Lexie's Diary - Currently SS

Lexie_dog

UNLEASHING THE BEAST!
Hi Guys

Thought I'd start a fresh clean diary on here to chart my progress and see how I'm going.

Disclaimers:
  • I will mention food here on a Wed, as I do roller derby training on those days, so move up to the 810 plan.
  • I might be a moan sometimes, although I do try and stay positive
  • sometimes I weigh frequently, sometimes no
  • any deviations from plan will be hidden in white text, so if you don't want to see them, you don't have to unless you highlight the "hidden text"
  • I will update my title to my current plan e.g 810, 1000 etc to give you a rough idea of where I'm headed

So here goes!

Week 2, Day 4.

Menu: Vanilla Latte shake, Choc Mint shake, choc orange shake.
Drinks: 1.6 L still water so far, 1L fizzy water, 2 mugs peppermint tea
Mood: Alright mostly. Neutral almost.
Weight: 14st 6 (plus 3lbs due to plan deviation)

So today's been a bit tough. Want to veg out in front of the TV and eat. Doesn't help the banner advertising on this site is for ideal TV fodder. Trying to stay focused and on plan today.

TOTM arrived yesterday, so I'm bloated and miserable, although thankfully my boobs have stopped "loupin'" as much, but I did give in yesterday and comfort eat like mad. But its done now and all I can do is get back on board and get on with it.

I'm also trying to move away from words like "cheat", "lose" "gain" and stick to "deviation from plan" "minus" and "plus" to try and break that link.

So whilst I would normally buy food and things to make myself feel better today I bought:

• Skate bearings for practising outside
  • wheels for outside skating
  • a nursing book
  • and a book about food and diet myths as recommended by KD in a previous thread

A small but significant NSV (Non scale victory).

Now all I have to do is stay on track and that's 1 day down. Lets see if I can do the next 10 weeks on plan to the letter.

1/73. COME ON THEN!

you can do it! i have been starving today, from the minute i opened my eyes until now, but i am sticking to it!!! cant wait to read more from you. good luck.

Week 2 Day 5

Menu: 2 choc tetras, choc orange shake.
Drinks: 2.2 L still water so far, 500ml fizzy water, 1 mug green tea and a peppermint tea for later (so maybe 3.5 litres all in) .
Mood: Shattered.
Weight: 14st 3lbs

Shattered today, woke up late at 8:10, not good when that's the time I normally leave for uni. Washed in shower from neck down and drove like a maniac, got to uni in time. Only to discover that the IT was down and lectures didn't start for another 20 minutes.

Got the usual lunchtime lectures today about how bad CD is, could I not just eat sensibly. Replied if I could eat sensibly I wouldn't need to diet in the first feckin' place. Then everyone got on the bandwagon telling me how nutritionally deficient it is, how its boring how its blah blah. One girl defended it as she tried it before and the rest gave it a by after a while, but no doubt its a fun time in the weeks ahead deflecting the diet criticisms.

Home, to Asda, got lettuce for tomorrow's 810 meal, and (I'm a rebel here a can of coke zero), various bits for husband.

TOTM still ongoing.

Knackered. Going to have my last pack of the day, then my peppermint tea and maybe more hot drinks later if I feel cold and in need of emotional succour.

Got the usual lunchtime lectures today about how bad CD is, could I not just eat sensibly. Replied if I could eat sensibly I wouldn't need to diet in the first feckin' place. Then everyone got on the bandwagon telling me how nutritionally deficient it is, how its boring how its blah blah. One girl defended it as she tried it before and the rest gave it a by after a while, but no doubt its a fun time in the weeks ahead deflecting the diet criticisms.

Isnt it funny that nurses are the worst at supporting the diet. I found that too when I did it the last twice family and friends were fine but work were a pain as they kept going on about how it wasnt healthy and when was I weaning onto real food ?

They say that nurses as a group have bad weight problems due to shift work and grabbing what they can to eat when they can and its usually high fat processed food (of course I am talking very generally here) yet they are the ones mouthing off about how cd isnt nutritionally right! never mind rant over we will show them Lexie
xxx

am enjoying following your diary! keep it up lexie you are doing really well!! i didnt realise you can have peppermint tea on ss? is it good??

keep going, good luck x x

am enjoying following your diary! keep it up lexie you are doing really well!! i didnt realise you can have peppermint tea on ss? is it good??

keep going, good luck x x

The peppermint tea is allowed as long as no added sugar and it makes a nice change from black tea/water. Also allowed is white tea and green tea.

Isnt it funny that nurses are the worst at supporting the diet. I found that too when I did it the last twice family and friends were fine but work were a pain as they kept going on about how it wasnt healthy and when was I weaning onto real food ?

They say that nurses as a group have bad weight problems due to shift work and grabbing what they can to eat when they can and its usually high fat processed food (of course I am talking very generally here) yet they are the ones mouthing off about how cd isnt nutritionally right! never mind rant over we will show them Lexie
xxx

Thing is I understand it, I was exactly the same when a friend of mines was doing it, its from years of "diet and exercise work for everyone". Its just so wearing having to defend my lifestyle choices when they smoke, drink heavily and eat chips everyday. I'm tired today so maybe a bit overly sensitive too. But I'll get there!

Week 2 day 6 - 810 day!

Menu: apple and cinnamon porridge, choco tetra, choco mint, 275g Quorn, lettuce, 340ml milk.
Drinks: 2.5L still water, 1 can diet drink, 1 black coffee, 2 mugs hot sunshine orange.
Mood: Very very tired
Weight: 14st 1lbs

Up and off to uni in a bit. Very tired today, debating giving derby a miss as today is a very full day and I'm so tired.

We'll see later on though. I'll update this more later.

Update: went to derby - started feeling dizzy and sick about 20 minutes in, drank a good 500 ml water and felt better. Knackered when I was home, off to bed. Feeling much better this morning and derby was amazing!

Last edited:
Week 2 Day 7

Got my days all muddled up, I started on a Friday which means tomorrow is start of week 3. Right. Okay.

Menu: Vanilla Latte shake, Choc mint shake, tomato soup
Drinks: So far 700 ml water, aiming for 2.5litres still, 2 mugs peppermint tea and maybe a wee cheeky 500ml fizzy. (so about 3.8 - 4.4 Litres)
Mood: Good actually
Weight: 14st exactly.

So good news for me, got assessed during my derby last night and turns out I have to try to skate twice a week now, so am very pleased with that. The Sunday session might not be as heavy as the wednesday but I'll see how I go.

Means I might have to move up t0 810 twice a week and I'm not sure how that will work, not spoke to CDC yet to confirm or deny.

So away to drink more water and try and get some studying in, I wish it would stop raining, I want to skate outside :(

Week 3, Day 1

So HUNGRY :cry:

Menu: choc tetra, mushroom soup,
Drinks: So far 1000 ml water, aiming for 2.5litres still, 2 mugs peppermint tea and maybe a wee cheeky 500ml fizzy.
Mood: Alright, bit frazzled, hungry :(
Weight: 14st exactly still.

After 810 day on Wednesday I am a bit hungry. This is going to be hard as now moving up to derby practice twice a week, meaning 2 x 810 days. Meaning hungry for more days the week as 810 seems to kick me out of ketosis.

I'll see if I can tinker with it a bit maybe subbing tofu for Quorn to keep the carb count down, maybe it will be more manageable that way.

Is there any chance it's the exercise that is making you hungry Lexie and not 810?

Reason I ask is that we don't have much glycogen stored and if you are getting your heart rate up high, your body is going to look for glycogen as bodies do that before they look for fat when exercising. It doesn't have enough energy so it's going to send you hungry signals.

I don't know. I don't want to ramp up to 1000 cals or whatever on a Wed and Sun, will try to stick though to the 810.

I'm fine after the exercise, its the day after I start to get a bit hungry and today its been quite hard work.

I'll persevere, as much as I can, and hope it evens out.

This is what I do so it can get pretty heavy training 2-3 hours twice a week. YouTube - Tattoo Freeze 2010: Rollerderby

Update:

Basically I've not been too well the past couple of weeks. Been feeling extremely fatigued, and nauseous. Sticking to plan not been going well and in the 2 weeks I've had off have put on a few pounds.

But I don't really bother.

Went to the doctors and they are doing a barrage of tests to try and establish what's going on with the underlying fatigue. I'm just about managing to haul my sorry ass to derby and uni but otherwise grinding to a halt.

So moving up to 810 for the foreseeable future. Doc is testing for a range of things including, diabetes, hypothyroid, B12 deficiency, Vit D deficiency and anaemia. Only one of which I see is possible is the B12/hypothyroid. But I guess we'll wait and see.

Worryingly they have suggested that I could have Post Viral Fatigue Syndrome, or as its more worryingly known M.E.

So I might not be on the boards as much, especially given I'm much more tired than normal, I'm just about pottering along.

Hey Lexie - sorry Ive been awol too - TOTM cravings etc and not being on plan - so am restarting today.

am sorry you are feeling ill and really hope its not M.E. as you are probably aswell.

Keep stong and rest as much as you need
xxx

Easier said than done - final set of blind exam for 3rd year in two months, combined with derby training and placement, and studying and ..... you get the picture. ;) But I'm trying!

Moved up to 810 for the next week and I'll see how I get on with that.

Back