Let's Shrink the Bear !!!

Yet another day of disrupted plans - Yes, it started off well, 9;30 am 'breakfast shake' but when it came to making the lunchtime shake my father arrived to do a little maintenance on my bungalow. Don't get me wrong, I am incredibly greatful for his help but had I only known he was comming I would have prepared lunch earlier. :sigh:

'Lunch' was at half past five ... I'll try to make sure I have the 3rd shake tonight else this '2 shakes a day' nonsence will become the norm!

I'm a little apprehensive about my second weigh in tomorrow - not sure I've drank enough water this week, still tomorrow will confirm that one way or another. [Note to self - measure the water each day and make sure you drink a min of 2 lts!!] :eek: Make this a goal for week 3...

Well, back from my second weigh in and lost a further 5lb this week so that makes me a stone and half a pound lighter! [I'm with Lilac on this, the half pounds and VERY important!!]

Although I'm pleased I'm concerned for a few days this past week I've only managed 2 shakes and I'm not convinced that I've had the quantity of water that I should have. I think that should be my goal for this forthcoming week. Yes, I'll keep track of the water better.

Have been invited to lunch in London tommorrow - have a friend and we meet for lunch 2 or 3 times a month. Go to some amazing resturants but not sure if I'm going to go or ask for a raincheck - even so that would only be until next week so... without explaining I'm on this diet, how do I manage this without giving him the wrong impression. [We have such amazing times, lots of fun and laughter ... there's too little of that in life right now!]

Oh um ... I have just mentioned I've been a little under the weather and lost my apetite, but can I resist, that will be the question ... :confused:

So :mad: at myself - lost the plot last night and am so dissapointed in myself :break_diet:

I started this 2 weeks ago because I finally acknowledged I had a serious 'food addiction' that was getting out of hand. I'd go and do some shopping and just knowing there was something nice in the house, it got to the point that I would 'seek it out' and devour it! Didn't matter if I was hungry or not, and I couldn't seem to rationalize it still being there and would be enjoyed more tomorrow - I just had to eat it. :eek:

Embbarrasing as it is to admit this [especially publicly] that's the truth of it.

Well, I appreciate that 14 days on TFR 100% is not going to change a lifetimes worth of bad habits but I made the mistake of trying the chicken flavour soup ... and then this lamb chop that has been calling me from the freezer [for days now to be fair] managed to cook itself, tie me down and force me to eat it. Good news was that I didn't enjoy it at all - bad news is you're not going to see 15/15 100% from me for a couple of weeks yet.

I'm so Mad at myself.... :cry:

Anyway, now is the time to dig deep - practice what I preach - you know the one about 'it's a new day' and 'don't let one little blip ruin the whole thing' [which is true, usually once I've caved I just keep going with the eating!'] I need to concentrate on the positives...

* I've made 25% of my minitarget [time to my graduation on 16th September].

* I'd lost my first stone [as a punishment, I'm not going to weigh myself until the pharmacist does next Wednesday morning]... yes, I'm one of these naughty 'daily weighers', it's what keeps me going!

* I'm going to be CERTAIN I drink a min of 2 Litres and day and have THREE shakes a day [I've struggled with this]

and

* My friend I have lunch with in London - I'm going to say I'm unable to until at least next Thusday [and even then I'm going to ask if I can accompany him fishing instead and take a picnic for him -'cause this will be easier for me to get away with not eating anything]

Silly girl ... what was I thinking :doh: and why on earth did I do it ???

Oh darling please don't get too down on yourself. You have done good so far and will continue to do so. Also remember u had one slip which u have sorted straight away. Next time u think about slipping u will remember how u felt now and that will spur u on. Got every faith in u x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Caz is so right TedEBear. And you might have lost the battle with that lamb chop but you haven't lost the war :) It's strange how the taste of it was as disappointing as it was. You THOUGHT it was going to feel amazing to eat it but 1) It wasn't amazing at all and 2)You feel sick with yourself for doing it. I want you to know how much I appreciate you sharing this with us... because it will remind me (us!) that when I THINK I'm desperate for the taste of something yummy, that I will end up feeling the same way x
Just remember 'You haven't failed until you give up trying!' Sending yuu hugs and best wishes for a new 100% day xx

Last edited:
Aww... Thank you guys.

I'm back with it now so :fingerscrossed:

Well, talk about pride coming before a fall – Hell, I made it to 14 days 100% and then, thinking I’d got it cracked – lost the plot. Well I’m coming to the end of 3 days back at 100% and it is hard. I have done the test for Ketosis and I came out of it and have [as of this morning] not yet returned – Well, maybe tomorrow morning! Being one of these naughty ‘daily weigh’ers’ so having a plus of 1.5lb, today saw me back where I was before the blip – That dosn’t bode well for Wednesdays weigh in BUT as everyone has so kindly said ... I can’t do anything about that now. Just a thought though [and a warning to any other newbie tempted to loos the plot – of the 19days I’ve been on Lipotrim 17 have been 100% but Ketosis will only have been present for 9 of them – What a waste :argh:
Anyhow, ‘spilt milk’, ‘cry’ and all that I’ve been 100% for the past 3 days so nothing more I can do [apart from re-read this should I ever even be TEMPTED to lose the plot again! :eek:

My son will be returning from a fortnights holiday tomorrow evening, he doesn’t know I’m on this diet – he didn’t twig before he left .... Wonder how long I can keep it from him ??? :cross:

Really well done for getting back on the wagon, I am sure your wednesday weigh in will be just fine you will see !

Last edited:
Sorry to jump in but wanted to ask u lovely slimmers for some advice; Thinking I need to do this for around 12 wks and started looking now at diet plans to follow after. Everyone is raving about this dukan diet???? Any thoughts people??? What are other people looking at. Know is a while off yet but thought I would try and use this time to educate myself. Suggestions are greatly welcomed and needed please xx

Hi Nicki ...

I think I'm the wrong person to ask because I'd never heard of the Dukan Diet. I've had a quick look on the internet and it is interesting. Protein and controlled carbs on some days. I can see how this may fit in with the lipotrim 'refeed' and maintenance plan but I don't know nearly enough about that either. Maybe a look at the maintenance forum would help. :eek:

Sorry I'm not more help - I just want to loose another 4 stone right now so I've just got to focus on the shakes for now.

Thankyou for your support - and hope your journey is going great.

Ted x.

new begins... well greater motivation....

Nearly didn't go to get weighed yesterday, but did and was really pleased I did.

With the blip of loosing the plot on the evening of my second weigh in, I was certain it would be desartrous - well it was and wasn't, I didn't loose the 4lb last week that I had hoped and which would have been acceptable to my 'grand plan' but I did still lose - 2.5lb, not a lot but not a gain either.

I have been back at 100% since then so I need to clear my mind of this as it's still hovering around as a failure and with me, as we know, failure breeds failure and I am determinied NOT TO FAIL ....

On a very positive side I have now got to below 200 lb
- I know that 199.5 lb can be viewed as splitting hairs BUT I'm not alone in beleiving that the odd 0.5lb is MIGHTILY important. If I loose a further 4lb I shall be back in the 13's and a further two will put me where I would like to be for next Wednesday. After the initial loss I had planned on 4lb a week which will get me to 12:06.0 for my graduation which will be confortable and acceptable to me.

Well, I'll stop with the waffeling now - I think I've reinforced in my head what I need to do this week and how important it is to me. :rolleyes:

Hi bear got ur reply regarding diet after this. This is my second time around and after doing amazing last time I slipped bad once I came off so I am trying to use this time to re educate myself about food.

Good to hear u are doing well and graduation is an amazing goal. Just think how good ur graduation pictures will look. I always look at mine and cringe ha ha x

Thank you CheeryG and Nikki - Still focused and super :innocent0002:

Defiantly not alone about the .5s its all about the .5s !! Well done T.E.Bear you should be so very proud of yourself, keep your eye on the prize, you can do it x

Well today was weigh in day and I was really hoping to do better than last week 'cause I've been a little angel [well, quiet a large one at present I guess!] but I lost a further 5 lb which I was pleased about - Makes a total of 22lb for my 1st 4 weeks which I'm well pleased with.

I'm really focused now and no longer have to hide the diet from my son which is a relief. He still doesn't know the details but doesn't panic when he sees me only drinking a shake. I've mentioned in my posts my cousin is a lifetime anorexic - Had it since she was 16 and is now 55 - been in and out of hospitals when she gets below 4.5 stone, but I don't think I've mentioned I have MS so have to be a bit careful about stuff. I really miss exercise - I used to enjoy long walks and the gym [I know that's strange!] but now I can tear a muscle just by walking to the bathroom !!!

Anyway - Thank all of you for your invaluable support and encouragement - Have a good week, I hope to report next week that I have. :D

Ted xXx

22lbs!!! amazing amazing Miss Bear and well under 200lbs now, amazing ! and over 10% of your body weight lost, amazing!, you should be so proud of your self, congratulations lovely

Ted ... that's fantastic ... weigh in days become exciting when you know you have kept to 100%. My first 4 weeks are up on Monday so I'm right behind you :D Well done you!

Well, another week gone - where does the time go to?

Lost a further 3 lb today so that's 25lb so far, a average of 5 per week, that's pretty good - if only we could keep that up. Been a week where I've felt tired but not really being able to pinpoint how this has occurred - lot of rushing about but nothing worth saying you have really achieved if you know what I mean.

Looking forward to a quieter week although already I have another long list of things to do, people to meet and places to be. Still. if nothing else, it'll make next weeks weigh in day come around again fast.

Good luck everyone - Onwards and [most defineitly] DOWNWARDS ...

Well, another week gone - where does the time go to?.........Good luck everyone - Onwards and [most defineitly] DOWNWARDS ...

Hey Ted.E Bear

I think you are doing fantastic and a true inspiration. You mentioned MS.....well one of my loved ones has it and hats off to you for getting this far. It is tough enough having no health complications and being on LT yet alone MS. The fatigue, achiness and just sheer frustration is a challenge on it's on!! You should be very proud of yourself!!! Well done so far and keep it going....get that bear to shrink more!:D BIG HUG!! (Sorry being a bit emotional now!)

X Funky

Back