Laura's last EVER diet!!

Monday 31st Dec food diary -

Breakfast - 3 egg omelette, dash ss milk (0.5 syns), baked beans, brown sauce (0.5 syns)

Lunch - super free soup - carrot and swede, whole meal bread roll (hex B)

Dinner - starter - loaded potato skins (pots, laughing cow, low fat cheese) will possibly add bacon to these too, (hex a) BBQ sauce (0.5 syns)
Main - sirloin steak, sw chips, roasted bns, ketchup (0.5 syns)
Desert - this leaves me with 13 syns for desert, I may treat us to cheesecake

High syn day most likely, but it will be the first day I've been under syns/even made a remote effort to stay in control in over a week, so it's a start!! Xx

In fact, I will use 7 syns on one scoop of Haagen-Das ice cream! Yum!!! 9 syns for the day, looking good!! Xx

That sounds like a really tasty day!

Just spoken to oh and he has said he'd rather have carrots than bns, which is fine, still super free :) and I offered to go get cheesecake and he said there's ice cream there if we decide to have a desert!! To be honest I'm hoping starter and main will be filling enough, but we will see!

I'm going to have a bath now then maybe a nice muller light before I walk to the shops for the second time today (body magic!!!) am actually really looking forward to a nice night in with my oh after such a busy Xmas!! Xxx

Urgh- just used 9 syns on maltesers when my beastie came round!! So -

B- omelette, dash if milk (0.5syns) baked beans, brown sauce (0.5syns)

L- veg soup, carrots and swede, wholemeal roll (hex B)

S- maltesers (9 syns)

D- starter - potato, laughing cow light & low fat cheddar (hex a) - loaded potato boats BBQ sauce (0.5 syns)
Main - sirloin steak, sw chips and roasted carrots, ketchup (0.5 syns)

No desert for me tonight, however doubt I will want one after all that food!

Be happy to end the day on 11 syns!!

Soo hard getting back on track after Xmas!! Xxx

Well last night I ended up going over by around 15 extra syns due to a glass of wine and a few chocolates, BUT have decided to give myself the challenge of a 100% january starting today obviously, so I think my last little blow out was ok :)

Today's food has been

B- toast (hex B) marg (1.5 syns)

L - (main meal) duck in pancakes (12 syns) ginger chicken, no oil, boiled rice (1.5 syns)

15 syns today. Was going to have a few chocolates today, but I have had what I planned (15 syns) and refuse to arse up my resolution on day one haha!

Going to get ready and head out for week 2 day 1 of c25k in a minute, and have also just downloaded the 30 day shred onto my iPad, I'm wanting to do these every other day alternating between the two, and as each is only 30 mins a day I think this is achievable!! I am determined to see a big difference in my weight early on this year before my brother and 2 best friends get back from their respective travels which begun at the beginning of my weight loss!!

Starting the exercise routine today with 5 days left off work as I would like the aching to have subsided significantly by the time I get back to school on Monday! Woopwoop, feeling motivated guys, just need Thursdays wi out of the way so I can stop dreading the gain!!! Xxx

Went out for a run tonight, stuck to my 15 syns today, and am having my first chocolate free day in over a week - something which I would normally do hassle free, but since starting back on the wagon 100% today I've REALLY wanted chocolate... Stupid really when I had a ton of it yesterday!!!

Feeling good after my run... Although I have to say I most certainly was NOT feeling good during it haha!! However it can't have been too bad as at no point did I contemplate giving in...it can only get easier from here, and by this time next year I am going to be significantly fitter, and exercise is going to be not just a wannabe hobby but something that I am good at!! Xxx

The food I have planned for tomorrow is:-

B- 60g wholemeal roll (hex B) bacon, brown sauce (0.5syn), frylight fried egg (or 2) apple.

L- homemade quiche (eggs, fat free cottage cheese, onion) and roasted carrot "chips"

D- carbonara (pasta, low fat creme fraiche (3syns) bacon, Parmesan (hex A) garlic)

If hungry during the day I will have some homemade veg soup, or a muller light.

I am also going to do day 1 of the 30 day shred. Bring it on xxx

Heya! Just found your thread! Sounds like you are doing amazingly well done! :D I have just started the c25k as well...only on day 1 though, and day 3 of slimming world aha! Glad to see it really works for people! Did you see any weight loss at the end of your first week, or did it take a little while? :)
It will be great for your brother and friends to see you soo much slimmer! I lost 3 stone when living away from my friends, so when I came back they were all like WOW and its an awesome feeling!! :D Good luck with it! x

Hey Laura, i hadn't been able to find your diary for ages. No idea why. I'm delighted i found it again :)

I was the exact same as you over xmas hun. Totally indulged. I ended up gaining 2.5 pounds overall because on xmas eve my weigh in resulted in a 2 pound loss but i think thats just because it was morning time and my weigh in is normally 8pm. Then after xmas i had a 4.5 gain. So overall its a 2.5 pound gain. Hoping to have an excellent week now and lose about 3 pound!

Your last few entries reeeeally motivated me :) the potatoe skins sounds gorgeous too! I'm obsessed with BBQ sauce and cheese so that combo on a potato skin sounds so good!

Hope you enjoyed the cosy night in with your OH :) i agree that its lovely to do that after a hectic christmas
Xxx

Hey Laura, i hadn't been able to find your diary for ages. No idea why. I'm delighted i found it again :)

I was the exact same as you over xmas hun. Totally indulged. I ended up gaining 2.5 pounds overall because on xmas eve my weigh in resulted in a 2 pound loss but i think thats just because it was morning time and my weigh in is normally 8pm. Then after xmas i had a 4.5 gain. So overall its a 2.5 pound gain. Hoping to have an excellent week now and lose about 3 pound!

Your last few entries reeeeally motivated me :) the potatoe skins sounds gorgeous too! I'm obsessed with BBQ sauce and cheese so that combo on a potato skin sounds so good!

Hope you enjoyed the cosy night in with your OH :) i agree that its lovely to do that after a hectic christmas
Xxx

Hiya :) lovely to hear from you :) glad you enjoyed Xmas indulgence as much as me, I've got WI in the morning (usually wi at 7pm on a tues) and am expecting 2-3lbs on. Would like it off over the next 2 WIs as after tomorrow I weigh again on tues eve so doubt I could get it off in 4 days!! Xx

Heya! Just found your thread! Sounds like you are doing amazingly well done! :D I have just started the c25k as well...only on day 1 though, and day 3 of slimming world aha! Glad to see it really works for people! Did you see any weight loss at the end of your first week, or did it take a little while? :)
It will be great for your brother and friends to see you soo much slimmer! I lost 3 stone when living away from my friends, so when I came back they were all like WOW and its an awesome feeling!! :D Good luck with it! x

Hiya :) thanks for your lovely comments, I did week one a long time ago and it didn't hinder my weight loss, but I'm combining it with the 30 day shred this time (and planning on keeping up for more than 1 week haha!) so it may slow down for a couple of weeks. I don't ,ind too much so long as I see a difference in myself!! Xxx

Well, I have just complete day 1 of the 30 day shred, and again although it was difficult whilst doing it, I'm now feeling very pleased with myself :)

I know it's only day 2 of my pledge to a) have a 100% January and b) get fit or die trying, but I am feeling hugely determined at the minute and long may it continue!! Xxx

Welldone! I love the 30 day shred workout! I stuck to level 1 cus i have bad knees, and at first i was bright red and sweating, but after a while i could do it easily! :D Good luck with it! x

Thanks Hun :) there was a move called the bicycle crunch that I just couldn't do, so swapped to normal sit-ups, hoping to conquer them sooner rather than later haha! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yeah im sure you will it just takes time i guess! :D x

Food today so far has ended up being

B- muller light (before work out)

L- bacon, egg, sausage (3 syns) brown sauce (0.5syns) sw wedges, baked beans, apple.

Snack - brown roll (hex B) marg (1syn) bovril.

Dinner - carbonara - pasta, creme fraiche (3syns) bacon, garlic, Parmesan (hex A)

7.5 syns for the day, may have a little chocolate tonight if I fancy, for around 7 syns, will see! Xxx

Last edited:
I also had 3 cadburys tree chops for 7.5syns, taking me to dead on 15 for the day - 100% January day 2 DONE!!! Xxx

Been to WI this morning and I gained 2lbs; however I maintained Xmas week so 2lbs on over 2 weeks is pretty good!! Wanting to get it off in the next 2 weigh ins, one in 4 days then back to tues nights at 7pm as normal! Looking forward to getting back into the swing of things!

Have just returned from another look round mine and OHs first house together which we are moving into on the 1st feb! I cannot wait, it is gorgeous!!! Xxx

Have just tracked my weight loss for this week and I kid you not in 8 weigh ins I've lost 2.5lbs!!!! That is rubbish, if the gains I'd had (only small but all add up) had instead been maintains it would have been 5.5lbs!! Thought I was doing well over the last couple of months just losing a bit slower but looking at that has made me realise I need to get my arse in gear and sort it out, no excuses!! I need to lose 2lbs to get my 2stone award again and 3lbs to get below my lowest SW weight! Getting to 11st4 would show me an overweight BMI instead of obese for the first time in around 3 years...lots of little goals to work towards and a new determination too! Urgh!!! Here's hoping 100% January does the trick!!

Food today -

B- wholemeal roll (hex b) frylighted egg, 1 low fat sausage (1.5 syns) brown sauce (0.5syns)

L- super free carrot and swede soup.

D- lasagne - peppers (sf) onion (sf) passage (sf) tomatoes (sf) el mince (free) pasta sheets (free) fat free nat yog (free) garlic (sf) Parmesan (Hex A) +sw paprika wedges.

Back