LauraZee - half way to the new me!!

Hello everyone! I am feeling a little bit smug today as I was out for dinner in London with friends last night and stuck to the diet and didnt blow anything :) I had a diet coke and a grilled chicken breast with salad. The chicken had skin on it and that went straight onto my OH's plate and probably took a lotof the sugary marinade with it. I only ate half the salad as the vinaigrette seemed a little sugary but I really enjoyed it and know that there certainly wouldnt have been any more carbs in that then there would be in one of the bars. I skipped the starter and sat there with my coke while everyone had their dessert, so all is good. My ketostix are looking happily pink this morning but I'll check again tomorrow just to be sure!
I think as i haven't had the protein since I started the diet it did feel like such a treat, even though i actually wasnt breaking the diet at all to have it. Great, now I know I can survive next week in Center Parcs with a few meals out and stick to it the rest of the time.
Its my WI tomorrow, fingers crossed all stays on track! And good luck to all you Wednesday weighers out there x

Oh, well done Laura. It sure feels great, doesn't it to be so in control. good luck for WI x

Thanks ladies! I'm really chuffed with myself for sticking to it, first time ever I've been good while out with friends!
Fingers crossed I'm rewarded with a little bit more of a loss by tomorrow :D

well done for resisting laura, thats the part i am dreading going out for a meal which we do alot with friends and my inlaws, i just hope i can stick to the good choices like you, kay

Trust me betty, if I can do it anyone can! Just remember whatever you eat out its nice as someone else has cooked it, even if it is just grilled chicken and salad. Eating a dessert for 30seconds isn't worth blowing weeks of hard work for! Nothing tastes that good!
Good luck and let us know how you get on :) x

I will print it out and put it in my wallet haha. That makes total sense, thank you! I shall keep you updated! xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

OK so I have now officially finished week 3 and have started week 4! Who would have thought I'd make it this far. Managed to lose 4.25lbs this week :) Not bad when I had a meal out on Tuesday!
I didnt tick off any of my mini goals this week but I got pretty close so next week could hopeflly see those next two crossed off for good. List still as follows:
I'm no longer 'severely obese' :D
I've lost 10% of what I need to lose :)
I'm into a new stone bracket (14st) :)

OH is on nights now finishing Sunday morning but it doesnt bother me as much now I know I've coped with it before. We've got our week away next week which I am so looking forward to and just feeling so determined to stick with it I'm actually quite excited. I guess its about proving to myself I can go away and not use it as an excuse to act like a fat pig. Only monday-friday, so 4 nights, I know I can handle it.
Picking up my new car on Sunday too, very sad to see my 4x4 go but this is a sensible decision so we can save for a bigger mortgage and sell our flat to buy a house. Sensible decision and I feel quite excited in that sense.
So all round I'm doing good and feeling positive. Funny how getting one aspect of your life, like your weight which should be relatively small, back on track starts to make you see things differently. There'll be no stopping me once I reach goal!
Everybody have a good day! x

Brilliant Laura!!! Love your attitude and outlook :) sounds like your very focused and well on the way to slimdon :)

Have a lovely day :D

Thank you! Yes I'm feeling good, it's sooo nice to actually enjoy weigh day now!! :)
Week 4, still sounds odd. I remember looking at this forum after I'd seen S&S and was trying to get my was around whether I could hack it or not. People were in week 4 then and it seemed like light years away for me! Now I'm here, still loving it :D

Sod the positive thinking, just fell flat on my face in the car showroom! Always makes me feel like such a tit!! Why do bad things happen to good people lol??!

OK so feeling good after another good loss this week but for some reason next week is looming over me a little bit. I am feeling positive about my week away and I have all my meals in and out planned so I know I wont cheat but last night I was on my own and there was a little voice in my head saying “you’re going to eat next week and you’ve done so well already, why not just eat something now?”. I hate it, I don’t know why I do it to myself. The good news is fought it off and I know I can stick with it but I hate that I have to battle with myself for no reason.

Still, I’m feeling pleased I didn’t succumb to temptation but wish I could get past this kind of thing. I ate my bar almost as soon as i was on my own and then started to raid the cupboards for anything ‘suitable’.

Just one day at a time, I’ll get there. It isn’t worth it I know, but I wish I could make it easier on myself L

We all get that voice it's so convincing at times too. But the more you don't listen to it the less it speaks. Mine rarely says anything now a days lol :)

i think mine has a gag on atm but i know in a few weeks it will be shouting at me i am so scared of that, i will need you all to help me, you have done so well laura, and planning in advance what you will have whilst away is a good idea, i bet you do fine, being 4 weeks in on this does seem light years away to me.

Thanks ladies! It is less frequent and that is a positive thing. And even ignoring it is a positive thing, but is it too much to ask for it just to sod off completely?! I guess not.
I will stick with it and I know I'll be good next week too, but I know it won't be easy sometimes. I'm taking the scales lol so no excuses, week 4 weigh in will be business as usual! x

Mine shut up completely when I was on xenical probably too scared to eat anything wrong due to side effects lol

Haha I tried alli once, hoping the horror stories of what would happen would stop me eating crap. Nope! I just thought I can eat a third more fat as my body will repel it.
My problem with diets is that I often try and be clever with it, like figuring out the max I can get away with but I only cheat myself (cliche I know).
I'm trying to stick to this 100% (coke zero doesn't count!) and so far it's working.
Looking forward to the voices disappearing!! I'm sure it will happen, I hope so as I've got a few months to go!!

Back