Total Solution Lelly's Losses

Congrats on your fantastic Wk 1 loss :)

Take a bar with you to the steam rally and take a couple of pre-made shakes in bottles. You aren't meant to make them up in advance as they say to get the full nutrients you need to drink them within an hour of making them, but to be honest, 1 day really isn't going to do you any harm at all!

Have 4 shake for the day if you need to, 5 even! On Cambridge you get the same losses weekly if you are on SS (3 packs) or SS+ (4 packs). And you are better off having 1 or 2 extra shakes at 100 odd kcals a go, than a burger or hotdog at the rally.

If you really feel like you are going to need some food, then cook up a small chicken breast and take that along with you to munch on. Zero carbs and low kcals, so it wont throw you out of ketosis. It'll just be the head games it'll play with you :)

Just keep thinking how close you are to become in 'Obese' rather than 'Morbidely Obese'. Lol :) Only 0.2 to go.

Oh the sad things that make us smile :)

Well yesterdays plans for the steam rally didnt go 100% to plan!. Took a shake and bar and lots of water with me, by the time I got home at 5pm, all I had was a shake and 1/2 litre of water, was feeling really yuk!....so bit the bullet and decided to have a ketosis freindly meal for tea.
This morning I am pleased to report I am still in ketosis and feeling good....had a sneaky weigh (weigh in is tuesday morning really) and found I am still 2lbs down on last week so all in all feeling good....Back on 100% plan today though!!!

Week 2 weigh in and I have lost 3lbs.....I will be honest and say I hoped for more after seeing others numbers. I have lots to lose and thought at least to start with I would get big numbers.....just wondering if I am doing something wrong?

I do struggle to drink 2 litres of water a day and definitely 2 days this week I haven't managed that much.

Typical day for me.....shake around 1pm, soup around 6pm and half a bar chopped up small that I nibble throughout the day(starting around 10 am) the other half I have with a coffee around 9pm.

I am also using tesco bars as I cannot stand the Exante ones, could that be the reason?

I've just picked up some Tesco bars today to try, they are slightly higher kcals, but havent had a look at the carb content yet. Lots of other people seem to be using them, so I can't imagine it would be that.

Water plays a huge part, I 'try' to drink 3 litres a day if I can, but make sure I have at least 2. Are you using ketostix still? As long as they are at the paler end of the scale then your water intake is safe, but I do know plenty of people try to drink 3 litres when possible.

The good thing about this diet is that the weight loss doesnt slow down. You should expect to see 3lbs a week from now on, so although it doesn't seem like much for week 2, as long as it continues, thats your stone a month. Which you definately wouldnt get elsewhere.

Try not to be disheartened and stick it out :)

hi hun, thats still a great loss and like kez says at least this is a diet where you def know your going to lose weight each week, ive just come straight from WW where my weigh ins were an absolute nightmare worrying if i was going to lose a teeny 1lb a week, with WW it you seem to lose 3lb one week and then put on 1/2 the next so its all up and down and it was bugging me knowing id been good and only lose a little bit a week, do you like the tesco bars because i was thinking of trying something different because the exante ones really make me gag now and a lot of that is because im not feeling hungry and forcing them down, ive seen a lot of threads where people use the biggest loser bars i might try those too, i didnt really want to start buying other items as it starts to make the diet more expensive, have a good day hun xxx

The tesco bars are much nicer...I will just be getting the soups and shakes next time and some days won't have a bar at all, but if I fancy one will substitute a soup for a tesco bar.

The raspberry one is particularly nice!

I am already over my slightly miffed phase this morning and working on week 3. Just going to try and drink more water.

i posted this in the main section but ill post here for you to read, as i was getting a bit disheartened about not losing much weight when i was sticking to it 100% and weighing daily the scales were not moving but then yesterday i lost a couple literally over night lol anyway its a good read just a bit long sry but thought it might help about the water etc xx

How the hell does your body hold onto weight and still manage to get smaller while you are on your chosen low carb diet?!? Losing inches but not weight? You know the scenario: You are on Induction for two weeks, and you haven't cheated even once. You notice that your clothes fit better, that you are stepping a little livelier, and as far as you're concerned, all's right with the world.

But then you step on that evil construction of the Devil himself, the bathroom scale, and you instantly feel betrayed. The stupid thing insists that you have done nothing! Sometimes, it even states you have done less than nothing; it accuses you of cheating because it tells that you haven't lost any weight! Well, there area couple of simple explanations to help you get through this trying time.

First of all, if it is at all possible for you to do so, throw that insipid Monster Scale in the trash. Or at least put it up somewhere that it is really, REALLY inconvenient to get to so that you won't be tempted to ask it's opinion every single day of your life. Face it. If you are feeling better and your clothes are looser, do you really need the scale to tell you that you're on the right track? No! You don't! Why do you think you do it, then? I'll tell you why. The low fat diet demons have a tenacious hold on your brain. That's right, you've been brainwashed. All your life they have told you through doctors, dietitians, newspaper and magazine articles, surgeon generals and the like, that you give up X calories per day and you will lose a pound of fat. They even go on to tell you how much fat you should lose each week. In the process, they've made you dependent on the Monster Scale to gauge your progress!

What a big lie!

Even on the diets that "they" advocate, the Monster Scale does not often cooperate. You go back to the Diet Demons and demand to know why the scale does not reflect the torture you have put yourself through for a month. They immediately start backpedaling on the "give up X calories and lose a pound of fat" story, and start talking to you about water retention and muscle buildup. Sometimes, they even blame it on you with questions like, "Are you sure you counted the calories in everything you ate?" (This is delivered with a knowing little smile that makes you want to rip their knowing little face off.) Being the type that is given to blaming things on yourself, anyway, you cooperate with an answer like, "Well….." They pounce on this with "Ahhhh, well.." Then, they launch into one of their scoldings/lash/encouragement speeches.

So, get off their bandwagon, already!

Then, there's the competitive spirit. You hear about what other people have done on your chosen diet. Yes, Brian went on Atkins a year ago and lost over a hundred pounds. Yes, a hundred pounds in a year is over eight pounds a month, or 2 pounds a week, or .0119 pounds per hour….but, "Hello? You ain't Brian!" And, did Brian ever say that he lost .0119 pounds per hour? No! He said a hundred pounds in a year. This only proves he got on the scale twice; a year ago, and yesterday. Take a hint from Brian. Stay off the scale!

The second solution is to understand what is going on in your body in light of the current state of human affairs. Today, all a person has to have to eat every day is money and transportation to a grocery store or, better yet, a nice restaurant. However, your body's survival instincts have not matured in a million years. Your body still thinks you are a hunter-gatherer. Yes, in spite of a million years of evolution, your body still thinks you are going to have to go out and kill a mammoth to eat. The survival instincts with which you are going to have to come to terms are read-only memory. You can't overwrite them. Deal with it.

That said, let me tell you what happens when you lose a pound of fat. Your body has been saving this fat for that long hunting expedition you're going to have to go on to track, kill, dress and retrieve that huge animal. It keeps the fat in little pillows distributed throughout your body. When you start losing fat, it doesn't trust you to continue whatever insane path you have chosen that is causing the fat to dissipate. So, when the fat comes out of the pillow, it injects water as a "place holder." Sometimes that water actually replaces the weight of the fat it lost. Sometimes it replaces the volume.

Water weighs more than fat just like lead sinkers weigh more than feathers. If you stuff a pillow with a pound of feathers, you'll have a nice big pillow. If you stuff a pillow with a pound of lead sinkers, you'll have a nice (but rather hard and uncomfortable), small pillow. Now, let's say your body removes a pound of fat and replaces the weight with a pound of water. Your weight will stay the same, but you will be smaller. But, if your body decides to replace the lost fat by volume, that is a quite different story. Remember the great big feather pillow as compared to the tiny lead sinker pillow? Well, now think of a gallon of feathers and a gallon of lead sinkers. Try to pick up the gallon of feathers. Piece of (you'll pardon the expression) cake. Now, try to pick up the gallon of lead sinkers. Sucker's heavy, ain't it? So, you will be smaller, but you will have gained weight.

Eventually, your body makes the executive decision that you are not going to replace the fat you lost, and it lets go of the water. In the words of Danny Skaist: "When your body accepts the fact that they are no longer needed, the water will be expelled and the cells closed. This is known as the "whoosh."

What makes your body decide to replace by weight or replace by volume? I dunno. But I do know that it does not seem consistent to the casual observer. What makes your body decide that you are seriously not going to replace the fat you lost? I dunno. But now you know why it's so important to drink your water, huh? Loss of fat is inextricably related to water intake. It's more than a little foolish to go on a diet that facilitates the removal of fat and then refuse to give your body the tools it needs to do so.

Bottom Line: Stop getting on the scale and drink your water. If you stick to your plan and wait for the "whoosh," it will come.

Thats brilliant LD4M.....and it makes so much more sense now!....already finished my first litre today! on to the second....

LD4M...that's one of the best posts I've read on here to date!

oh thats good im glad it was worth posting , i posted in the main thread too as i thought it would really help people to understand better about the water its def made me rethink, i have never drunk this much water in my life and ive never felt better and it really does help with the weight loss xxx

Evening all......

Day 16 complete.....16 days at 100%!

I decided yesterday I needed something to amuse my hands rather than hold a biscuit !....so today I went in search of the lesser spotted knitting shop!....blimey those places are hard to come by, I assume all wool needs nowadays are bought online. Anyway I finally succeeded and found such a shop and bought a crochet hook and 4 balls of extremely bright wool.
I now have 9 squares of my first blanket complete..... By my figuring I need another 87 squares!. Going to take it to work and do some at lunchtimes whilst the others munch on butties. I may get some laughs but who bloody cares, if it helps me to lose the 6 or so stone I need to then I can handle a few laughs!

I am actually amazed how I am managing to stick to this diet, I think 16 days on any diet must be a personal record.

Huge, huge, huge well dones! You're doing amazing...bet you get your stone next week. Ive yet to hit ketosis, Irene made some smart remark today when she saw me eating my bar.... 'Pfft, I thought you were meant to be on a diet'. Cheeky mare, I cant wait for Trish to come back and hear what she has to say...not!

My step mum gets all her wool for doing blankets from the £ shop in redruth ;)

oh thats brill lelly i have just ordered 3 lynda la plante books from amazon to also take my mind off eating although like you say its more doing something with our hands, id like to start to crochet i remember my dear nan teaching me not sure if i could remember now but id like to try, plus ive got so much weight to lose i could give the blankets to the local hospital for the special care baby unit, i remember when my children were in there they were always looking for people to make them, hope your all having a good day, good luck for your next weigh in lelly hun xx

Kez...what was your response to Irene.....! I would have been well teasy with her....keep you nose out of things don't understand!....ooo sorry that's got me sooooo mad for you!....

Pound shop, didn't even consider that....next time I need wool!

Ld4m....I have started of simple with a pattern that just has 2 stiches so as not to confuse myself....it's pretty simple to do, give it a try.

She was in and out of the room before I even had chance to remove my chin off the floor! I was going to say something and I just thought to myself, I don't need to justify myself. I'll sit eating my fatty bar if thats what she thinks it is...while smuggly knowing that I'm losing weight!

good on ya kez! your the one thats going to look gorgeous(not that your not now but you know what i mean) and slim at the end of it just remember that and dont worry about people like that, im mad too lelly and i dont even know the woman..lol xxx

Just need to share my latest.....'god I am proud of myself' moment!!!

We all went swimming yesterday with friends, 8 of us in total....they decided McDs to be the place of choice for lunch.....oh oh I was thinking...but I need not have worried, they all sat there with their burgers, fries, shakes.....me, I had a bottle of water and a bar, and I have to say it was not that tempting. I didn't feel deprived at all....I just kept saying McDs ain't going anywhere, it will still be here when I am done and can treat myself...just once when I am at goal.

Feeling quite smug about it all right now!

Still have tomorrow to get through though, my parents house sitters have invited us round for dinner, but I have told them what diet I am doing so they have kindly said they will make me and my sister a chicken breast and vegetables..how nice is that, so as long as I am not tempted by any of the yummy pud's they usually produce I should be ok!

Back