LauraZee - half way to the new me!!

So glad you know the up 1.5 means nothing when you have been 100%, well done. I agree getting into this 100% is such a mindframe, and once you are there then there is no stopping. I was so good on holiday and am looking forward to my official weigh in on Monday. I would really like to get another 10lbs off in 4 weeks.
Keep at it everyone, you are such an inspirations

Thanks Norwegian girl, Luckily the 1.5lbs didn't stick around long and I've now lost 15.2lbs since starting S&S!! Yay :)
I think I'll just enjoy my diet coke on Tuesday night and watch the others eat, not the end of the world, I'm there for the company not the food anyway! I will be having a couple of meals during my week at center parcs (well 5 days) but will make sure they are S&S acceptable meals to make sure I don't blow it!
Day 16 today and I'm still flying my 100% flag! Plus it's Friday, could today be any better?! :D x

OK not sure what was up with my photo albums but ive added my fat photos into one now. So horrible to look at but theyll be a thing of the past soon! x

OK so I'm struggling with my demons a bit today and thought i'd come on here to type away and take my mind of it for 5 minutes.
I'm a coupleof days into week3, wasnt surei'd get here but I have and i'm feeling good! But today my husband is working a 12 hour shift, so I'm on my own until 7pm and I keep thinking about eating food!! I know I dont need it but I'm bored and my mind keeps wandering to anything I have in the cupboards that I could eat and get away with. I even had a pack of crisps in my hand but put them back.
So I've had an early lunch already - 100g roast veggies and a choc truffa bar. I'm a bit annoyed at myself as Ishouldnt have eaten so early and I always keep my bar for night time as something to look forward to.
So I'm going to keep glugging my water and next time i get desperate I'll have a fizzy drink. This will not beat me!!!!

Well done Laura on your losses so far, your photos are all lovely lol especially the one of you in your wedding dress, you looked beautiful :)

Keep chugging along today drinking the fizz and water...do stuff to take your mind off eating, stay positive and you will beat those cravings!!!!

Keep going laura, I have the odd days like this too. Just keep thinking of the weight loss, and how much you will regret it if you do eat something off plan. if you feel you need more today, have another pack, or maybe chicken/tuna? You're doing great!

You need to do something to keep you occupied Laura. Go out for a walk perhaps, read a book, paint the lounge ;), ironing, phone a friend, anything to take your mind off the food cupboard. DO NOT have the crisps. If you do have to have something make sure it's not carbs as you do not want to sabotage yourself.

Thanks ladies! I've come this far and I'm not going to blow it now! I did what any self respecting person does on a saturday afternoon, went back to bed LOL :D Now I've got some tunes on and im prancing around doing some housework! OH home in 3 hours then Ive survived a whole day alone without bingeing, first time ever probably!!
Thanks for all your support xx

Well done! If all else fails... sleep lol I know what you mean about binge eating though when being alone. I am guilty of it with OH being in the navy, I'd come home with a carrier bag of girly mags to read, stick on a film or something and sit and munch my way through an averages childs weight in chocolate!

I can't believe I've done 36 days without chocolate! I used to think I would die if I went more than a few days without it!

I think overall I am handling my cravings better now, and hope that I can continue this after I am done with S&S and appreciate food more and actually taste it, rather than mindlessly shovelling it down my trap! x

My husband has only been working shifts for the last year, we used to both do a standard 9-5 but I still made time to binge in secret, even if he just went to the loo! It's so bad, I'll never understand why I do it. But I'm also hoping I'll break the cycle and today I've shown I can put the crisps back do hopefully I can carry on doing it in a non vlcd world too!
2 hours til my husband (aka food minder) comes home lol xx

You doing well Laura, sleeping as Tara said is sometimes the best option to wile the hours away lol.

It's strange how it seems to be us poor woman the have the urge to binge, my binges would be eating cheesy type crisps or these little cracker cheesy things i could sit and eat a whole tub during the course of the day, then move on to chocolate, and have pud after dinner :( or takeaway, men seem to be able to cope better, us poor woman we get the tough side of life lol compared with men!!!!!

Under an hour to go now Laura!!

I would even shove food down my trap when I thought I was fit to burst. It's like an obsession. I've broken that cycle for the time being though :) although it'll be something that I need to work on for life I think.

Think that is defo going to be the hardest part for everyone BG so easy to slip back in to bad habits but why should we when we have proved while doing S&S we don't need to shove food in our gob and just eat for the sake of it to feel good or to live!!!!!

Morning all! You may have guessed by now I'm an early riser! Again back in the day I might have eaten an early breakfast before anyone got up and another when they did, just because I could! Not anymore! I'm trying to let it sink in to my stupid head that when I'm finished I can eat if I need to but shouldn't if I just want to.
So yesterday ended up going the other way and I prob didn't eat enough! Only fitted in 3 packs plus my 200g of salad/veg. As I had my bar at lunch time I just didn't want a shake or soup at 9pm so I left it, but I did take a multi vitamin to hopefully make up for any goodness I didn't have. Also had a tiny splash of French salad dressing on my salad so it prob makes up for it.
Have husband today to keep me occupied, fingers crossed the weather holds off and we'll go out for a nice walk somewhere.
Good luck to everyone today, weekends aren't easy but trust me if I can stick with it anybody can!! x

Hey Laura, I am quite an early riser too. Don't know why but don't tend to lay in much anymore. Sounds like today was a good day for you on plan too, I am fully intending to have some chicken this friday and make a nice meal for when my friends are round. Good luck today, but from the sounds of it you are fully in the swing of it now. I am feeling a bit better as I haven't been having cravings as strongly now, this week I've hardly had any, except for when my friend send her photo of her chinese! haha

xx

I can't believe a friend sent you a photo of her Chinese, but photos at least you know they'll be getting fatter while you get thinner!
I'm counting down the days til I will be having some chicken salads and fish while I'm at center parcs the week after next. It's kind of keeping me going thinking I'll be having a couple of normal meals in a week rather than thinking I have to wait months! After that I'll probably aim to have another couple of meals at Easter or something to break it up again.
Going to my parents today and mum is baking a cake for my OH and I know it will be good but I don't need it, my choc bar is just as nice!
x

Yeah I think it helps to break it down, I am going for a bday meal in 3 weeks, looking forward to it. Then next break will be a do in easter. xx

Morning all! So yesterday was a good day and the cake at my Mums looked good but I didnt need it! Although at one point Mum did tell me to stop staring at my OH eating it, didnt even notice I was doing that! Still, I did have any, so its all good.
Glad to be back at work until my weigh in now, hoping for another good loss this week and seem to be on track so far. Would be nice to achieve 2 mini goals this week - losing 25% of what I needed to lose since starting S&S (2lbs to go) and getting out of the 200s (4lbs to go). Might be a tall order as ive already lost a few lbs this week but I'll keep ploughing on!
It will keep me on track for my meal in london tomorrow night. Ive studied all the menus within a 10 mile radius of where were going. Chicken salad here i come, yum!
Everyone have a good day, I know I will - and coming from me on a Monday thats a big deal!! x

Hey Laura,

Glad you are feeling good! Well done on not eating the cake, I find myself starring at people eating food too, not intentionally but I have noticed my eyes linger for longer! I try to consciously avert them!

Fingers crossed for you to be out of the 200s this week! I'm not too far behind you, hope to be out of them soon too! What a great feeling it will be!! xx

Back