Licking the Lid of Life....my esoteric diary

I was hoping to do the same but I'd forgot its a curry night tonight with the scooter club :) x

Curry isn't always too bad - main thing is to avoid the fried starters, creamy sauces and the bread!

Sunday 26th Jan

People who poo on threads

This is something I have noticed lately. People will post a thread or try and get a conversation going that's not just about food and syns and there are a few posters who just come along and make some indirect disparaging comment about the subject matter and don't answer the thread into the bargain. I contributed to a thread recently and the next poster just came along and basically gave reasons why they WOULDN'T Contribute in the spirit of what had been written. I don't get it. If you don't think the thread is worth contributing too and if you think everything has to be all serious all of the time then JUST. DON'T. CONTRIBUTE.

why waste your time essentially undermining those that have? Weird.

Sunday 26th Jan

People who poo on threads

This is something I have noticed lately. People will post a thread or try and get a conversation going that's not just about food and syns and there are a few posters who just come along and make some indirect disparaging comment about the subject matter and don't answer the thread into the bargain. I contributed to a thread recently and the next poster just came along and basically gave reasons why they WOULDN'T Contribute in the spirit of what had been written. I don't get it. If you don't think the thread is worth contributing too and if you think everything has to be all serious all of the time then JUST. DON'T. CONTRIBUTE.

why waste your time essentially undermining those that have? Weird.

Morning! I agree, I am still nervous about forums, being fairly new to this, so people like that would just scare me off. I don't understand people who post a question either, then don't come back to respond to your answer....

Just catchin up, well done on your losses and good luck with the possible new job! :)

Sent using Android App. Exquoos enee spellin mistayks :D

Ahh thanks Chrissie. There is a bit of that on here. People can be really quick to rubbish others. It's because of the safety of anonymity. People say and do an awful lot of things on here that they would never do or discuss in "real life". I've learnt to ignore if for the most part but sometimes it annoys me. More so if its someone else's thread strangely! I get all defensive because I can see they just want to be involved!

I think I was the victim of a troll too, not a nasty one, but certainly one I don't understand. "She" asked for help on my diary because she wasn't losing on SW, I said I wasn't an expert etc and asked some questions back but never heard any more, when I looked her up she had written on loads of others saying roughly the same thing but all different diets. I was genuinely worried about her at the time...

Ahh thanks Chrissie. There is a bit of that on here. People can be really quick to rubbish others. It's because of the safety of anonymity. People say and do an awful lot of things on here that they would never do or discuss in "real life". I've learnt to ignore if for the most part but sometimes it annoys me. More so if its someone else's thread strangely! I get all defensive because I can see they just want to be involved!

Here Here !!!!
I just keep thinking about Rabbits !! I'm thinking that was the thread :)
Jealous one thinks... Hope your well x

Morning! I agree, I am still nervous about forums, being fairly new to this, so people like that would just scare me off. I don't understand people who post a question either, then don't come back to respond to your answer....

Just catchin up, well done on your losses and good luck with the possible new job! :)

Sent using Android App. Exquoos enee spellin mistayks :D

Enjoy yourself... Don't worry about them !! x

I suppose the whole concept is weird when you really think about it, we are pouring our hearts out to people we don't know but for the most part I feel that is what helps me because we have something in common. So when someone comes along who disagrees or argues a point it highlights the fact that we really don't know the people we are talking to because we can't predict which way the conversation will go...

Ooh I'm getting all deep and meaningful..........................got any jokes? :D

Here Here !!!!
I just keep thinking about Rabbits !! I'm thinking that was the thread :)
Jealous one thinks... Hope your well x

Rabbits? Haha I have no idea what you are talking about now. Do expand!!

I think I was the victim of a troll too, not a nasty one, but certainly one I don't understand. "She" asked for help on my diary because she wasn't losing on SW, I said I wasn't an expert etc and asked some questions back but never heard any more, when I looked her up she had written on loads of others saying roughly the same thing but all different diets. I was genuinely worried about her at the time...

People do that to up their post numbers to get certain privileges. I reported one recently. Its odd behaviour.

I do have a joke...

Two weasles were in a bar. In the middle if a heated conversation the bigger weasel stood up, pointed at the smaller weasel and shouted "I've had your mum!!". The smaller weasel shook his head and said "sit down dad, you're drunk".

it amuses me because it's about weasels. :)

People do that to up their post numbers to get certain privileges. I reported one recently. Its odd behaviour.

I do have a joke...

Two weasles were in a bar. In the middle if a heated conversation the bigger weasel stood up, pointed at the smaller weasel and shouted "I've had your mum!!". The smaller weasel shook his head and said "sit down dad, you're drunk".

it amuses me because it's about weasels. :)

Hahaha! Love it :D

Here is my favourite Duck joke.....

A duck walks into a bar and asks: "Got any Bread?"
Barman says: "No."
Duck says: "Got any bread?"
Barman says: "No."
Barman says: "No, we have no bread."
Barman says: "No, we haven't got any flipping bread."
Barman says: "No, are you deaf?! We haven't got any flipping bread, ask me again and I'll nail your flipping beak to the bar you irritating flipping little bird!"
Duck says: "Got any nails?"
Barman says: "No"
Duck says: "Got any bread?

Cleaned up the language for the web! :)

Love it!! Hahaha

I'm so Bl**dy hungry today..... !!!!! HELP !!!!!

Oh Paul that's horrible, I hate hungry days. I tend to find mine are all boredom. Drink a massive pint of water and I always have eggs if fruit won't cut it (and let's face it it often doesn't)

Don't slip off the wagon!! Consider this an intervention!!

Oh Paul that's horrible, I hate hungry days. I tend to find mine are all boredom. Drink a massive pint of water and I always have eggs if fruit won't cut it (and let's face it it often doesn't)

Don't slip off the wagon!! Consider this an intervention!!

Mine are usually ovulation but I suspect that is not Paul's problem...
I'm very hungry today too. I had no carbs with my lunch, it's the same dinner I had last night and I was hungry then too. Quorn mince and lentils so lots of protein, but I NEED CARBS DAMMIT!

Yes, eggs often help.

I certainly hope not... Ha ha ha on a serious note though, I had additional fruit, yogurts, home made soup - water and still starving hungry, best thing for me to do is go to bed. !!!! If your sleeping your not eating x

Sleep is sometimes our saviour I agree. Sometimes if I have a big lunch. Like maybe a Sunday roast and then don't want dinner later I can get a bit peckish just before bed. So then I just go to bed. Big breakfast the next day and I'm good to go again!!

Yes you can. You have my permission ;)

Back