TS AAM Laura's diary!!

Yeah I've prob diluted it so much there's no ketones registering lol

lol, how many days does it take most people to go into ketosis? Tasha xx

I think three or four? That's how long it took me on Atkins anyway.

Oh god Joanne I truly hope I get into ketosis I would die if I hd to put up with the hunger all the time, how come you don't get Into ketosis tho?

No idea Laura. I used to have no problems but I think my body adjusted to the high level of carbs and it just doesnt happen for me any more.

The one advantage is that I dont get the bad breath so there is always a silver lining, lol.

Do you still feel really hungry all the time tho? I would be struggling if I couldn't get into ketosis. I'm banking on it lol. Kudos to you for sticking with it tho Joanne x

I do get more hungry than I used to when in ketosis but it could be worse. Peppermint tea comes in very handy when hungry - lets me kid myself on there is something going into my stomach.

Hi Teetie, I'll be joining you on Exante when they arrive, until then just watching what I put in my face and ensuring it's healthy.

Well done for all your hard work, remember to stay positive and I'm sure your target weight loss will come soon enough.

One question, where did you get your Keosticks (if that's how it's spelt) from?

I got mine from eBay xx

Im finding it much easier today, just woke up from a nap, had some dr pepper zero and even though I had my bar at 1400hrs I'm not really that hungry yet, compared to other days when I've been ravenous almost straight after my "lunch". All this extra water tho means i am up and down to the loo, hope it settles a bit before I go back to work as I can only really go in between patients and if we have a long appointment I have no chance. Got a day to myself tomorrow and don't know what to do. Shopping or a beauty treatment I dunno?

It does actually settle. When I first started drinking water I was never out of the toilet but now I dont go too often at all and I tend to drink a minimum of 6 litres every day.

OMG 6 litres! That's a lot of water, didn't I read somewhere that over four could be dangerous? You are truly an inspiration tho Joanne, sticking to it against all odds x

Nah its only dangerous if you drink it too quickly but Im spreading it over around 15 hours so its only about half a litre an hour.

Well I've just had my last pack, had two shakes again today it's becoming a habit, although I like the soups I really prefer the shakes, had a vanilla one it was uber creamy and lovely, now my stomach is gurgling for scotland! Prob thanking me for filling it. Def feeling a lot better today hunger wise, I think I can really stick to this!! Very much looking forward to my official weigh in on Saturday and updating my stats and ticker, will be very motivating and also looking forward to inspiring someone else reading my diary to start exante, it was reading all of your diaries in the first place that prompted me to start. Managed to make OH another meal, he had two sesame buns with butter, butchers hamburgers, cheddar cheese on top, lettuce and tomato and caramelised red onion chutney on top... It was so good looking I got him to describe it he said juicy lol and he also asked me to stop watching him and I didn't even know i was! Hypnotised by a burger! Anyway I survived another day, so I am happy x

Thanks Lucy! Been checking with ketostix but still not in the zone yet, just want to see that pink and I can relax lol glad the hunger is dissipating though, how you feeling?

I'm feeling good actually - slight headache this evening but that may be down to overdoing the log-splitting earlier! I haven't really felt hungry, I just hope tomorrow goes as smoothly :) Hope tomorrow is kind to you too x
My electric blanket and book are calling me :)

Yep I have mine on as we speak, enjoy x

Back