S fruit salad

D pasta with sauce 5

S oaty bar 4 rich tea fingers 4

Total 12

I also did 45mins in the gym

Green day

B box fruit salad 2 choc weetabix 2 splash of milk

S satsuma

L baked potato small tub Philly light cherry toms cucumber gherkins 3 rich tea fingers 3

S cherries

D Thai sweetcorn soup

S fibre plus bar

Total 5 syns but that could change

Edit to add bag of be good to yourself crisps with my soup. 5 syns

Total 10 syns today

Last edited:
Weigh day today

B banana half a melon

S 3 rich tea fingers 3 syns

L scan bran with marmite low low cheese cherry toms cucumber carrot and gherkins followed by box of cherries

S yoghurt

D homemade mushroom soup 2 ryvita with cheese gefilte fish balls 10

Total 13

Stupid weigh in put on 0.5lb

Last edited:
Today so far

B banana alpen light bar grapes

L uncle bens Cantonese rice time (1) 3 crackerbread Philly light cucumber tomatoes box fruit salad

D no idea yet

Well yesterday didnt go according to plan at all as one of our beloved cats was put to sleep.
She has been ill for a couple of weeks but the vets couldnt pin point anything and yesterday she went to the pet hospital and they did further tests and she had multiple tumours in her stomach and elsewhere.

We are both heart broken and devestated so yesterday dinner ended up being

1 mini malteaser bunny
1 pancake with eggs and low low cheese
1 pancake with choc philly

I dont know the syns and I dont care

I did lose 1lb at weigh in for what it is worth

Rest of the day not gone so well.

WW wafer bar 4

D cauldron food Thai bites 5.5 salad Asda pitta bread oven chips 2

Still got supper to go

Saturday flexi syns

B 2 mini hi fi bars

L baked potato with Philly

D I went to La Tasca with friends I did not drink and I ate 3 slices of bread and oil some fried potatoes 1/2 slice Spanish omlette slow cooked veg in tomato sauce veggie spoonful of veggie paella and some aubergine with cheese

Result 2lb gain this morning !

hey hun just been back over the last week where youve gained 0.5 a pound. i hope you dont mind me saying but i think your undersynning and forgetting about bits that you are eating....also the first post i have quoted, the uncle bens rice pot things have changed syns (i think this is the same ones) they now start from 8 syns each. you also had a bad day (understandably) when your poor cat was put to sleep, so had lots of high syn foods, and havent counted the syns for, then you had a meal out which looks like it will be pretty high in syns, and i noticed on some of your days your guesstimating syns too and on some of the days your syns are at the higher end of the scale..but you dont seem to be eating substantial meals..theres a lot of soup, but maybe you need to be filling up on free food thats bulky to prevent you snacking and guesstimating your syns cos your hungry? perhaps include more eggs and potatoes at your meals..maybe jacket potatoes and beans with cheese for your hexa and a side salad for lunch some days? also are you having your healthy extras? hope you dont mind me saying this hun, im not picking, just want to help :)

Thanks Lou that helps a lot. I always need fresh eyes. I only had one uncle ben rice time left thank goodness and saw about the change of syns but I had completely forgotten I had eaten it !

Soup is always homemade and is usually really substantial.

I am including all my hexs but keep forgetting to add hex etc after stuff.

I do think those 2 stupid pancakes and La Tasca are probably to blame as it looks like I can't even get away with one syn over :(

Will keep plodding on

i am going to try work out the syns for the stuff you didnt count into your syns as i think you will be surprised how high they actually are hun

uncle bens cantonese rice time-7.5 syns

2 pancakes-8 syns

chocolate philli-30g is 4 syns not sure how much you had and if you wasnt weighing it its easy to have more than what you think

low fat cheese-4 syns per 25grams, or hexa-but depends how much you had

malteser bunny- 8 syns

3 slices of bread and oil-25g of fried bread is 6 syns-the slices you had will have easy have been more than 25g as thats a tiny amount of bread and you had 3, a medium slice of fried bread is 9 syns!! X3 is 27 syns

spanish omelette-this could have been free but was more than likely fried in oil-just 1 tablespoon is 6 syns, so if you count that as 6 syns, but i know from working in the food industry most places also put cream and butter in their omelettes, so possible another 3.5 for 10g butter and 3.5 syns for just 1 tablespoon of cream-so a possible 13 syns here

fried potatoes-potatoes free but obviously they will have been fried in a lot of oil-i think its best to go with the theory of chip shop chips or takeaway chips, takeaway chips are 7 syns per small portion, so depends how much you had

aubergine with cheese-aubergine free but these are roasted in oil then topped with a lot of cheese-oil 6 syns and cheese anywhere upto 20 syns as normal cheese is 5 syns per 25g and 25g is a tiny tiny amount, so anywhere upto 26 syns

veggies in tomato sauce-tom sauce could have butter or oil-3-6 syns

paella-the closest thing i could find to this was a vege paella from tesco, 200g is 4 syns, obviously you wont have weighed it so its hard to know how much you actually had but well say 4 syns

the total of synned foods you havent calculated for is 114.5!!!!
obviously these are guesstimates cos i dont know how big your protions were and its hard to know what goes into food when your out but even if you half this amount its still almost 60 syns extra that you hadnt even calculated for..i dont think half a pound gain for that is that bad at all hunni. hope you dont mind me doing that but sometimes its easy to think the stuff your eating is ok but when you actually look it up and syn it its shocking how high some stuff is, especially when eating out and things are laden with cheese, butter and oil. i hope this helps to explain the gain you had and you dont feel so bad now hun xx

Wow that is just shocking

The malteaser bunny was a mini one which I know is 3.5 syns

The cheese would have been my hex a or b as it would have been a green day.

The bread I know was three small slices but I bet I dipped it in a tablespoon of a oil

The pancakes were 160 cals each so 16 syns plus the bunny 3.5 plus the choc Philly 4.5 plus the rice time 8.5

= 32.5 and I had no idea as I blanked that day out .

What a horrible waste of a week and if you asked I thought it had been ok

Thanks again Lou xxx

thats what i mean hunni ive done it myself and been convinced i have been great then sat down with pad and paper and actually written everything down and been totally horrified at the amount of syns id racked up, i went for the max amount of syns that i thought it would have been but the cheese thing is a hard one cos they wont use reduced fat cheese and you get 2 hexas but thats still probably less than they used then all the oil and butter and sugar they like to put in things, which was the other thing i meant to say, the tomato sauces tend to have sugar in..i know cos i used to make tomato sauces and they put quite a bit of oil and sugar in them, its all these hidden things that add up. if you go out tbh your best bet is just steamed veg and ask specifically that they dont put butter or oil on them, jacket potato providing they arent coated in oil first, plain rice, fish or meat, curry-providing its not the creamy ones, they tend to be pretty low and lots of chinese dishes are low too. i know you like to eat out so maybe see if you can get that food directory that gives you lists of food at places to eat out and familiarise yourself with what is low syns and what isnt. its a bloody minefield at times though isnt it lol. i think its good to know where your slipping up as then you can rectify it, its when you dont know that the problem creeps in. also ask your c for some sas logs, i think they would really help you as i think that you guesstimate a lot of stuff and count stuff as hexas and hexbs without weighing (we all do it) but this i think could be tripping you up big time. go back to basics hun, weigh and measure everything, check syn values BEFORE you eat something and if your unsure go for the higher syn value rather than the lower one and hoping its ok (i too do this, or i give something a syn value that i want it to be so it fits in with my daily allowance haha-work that one out!!) and most of all try to relax hun, there is a reason why your not losing and i think if you started from scratch, wrote literally everything down before you ate it...yes its a pain but i think youll be surprised when you do this at the little bits you guesstimate.....and didnt eat anything unless you knew the syn value and haad weighed and measured it so it was definitely within your allowance i think you will have a good loss next week. im doing that this week, lets do it together, its a total pain but just thikn next week when we have a good loss it will so be worth it...and IF you dont get a good loss then i will kick the cr*p out of the scales for you hahaha

Hi Chica

I'm ignoring totally the days when you lost your lovely cat. They are a write-off!

I agree with a lot of what Lou has said. Perhaps you are undersynning the odd meal out and when you are doing EE it's hard to spot your 1/3 superfree at each meal sometimes - but that's difficult to judge from a diary without seeing piccies of the portions.

But I think the basic problem is that you aren't actually eating enough of the "right" food at times and having a fair amout of not very filling food - leading to lots of snacks.

I too eat a lot of soup - because I love it. But on it's own it isn't always that filling. I have it for lunch but I always have some fruit and yoghurt afterwards to fill me up and stop me snacking in the afternoon.

I also try to have one proper plated meal a day with protein, veg and carbs. And these do seem to be missing a bit from your plan from what I can see.

Carbs! Now I love pasta but I really have to limit this to about once every couple of weeks as this seriously bloats me so I hold onto lots of water. Just look at marathon runners - they overload on carbs before a race to get as much water into their body as possible so they don't dehydrate during the race.

How about trying to eliminate all processed carbs for a week and just stick to natural ones like boiled rice, beans, spuds, parsnips, peas and most root veggies.

Annya said SW claim that you can "eat until you are full and snack too" - doesn't work with me!

Doesn't work for me either chica. I soon worked out that a) I couldn't even think about snacking and b) had to do some serious portion control on green days especially on processed carbs like pasta.

Try to remember when you're writing your food diary try to indicate your Hexs as I don't think you are having them all the time. But then on other days going over.

SO
D homemade mushroom soup 2 ryvita with cheese gefilte fish balls 10

WOULD BECOME
D homemade mushroom soup 2 ryvita (HexB) with cheese (HexA) gefilte fish balls (S=10).

Like Lou said, I'm being really picky about some things but I do hope it helps. I think all of us who have, or have had, some form of gynae issues really struggle to lose weight. Hormones screw up our metabolism which screws up our weight loss ability.

:hug99: :hug99: :hug99: :hug99:
Now just draw a line over all that has gone and go for a healthy week - 1 meal at a time and see what next WI brings.

I love you both xxx thank you for taking time out to help.

I always weigh everything use recommended portion size and only buy the correct cheese etc.

I will jig around my diary to show hexs etc. EE I only do maybe once a week since I don't eat meat it isn't really worth it unless I want salmon with carbs !

I didn't know there was a SW eating out book as that would help me a lot. I only have the green and orange one will take a look at the website

I struggle with eating out as I can't have meat and veg and I am funny about fish as well so the options are usually cream or cheese laden.

Eating out is my downfall everything else is weighed measured or portion controlled.

I remember last time my c said to up my free foods ie rice potatoes eggs etc so will look at doing that.

B 2 Sharon fruit 1 satsuma activia yoghurt

S 2 mikado 1 syn

L 2 ryvita hex b
2 slices low low cheese hex a
Tomatoes onions gherkins carrots cucumber
Cheese mug shot 2 syns
Half an orange melon

S alpen light bar 1/2 hex b

D 2 egg omlette with mushrooms and onions with new potatoes light mayo 4 syns (will weigh out)

S mini hi fi bar 1/2 hex b

Total 7 syns planned

Just had bag of ww cheesy puffs 4 syns will try to do without the mayo tonight

Drinks 0.5 litre water
1.5 litre NAS
1 coffee

It was 11 syns as I had the mayo

Last edited:
Lunch

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120222_133900.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120222_133900.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 48
Green

B 2 choc weetabix 2 syns + hex b
Splash milk partial hex a
Banana satsuma

S 3 rich tea fingers 3 syns

L quorn bites 0.5 syns
Salad stuff
Thai mug shot 0.5 syns

S strawberries

D not sure yet eating out

Ended up in zizzi had the spaghetti pomodora which according to SW website is 3.5 syns will call it 7. It had a small bit of mozzarella so that is my hex b and hex a

S chocolate truffle 3.5

Total 14.5 which is an over estimation

Water 0.5 litres
NAS 1.5 litres
Diet coke
Half a cup of coffee

Last edited:
26853d1329917949t-lattes-diary-health-happiness-mainly-green-days-pictures-forumrunner_20120222_133900.jpg

Now that's what I would definitely call a GOOD 1/3 superfree.

Menu's for the last couple of days looking good. Fingers crossed it helps for WI.

conlou1 said:
ooh are choc weetabix only 2syns plus a healthy b? i didnt know that!!! i may have to buy some!!!

looking much better hun, keep going

Yes they are Lou

ooh are choc weetabix only 2syns plus a healthy b? i didnt know that!!! i may have to buy some!!!

looking much better hun, keep going

Yes they are Lou
It seems that everyone counts them as a HexB+2. But if you use SW online it says you have to class 2 biscuits as 8 syns.

Don't know what they say at class though. I'll check up with a few people as to whether they have enough fibre in to class as a HexB.

It has been in the magazine as well.

I know it isn't a tweak and it has been confirmed by slimming world.

I am pretty certain it is listed on the healthy extras on line.

Today extra easy

B 2 Sharon fruit half a tub strawberries

L tin tuna full box of salad 2 tbs (measured out) extra light mayo 2 syns followed by whole tub cherries and a yoghurt

D salmon mash made using rest hex a bisto cheese sauce granules 2.5 syns with cauliflower and broccoli

S mini box smarties 3.5 syns
3 rich tea fingers 3 syns

Total 11 syns

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120224_133949.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120224_133949.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Dinner

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120224_212155.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120224_212155.jpg