have fruit so all I need to do it go grab the bowl - no fuss!
If peckish also in evening I might make up a savoury rice, or make actifry chips, or have a yoghurt or two. Mugshots are free also on Green or EE likewise chips / rice.
Also get some egg noodles and boil these in water with oxo cubes dissolved - very yummy! again green or EE only. These take 4 mins!
Aniseed Balls are only 1 syn each and last ages, Cremosa Sweet Lollies are only 1.5 syns each, Sula sweets are usually 0.5 syn each but some are 2 for 0.5 syns - RESULT! ;)
Hope this helps?

Jill

jelly is a good idea. toffee alpen light dipped in toffee muller is LOVELY and sweet. I buy pineapple fingers and munch those. they are so sweet! I also kee those sachets of highlight hot chocs on hand as they are a good choc fix and nly 2 syns. curly wurlys are only 5.5 syns...

frozen curly wurlys take forever to eat. your jaw will ache too much to eat anything else lol xx

I can't eat at night 'cos it gives me severe heartburn so if I feel peckish I either have a glass of water or a slimline tonic. Quite often it isn't actually hunger but thirst. Give it a try. If it's not enough just have some fruit, or jelly if you need something sweet.

The Hartleys sugar free jellies have been reduced to 1.5 syns for the pack.

Denise

Green Lemon Tea with the Alpen Lights as a HEB does it for me. There is something about the green tea that keeps me full for longer.

Ooh... the jelly is a good idea! 2 syns for a pint.... I bought the little tubs at 1/2 syns in the past but they're too expensive.
Also diet coke is a god idea... I can't have caffeine at the mo (except odd cheat with chocolate!!) but diet pop still finds me up I find.. and gives you something to 'do' instead of eating.
Haha just make sure you don't have any huge bars of chocolate staring at you from the fridge when you go to open it to get the pop out..... If my hubbies got anything in there I make him hide it behind other stuff and I forget it's there

Some really good ideas here!!

I have a similar predicament but its when I arrive home from work - I'm ravenous, its like a switch being flicked!! I like to eat with OH and he doesn't get home til later and we eat around 7-7.30pm ish.

I'm trying to find something I can snack on during that time that won't fill me up too much but will get rid of that 'I could eat a scabby dead dog' feeling!!

Thanks for all the ideas so far everyone.

I live with my family (eight other people!), so not having any junk in the house is impossible! And I'm the only one on a diet!

I guess I'll just have to try and have more free food lying around instead.:)

Hey some like minded people lol SNACKERS woohoo i'm one of those! Think its a habit from when i stopped smoking afew yrs ago. I have things like -
fat free yogurts
thawed frozen fruit
carrot sticks n dips(ie HEA of laughing cow cheese/or philly)
syn free rice pudding
sugar free jelly(1.5 syns whole jelly)
if any HEB's left will have cereal, ryvitas with HEA cheese/tinned mackerel in tomato sauce, toast with jam(1 syn per 2 tsp). hifi bars, 2 x alpen lights, 3 babybell lights with pickled onions
and lastly if using syns i will have
velvet crunch (4 syns)
2 finger kitkat (5.5)
curly wurly(6 )
scan bran cake(syns vary)
1/2 syn roulade( leave out the baking powder and its free)
fat free sponge cake(9 syns the any syns if topping)
I work shifts as well so do eat at silly o clock a lot whether it makes a difference to my losses i don't know as its never consistant and can't pinpoint any bad times?

Some good ideas here. I nibble on cooked chicken mostly, really filling.

By the way, how do i thank someone in a post?

Back