Laura's Low Carb Diary

MCT--medium chain triglycerides--are fats that are naturally found in coconut and palm kernel oil. MCT's are more easily and rapidly digested than other types of fats, as they require lower amounts of enzymes and bile acids for intestinal absorption. MCT's are metabolized very quickly in the liver and are reported to encourage an increase in energy expenditure, while decreasing fat storage. Numerous studies suggest that substituting MCT Oil for other fats in a healthy diet may therefore help to support healthy weight and body composition.

MCTs do not cause weight gain because they stimulate thermogenesis (the process in which the body generates energy, or heat, by increasing its normal metabolic, fat-burning rate). A thermogenic diet, which is high in medium-chain triglycerides, has been proposed as a type of weight loss regime.

Dietary medium-chain triacylglycerols suppress accumulation of body fat in a double-blind, controlled trial in healthy men and women.

Enhanced thermogenesis and diminished deposition of fat in response to overfeeding with diet containing medium chain triglyceride.

The role of oils containing triacylglycerols and medium-chain fatty acids in the dietary treatment of obesity. The effect on resting energy expenditure and serum lipids.

Coconutoil.com - Research on Coconut Oil's Benefits

Well done Laura. Really chuffed it's going in the right direction yiiippppeeee xxx

Morning Laura, well done love

Morning Laura:)
keep up the good work!
x

Thanks guys!! Last mim today for a couple of weeks to see if I lose faster. I will keep u posted.

No mim for breakfast this morning :-( what else can I have tho?? Something with little or no salt (I find cheese salty too :-() and something relatively quick to make... I'm baffled

If Im going out I tend to stick a couple of boiled eggs in a pot while I jump in the shower. Then by the time Im out there done. Alternatively an omelette doesnt take too long either.

Morning Laura, I generally eat left overs for breakfast, I make sure I cook enough in the evening, that and most weekends I'll fry up a whole pack of sausages just to keep in the fridge and eat cold

Good idea... I'm usually so greedy i eat all my dinner lol was thinking of scrambled eggs tomorrow... What sausages do you buy? I've tried sainsburys ones but I threw them back up lol

I buy the Milton gate ones from Lidl Laura, they are Very low carb and so tasty, but you can get 100% ones in other stores, there is a low carb challange thread around that gives more detail

Oohh will have to stop in and get them! Thanks for that jim you are a font of knowledge!

Evening Laura :D

Morning laura

Morning jim!!! Almost the weekend!!

Got plans lined up?

I haven't got much planned, we'll have Olivia on Saturday for a while

Not sure what my plans are yet... Really depends on the weather but I have some stuff for work to do on Sunday :-(

Yay I can feel my ribs!! Not in an emaciated way but in a healthy I'm getting slimmer way!

Back