Licking the Lid of Life....my esoteric diary

Gosh - what a difference; it's hard to see it's the same person! Well done.

Wow you look totally different. You can see a massive difference! You look so tiny now. Well done x

Wow you look amazing - totally different person. Well done , be proud of your achievement and that cozy will fit you in no time. Have a fantastic day.

:hmm:

No I'm really starting to wonder if you were serious about the voodoo doll.

You're going great guns - keep on chipping away!

Ahh thanks everyone. I couldn't always see the difference and then my husband pulled up the pics from center parcs last July and I was like "oh my god!!". Day to day I don't notice but what a difference a year (or 9 months makes!)

Slimming World I salute you x

Saturday 5th April

Easter Hols

Whoop the hols are upon me!! I have found work hard this year. I'm in my 5th year at this particular school and now live in fear of being pigeonholed. The problem being that my subject (law) is pretty niche so new jobs are dead mans shoes. Oh well at least I have a job and for that I am grateful of course. I have been counting down to this 2 week break since, well it feels like forever. It's also over this period that we find out if little one got the primary school we wanted for her. I really hope we do!!!

I'm going to Aldi shortly for the weekly shop, have managed to get it in and around the £60 mark now for a few weeks running so that's not bad going. Giving up meat has most definitely had an impact there. Even husband eats quorn sausages now rather than the real thing so that makes life a lot easier all round. Weather looks to be a bit poo down here this weekend so after shopping we are going to the park whilst its dry and then might try for an afternoon film later although madam has the attention span of half a gnat so that doesn't always work out so well. Ho hum lets see :)

I am going for a bit of a superfree detox day today. It won't look much different to a usual day, fruit for breakfast, home made soup and scan bran for lunch and something veggie based for dinner but I may cut out the evening potato and roast a butternut squash or something. I have discovered the roasted peppers and sweet chilli varieties of Philly this week (£1 in burys) and I'm thinking of mashing the squash up with some of that. Yum

Sunday 6th April

Race for Life

So I've signed up. We all know someone touched by cancer. Personally I lost my mum at 15 so cancer research is a charity I try to do a lot for when I can. I ran this 2 years ago in about 46 mins. Bearing in mind I was about 3-4 stone heavier and there are a lot of inclines I was relatively happy with this. Tomorrow I begin my running programme as Id like to bring it closer to the 30 min mark. Not sure how likely that is!!! I'm going to just see how much I can manage tomorrow in one hit (I have a nike+ monitor in my trainers connected to my iphone) and then build up from there. I want to raise £200 :) I will use my diary to log my runs (urgh sound all kinds of wrong) so you can all beat me up - figuratively - if I slack

Wish me luck!!!

Last edited:
Sunday 6th April

Race for Life

So I've signed up. We all know someone touched by cancer. Personally I lost my mum at 15 so cancer research is a charity I try to do a lot for when I can. I ran this 2 years ago in about 46 mins. Bearing in mind I was about 3-4 stone heavier and there are a lot of inclines I was relatively happy with this. Tomorrow I begin my running programme as Id like to bring it closer to the 30 min mark. Not sure how likely that is!!! I'm going to just see how much I can manage tomorrow in one hit (I have a nike+ monitor in my trainers connected to my iphone) and then build up from there. I want to raise £200 :) I will use my diary to log my runs (urgh sound all kinds of wrong) so you can all beat me up - figuratively - if I slack

Wish me luck!!!

Good luck Sam - I too lost both parents and a sister, a nanna, a 16yr old cousin and aunties to this horrid disease. I wish you every luck hunni its a brilliant cause and the only charity I ever donate to, I have a direct debit set up each month from my wages

Good luck Sam - I too lost both parents and a sister, a nanna, a 16yr old cousin and aunties to this horrid disease. I wish you every luck hunni its a brilliant cause and the only charity I ever donate to, I have a direct debit set up each month from my wages

Thats so sad. They do a wonderful job. I used to have a direct debit, now I try to be that little bit more active in my support. Id love to do more but thy way I see it if I do my bit and others do there then that's only a good thing x

Your photos are fantastic, well done! I am a teacher as well, and it feels like this holiday has been a LONG time coming! One of the best things about being on holiday is I no longer have to have a will of iron around all the cakes/biscuits/chocolate that seem to be a permanent feature of our department office.

Good luck with the Race for Life!

you could have given us a smile Sam!

Fab work though pal. Really and truly.

you could have given us a smile Sam!

Fab work though pal. Really and truly.

yes I'm aware that I look somewhat frowny. It was taken for immediate comparison to the photo on my husbands phone. Sharing with the world was an after thought. I'll smile in the next one for you :D

Back