"Light Choices" meal replacements?

Discussion in 'SlimFast' started by Feathers, 30 September 2008 Social URL.

1. Feathers

Feathers Silver Member

When i was in Tesco tonight, i noticed the L/C meal replacements at 59p. I bought the Chocolate flavoured one as that's what i also like when it comes to the S/F shakes :)

I noticed they also do the tubs that you add milk too but i thought i'd take the single serving to try before commiting. It seems so cheap at 59p compared to the S/F ones... does this mean it's not good at all?? lol!

Anyone tried them?

I'm thinking i'll try it out tomorrow for breakfast.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. minime

minime Gold Member

I'm sure Puggso on the normal diary forum, not the members diary, uses this.

4. FattyMcBigbum

FattyMcBigbum Gold Member

Start Weight:
    26st2.2lb
    Current Weight:
    24st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    21st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3.2lb(4.7%)
    Diet:
    Slim Fast
    I have tried the Tesco branded ones they weren't light choices though, they were way too sickly sweet and that's coming from someone who likes 3 sugars in her coffee. Cos you say they are Light choices they might have re-branded them and changed them slightly let us know how they taste :)

5. Feathers

Feathers Silver Member

"Light Choices" seem to be doing more than just the meals that i enjoy (well,lol, most of them) I only noticed the meal replacement shakes tonight.

I love the BIG selection Tesco has of "diet" shakes etc!! More than any other shop i've been in :)

6. puggso_32

puggso_32 Right to the 'point'

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    4st9lb(29.02%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    WW
    You are right, they did rebrand them a wee while make. I can't even remember what they were called before then.

Again, let me know how you get on with the shake :)

7. FattyMcBigbum

Start Weight:
    26st2.2lb
    Current Weight:
    24st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    21st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3.2lb(4.7%)
    Diet:
    Slim Fast
    I found the shakes online last night but when I went into Tesco today they had moved EVERYTHING! I couldn't find the Slim Fast or anything I think they do it so you have to go hunting for what you usually get and then maybe pick up some extra stuff you spot while looking... it worked on me. Have you tried it yet Feathers?

Are they as sweet as the old ones Puggso?

8. Feathers

Feathers Silver Member

Hi puggso and FattyMcBigbum :)

I know exactly what you mean about shops moving things around,lol!

I had the shake for breakfast and i actually prefer it to SlimFast as it wasn't as sweet! It was very pleasant infact :) let's not forget ALOT cheaper ;)

9. FattyMcBigbum

Start Weight:
    26st2.2lb
    Current Weight:
    24st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    21st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3.2lb(4.7%)
    Diet:
    Slim Fast
    Ahhh meh... now I wished I'd asked one of the shelf stacker's :/ I have enough tins to keep me going for another week or so but I'll check next time.

10. puggso_32

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    4st9lb(29.02%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    WW
    I think they have stayed the same re: sweetness. It's the sweetness of them I like, especially the chocolate, as I simply couldn't really drink anymore than the carton, therefore feel full because of it.

Glad you liked it feathers!

11. sacha

sacha Banned

Start Weight:
    10st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(2.44%)
    Diet:
    Weight watchers
    I have some sort of weird faith in slimfast now.. if I follow it 100% I feel a good feeling! If I had the Tesco version Id worry I wasnt doing it right and lose motivation. Its kinda like a placebo - i believe it'll make me lose weight so it helps me stay with it!

12. puggso_32

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    4st9lb(29.02%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    WW
    I have never used slimfast. The fact it is over double the Tesco price is enough for me to have faith in the Tesco one ;)

13. Gerry

Gerry Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(9.7%)
    Diet:
    TLC/LCD (was on SWL)
    Hi everyone

I'm actually going for weight loss surgery, but have put myself on a self imposed diet prior to that surgery. I was just mooching around the various shakes in Tescos and thought I'd try the Light Choices shakes, so I bought one each of the strawberry and chocolate. Now I'm a fussy bugger when it comes to milkshakes, and never normally drink anything except nesquick, but thought that at 59p each, it was worth giving it a go. I expected it to taste really awful but boy was I surprised!

The only thing I found was that I drank them in the afternoons (only had one per day) and by late evening, my belly felt like I'd eaten a four course meal. I actually felt like I'd over eaten, and I'd only had a jacket potato for my evening meal and two slices of toast for breakfast. I always thought that a glass of milkshake 'filling you up' was rubbish, but I hold my hands up to being totally wrong on that one.

The cartons are 330ml and I found them a bit too much. I went back and bought the chocolate tub to make my own up with two scoops in 250ml of milk. I had that at 10am this morning and was suitably 'stuffed' all day until I had my tea at 4pm. I certainly won't be eating anything else today.

It does suggest on the pack that you drink one for breakfast, one for lunch and another as a snack, but I think I'd bust if I tried to cram that many inside me in a day. Am on one a day at the moment, and would like to get to two. I'm very impressed with them. Only seen the two flavours though. Hope they bring out a banana one. I certainly didn't find them either too bland or too sweet, they were just right. Only thing I would say is that you are better off mixing them in a blender. The powder of the choccy one I have seemed to settle on the top of the milk and take ages to mix in with a spoon.

Off to Tesco tonight to get some more.

14. FattyMcBigbum

Start Weight:
    26st2.2lb
    Current Weight:
    24st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    21st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3.2lb(4.7%)
    Diet:
    Slim Fast
    I keep meaning to buy these and try them out but every time I go into Tesco I forget about them because they have changed the shelves around.

What kind of surgery are you having? Good luck with it...

15. Gerry

Gerry Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(9.7%)
    Diet:
    TLC/LCD (was on SWL)
    I'm hoping to have a gastric bypass. Go to see the consultant on 31st of this month. Hoping to loose a few lbs before then to show willing.

I find the shakes with all the slimfast stuff in the suplements and vitamins section, near the cosmetics, toiletries and baby stuff. Our Tesco had been moving stuff around tonight.....It really brasses me off.

16. Forever Starting Over

Forever Starting Over always!!

Start Weight:
    14st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.92%)
    Diet:
    can't stick to just one!
    i have just stocked up for almost 2 weeks worth oc choc and strawberry light choices (tesco) and will start in november. I saw this thread and thought theyre way sheaper than slim fast which i do now and again so heres to seeing if they suit me. If not im going to end up with a lot on my hands. its just that tescos so far from me i had to buy enough. im sure i'll manage them. Im aiming for a maximum of 2 per day with a light meal.
    will keep you informed on this thread once i start.
    x

17. puggso_32

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    4st9lb(29.02%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    WW
    Good luck with it. Let me know when your thread starts and I'll subscribe :)

My personal feeling is the strawberry doesn't make me feel anywhere near as full as the chocolate.

But different strokes and all that :)

18. Gerry

Gerry Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(9.7%)
    Diet:
    TLC/LCD (was on SWL)
    I found the same thing, strawberry doesn't make me feel anywhere near as full as the chocolate. I could survive on just the chocolate one. Boring, but I love it. That and the banana Slimfast one. Not keen on either of the strawberry ones to be honest.

19. Forever Starting Over

Start Weight:
    14st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.92%)
    Diet:
    can't stick to just one!
    see - im ok with the strawberry slim fast so hoping this should be ok. I was just going to continue on this thread pugso as actually with the rising cost of food sounds like a cheap shopping trip if i do take it up after i finish the 2 weeks. catch you all soon and will let you know what i think of the flavours.
    sabina x

20. puggso_32

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    4st9lb(29.02%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    WW
    I do live on the chocolate. No need for the strawberry.

21. Forever Starting Over

Start Weight:
    14st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.92%)
    Diet:
    can't stick to just one!
    how many shakes do you have a day puggso, and how many calories do you have in the meal? I think i will end up aiming for 2 shakes plus a healthy small-medium size meal. i dont think i will manage to count the calories unless i buy a ready meal. I am currently just watching portion sizes and what i eat and seem to be losing fine but cant wait to start the shakes now as will be interesting to see if they give the weight loss a good kick up the ***. I feel like i have been trying to get my bmi down to normal forever and finally this week i had a loss so im hoping i dont manage to ruin it this week.
    Catch you soon
    s x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.