Laura's Diary - I'm back! :-)

Well done on the 1lb! So glad to hear the job is going well. You must feel so much happier :D

hey Laura - you've disappeared again! I know you love your job.. but STEP BACK FROM WORK AND TAKE A BREAK! (and have a kitkat! ..but only if its within your points :D)

My silly internet connection messed up again all last week...only just been fixed today. I have missed minimins and all you girls!
Job is still going well - although the chest infection got pretty bad and I had to spend Tues eve up A&E having a chest x-ray etc. Luckily the nursery are ok with it as they said most people get ill within their first month working with children. It's only just starting to clear up today.
Diet-wise had another STS this week but am not too upset about it as where I have been ill I haven't been doing much exercise and also it was OH's birthday on Friday so we had some friends round for a mini-party and then went out for a meal yesterday with his family.
Friday night was really good...lots of our friends came round and we all had a catch-up!
Apart from OH's birthday celebrations I have just been trying to recover and dosing up on medicine etc.
Will catch-up with everyone's diary later on, hope you are all having a good day! xx

Lovely to see you Laura, hopefully you will start to be immune to little germs soon.

Take care

M

Morning Laura, glad to hear you're doing much better. Well done on sts. Glad your connection is back on now, Im sure you were experiencing withdrawal symtoms from minimins...lol. Hope you have a lovely day and you get back to feeling a 100%.

Hello you, lovely to see you back and glad you're enjoying working still! Sorry to hear you've been poorly but pleased to hear its finally shifting! Well done on STS with all thats been going on this week. Take care xxx

Finally my internet is back up and running! :D
Had to get a new broadband box thingy and wait for it to be set-up etc!
Really glad I'm back :)
Although I'm doing a restart as of yesterday...had a really bad week last week so put on like 6lbs! Had to have another visit to the hospital about my chest infection and just felt really "meh" so spent days just comfort eating! :(
But have drawn a line under it and am back on the wagon 100%!
Yesterday was lovely as the nursery was shut so I got to spend the day with my friends in the snow! It was OH's day-off anyway so we walked to my parents to meet up with my sister and then met my friend half-way to her house and all walked back to ours. The whole round walk took like over an hour but it was so much fun. I nearly slipped a couple of times but was really surprised I didn't completely fall over! We had a huge snowball fight back at ours and another of our friends came round. We made such a cute snowman! I Love the snow! :D
Off again today as nursery not fully opened yet. Been cleaning the house today so hopefully get most of it done.
Trying to catch up on everyone's diary. Hope you're all having a good day! :)

Well done for getting back on track and glad you are feeling better now..make sure you wrap up well in the snow though!..Im wondering whether making my snow angel with no coat on might be the reason im ill now :D x

Oh you must be busy again, hope you are doing Ok and hope to see you back soon

M

Thanks for popping by M. :)

Have had a busy week but starting to get back into the swing of things after my chest infection. Worked longer days on Wed and Thurs (8:30-6:30) so felt really tired when I got home...pretty much showered, had dinner, and went to bed lol! Fri I didnt start till 11:30 so that was nice.
Still really enjoying it at work. Sometimes it's a bit hard as it can be such a *****y environment. Everyone has a little gossip every now and then but I'm not the type of person to spend most of the day talking about everyone else, and thats what they do there. I'm just getting along with everyone and doing my job really, so trying to keep out of all the *****iness.
Fri evening my sister came round for dinner which was nice as we didnt have a chance to meet up for a few days and I'm used to seeing her like everyday or every other day.
Yesterday my friend popped round for lunch and a chat which was nice. Then we went to our friends house for dinner and to see their baby (who we're supportive adults for). That was really nice, we played on their Wii, and I've never been on one before so it was really fun. Today another friend is popping round for a bit and then going to have a lovely bath and an early night I think. The weekends just seem to go by too fast!
Diet-wise...things have been going really well. Being back at work has helped me get back into a routine. Was naughty and jumped on scales yesterday and lost 2lbs, so hoping it'll stay the same for tomorrow morning! :)
Hope everyone else has had a great weekend! xx

Always a good idea to stay out of any b****ing - especially in a new job when you don't know who's on whose side yet!

An early night is always a good idea :D

x

WI day yesterday, the first one of my restart...lost 2lbs! Which I'm really happy with, have stuck to my points completely and work helps because its such an active job. Haven't managed to get to the gym but will be doing that this week.
Not much more to update so this is a short post. Will update more soon. xx

well done on your 2lbs off Laura - thats fantastic! :D glad you're still loving your job - i know about the *****iness.. think its all jobs where you have a high female concentration in a small area!

really well done anyway :) lovely to see you back too! xxx

Back